Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 138 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 * * FAQ Section: Please read all new members!! * *

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:13 pm

For Additional Stacks/Profile FAQ. Click Here!

FAQs

Thanks to Amanda, moderator of the Harry Potter board, for most of this info! Also thanks to the members of the boards for giving me questions to use.

Welcome to the board! If you have a question, please check here first before asking the moderator or any of the other members. If your question isn’t here, then ask. If your question is here, I will most likely ignore your message or point you to this post. Now that there are so many people around, it seems like a waste of everyone’s time for me and other veteran users to answer the same questions over and over.

How do I start a new board?
You can’t.

How do I start a new thread?
If you want to start a new thread, all you have to do is be on the 'board' and click the "new message" button on the left side of the screen, above where all the messages.

How do you get promoted to a higher rank?
The rank is based on a combination of posts, views, logins and minutes online. You have to meet the requirements for each category before you are promoted to the next level. Here are the levels:

New to the Community
Rookie Visitor
Visitor
Regular visitor
Frequent Visitor
Contributor
Regular Contributor
Frequent contributor
Superior contributor
Community leader--this one is super hard to get to because you have to have a message rating of 4!

How do you change the font color and style on here?
Go to 'graphical editor' to the right of the 'submit post' button.
Note: I think ‘graphical editor’ only shows up if you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser.

For smileys, you can also use the graphical editor. Or, you can do these shortcuts, just delete the space in between:
: )
: (
; )

How do I make hearts and other symbols?
It doesn't work on some computers, but you can try to press the alt key plus any number between 1 and 100.

How do I reply to one particular post?
Click on 'Reply' which is written above the screen-name of the person's post, and then click on the bubble icon in the editing toolbar.

Why don't people reply to my messages?
People will start replying. Don't worry; it takes a bit time sometimes. Try and post something which is new and interesting.

Why did my message get deleted?
The moderator probably deleted it because it had too much violence, swearing, or belonged on a different board. Or, your message had your middle, last name, your school name, email address, any other web site addresses, or any other information that may be too personal. Please do not ever post personal information on ANY web site without your parents’ permission. It is very, very dangerous!

Why do I have I more posts than I have posted?
You have probably used someone else’s screen name. Please pick a new screen name and see if that has any posts.

How you change a screen name and how do you delete one?
You can’t really do either, just start a new account and ignore the old one.

Can we post pictures?
Plain and simple, no. This helps keep us safe.

Can I start a _______ club?
Yes, even though it might not work out, you don't need the moderator's permission to start a club.

How do I change my icon?
Go to the link at the very top of the page that says "my icon"--click on it and it’ll give you a whole bunch of options.

“Why can’t I see my message??”/ “Why can’t I see replies to my thread?”
You can’t see your messages because the moderator hasn’t approved them. Every person’s message is submitted and then the moderator has to read it, and approve it.

You cannot see any replies to your message if the moderator hasn’t approved those messages.

As a courtesy, please do not ask about your message until 48 hours after you posted it. Then, you can send a message with a link to your post and I will see what happened. I’m really sorry because I know everyone is excited to see their messages, but there are a lot of you and I’m trying my best.

"How do I send a link"?
If you want to ask me about a post of yours--why it isn't approved or why you can't see the replies, etc. please send me a link. This is how to send a link to your message:
go to the page where your message is. Copy the URL (for example: http://community.scholastic.com/scholastic/board/)
then, go to my questions/comments thread and create a message--paste the link into the message.

"Can we have passwords?"
I know it can be annoying when people log into your username, but it's really easy for me to go back and delete posts that you haven't done. So, just let me know. We’re working on getting passwords set up and I hope soon. Unfortunately, it takes some time so it's just another one of those things that I have to ask you to be patient about.

How to report an abusive message
If you see an abusive message or if you see a message that you didn't write, here is how to report it to me:
see the red bar that is above each post? Click on the button that says "options." scroll down and choose report abuse to moderator. Then a pop up shows up and you can add a comment. Please tell me why you think the message should be deleted. Then click "notify moderator" button.

"How can I edit my profile?"
You can't edit your profile because you really aren't allowed to share much personal info on these boards. It's really important to us that these boards remain safe for everyone!

Thanks everyone! Enjoy the boards!

Message Edited by Buzz_Moderator on 07-16-2007 01:18 PM

Message Edited by Brad_Moderator on 11-21-2008 11:51 AM

Re: * * FAQ Section: Please read all new members!! * *
new

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:59 am

Post Rating System

new

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:50 am

thanks for all the helpenlightenedlaugh

new

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Please help. I cannot seem to find the "my icon" button. Can someone tell me where it is with more details? It's probably right in front of my eyes. Thanks, guys!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Do you mean your avatar? Go to the top of the page, and go to Profile - Update my Avatar. Soon it will show up on the side of your messages.

new

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Ok! Thank you. I used to remember having little icons instead of our avatars beside our message board posts.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Right- you mean the little animals and lightening bolt and things- ? Yeah, those are gone. 

new

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Thats a good tip and idea thanks for the help.winksmileycheekyenlightened

new

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Thank you for writing that!  Now I know what I can and can't do and once again thank you!smiley

new

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 am
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I JOINED YESTERDAY AND I STILL NEED A LITTLE HELP AND THIS HELPED! BUT I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS SO WHOEVER SEES THIS PLZ BE MY FRIEND!!! THX!! ~energeticchoclate3~ PEACE OUT!cool (sorry, my caps lock was on and i didnt know!!)

new

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 pm

thank you for all your help but how do you show a message on the stacks board it says no message for this user what do I do please help message me  back thanks buzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!winkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

new

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:13 pm

HI KAITEsmiley

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I read a book called Monster Hunters International. It was a great book because, there was everything someone would want, romance, action, and GREAT details. Someone else would probably like this book because, they are interested in guns or monsters. Most of the time I could actually feel the pain that the character felt. I hope you will enjoy the book if you read it!!

Hannah, NC

P.S. You can only buy this online.Sorry. :-P

From Katie- no outside web sites please

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm

I read The Unexplained Ghost, it was a good book i loved it.  I loved how a get to learn about different types of ghost ,and things like that......I think other people will like or love this book because some people might be interested in reading bout that stuff...I know i really loved it

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm

I read the DAIRY OF THE WIMPY KID and it is really good it is cartoonist and im sure you already no.But im really sure that you and your brother will like it and I hope you take this advice to read it is really good.It is about a kid and his family and he gets trapped in a snow storm.So he is stuck with his family and he doesnt like it.Then he got a game on his computer where he had to take care of a dog and then he needed money for it so he got a job as shoveling drive ways.

new

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks!!! This is my first post, so I really need help!

contributor

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:08 am

Welcome to everyone who posted here! :D

Foreverelephant

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

He put his arm around Hermione's shoulders, and she put hers around his waist, and they turned in silence and walked away through the snow, past Dumbledore's mother and sister, back toward the dark church and the out-of-sight kissing gate.”

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

~Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

regular_visitor

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Welcome everyone!

new

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 pm

i know this seems like a weird question, but HOW DO YOU FRIEND SOMEONE??????

new

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:05 pm

hi people

[ 138 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team