General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  

Would you read this book?
if you don't include to much fighting i might 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
if i can read the summary first i probably will 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
yeah, i guess it looks good 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
no way, i cant stand history 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i will read this book, it looks pretty good 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
 From Hitler to Roosevelt, [ new book idea ]
new

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Ok so i have been watching all the WW1-2 documenterys,  and i ws thinking, almost all the hitler, patton, churchill , ect., ect. are on the side of america, or at least the allies. Well, how  about a book in the perspective a girl who is on hitlers side? i probally wont write this on any mesage board, i just want to know how anybody would feel about it. My thinking is that the girl will be called Letta. If you have any german name ideas please tell me. And i might as well say, she doesn't stay on hitlers side.                                                                                                       i hope you like the idea.

Re: From Hitler to Roosevelt, [ new book idea ]
new

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm

I looooooooooooooove novels!!!

new

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:48 pm

i cant remember if i acutally submited it, but i wrote half a chapter and put it on  this message board. i dont remember, as i said, if i submitted it or not, so if another thing comes up about a girl named Letta, and its about "the balloon army" its from me. 

Sincerely,

The bad- speller,

creekclimbing11

new

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:54 pm

i cant remember if i acutally submited it, but i wrote half a chapter and put it on  this message board. i dont remember, as i said, if i submitted it or not, so if another thing comes up about a girl named Letta, and its about "the balloon army" its from me. 

Sincerely,

The bad- speller,

creekclimbing11

contributor

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:56 pm

An interesting WWI group that is not often discussed (mostly becasue it's disturbing and sad) is the Hitler Youth. They were an organization of CHILDREN and was basically a Nazism for Tots campaign to promot nationalism in the young. It was also a way for the Nazis to weed out traidors and Jews. Kids not part of Hitler Youth?

TO THE CONCENTRATION CAMPS WITH YOU! If your character is a child in Nazi-era Germany, she was probably either a member of Hitler Youth or was activly against them. 

I love the idea, I hope this helps!

~Jess~

frequent_contributor

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:54 am

There's a YA novel coming out soon with that premise, actually! I can't remember the name, but it's the niece of Hitler, or something like that.

It's a good perspective to work from!

Kira

Unofficial Adult Advisor for Write It!

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 am

Wow, that's a really interesting idea.  Not many people have the guts to write a character who would side with Hitler.  That must be difficult, but I'm sure you'll pull it off.

I also like greentea1398's idea.  I think mentioning the Hitler Youth would be a nice touch, though girls would actually have been in the Bund Deutscher Mädel (BDM) which means "League of German Girls".  The young girls (10-14) would have belonged to the sub-group, Jungmädel, and the older girls belonged to the normal group.  The oldest girls (17-21) could join Strength Through Joy, but that was voluntary.

Good luck!

~Tatiana~

new

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:20 pm

I read a book like this before. She got sent to Hitler Youth. She couldnt even remember her name. All she had was a little pin from her grandmother...Its scary.

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team