General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  

How's your day going?
Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:07 pm
Great! :grin: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not so great... :( 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Okay...for now! CONSTANT VIGILANCE! 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Perfectly alright, thank you very much 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wonderful!!!!! 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
BEWARE THE NARGLES :shock: 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Crumple-horned snorcack! (Okay, guys, I'll stop now. Sorry, I was feeling random :oops: ) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Getting to Know Each Other!
new

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi Everyone! :grin:

So, I've been gone for a while, and I've noticed a lot of new faces around here. I don't think we've had one of these introduction thread thingies recently, so I thought I'd make one so that we could all get to know each other a little better! :razz: All of the questions are optional - please feel free to answer as many or as few of them as you would like! You can also reply to other people, and hopefully start conversations with fellow Stackers with similiar (or different! :mrgreen: ) interests.

Username/Pen name/First name/whatever you would like to be known by:

Age/grade:

Country/State (nothing more specific than state though, please!):

Favourite Harry Potter book:

Have you read all the books? (If not, which one are you on?)

Which Hogwarts house are you in?

Who's your favourite character from Harry Potter?

And what's your favourite quote from the books? :razz:

What's your favourite colour?

What are some of your hobbies?

What are some of your favourite books?

What is your favourite part about the Stacks?

How long have you been on the Stacks?

What's your favourite board (If you go on more than one)?

What are some of your quirks/funny habits?

What are some of your Stacks quirks? (Idk, this is kind of a silly quesion...answer it however you like. :P )

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

What's your favourite word?

What fictional character do you think you're most like?

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist?

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?

What kind of music do you like/what are some of your favourite songs?

What's your favourite smiley face?

What are some more interesting facts about you? (Anything and as many as you can think of/would like to share! :grin: )

You can answer whichever/howmanyever questions you like! Have a wonderful day my fellow Potterheads!

~Songbird49 :razz:

Re: Getting to Know Each Other!
frequent_contributor

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello songbird49 :) it's been awhile since I've been on here, mostly I spend my time pining and tumbling so I don't post here often anymore. it's weird seeing a bunch of random usernames posting and not many of your old friends... I'll do an updated about me since it's been so long!

Username/Pen name/First name: Twinktoes87 or Katherine 

Age/grade: 15, going into 11th grade

Country/State: Oregon, USA

Favorite HP Book: Goblet of Fire

Have you read all the books?: Yes! I'm also finished re-reading the books (I'm on DH)

Which Hogwarts house are you in?: Slytherin

Who's your favorite character from Harry Potter?: honestly right now I'm going to go with Charlie Weasley haha

And what's your favorite quote from the books?: I've always liked the one where Hermione yells "Merlin's pants!" in the Deathly Hallows

What's your favorite color?: Forest green

What are some of your hobbies?: Painting, vocal lessons, reading

What are some of your favorite books?: All the Harry Potter books (duh)

What is your favorite part about the Stacks?: Making a bunch of online friends

How long have you been on the Stacks?: Since March 2010, more than five years YIKES

What's your favorite board?: This one! (also The Hunger Games board, R.I.P.)

What are some of your quirks/funny habits?: Honestly idk I'm pretty boring tbh 

What are some of your Stacks quirks?: lol idk.... not posting for super long amounts of time? it used to be typing in huge green letters in ugly fonts- thank god I grew out of that

Are your a morning person or a night owl?: Night owl 100%

What's your favorite word?: I really like the Hungarian word for love, its "szerelem"

What fiction character do you think you're most like?: Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist?: realist

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?: The ability to understand any language, which includes spoken language, written language, and for fun things like binary coding and sign language

What kind of music do you like/what are some of your favorite songs?: I like musicals and foreign language music, some of my favorite soundtracks are from shows like Romeo et Juliette, Tanz der Vampire, Elisabeth, Mozart l'Opera Rock, Les Miserables and Notre Dame de Paris. My favorite solo artist is Stromae

What's your favorite smiley face?(◕‿◕✿) this

What are some more interesting facts about you?:  ok so like irl I'm pretty boring but I really like Shakespeare plays and characters? My faves are Benvolio (R&J), Mercutio (R&J), Rosalind (Much ado), Benedick (Much ado), and Puck (Midsummers). 

soooooo yeah. lol so i found this signature in one of my old posts and I think it's hilarious so I'm bringing it back #TBT

>>Dramione<<

I support Draco/Hermione!

