Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 63 posts ] Average score:  
 Fan Fiction Reviews! Post them here!
regular_contributor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 pm
(Katie if you can, can you please float this? Pretty please? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!)

Hey guys!

Sometimes I really have no idea which fan fics to read! There's just so many awesome ones that I can't decide!

So I thought it would be cool if everyone here could write a review of a fan fic they saw and really liked and would recommend to others! (Remember, please don't say the author is the best writer on here! Although it will make the writer feel good, it might not make others feel good!) Here's an example of one.

A fan fic that I really enjoyed was (insert fan fic name here) by (insert author of fan fic here) I enjoyed it a lot especially when the dog caught the butterfly! I would most definitely recommend it to others!

That's just an example! (And the dog caught the butterfly part...LOL, not my best example.) Just make sure you include the authors screen name, okay? And NO MEAN reviews please!

Can't wait to read all of the fan fics you guys love!

~ Christina

Re: Fan Fiction Reviews! Post them here!
frequent_vsitor

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:49 pm
This is a great idea, iloveharrypotter009! (Seriously, that's a really long screenname. Can I just call you Christina?) Here's one!

I loved Exceeds Expectations (formerly called Tough Trying), by Hippolyte! I love how she writes from Hugo's POV, and I've enjoyed it so far.

I also enjoy every single funny fanfic that's in script format, like a show. Most recent one: Where in the world is Harry Potter?, by 34Wonderland.

~jadedragon49

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:14 pm
Title: The End Before The End
Author: Hippolyte
Rating: Five Stars
Review: This fan fiction takes place at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in 1994, the year Harry Potter competes in the Triwizard Tournament. Ava, though left behind, still keeps her head high, in spite of the strange occurances that are happening at their school. With memorable characters and a plot that keeps you entertained, Hippolyte spun an absolutely genius tale that is a must read!!
Is this story in the LINKS: Yes, as far as I know.

Title: Golden Circles
Author: JadeDragon49
Review: What if Harry's daughter and Draco's daughter were connected? By magic? What if they were almost like...mental twins? That's what JadeDragon49 has done. In a tale that's filled with wonderful character interpretations, an awesome plot, and perfectly-paced chapters, this tale is a must-read...as are its sequels: Joining Forces, and Conquest.
Is this story in the LINKS: I think so.

Title: After the Memory/Summer Days
Author: Artemis101
Rating: Five Stars, Obviously
Review: A Marauders fan fiction, this is full of great lines. Artemis101 has done a fantastic job sneaking into the minds of known characters, but adding some little flares and quirks that really opens your eyes to characters you thought you knew. The way she does it is absolutely fantastic. It's a must read, almost a non-negotiable must-read.
Is this story in the LINKS: After the Memory is, I think. I'd have to check about Summer Days.

I'll post more, soon! Some of them I can't recall, so I'll have to re-read them and make sure their voice is heard! :D

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 pm
That is a great idea! Here is mine---

One of my favourite fan-fics are Harry Potter Play...A show featuring HP boarders! It was written by iloveharrypotter009/Christina, and I thought that it was great! I love the amount of humor in it, and how she included some of the people on the board! (Actors R Us! ... love it!) I would higly reccomend reading it if you need a great laugh or just something if you just want to! Great job Christina for making one of my favourite fanfics!
~Skyelark Moon :D

frequent_vsitor

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 am
Ooooo maybe someone will do my Fan Fic...
I forget too easily so idk what  to do!
LOA 83 nerdy!

regular_contributor

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:13 pm
Gah...I could give you a lot of these if this was THG board, but I can never find Chapter One of a fanfic here. If you go way way way way WAY back, though, there's a really good songfic for "I'm Not That Girl" by _emeraldeagle18_ about Luna/Harry.

regular_contributor

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 pm

_Skyelark Moon_ wrote:
That is a great idea! Here is mine---

One of my favourite fan-fics are Harry Potter Play...A show featuring HP boarders! It was written by iloveharrypotter009/Christina, and I thought that it was great! I love the amount of humor in it, and how she included some of the people on the board! (Actors R Us! ... love it!) I would higly reccomend reading it if you need a great laugh or just something if you just want to! Great job Christina for making one of my favourite fanfics!
~Skyelark Moon :D

Thank you sooo much! I'm glad you like it! :smileyhappy: Oh, and that reminds I should start writing part 3! I hope you like that part as well!

