Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Glass Slippers:the book after Beasts and Roses
new

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 am

Chapter 1: Ashes and cinders

I was cleaning the living room when they found out Madeline and Jessica’s father was  dead. I shared their grief. Dan was a good man, also very helpful and kind like his daughters. Not like his wife. Sure he did something to their son but he tried to fix it.

I was going into Jessica’s room to clean when I heard crying. “Jessica are you ok?” I asked quietly. “Yeah. Come over here and sit down.” “What’s up? You could probably talk to your mom about this.” “I can’t Ella.My mom won’t let me talk. It’s all about her. Not Maddie and I. Just her. She’s a huge jerk.”

“I know what you mean.At least your dad was nice.” “Ella Come down here!!!!” Alexa snapped. “What do you want?”I say in abvious frustration “I need you to run an errand.As you know there is a costume party in a week. I need you to take Madeline and Jessica to your aunt.” “Yes miss.Maddie Jessie come down here.We’re going to my aunt’s clothing store.”

Chapter 2:Ball Gowns and slippers.

I drove with Jessica riding shotgun. “Ok we’re here.” I shouted. My aunt greeted us. “Hi Ella.Hi Jessica.Hi Madeline.” “Hi Aunt Cora. Jessie and Maddie need dresses for the party in a week.” Jessica butts in. “Why aren’t you going to the dance,Ella?”

“You know Alexa wouldn’t allow me.” I say in disappointment “What if you do it in secret?” “Can you keep the secret?” “Yeah.”My aunt offers to help me with that plan. Jessica’s dress is emerald green with matching slippers,like the sea,while Madeline's dress and slippers is opal turquoise,like a gem.She was as  The dress I get is sapphire blue. My uncle,whose shop is next door,makes me beautiful blue glass slippers.I looked like a girl from a fairy tale.

“Your mother would be proud Ella.To bad she died in world war 3, designing a bomb with your father.”

“Yeah now I’m stuck working for a major jerk.So the plan will be I’m staying with you for a while?” “That’s right. And the night of the dance you will be there.Also I have something to tell you about privately.” We walk into her office. “Ella when you were a little kid you parents implemented something into your brain that allows you to create holograms so lifelike you can feel them.But it has a time limit.They disappear at midnight unless you make them disappear earlier by will.” “How have I never found this out?!”

“You’re parents would have told you if  they didn’t die because of that bomb they were designing for World War 3.They died when you were only 4.So you wouldn’t have remembered it when you were 16.” “Well can you teach me how to use them?!?” “Sure.Try th make an MP3 player or something.” I picture an Ipod 8 in my head with all my favorite songs and earbuds.It appears on the table. “Woah.” I say awestruck. I pick it up,insert the earbuds and start listening to a song called Titanium.

You shout it out,

But I can't hear a word you say

You're talking loud, not saying much

You criticize but all your bullets ricochet

You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall