Stack Back

Announcements

Hello, all! I’m your moderator, Jennifer, and I’m super-excited to welcome you to the Stack Back Board! You can use this board to post feedback about The Stacks. Before you get started there are some rules you should know about.

When you post a message please DO NOT:

1) Use your last name, or anyone else’s

2) Tell anyone what city you live in

3) Mention the day or year you were born

4) Be mean or rude

5) Post your email address or links to other websites

6) Send attachments or pictures

7) Provide your user name(s) for other accounts such as instant messenger or non-Scholastic message boards

Thanks! These rules keep our message board safe and friendly for everyone. Now it’s to time to share your opinions!
   [ 51 posts ] Average score:  
 Hand and Hand Anti-Bullying Club. ALL ARE WELCOME!
administrator

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Join the Hand and Hand Anti-Bullying Club

Bullying is such a big problem for kids, Rowan on the Scholastic Kids Council started a club to help you deal with it. 

Rowan's story: "I've been bullied almost every year in school. I was tired of it and needed to do something about it. My best friend Layla and I created this organization to help people like us. This is for YOU GUYS."

If you are being bullied right now, here are some things you can do.

• Tell an adult.
  • Reach out to people you trust.
  • Stand up to bullies. Be your own awesome self and don't let them make you feel bad about yourself.
  • Say, “STOP!”

Tell us your stories of being bullied. If you don't want to go into detail you don't have to. We are here for you though. This thread is YOUR Hand and Hand Anti-Bullying Club! Please join!

Re: Hand and Hand Anti-Bullying Club. ALL ARE WELCOME!
new

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:43 pm

I would love to join this club! I love to help others.

Okay, so I have been bullied all through my life, counting that i'm only 16. It started at a young age because I have a weird last name and I was fat. But, when I was 13 I was diagnosed with cancer, I have been cancer free for 3 years, but I went back to school and of course I didn't have much hair, so I got called everything you could think of. But eventually I got tried of it and went to everyone in my school, with the help of my consular and told everyone why I didn't have much hair. It got better, now I am friends and/or civil with everyone. The respect me because I did stand up for myself and done something about things that was upsetting me and others that cared for me. I now help and stand up for everyone I feel is in the right and everyone that is getting bullied. It's hard, but as long as I can help in some way i'm for it! 

new

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:44 pm

i would be proud to help or be apart of your group helping others makes me feel like a hero.....i was bullied in third grade but they bullied me over my step brother. it was because he was alot more better looking then me. so when they bullied me it was funny to everyone else including him.but since 8th grade i was one of the prettiest but when people told me how georgous i was or tried to date me but i wouldnt because when i was told i was ugly i felt that way!

yesblush

new

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:47 pm

I would love to join! I can't stand it when people get bullied.

I have rarely been bullied, but when I was 6 I was at my best friend's house. Then, one of her rude neighbors that was in her class came up to me and started pushed me down to the ground. Fortunately, my sister was there (who was about 9 at that time and she seemed a lot older than us even though she probably not seem that old to you) came and gave her a glare. The girl glanced at her, and then scrambled to her house. Sisters are AWESOME!

The second time I was bullied wasn't actually bullying, but more of a cyberbullying. (This happened a few months ago.)

I was playing an online game (the characters were customized so you can change your hair and skin color) and I was there minding my own business. Then, a group of people came and started making fun of me because of my skin color. Luckily, I din't let them get to me, and they got bored because I wasn't reacting and they left the game.

So yeah, I haven't been bullied much, but I hope I can still join, maybe? laugh

Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi, desertchief19! Everyone is welcome to join all clubs here on the Stack Back Board. wink

new

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:45 pm

hi moderator_jennifer, i was wondering how do you join these clubs

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi browniebear369,

As far as I know, there's no official sign up. All you have to do is say you'd like to join and start participating. yes

-Moderator_Jennifer

new

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 pm

I would love too join the non bulling club! I hate it when people make fun of anthoer person just because of thier outfit or something like that. I mean WHO CARES?! Now this is coming for a person who is most of the time a bystander and most ill tell the teacher if bulling is going on. I've actally never gotton bullied in my life so I real dont know what it feels like (and this is the truth) Thank you listing!!!!!!! heart

-Gopherchess4heartheartheart

new

Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:43 am

Hi guys! It's Rowan. I am the one who started this message board. I am so happy that people are being open about things that have happened to them. Just yesterday I was being bullied or ganged up on because of something I beleived was right. I had found out on Moday that one of my friends hated life. I immediately told my mom to ask for advice on what to do and she told the principal who asked me to talk to my councilor. I notified the friend that had told me about our friend that we might be called in to be talked to about this. She freaked out and said to cancel the meeting. She said that she had fixed her and everything was alright, that I might make it worse. I said that just thinking about it is bad so she needed to be helped. The next day, yesterday, my friend who told me to cancel the meeting, went up to me and asked if I did what I apperently was supposed to and canceled the meeting. I told her that I didn't because it was the right thing to do. After a while she grabbed some of the people who knew about it and they surrounded me with horrible comments saying that I had messed up big time. I explained to them that I was just trying to save someone's life. Don't you agree?

new

Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:53 am

Hi browniebear369,

When I am helping someone or am apart of a cause that helps people and brings them

together, I too feel like a hero. Someone told me that no one can save a life or be a hero. They

said especially me because I'm tiny and weak, but I didn't care because anyone and everyone

can be a hero. Especially the ones who are very caring and loving.