~ Christina

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. ??.
                                                               .?It does."

regular_visitor

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:27 am

_TheaterChik_ wrote:

Umm, TheaterChik? Not to be rude, but, ninjadragon999 wrote that.

~Brooke

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:08 pm
OH SNAP!! DANG IT!! Grrrr....*facepalm* I think the dragons and the nines messed me up. Dang it... (is 'dang' appropriate?) Anyway--Ninjadragon999---I am SOOO sorry! So sorry!!

_bella_cissy_98_ wrote:

_TheaterChik_ wrote:

Umm, TheaterChik? Not to be rude, but, ninjadragon999 wrote that.

~Brooke

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:15 am

_jadedragon49_ wrote:
I loved Exceeds Expectations (formerly called Tough Trying), by Hippolyte! I love how she writes from Hugo's POV, and I've enjoyed it so far.

I love you! Thanks!

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."
~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 am

_TheaterChik_ wrote:
Review: This fan fiction takes place at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in 1994, the year Harry Potter competes in the Triwizard Tournament. Ava, though left behind, still keeps her head high, in spite of the strange occurances that are happening at their school. With memorable characters and a plot that keeps you entertained, Hippolyte spun an absolutely genius tale that is a must read!!

Review: What if Harry's daughter and Draco's daughter were connected? By magic? What if they were almost like...mental twins? That's what JadeDragon49 has done. In a tale that's filled with wonderful character interpretations, an awesome plot, and perfectly-paced chapters, this tale is a must-read...as are its sequels: Joining Forces, and Conquest.

Review: A Marauders fan fiction, this is full of great lines. Artemis101 has done a fantastic job sneaking into the minds of known characters, but adding some little flares and quirks that really opens your eyes to characters you thought you knew. The way she does it is absolutely fantastic. It's a must read, almost a non-negotiable must-read.
Is this story in the LINKS: After the Memory is, I think. I'd have to check about Summer Days.

I'll post more, soon! Some of them I can't recall, so I'll have to re-read them and make sure their voice is heard! :D

You.
Are.
So.
Freakin'.
Awesome!

Thank you for all your good words! *hugs* Hey, matter much if I use the same "profile" for my suggestions?

~Hippolyte

frequent_contributor

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:08 pm
Title: Where in the World is Harry Potter?
Author: 34Wonderland
Rating: 4.5 (out of 5)
Summerary: All the Harry Potter characters search for Harry, who is no where to be seen.
What You Liked/Disliked About This Fanfiction: I liked that 34Wonderland changed it up by writing a script, I also love her random humor (especially when Dumbledore asks Neville for a pickle).

regular_contributor

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_TheaterChik_ wrote:

Author: NINJADRAGON99

You.
Are.
So.
Freakin'.
Awesome!

Thank you for all your good words! *hugs* Hey, matter much if I use the same "profile" for my suggestions?

~Hippolyte

I don't care. Sure, you can use the same format. And you're welcome! :) Your fan fiction deserved 'em!
~Lauren

regular_contributor

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 pm

_TheaterChik_ wrote:

Oh! I didn't even think of giving a form for reviews! That's a great idea, TheaterChik!

If it's okay with TheaterChik, I encourage anyone to use that form! :smileyhappy:

~ Christina

contributor

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm
Okay... well..

Name: Time Turned Upside Down
Author: _EyeoftheAbyss12_
Why I liked it: Because the plot is so perfect, it has action, adventure, everything. It has twists and turns, not to mention the discriptive writing is great! You really should read this fanfic!

Name: The Sorcerers Spoof
Author: _Mist47_
Why I liked it: Because it is just so funny, how the characters try to act, how Bellatrix wants to be the director, just everything! This is another reccomended fanfic by Yours Truly!

Name: A Very Harry Christmas
Author: _TheaterChik_
Why I liked it: Because the storyline is so unique! It takes place after the war, and it's about Ron and Harry getting trapped outside of London while they're on Auror Business. Will they get home in time for Christmas? I also like the fact that the viewpoint changes from Ron and Harry, to Ginny and Hermoine.