~Twinktoes87

new

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi! I'm new here, and I could use some friends! ;)

Username/Pen name: IvoryWolf, or Ivory (Not my real name!)

Age/grade: 11, in 6th grade

Country/State: Illinois, US

Favourite Harry Potter book: Goblet of Fire

Have you read all the books? Yes! I recently started re-reading, and I'm on the second.

Which Hogwarts house are you in? Mmm, hard to say. Ravenclaw/Slytherin, I guess.

Who's your favourite character from Harry Potter? Luna Lovegood!

What's your favourite colour? Turquoise (Not sure if I spelled that right...)

What are some of your hobbies? Drawing, reading, acting

What are some of your favourite books? Harry Potter, PJO, Hunger Games, etc.

What is your favourite part about the Stacks? I don't know yet! I have lots to discover!

How long have you been on the Stacks? Since yesterday ;)

What's your favourite board? I guess this one, and the Fan Fiction boards.

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night Owl. I just woke up around 10:30 A.M.

What's your favourite word? Umm, not sure!

What fictional character do you think you're most like? I guess a mix between Hermione, Luna, and Cho.

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist? Realist

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? I guess the coolest would be telekinesis, where you get to move objects with you mind? Or possibly controlling/breathing underwater, like Percy Jackson? Wait no, does Harry Potter magic count as a superpower? :)

What kind of music do you like/what are some of your favourite songs? Pop and country, I guess. Some favorites are anything Fall Out Boy, Taylor Swift, or Imagine Dragons.

What are some more interesting facts about you? Umm... Uh... I dunno! I'm a straight A student this year, (So far! :) ) I enjoy reading/watching/drawing HARRY POTTER, same applies to Percy Jackson and Gravity Falls, and I LOVE roleplaying!

regular_contributor

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Username/Pen name/First name/whatever you would like to be known by: Anna! :P Lol just call me that, because my username is a bit of a train lol

Age/grade: 18 and i'm on my first year of uni save my soul please

Country/State: Greece and in a state of tight finances if you ask me ;)

Favourite Harry Potter book: Deathly Hallows man :D Also OotP

Have you read all the books?: Yep and the first time i read them was a long time ago lol. I even joined the STACKS thanks to Harry Potter.

Which Hogwarts house are you in? HUFFLEPUFF.

Who's your favourite character from Harry Potter? Man, Ron Weasley, some things never change :P

And what's your favourite quote from the books? :razz: "IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I'LL KILL YOU HARRY!", "Accio brain!" (out of context, that's pretty descriptive of me) and "have a biscuit, Potter" (McGonagall is second favorite char)

What's your favourite colour? Turqoise/teal/petrol and blue and green. But also I don't have a least favourite so *shrugs*

What are some of your hobbies? Uum, I like to draw, play the piano, excercise and write (sometimes). Also read. Sometimes. And lately I've been into cooking :D

What are some of your favourite books? Well other than HP, I like books by Melina Marchetta such as Looking for Alibrandi and Saving Fransesca. I also love To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, The Hunger Games trilogy and the Heroes of Olympus series (although I manly read for Reyna)

What is your favourite part about the Stacks? Talking with people and the online friendships, really. Also fanfics and RPs but I've been on this site for what, 5 years? So this place means a lot to me.

How long have you been on the Stacks? 5 years, going on the 6th help

What's your favourite board (If you go on more than one)? Fan Fiction, Reading Buzz and the Harry Potter ones.

What are some of your quirks/funny habits? FUNNY ones? Well haha most of my irl quirks are kinda unpleasant (like being picky or cocky idk) or at least these are the ones i'm constantly reminded of so idk?

What are some of your Stacks quirks? LOL I don't know... u tell me

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Haha I can be both, like I love mornings! I love getting up early! But also staying up late can be fun. I just can't be both simutaneously (lol nope)

What's your favourite word? In English i like "microwave"

What fictional character do you think you're most like? Sokka from Avatar the Last Airbender but I've recently came to the realization that the HP character i'm the most like is Ginny.

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist? ...realist? Optimist? There is this this song with some sliiiight language called "I'm A Realist" by the Cribs that is my self-proclaimed theme song :P

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? OMG GOOD QUESTION. I think flying, of course, but yet again, who wouldn't? The part of my superhero life i'm mostly looking forward to would be the martial arts training though, so i don't know about the powers.

