Crafts & DIY

Announcements

Announcing the STACKS’ newest Message Board! Crafts and DIY Tips!

Share your expert how-to tips, DIYs (that stands for Do It Yourself), ask questions, give advice, and let everyone know about the awesome projects you are working on! If you’re looking for inspiration, the Scholastic Klutz video page has lots of ideas for incredible projects. AND the Klutz folks themselves will be on this board for live chats to answer your questions! Stay tuned for live chat announcements coming soon!
http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/v ... 1#featured

My name is Katie, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about crafting and how to do the amazing stuff that YOU are an expert at. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  
 Halloween CRAFTS!

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Does anyone have any plans for Halloween crafts? What about COSTUMES?! Does anyone here actually MAKE their OWN costume?! I'd be mega impressed. Do tell!

Re: Halloween CRAFTS!
new

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:27 pm

I sewed a harry potter cloak. It took FOREVER!!! I'm not really a big halloween person....

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:06 pm

That's COOL!!! Tell me more about the cloak!

new

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm going to be Luna Lovegood, and I'm making part of the costume! I have already made her Quibbler, it was really fun to make and even has pages full of cool theories, articles, and games from the Wizarding World! I am going to make her cork necklace soon to ward off Nargles, as well as her radish/dirigible plum earrings! laugh The cork necklace will probably be really easy.

-Rachel

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:11 pm

That sounds awesome! I wish I could see it. 

new

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:15 pm

The cloak is an edited simplicity cloak pattern. You start with pattern 5840 and use a tutorial to mak it accurate. It's actually incredibly movie accurate. You widen the sleeves, add a lining, shorten the robe length, lengthen the hood length, and remove the seam between the yoke and main robe length.  In all, the cloak is pretty heavy. I did most of the whipstitching. Im not sure exactly what kind of material it is made of. I think it may be twill.......... It is a really luxurious cloak. It looks exactly like the ones in the prisoner of azkaban movie. I love it so much.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Very nice!!!! WISH I COULD SEE IT! :)

new

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:35 pm

I even have a homemade wand! (a stick, sandpaper, hot glue, gold paint[for the accents] and old english furniture stain!)

new

Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:12 am

This year I am going to be Tonks from Harry Potter and I'm weaving her Hufflepuff scarf myself. I think I'll make her wand,too.smiley

new

Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:47 pm

This is turning into the hp nerd thread!

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team