Name: What Happens If You Show Draco.....
Author: _MysteryGirl123_
Why I liked it: Because it's hilarious! She gives Draco muggle stuff, and Draco finds some random way to destroy it! It's awesome, and I can't put it to justice here, so JUST READ IT! :)

Name: The Enchanted Basin
Author: _voldy'smushroomminion_
Why I liked it: Because it's not your average Next Generation Kids story, it's not just about their time at Hogwarts, it's more than that. It's.. well, I don't want to give away anything, so let's just say it's really cool!

And.. that's it!

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:32 am
OK! My reviews! (or at least all I can think of now) Here they are... and I use Luna's profile because I'm evil.

Title: The HP Ramble
Author: Twinktoes87 (well, who else?)
Rating: Count with me! One-two-three-four-five!
Review: Well, it is the time of awesome randomness... Written in script form, Twinktoes87 mixes herself and the HP characters with characters from each fandom imaginable... and includes many STACKers as well. It's hilarious, and adorable. Everyone should read it.
Is this story in the LINKS: Yes, not sure what page, but it is

Title: The True Bravery of Real Gryffindors
Author: Ronniekins
Rating: ***** (five stars!)
Review: I greatly enjoyed this story, or maybe I should say loved? But it's maybe because I'm a Romione shipper, and it is about Ron and Hermione. No matter what you ship, though, I recommend you read it: it's Ronniekins' view of the events that happened when Ron and Hermione went into the Chamber of Secrets to destroy the Horcrux, in the Deathly Hallows. With the characters remaining exactly how they were in the books and very real, the story is written from Hermione's point of view, and there is such a good job made you seriously wish you were part of it.
Is this story in the LINKS: I thought it was, but I can't find it now.

Title: I Was A Runaway Death Eater
Author: TheaterChik
Rating:  4.999999999999 5 Stars
Review: A breathtaking fanfiction. Gregoria Dolohov joins the Death Eaters, following her parents, something she had been waiting for for her whole life. But when she saw her own father murdering two innocent people at the front of her eyes, all her decisions so far turned out to be mistakes: she immediately decides to run away and hide. Although small, it is magnificent and captivating, with twists and character that are just impossible to forget: awe-inspiring. When I started reading it, I couldn't stop until it was over and, of course, I was very sad it was. 
Is this story in the LINKS:Yup, first page or so.

I love a bagazillion others, but I don't really have the inspiration now... but read these if you haven't :)

~Hippolyte

contributor

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 am
one of my favorite fanfics is called "wonderful life". it's by theaterchik and is actually part of a "series". it's the last fanfic on the series. the first is "frankie bagman" (that's who the whole series is about), then "six reasons", after that comes "working the weasley way", then last is "wonderful life". it's a great series and i love how theaterchik gave ludo bagman a daughter. it ties in perfectly with the actual harry potter books, too. i honestly dont know what else to say...(bad report! :P i just really like the series. :) )

rookie_visitor

Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:23 pm
Hi! I'm posting my own fanfic. It's called Leo Pasile: A Story. I think it will do fine, but I need people to tell me that! Will anybody read it?

regular_visitor

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 pm
Title- Growing Distant
Author- TheaterChick
Rating- 5(million)stars!!!
Review- I love this fanfic, even though I'm only on part 5!It's about Victoire Weasley and Teddy Lupin, and Victoire gets sent to Beaxbatons(I probably didn't spell it right) and Teddy goes to Hogwarts! It's an amazing fanfic and I highly recommend it. It's one of the best stories I've ever read in my 12 years of life!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

regular_contributor

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:21 am
tomatoketcup, Hippolyte, and chattycrimson6--
I LOVE YOU! *crushes the three of them in a hug* Thanks for the kind words about my fan fictions!! :) Made me so happy!!
~Lauren

contributor

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:36 pm
I don't have time to write out reviews, but I'll name mine personal favorites ( Ones that cheer me up and I can relate to) are Hippolyte's Tough Trying and Teddy/Lily songfic, TheaterChik's Wizard of Oz Hp Edition which I wish we'll see more of, Frankie Bagman seires though all of her's are good if you like twists, LilyEvan257's  The Hufflepuff Quest, which I really miss it, Metsgirl15 WIZ-Napped which is mystery, Twinktoes Hp Ramble, and Gryffindor's Marauders series. There are many more but I continue later. Did anyone write a review of me? *checks* Meh. No. Oh, well. I can blame myself. I don't put time or dedication in my stories. I still haven't completed one.
~Jenna

frequent_vsitor

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:13 pm
Title: Teardrops Falll
Author: bella_cissy_98
Rating: Five-hundred-million-billion!!!!!!!!!!!!
Review: Hermione always sees Ron with Lavender, but she just loves him so much! She can't help but cry, because he never even seems to notice she's there. This was an AMAZINGLY heartfelt story, it made me cry, and I just loved it to pieces!!!! Amazing writing, amazing story line, amazing story telling, amazing all over!!!!!!!