What kind of music do you like/what are some of your favourite songs? FINALLY.

OK so as far as it goes, i listen to a lot of music, so whatever. I like rock pop and ballads and jazz and punk and instrumentals and classical and gah whatever here are some of my most recent faves:
Forever After Days - The National

Not Alone - RED

Winter Winds - Mumford and Sons

Queen of Peace - Florence and the Machine
Bathrolomew - The Silent Comedy

What's your favourite smiley face? I like ;s :P and ;) and :D and a lot more from the old ones but the coding doesn't work, also heart from the new ones

What are some more interesting facts about you? WHERE DO I BEGIN. jK.

Well, I'm Greek, which i guess is interesting if you're not, i was a prodigy baby according to my mom (not a reliable source, esp since i was her first) oh yeah I'm also the firstborn in my family and have 3 younger siblings. I'm very short, like 5'1", and in cm that would 155. I am also the proof of the stereotype that "short people are always combative and aggressive, especially about their height". I'm sorry rest of short people :| (although i'm one of the few short people i know who are like that, most of the others are just very chill about it, girls or boys)

new

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:00 am

Username: dogcat3554 (plz call me Hermione, it's a nickname I've gotten stuck with)

Age/grade: year 6 so I'm 10

Country/State: NZ

Favourite Harry Potter book: Deathly Hallows

Have you read all the books? Yes!

Which Hogwarts house are you in? Gryffindor (that comes up in all of my quizzes)

Who's your favourite character from Harry Potter? Hermione & Ginny

And what's your favourite quote from the books? "Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed, before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed, or worse, expelled"- Hermione

What's your favourite colour? Blue & purple

What are some of your hobbies? Reading, writing, making up stories, annoying my brother.

What are some of your favourite books? spirit animals, Harry Potter

What is your favourite part about the Stacks? Don't have one.

How long have you been on the Stacks? Since I was 8.

What's your favourite board? Spirit animals

What are some of your quirks/funny habits? See below

What are some of your Stacks quirks? I am choosing not to answer this

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.

What's your favourite word? How can I answer this?

What fictional character do you think you're most like? I have a lot of fictional characters who I'm told I relate to.

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist? ????

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? teleknisis

What kind of music do you like/what are some of your favourite songs? blah.

What's your favourite smiley face? smiley

What are some more interesting facts about you? About once a week, people tell me how much I'm like Hermione.

new

Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:49 pm

username/nickname: Emerald

age/grade: 11(turning 12 this month, going into 7th grade)

country/state: California, USA

favorite Harry Potter book: (I watched the movies first.....)

have I read all of the books: no. I'm only on book four

what Hogwarts house am I in: Hufflepuff

who's my favorite character from Harry Potter: Luna Lovegood

what's my favorite quote from the books: "The things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end." ~Luna Lovegood

what's my favorite color: RAINBOW! (mostly green, blue, yellow, and red though.)

what are some of my hobbies: singing, acting, dancing, playing music, cosplaying

what are some of my favorite books: Tomorrow Girls, Dork Diaries, Harry Potter

what is my favorite part about the Stacks: this MB, the polls, and the quizzes

how long have I been on the Stacks: about a month.....

what's my favorite board: the Spirit Animals Board, The 39 Clues Board, the Infinity Ring board, the Wings Of Fire Board, the Stacks, and here(the Harry Potter Board!)

what are some of my funny habits: I dance randomly, I tend to say funny things that make people laugh....and I don't even care if it's embarrassing unless there's a lot of people watching me like I'm crazy. (then again, I am crazy!)

what are some of my Stacks quirks: I make a joke or pun out of almost everything.....what, it's a serious fact.....(Harry Potter puns, their magical!)

am I a morning or night person: an afternoon person!

what's my favorite word: Rainbows, Unicorns, and Fluffeh!

what fictional character do I think I'm most like: Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter or Primrose Everdean from Hunger Games.

do I consider myself and optimist, a pessimist, or a realist: I don't know what those words mean, so it depends......

if I could have any superpower, what would it be: to controll the elements(mainly Earth and Water), Telekineses, or Telempathy!

what are my favorite songs: The middle of starting over by Sabrina Carpenter, Lost boy by Ruth B, Fight song by Rachel Platten, What a girl is by Dove Cameron, One call away by Charlie Puth, Photograph by Ed Sheeran, and Don't let me down by The Chainsmoker ft. Daya.

what's my favorite smiley face: ;-D, ;-P, ^_^, o.O, and O.o

new

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:47 am

Username: Dragoncrown485

State: Arizona in the U.S.

