General Discussion

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Goodbye (kind of)?

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:03 am
Hi, guys. If you don't know me, I used to participate on these boards a lot several years ago. I started posting on here when I was 11, I think. Now, four years later, I'm a sophomore in high school, and I'm a much different person than I was four years ago. I have the community of Write It to thank for that. You guys have affected me in a really positive way and I don't know how to thank you for that. (Also I hope the text editor is working because I'm going to start a new paragraph now)

(Bronwen, are you editing things out yet? :P You used to edit things out of my messages all of the time because I would go on and on and on and on and)

I went through several rough patches in my life this past year, and even though I wasn't really on Write It at the time, my friends from Write It kept me going even when I thought I couldn't go anymore. Suffice to say, I'm a completely different person than I was when I got here. I can't even imagine the person I'd be if I hadn't stumbled onto this website. It's a miracle I did, to be honest. (I'd be pretty annoying if I didn't come here and learn to be good) (tbh I was really annoying my first year here how did y'all stay sane with me here)

I have so many fond memories of this website. Great debates (the Spanish French debate for example), Larry the Man Eating Hamster (and his brother Henry), hearing about everyone's weeks during weekly updates. Through good times and bad, we stuck together. We were a family, and I really appreciate you guys being in my life. Maybe that's why I need to say goodbye.

I might still check in every few months, but I don't think I'll be posting anymore. This chapter of my life has ended, and I think I'm ready to go out and make new memories. This website and the community made me want to be a better person, and it did what it set out to do. I feel like I can't benefit from it any more than I have already. It's a beautiful place filled with beautiful people, and I can't thank you all enough for the joy you've brought me.

(Bronwen: are you wondering when this will end yet? MUAHAHAHAHA. Sorry. I have a little bit left. I will try to keep it short. Unlike how I did when I was a youngster.)

To Kira, cavy, Tati, Scylla, and all of my other amazing friends on this site: I'll miss you so much. I'm really thankful for what you've done for me. I can't imagine a world without you guys.

To Bronwen: Thanks for editing all of my super long posts down to a reasonable amount and being super amazing in general. I wish the site hadn't changed as much as it did, but that's water under the bridge. You're probably the best part of this site, and probably the hardest to let go of because I can't make any communication with you outside of the site. I hope everything is going well and that you get a new kid whose posts you have to censor just as much as mine to fill the hole in your heart. (Tati and Cavy said this was a very necessary line)

To all of the newbies: I hope this site can do as much for you as it did for me. Make new friends here and start a community again. It'll be the best decision you've ever made. I know it was for me.

Anyway...I guess this is it. I might check in every once in a while to see how people are doing, so it's not like you'll never see me again. Know that I'm lurking.

Thank you so much. I love you all from the very bottom of my heart <3

Re: Goodbye (kind of)?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:06 pm
Oh man, thanks for this wonderful note. It makes me so happy to hear how you felt about this place and fills me with pride to hear you speak with such confidence about your future. I know it will be a bright one and any community will be lucky to have you. I hope you keep writing, but if you don't, you must find a place to put your passion into the world-- it will be a better place for it. Best of luck to you and a big virtual hug!! -Write It Mod (Bronwen)

Re: Goodbye (kind of)?

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:49 pm
@Bronwen: AHHHHH <3 BRONWEN YOU'RE TOO SWEET FOR THIS WORLD. I love you bunches, keep being the super Mod you always are

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team