~ninjadragon, who doesn't want to use her sign-off.

regular_contributor

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:43 am

_lacrosse257_ wrote:
I don't have time to write out reviews, but I'll name mine personal favorites ( Ones that cheer me up and I can relate to) are Hippolyte's Tough Trying and Teddy/Lily songfic, TheaterChik's Wizard of Oz Hp Edition which I wish we'll see more of, Frankie Bagman seires though all of her's are good if you like twists, LilyEvan257's  The Hufflepuff Quest, which I really miss it, Metsgirl15 WIZ-Napped which is mystery, Twinktoes Hp Ramble, and Gryffindor's Marauders series. There are many more but I continue later. Did anyone write a review of me? *checks* Meh. No. Oh, well. I can blame myself. I don't put time or dedication in my stories. I still haven't completed one.
~Jenna

Oh, thanks! And you like the Tilly songfic so much? I apriciate that! And don't you worry- I love Magenta! :)

~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 am
Let's go ahead!

Title: HUNTED
Author: EyeOfTheAbyss_12
Rating: 5 stars
Review: If you don't become a crazy fangirl  over this one, you'll receive a Howler from a Hippolyte gal. Now, seriously, it's an amazing fanfiction: impossibly well-writen with epic characters, the plot goes a little like it: Rose Weasley's best and only friend, Morrigan, disappears after a werewolf attack on the Hogwarts Express, which takes the students to London for their Christmas holidays. But the attack was just the begging of what seems to be a Dark Side uprising. With the POV changing every chapters, the reader is allowed to see each event from someone else's point of view, something Samantha masters professionally. Read it, you have no clue what you're missing. :P
Is it on the LINKS: Yes :)

Title: The Real Secrets
Author: iloveharrypotter009 (Oh! What a coincidence! Me too!)
Rating: Five stars, so far
Review: It's an unfinished fanfiction, only the parts 0-2 are up. But the writing is just so captivating! It's a breathtaking, mysterious story no one can read without falling in love with. Beth and Erica, two twin sisters, lose their mother when they're just babies: right before her death, though, she gives each of them a golden box, which they are not allowed to open until a certain date: the second chapter ends unexpectedly and we're all begging of  Christina to continue! (which you will, 'Stina, you know you have to)
Is it on da LINKS: Just the parts 0-2, on page 7, dunno if there's more written

~Hippolyte

rookie_visitor

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:58 pm
I wrote a fan fic and people really liked it. It's called Leo Paisle: A Story, but I'm changing the name. Read and reply!  

regular_contributor

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

Review: It's an unfinished fanfiction, only the parts 0-2 are up. But the writing is just so captivating! It's a breathtaking, mysterious story no one can read without falling in love with. Beth and Erica, two twin sisters, lose their mother when they're just babies: right before her death, though, she gives each of them a golden box, which they are not allowed to open until a certain date: the second chapter ends unexpectedly and we're all begging of  Christina to continue! (which you will, 'Stina, you know you have to)

Aw! Thank you sooo much! I appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

I actually did it up to part 3... click HERE for the link to it! I haven't got to write part 4... I have COMPLETE writers' block! But now that I know that you like it so much (I honestly thought no one would like it...) I'll try my best to write it! I love all of your fan fics as well! You really are an amazing writer, Hippo. (You call me 'Stina, I call you Hippo. LOL, I just guess that's how it works with us!)

Again, thank you so, so, so, so, so, so much!

~ Christina, or 'Stina!

regular_contributor

Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:22 am

_iloveharrypotter009_ wrote:

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

I actually did it up to part 3... click HERE for the link to it! I haven't got to write part 4... I have COMPLETE writers' block! But now that I know that you like it so much (I honestly thought no one would like it...) I'll try my best to write it! I love all of your fan fics as well! You really are an amazing writer, Hippo. (You call me 'Stina, I call you Hippo. LOL, I just guess that's how it works with us!)

