Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Grandma's home
frequent_vsitor

Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 pm
So I'm not sure if this counts as a memoir because it is all metaphorical. It means a lot to me though. It is about the novel boards so some of you will get it some of you won't. ******************************* We were all having a great time in grandmother's jolly home. We were laughing and just enjoying being together! Suddenly the smoke detector went off. We all ran out of the house safely. We watched the hectic fire burning away our house, but not our memories. The fire died down and all that was left was the ashes. We were all in disarray and slowly walked away wanting to wallow in our loss. Except a few who stayed and waited for the others to come back and join them to rebuild grandma's house. The few who stayed got anxious wanting their family back desperately. Finally some came back. The ones who had waited by the ashes tackled the ones who came back with hugs! When the excitement died down, those had stayed by the ashes the whole time were disappointed to hear that a few had come back only to say their goodbyes. Some are still gathered by the ashes waiting for those who have disappeared to come back and help rebuild grandma's home.

Re: Grandma's home
new

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:05 am
I think that it counts as a memoir. Maybe you should add more detail?

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team