General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Graphic Novel Series I'm planning on making!
new

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi there! It's bananaarcade74! I wanted to tell you about this graphic novel series I'm planning on writing... 

The series takes place in the residential area of a town called Oakenberry. The books will be focusing on each child/ tween/ teenager that lives there. They all know eachother, it being a small town and all, and they are like family, in a way. The first book, which I have already started, focuses on a girl named Catherine, (her friends like to call her Cat). Her mom passed away 2 years ago, and her father and herself are still struggling, especially on the father's side. He has become more engrossed in work and forgets to spend quality time with his daughter. So, Cat does something he doesn't allow her to do, and when he finds out, he's upset, and Cat tries to use the oppurtunity to show him that he doesn't really care about her and if he did, he would be more protective. 

The characters in the town of Oakenberry:

Fiona, who is 11 years old. She's very honest, to the point of being hurtful. 

Sally, who is 12 years old. She is very fashionable, she's very popular, but she lets it go to her head too much

Davin, who is 12 years old. He's basically the class clown, and knows just what to say and do to get in/out of a situation. He's very humorous. Style: preppy.

Michael, who is 11 years old. He's very smart, and sporty. He's nice-ish, but he knows just what to do to get under your skin.

Cass(andra), who is 13 years old. She has more of an introvert, unlike her sister Penelope. She's very secretive. 

Penelope, who is 7 years old. She really does not care what people think about her, to the point of embarassing herself and her family. 

Finn (Phineas), who is 14 years old. Finn is the sort of guy that all the girls fall head-over-heels for. He's extremely good looking. He's very popular. He is also a class clown, but not as good at it as Davin. 

Jonathan, who is 12 years old, is pretty intorvertive. He's a nature lover and he loves camping. He prepares for almost anything. 

Stacy (boy)  and Cori (girl), both are 7 years old. They are known as the 'troublesome twins' and have a reputation for getting themselves in a constant state of trouble. 

Finn's group

This group of people are basically Finn's fan club. They follow him wherever he goes and they practice sports like baseball or football (his favorite sports) with him. 

William Howard, who is 12 years old, is shy and quiet, he's not as fortunate as others (money wise), and because of this, he's embarassed when he's around others, so he likes to keep himself in his own company. 

Hope, who is 13 years old, is Finn's girlfriend, she usually hangs out with Ally, she's sweet, but popularity sometimes goes to her head. 

Ally is 11 (going on 12) years old. She entered Finn's group because of her friends Hope, Jake and Dean. She's kind and compassionate but she also can overreact or get angry and take it out on her friends. 

Dean is 10 years old. Unlike most of the boys in his group, he's preppy and somewhat fashionable. Because his dad and mom have to work basically 24/7, he's forced to take care of his little brother Zion, which he does not like very much. 

Zion is 5 years old. Because Dean hangs out with Finn and Zion has to stick with Dean, he ends up staying with Finn's group most of the time. He's obnoxious some of the time, and he's a bit of a cry baby, but he picks just the right moments to be adorable, so he can wiggle his way out of trouble. 

Theo, who is 17 years old, is Finn's older brother. Even though he is seen as way handsomer than Finn, he's humble and he lets Finn have the spotlight. 

Sebastian, who is 12 years old, is a huge baseball fan. He always finds a way to manipulate the group to play baseball. (He perfers to play as 1st base)

Jake, who is 11 years olf, is a baseball fan as well, and he's the one the team counts on to bring supplies. He's quiet, but kind. 

Danny, who is 15 years old, is a big flirt, although he has no admirers. He's also known to be unloyal to friends (and/or girlfriends)

Sol's group

Catherine, who is 11 years old, is sweet, most of the time, but she's known to have a rebelious side. 

The Mackberry twins, Claude and Maisy, who are 11 years old, are nice, and want-to-be populars. Sometimes though, they want popularity to much and they don't realize they're ignoring their friends. 

Sol, who is 12 years old, is very fashionable, and very popular. At first, she seems like she's ignorant and rude, but once you get to know her, you realize she's not so bad after all.

Kaylah, who is 12 years old, is somewhat of a sidekick to Sol, she's not very friendly to anyone else, and she's using her friendship with Sol to make herself more popular.

Marie, who is 11 and 3/4 years old, is disabled. Her legs were paralyzed in a car accident, so she's in a wheel chair, but she doesn't let her disablity limit her, she's determined to show everyone that even less fortunate people can still be amazing.

Logan, who is 12 years old, is Sol's boyfriend. He's a big showoff and flirt. He's very sporty as well.

What should I do for the next books? Tell me in comments! 

Re: Graphic Novel Series I'm planning on making!
new

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am

Wow! Sounds amasing, I like Cassandra and Marie.

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team