~ Christina, or 'Stina!

Aaah, thanks for the link! *is very gonna read it* Thank you so much! And I was being honest, ya know. But you call me... H-H-Hippo? :*( >:( This is so mean, 'Stina!

Oh, Ok. You 'Stina, me Hippo. Allright, deal. *shake hands all happily*

~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:58 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

~ Christina, or 'Stina!

Aaah, thanks for the link! *is very gonna read it* Thank you so much! And I was being honest, ya know. But you call me... H-H-Hippo? :*( >:( This is so mean, 'Stina!

~Hippolyte

I am so sorry if me calling you Hippo offends you... I'll stop if you'd like!

~ Christina

visitor

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:31 pm
i love the power of words by emeraldeagle18 she chose a unique charecter to write about she captured Rita Skeeters personality PErFECTLY and also its awsome and creative

regular_contributor

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:15 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

~ Christina, or 'Stina!

~Hippolyte

~ Christina

No, it's cool, unless you have issues with 'Stina too, so the deal goes to the rubbish bin. But I have nothing against Hippo. :)

~Hippo

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:34 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:
OK! My reviews! (or at least all I can think of now) Here they are... and I use Luna's profile because I'm evil.

Title: The HP Ramble
Author: Twinktoes87 (well, who else?)
Rating: Count with me! One-two-three-four-five!
Review: Well, it is the time of awesome randomness... Written in script form, Twinktoes87 mixes herself and the HP characters with characters from each fandom imaginable... and includes many STACKers as well. It's hilarious, and adorable. Everyone should read it.
Is this story in the LINKS: Yes, not sure what page, but it is

I love a bagazillion others, but I don't really have the inspiration now... but read these if you haven't :)

~Hippolyte

Thanks! I reall should write more of that... but I kind of forgot to start my rambling chain. Anyone want to write a selection of it?

regular_contributor

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

~ Christina, or 'Stina!

~Hippolyte

~ Christina

No, it's cool, unless you have issues with 'Stina too, so the deal goes to the rubbish bin. But I have nothing against Hippo. :)

~Hippo

Okay! I'm fine with 'Stina, then! Just wanted to make sure you were okay with Hippo! :smileyhappy:

SEE YA HIPPO!

~ 'Stina

regular_contributor

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:18 pm
Title: Exceeds Expectations
Rating: FIVE STARS

Exceeds Expectations Exceeds Everyone's Expectations
I have to admit, Hippolyte has been known to hook me from word one in her fan fictions, and her latest is no exception. With a brilliantly witty approach to Hugo Weasley's personality, she tells the tale of Hugo's fifth year at Hogwarts. Trying to juggle O.W.L.s, Quiddtich practice, and handle rivalries between James Potter and Angel McMahon really takes its toll, but Hugo is one tough cookie.
The cast of characters is brilliant, as the addition of the McMahons really spruces up the story and adds a wonderful action-packed climax. Hippolyte is one of those people who can take characters of someone else's design and make them three-dimensional, relateable, and all together more memorable. We've never considered a Hugo fan fiction and she has set the bar astronomically high.
Is it in the LINKS? You betcha. She works fast.

Title: The Reasons Behind the Madness
Author: Emeraldeagle18

The Reasons We Love The Reasons Behind the Madness
To enter into the mind of a villain is definitely a dangerous path. But Emeraldeagle18 handles it beautifully. She opens a window into the past of Fenrir Greyback and never looks back. It brings a new facet of light to this character and really makes us think about these villains as not one-dimensional sociopaths, but three-dimensional human beings with feelings and terrible pasts. She almost made me cry (very emotional) and does it so brilliantly it's perfect.

Is it in the LINKS? Not yet, but we're waiting...

regular_contributor

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:30 am
I have a new review! YAAY!

Title: Star Potter Games
Author: TheaterChik (AKA: The master of the art of Fan Fics! :smileyvery-happy:)
Rating: 5 stars!!!
Review: As a lover of both Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, I was super excited when I found out that TheaterChik was creating Star Potter Games, a twisted story involving HP and THG characters together. The writing is suspenseful and thoughtful, the plot very well planned out. TheaterChik captures the characters perfectly, and I give TheaterChik serious respect for that, as it's hard to capture characters that someone else came up with. I positively love this Fan Fiction so far and can't wait for more!
Is this story in the LINKS: I don't know! It probably will be.

