Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 For new STACKers who have a LOT of questions:Click here!
new

Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 am
Hey!
A few months ago I was new and didnt know anything. But now I'm ready to guided new users.
HTML is pretty easy. A lot of u r confused about. For those who r confused,check out the Write-It-boards. A lot of old users like brainyathena,technologygirl,aquapenguin,aquacat, and others r holding up posts for HTML questions. Head there. They will answer a lot of questions.
But dont avoid the rules! U have to folow the rules below:
No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed
Oh and remeber no inapropiate lang. Mods have cleared these facts clearly. Plus,ur posts r first moderated by mods. They will quikly try to read/approve them. They will edit ur post if there is any lang prob.
Another thing! I have to answer a few other questions,BTW. If u r having some prob,head over the FAQs. But in dis post,u dont have to. I'll just tell u the FAQs because I memorized it. :lol:
What is THE STACKS?
You're on it! THE STACKS is Scholastic's site about books and reading for kids, where you can create profiles and interact with other kids about books, authors, etc. in a safe environment. No personally identifiable information (full name, address, email, phone number) is required to create or use a STACKS account.
Is THE STACKS live yet? Yes, but this is only a beta version. That means we're still working on making it the best it can be, and not all of the features are ready yet. In the meantime, you're getting a preview of what the finished version will be like. Don't you feel special? :lol:
I've noticed an "Add to Profile" link on a bunch of games and activities around the site. What's that all about?
As part of our profile system, everyone gets something called "My Stack," which is a collection of "widgets"— saved on your profile page. If you see the "Add to Profile" link on an activity, then that means you can add it to your personal Stack!
What programs do I need to run THE STACKS on my computer? Whoa, are you some kind of tech whiz? We salute you, but actually, you don't need any special programs to visit THE STACKS; you should be able to view the site as long as you have Flash. If you have Flash on your computer and are still having trouble viewing the site, you can try downloading the latest version of Flash, just in case. (Be sure to ask for your parents' permission first!)
I know other things,but i dont want to have the troubles to say it! Another problems? Just ask!
P.S. We need to owe the Mods a HUGE thanx!

Re: For new STACKers who have a LOT of questions:Click here!
new

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 pm
Thanks for mentioning me! If they have HTML questions, I can answer them here, I don't care. My posts aren't on the Write-It boards. I have them on Save the Planet, Fan Fiction (non-HP), HP Gen Discussion, Stack Back, and I think I have one on Reading Buzz Board, but I'm not sure.

AquaCat586

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

-The Beatles, "With A Little Help From My Friends"-

P.S. I'm not old, I just joined in June 2012. Maybe it seems like I am, but I'm not.

new

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 pm
Aquacat:
Thanx,aquacat,for being so generous. Dont worry,my title says I'm new but I'm not.I know a lot of things,not like I wanna brag!
Reading is breathing72

"I AM so smart that I don't know what the hell I am talking about."

-Oscar Wilde

Secret Seven has seven members...and well it is secret."

-Apola, Secret Seven.

"Just close your eyes. The sun is going to down. You will be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I will be safe and sound."

-Taylor Swift, Safe and Sound.

"Long live! The walls we crashed through! Whilethe kingdom's lights shine...for you.Long, long, live, the magic that we made... our names will be remembered one day."

-Taylor Swift ft. Paula Fernandiez, Long live.

I'm so smart I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!
I love you mommy "I have no money.Try your dad."I love you daddy. :ugeek:
&I am painting a blue square in my backyard so that Google Earth thinks that I have a pool. :lol:

new

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm
Okay,so before others ask I'm going to say more instructions as i cud.
I'm going to try to post all da instructions dat will make u understand this website as much as u shud. I hope you understand!
P.S.you can always go to Allie's guide! It's at da top,beside "Allie's calender".
THE STACKS really stinks! How I can I tell Scholastic that I hate the site with the passion of a thousand burning suns?
Ouch. Even so, we still want to hear from you, and we've set up a Stack Back Message Board just to get your opinions! What are your favorite things about THE STACKS? What do you think needs improvement? Tell us!
Remember, all posts are reviewed by a moderator and stripped of personally identifiable information before they are posted.
THE STACKS is totally awesome! How can I tell Scholastic that I love the site even more than girls love Justin Bieber?
We definitely want to hear from you guys, and we've set up a Stack Back Message Board just to get your opinions! What are your favorite things about THE STACKS? What do you think needs improvement? Tell us!
Does THE STACKS collect personally identifiable information from its users?
Any personally identifiable information that is collected on THE STACKS is optional and used in accordance with our Privacy Policy. For example, you can sign up for newsletters, sweepstakes, and contests by submitting your email address along with an email address for your parent or guardian. This information is not combined with your STACKS registration information and is not included in or displayed on your STACKS public profile. Personal information collected from the entry form is retained in accordance with Scholastic's policies. For all entries, we save the info for one year following selection of the winner; for winners, we save it for up to three years, plus any statutory retention periods. In these instances, the user's email address is used only to respond more than once to that child's specific request in connection with a particular newsletter, sweepstakes, or contest, and the parent/guardian email address is collected solely to provide parental notice and an opportunity to let us know that he/she does not want the child to participate in such activity, to notify the parent if the child is selected as a potential winner and to coordinate fulfillment of the prize. We may collect the user's first name in connection with such parental notice, but solely for the purpose of providing such notice, and the first name is not retained (unless it was collected separately in connection with the user's STACKS registration, for users who registered under an earlier STACKS registration system, or in connection with another feature or transaction on Scholastic.com, such as from the user's parent in connection with purchases from Scholastic Book Clubs online).
THE STACKS also offers e-cards or "email this" or "invite a friend" or "share this" features enabling users to share site features with others. These features may require you to provide your first name and last initial or Screen Name together with the first name, last initial, and e-mail address of the lucky person you are emailing. This information is not combined with your registration information in our database and is not included in or displayed on your STACKS public profile. Sender and recipient information is not saved after the e-card is sent (except if the information may have been collected separately in connection with another activity). Sorry, you cannot freely type a message to include with the e-card or in the subject line.
Anyways,I'll post more next time. I'm going to get busy;need to study.

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team