Reading Buzz Board

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  
 Gossip
frequent_vsitor

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:52 pm
I know everyone doesnt like to hear it, but I just felt the need to address this real quick... so here goes

Just for second, think about how much time you spend a day gossiping. And dont start saying "Oh, I never gossip-" Because Thats most likely not true. Okay, now take that rough estimate, and split into two- The good gossip (Saying good things bout someone) and the bad gossip (saying mean things about someone. The good gossip number is probably way lower than the bad gossip.

Okay, so I'll admit, I do gossip a lot too, and its not always good. Altough, I do sometimes try to stay out of it and not get involved. For example, yesterday I was at the mall with a bunch of friends. We went to the food court, and they all started talking bad about another girl that wasn't there. I asked them to stop, but they just started talking about someone else. So I just sorta stayed out of it, and that was that.

As we all know, gossip usually is not right. A lot of the time if the person finds out you'll have really hurt them. Also, sometimes gossip can get exagerated, whichs can also lead to rumors, which also dont turn out good.

So next time you talk to your friends or really anyone, just watch what you say and who's around to hear it. Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read this. :)
-Phoenixsong3, who has no time for homework this weekend.

Re: Gossip
new

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm
Yeah, I agree. I try not to gossip, but I think we all do it (especially when you´re talking to someone and they start gossiping about someone else and then you´re just in the flow of the conversation and...yeah)

-Super Susi

new

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:51 pm
Still, I don't gossip, HONEST!!!!! I just keep the stuff to myself, unless it's good gossip, or the person is really bothering me and I have to tell an adult.

frequent_vsitor

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:18 pm
@ phoenixsong3 - I agree. And I also learned (and still am learning) that the best way is to shut your mouth. Many times it feels so good to have it slip out of your mouth, but it's very wise to shut one's mouth when it comes to gossips.

new

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 pm
very true

new

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:44 pm
i gossip sometimes when its really good gossip like when someone does somthing cool and i just have to tell someone and @desertchief19 i dont belive that u dont gossip because everyone does it because u might gossip and not even no it.

contributor

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:34 am
I try to always good gossip.

new

Thu May 15, 2014 10:46 pm
Sum times I gossip and redcash87 not every one gossips

new

Sat May 17, 2014 12:26 am
I think gossip is fun when it is good kind but still it is like hard but you have to try keep it shut

new

Mon May 19, 2014 8:35 pm
thanks this really changes my view of things :D

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team