~ Christina

contributor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:51 pm
I was just about to recommend that! It's SO awesomely awesome.

I have a new review! YAAY!

Title: Star Potter Games
Author: TheaterChik (AKA: The master of the art of Fan Fics! :smileyvery-happy:)
Rating: 5 stars!!!
Review: As a lover of both Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, I was super excited when I found out that TheaterChik was creating Star Potter Games, a twisted story involving HP and THG characters together. The writing is suspenseful and thoughtful, the plot very well planned out. TheaterChik captures the characters perfectly, and I give TheaterChik serious respect for that, as it's hard to capture characters that someone else came up with. I positively love this Fan Fiction so far and can't wait for more!
Is this story in the LINKS: I don't know! It probably will be.

~ Christina

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:53 am

_TheaterChik_ wrote:
Title: Exceeds Expectations
Rating: FIVE STARS

Exceeds Expectations Exceeds Everyone's Expectations
I have to admit, Hippolyte has been known to hook me from word one in her fan fictions, and her latest is no exception. With a brilliantly witty approach to Hugo Weasley's personality, she tells the tale of Hugo's fifth year at Hogwarts. Trying to juggle O.W.L.s, Quiddtich practice, and handle rivalries between James Potter and Angel McMahon really takes its toll, but Hugo is one tough cookie.
The cast of characters is brilliant, as the addition of the McMahons really spruces up the story and adds a wonderful action-packed climax. Hippolyte is one of those people who can take characters of someone else's design and make them three-dimensional, relateable, and all together more memorable. We've never considered a Hugo fan fiction and she has set the bar astronomically high.
Is it in the LINKS? You betcha. She works fast.

*delayed reply* THANK YOU! I can be thanking you for centuries to come, and still it'll never be enough! I swear, I can be having the worst day ever, but once I read this review I'm immediately an all happy-go-lucky again! very-happy smiley And no, I'm not exaggarating... THANKS!

~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:37 pm
Title: Summer With the Potters
Author: Justaprincess
Rating: Five Starzies!

So...the second generation gets propelled to the past (Order of the Phoenix) and meet their parents (talk about awkward!). They'll get sent back for sure, if they don't disappear in the process!
I loved this. Absolutely adorable. I sure hope Justaprincess continues to write, because there's just something about the adorable little stories that I just love.
Is it in the LINKS? Not yet, but I hope so!

regular_contributor

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:27 pm
Title: April Johnson
Username: Chattycrimson6
Rating: Five stars

April Johnson Leaves Everyone Satisfied
Chattycrimson6 debuted her fan fiction April Johnson a while ago and twenty-four parts later, we're begging for more fan fictions from her creative mind.
With a beautiful cast of characters and a lovely pace to keep it going, we're never left with a dull chapter. From the cute scenes between Matt and April to the intense confrontation with Leo, we're completely in the action all the time.
Is it in the LINKS? You bet.

contributor

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 pm
i should have said this earlier, but....
EEEEEP! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! i can't believe it! the first review about my writing! and it's good! YAY! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :{D :D :D :D :D

regular_contributor

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:10 pm
KEEP UP THE REVIEWING, EVERYONE!!!! :smileyhappy:

~ Christina

regular_contributor

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:48 am
Review: So Random! Harry Potter Style
Author: MuggleWitch
Rating: Five Stars, Duh!
So Random! Never Looked So Good
I dont' really care for Disney Channel's So Random! of course, but I love it when MuggleWitch starts typing and creates these off-the-wall, random, fun-filled episodes for our viewing pleasure. Episodes are sporadic, but that doesn't mean each episode isn't special, because they are.

Review: Voldy Time with Lord Voldemort!
Author: MysteryGirl123
Rating: Cinco Estralles (Five Stars en Espanol, even if I didn't spell estralles right)
Voldemort Has His Own TV Show! Mostly...
Wow. So, MysteryGirl123, the queen of Random, has now taken it to a new level of randomness with her new series Voldy Time with Voldemort. She (Amara) and Voldemort have hilarious on-stage escapades involving flying breakfast foods, Kingdom Hearts, letters, no noses, and more flying food. Of course, coming from any one else, I don't know if it'd be the same. But when it's coming from Amara, we know it's just the right amount of random.