Fav book: The first one.

Read all the books?: yes

House: Slytherin :( so dissapointed, but I got it twice

Character: Luna

Quote: I dunno..that kind of humor is so broad

Color: red

Hobbies: drawing

Books: I can't pick

Stacks: There are places to publicibly post a story

How long: about 3-4 weeks

Fav board: dunno. They're all awesome.

Quirks: I take a lot of naps during the day

Morn. or n.: SO a night Owl-HOLY CRUD!!! IT'S 12:47!!!!

Word: words that should make sense

Fictional Character: ?

Uh...what?

Super: Dragon Wings. PLEEEEASE.

Music: electro. and other stuff like that.

Fav smiley: B)

I'm so tired not tonight

new

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:45 am

Username/Pen name/First name/whatever you would like to be known by: Alex!

Age/grade: Eleven (7th Grade)

Country/State (nothing more specific than state though, please!): United States (Wish I were in the U.K.) Tennessee

Favourite Harry Potter book: Goblet of Fire

Have you read all the books? (If not, which one are you on?) I'm On Page 479 on the Deathly Hallows

Which Hogwarts house are you in? Gryffindor!

Who's your favourite character(s) from Harry Potter? Fred and George!

And what's your favourite quote from the books? :razz: "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledor

What's your favourite colour? Green!

What are some of your hobbies? Writing, Drawing, and Pranking!

What are some of your favourite books? Harry Potter Series, Warrior Cats, Pathfinder

What is your favourite part about the Stacks? Dunno...

How long have you been on the Stacks? About twenty Minutes cheeky

What's your favourite board (If you go on more than one)? Can't Choose!

What are some of your quirks/funny habits? I tend to call everyone a dude and I can't go a day without Harry Potter references

What are some of your Stacks quirks? (Idk, this is kind of a silly quesion...answer it however you like. :P ) Just joined today so...Dunno

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Both!!

What's your favourite word? Potato

What fictional character do you think you're most like? Harry

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist? Yes, an Optimist

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose? The ability to speak to animals

What kind of music do you like/what are some of your favourite songs? All of John Williams' pieces and pop and rock.

What's your favourite smiley face? THEY ARE ALL SO SMILEY!

What are some more interesting facts about you? (Anything and as many as you can think of/would like to share! :grin: ) I like to live as if I'm in the Hogwarts Realm. I am a dog whisperer. I want to be a Zoologist and stuy animals in the Tundra. My dream is to meet J.K. Rowling. I like Potatoes. My best friends are books and dogs. I'm slowly becoming more obsessed with Harry Potter (Fred and George are my crushes so...yeah). I think I'm a bit crazy. I have a great sense of humour!

new

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:03 am

Username/Pen name/First Name: Bluemermaid1812 A.K.A Amaya

Age/Grade: 12 and Going to 7th!!!!!!!!

Country/State:California

Favourite Harry Potter BooK: The Prisoner of Azkaban

Have you read all the books?:Yes every single one multiple time!

Which Hogwarts house are you in?: Ravenclaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's your favourite character from Harry Potter?:Hermione

And what's your favourite quote from the books? "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of places only if you remember to turn on the light" Albus Dumbledoor

What's your favourite colour?blue

How long have you been on the Stacks?  

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

What's your favourite word?

What fictional character do you think you're most like?

Do you consider yourself an optimist, a pessimist or a realist?

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?

What's your favourite smiley face?

What are some more interesting facts about you?

new

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:04 am

Username/Pen name/First Name: Bluemermaid1812 A.K.A Amaya

Age/Grade: 12 and Going to 7th!!!!!!!!

Country/State:California

Favourite Harry Potter BooK: The Prisoner of Azkaban

Have you read all the books?:Yes every single one multiple time!

Which Hogwarts house are you in?: Ravenclaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's your favourite character from Harry Potter?:Hermione

And what's your favourite quote from the books? "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of places only if you remember to turn on the light" Albus Dumbledoor

What's your favourite colour?blue

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team