Neither of these are in the links, but they're being posted every so often. The latest Voldy Time with Lord Voldemort! is up now.

regular_visitor

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 pm
Sorry if someone has already done this, but I'm not sure, cause it hasn't been posted yet!
Name: A Funny Thing Happened
Rating: 5 STARS!
Plot:  TheaterChik has once again outdone herself in a twisting tale that follows the adventures leading up to Ron and Hermione's wedding.  Between Ron and Harry having to come home in their underwear, or Hermione's dress being splattered with chocolate, we were never left with a dull moment.  I laughed my head off in this comical adventure that had endless possibilities, but managed to end perfectly and wonderfully!  Congrats TheaterChik for yet another awesome fanfic!
Is it in the Links: I don't know, but I hope so!

frequent_contributor

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 pm
*was going to review something before she realized that she hasn't read ANY fanfictino (yes, fictino) in awhile*

Written in the stars

A million miles away.

-Tinie Tempah?

`•?•.¸¸.•?•´¯``•?• .¸«?»Katherine «?»¸.•?•´´¯`•?• .¸¸.•?•´

regular_contributor

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:51 pm

_Twinktoes87_ wrote:
*was going to review something before she realized that she hasn't read ANY fanfictino (yes, fictino) in awhile*

Written in the stars

A million miles away.

-Tinie Tempah?

*eyebrowraise* Like we didn't noticed! You should read some, like, NOW! *waves hands above head* Prove this thread useful! *pushes Katherine towards the computer screen* READ ONE NOW!

Oh my, so should I. Meh. >.< I'm dead tired. Forgive me, people. My life will begin on Monday, 5th December.

~Hippolyte

contributor

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:23 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_Twinktoes87_ wrote:

Written in the stars

A million miles away.

-Tinie Tempah?

*eyebrowraise* Like we didn't noticed! You should read some, like, NOW! *waves hands above head* Prove this thread useful! *pushes Katherine towards the computer screen* READ ONE NOW!

Oh my, so should I. Meh. >.< I'm dead tired. Forgive me, people. My life will begin on Monday, 5th December.

~Hippolyte

Only two more days! *chants* TWO MORE DAYS! TWO MORE DAYS! etc.

contributor

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 pm
Name: Evelyn Rosario Wattson
Author: ghrs98
Why I Liked It: I read the first chapter and was immediately hooked. I've been following the fanfic *somewhat obssesively* and have loved it SO much! Congrats to ghrs98 for writing such an awesome fanfic.

wtu?????????¢?ü?utw

?????

“We have become not a melting pot, but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different *beliefs*, different yearnings, Different hopes, Different dreams.

~President Jimmy Carter

?????

°°

Visit the Two-Person (Now Three-Person) Signoff Shop

Here.

°°

contributor

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 pm
Thanks tomatoketchup! :smileyhappy:

I stand up for House-Elf Rights!

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our

abilities."

Yeah, listen, listen, got to dash... things happening. Well... four things. Well... four things and a lizard.

~Blink, Dr. Who

"I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down on his parchment,

"that can't be right, can it?"

"Aaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mystical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..."

Lesley is Currently Reading:

Crepusculo (Twilight)

new

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Alright, no one's done one of these in a while, so I guess I should start...

Name: The Unbreakable Vow

Rating: 5 stars!

Plot: One day, when Finley Sparks was in the woods, she witnessed horrible crime- her brother, Ned, was being murdered by a unfamiliar man.  She was forced to create an Unbreakable Vow with the man, promising that she would never tell anyone the truth about how Ned got murdered.  But when the man comes back, is Finley really ready to confront the murderer and find out more about who this man really is?  Another captivating story by TheaterChik!

There's a lot more stories I want to review, I just have to find them all...

~Nicole, who is really happy because March Break starts today! (For her, at least!)

regular_contributor

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm

HUGS FOR NICOLE!! EVERYBODAY! *hugs Nicole*

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 pm

*hopes no one has ever done this*

Title: Becoming Emma
Author: Colie Bear
Rating: FIVE STARS. Alright maybe not five stars... *thinks* *remembers she can't think* *thinks about her inability to think* Yeah. It's not five stars. TIS FIVE FULL STARS!
Review: Rose and Scorpius... a very famous couple for us, the fanfic-writers. But a few of us that write about Rose and Scorpius actually consider the possiblity of them having children.
Nicole does, though, and in this totally epic fic we are presented Emma Malfoy, younger of four kids who joins Hogwarts for the first time in her life and has too many to look up to. But what if she didn't do things exactly the way people expected? Emma's story is such a well-written adventure no one can help but falling deeply in love with. And staying deeply in love for long after it's over. :) Thousand thumbs up from me.
Is it in the LINKS?: Not yet. But be patient. Great things get time to get greatly done.

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention." Whompy
~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Title: Becoming Emma

Author: ColieBear

Review: A coming of age story usually has a couple hurtles to jump, especially when there have been a hundred different kinds and it's hard to make one unique. ColieBear had absolutely no problem with that. Her fan fiction "Becoming Emma" was compelling, adorable, and at the right pace. It was filled with great characters and a dramatic twist that will leave ANY reader satisfied.

~Lauren

contributor

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:10 pm
Title: Riddle Me This Author: shybird7(The number is what I'm not sure on. the shybird part is right.) Review: I loved how she incorporated humor and regular life into this story. The creativity was great, the characters well developed and spot on, and the chapters suspenseful and compelling. I give it five stars!

frequent_vsitor

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 pm
@cutie3500 OMIGOSHIES!!! You have no idea just how much you just made my day. Having a fanfiction on this thread has been such a dream of mine! Hugs!!!!!
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!
-Ollie

contributor

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 pm
@shybird3: No prob! You really deserved it. Btw, so sorry about messing up your name. I just wasn't sure. I haven't seen a review for any of my fanfics, but I'm hoping to see one soon!

new

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Okay, so I was just scanning this, looking for any new reviews, and then... I SAW THE TWO REVIEWS FOR BECOMING EMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren and Anna, you guys have no clue how much I love you right now for posting those reviews (sorry if that sounds awkward)! You guys honestly just made my day... or my week... or my month... or year.... =)

Seriously though, this means a lot to me, and I promise I will post a review for the next fanfic both of you finish!

~Nicole

new

Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:11 am
Title: The Edgar Halloway Story.
Author: Theaterchik!
Rating:
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Yeah. It's that good.
Review: Too awesome to put into words. LOL, jk, I have a lot of words to say about this. This is a story about heroes and greatness, and about the son of Henry Halloway who just wants to be as great as his dad. Another great thing about this that not many people point out is that it does not stereotype Houses, or at least not Slytherin and Gryffindor. In ol' Ed's mind, Slytherin is the greatest House you could be put in, and the bully is not from Slytherin for once. (Yay, Slytherins!) It is a truly EPIC fanfic, and I DEFINITELY reccomend you read it. No, better than that. I COMMAND that you read it. Well, technically I don't have the power to command you to read it, but pretend that I do. So go and read it! Right now! And I mean now! Go to the search page, type in 'The Edgar Halloway Story', and read that fanfic! Go on! Now!

If you are reading this sentence, it means that you did not immediately go read that story like I told you to. So I say to you one more time:

GO READ THE EDGAR

HALLOWAY STORY!!!

new

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:25 am
The best Fan Fiction ever is: "If the HP people were on a social media site" It's really funny and crazy, and it's so good I printed it out and put it on my wall!

new

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 am

I totally recommend Red Meets Green, Year 1 by agentthor (not sure if that's how you spell it..). It's a really well-written Scorrose (RoseWeasleyxScorpiusMalfoy pairing) fic. smiley

new

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 pm

My favourite fan fiction would have to be Harry Potter

It matters not what someone is born but what they grow to be!   -Albus Dumbledore

new

Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:00 am

answer these 

Should Cedric have been more nice to Harry?

Should Cedric have helped Harry in the Triwizard Tournament?

new

Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:08 am

I really recommend Missing Death by Inches by hippolyte. On a scale of 1-5, I give it 6!!!!! I love the creative way hippolyte finds POVs for pretty much everyone. Tip: hippolyte, enter a writing contest!!!!!

new

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Title: Dragonscale

Author: frostelf355

Rating: 5 stars

Fan Fic Summary: A girl goes on The Hogwarts Express and meets a new friend

Review: It was short and sweet. Literally.

new

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 pm

What is fan fiction exactly?

[ 63 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team