- purplepanda1735

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, purplepanda735! smiley

It’s great to have you with us!

As a new member, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board.

Enjoy talking about THE STACKS and making new friends! smiley

-Moderator Jennifer  

new

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:14 am

I will gladly join...

I know I haven't been on the Stacks in a while, and I'm so sorry.

I've been busy with school, my social life, and activities. 

I will post more in the summer.

But I want to join a lot, as I am picked on almost every day. I don't like to get bullied, and I don't like to see others get bullied. I'm going to help this organization grow. I want to end bullying the best I can. 

Anyway, hi! :)

-Cat

new

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:01 pm

i have been getting bullied since i was 7 or 8, and i am 12 now. it is the same person that has been bulling me. she comes to my church, and recently these other 2 girls joined in. they do stuff from calling me names like "idiot" and "ugly", and "stupid" to spitting in my face sad 

I DONT LIKE BULLYING AT ALL AND I WANT TO DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT BULLY!!!!!! YOU GET NOTHING GOOD OUT OF IT!!!! IT JUST HURTS PEOPLE!! PLEASE  DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO STOP IT!!!!!!!!!! 

new

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 pm

I would love to join!!!

I have experenced bullying many times and it's never pretty, wether it's pointed at you or a  friend. In the 4th grade there was this girl in our class who was mean to me and my best friend.     She always said stuff like "you two can't enter the talent show you don't have any talent." It got SO ANOING!! The next year my best friend left the school so it just got worse.sad But I started to make new friends and they stood up for me. Then I started to stand up for my self and things got a lot better.

This sounds like a great club I would love to join!

heartheartheartyes

new

Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:34 am

I don't get quite bullied at my school but people tease me cause this boy in my class well he was skinny and this girl he went out with was big so they broke up and then the people in my class spread rumors that me and him liked each other so we all got into it they said he liked me cause he date big people and the even made a song so i told them don't disrespect me and i will not disrespect you but kids these days don't care i don't worry about what they say cause i know they are trying to hurt u cause they might get teased or they are hateing cause u have something they might won't they have a girl that is hateiful cause i am something that she is not but i just ask GOD to help me through every day and to have mercy on me and i remember this Scripture: The lord is my sheperd i shall not want .

Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, basketballcooking147! smiley

I hope you're enjoying it here so far!

As a new member, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board.

-Moderator Jennifer 

new

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:31 pm
I'd like to join this Club! :) As far as I know, I haven't really been bullied exactly, just playful teasing. But, I know my younger sister was. When we had moved to a new school, a guy in her class started teasing her. He said that she would never make any friends, and she wouldn't fit in. But, she did the right thing and told me and my mom about it, and we gave her advice on how to handle the bullying. My sister ignored what he said, and soon, he stopped. And, I'd love to help other people stand up to bullying. :)

new

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:08 pm

I hate bulling. I was bullied by boys because they told me I was fat. It was mean. Iwould cry all the time and thought on what I am suppose to do. But now since I have grown up I know what to do. Here are some things you have to do when you get bullied:

Tell a teacher or parent,

Stand up for yourself,

and lastly just say "STOP''.

So remember, there are alway people who care about you so don't worry. :)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi studystudy85, smiley

I see that you’re new to the Stack Back Board. Welcome! It’s great to have you with us!

As a new user, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board.

Have fun talking about THE STACKS and making new friends! yes

-Moderator Jennifer

new

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:06 pm

I think that we should stand up for anti- bullying .Because it happens to everbody and it is not cool. And if you havent been bullied before it's really bad. But do you know why people bullied i have a guess of why because they are jealous of you. sad But dont let them bring you down because you all are awesome people and we can all make a change in the word so lets stop bullying.Because in the end you are going to regret it . So just dont bully i am sure that you will not like it if somebody bullies you so dont bully.smileyyes

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi dresspink399,

Welcome to the Stack Back Board! Thanks for sharing your opinion!  yes

As a new user, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board.

Have fun talking about THE STACKS and making new friends! smiley

-Moderator Jennifer

new

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:15 pm

i don support bully i think that stuff is not cool.People be bullys cause thet dont got nobody to show them love and the  take they anger on little kind that the bully knows aint gonnah stand up for themselve .aightthen fam am out hit me up when eva you'll wannah know some more.mail

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, baseballbaseball2450! smiley

Thanks for sharing your opinion! yes

-Moderator Jennifer 

new

Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:24 pm

I would like to join.I see kids in my school getting bullied and I want to do something about it.

new

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:31 am

i have been bullied before, and it's not fun at all! People kept calling me short and i totally hated it. Anyway all of the friends I had stood up for me. i think that is the most important quality in a friend, right? So I would definetily want to join this club, so I could help people  go through their bullying problems.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, dragonfire4110! yes

I hope you're enjoying it here so far! smiley

Have fun talking about THE STACKS and making new friends!

-Moderator Jennifer  

new

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:54 am

I have not really been legitimatly bullied but people have been mean to me. It doesn't feel good. I want bullying to stop and I want everybody to feel like they don't have to be scared to go to school or wherever. I also don't want anybody to be a bully. It makes people feel bad. I will join this club so that everyone feels safe. I don't me or anybody to be bullied or to be a bully. 

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi aquadolphin5885, smiley

I see that you’re new to the Stack Back Board. Welcome! It’s great to have you with us! yes

-Moderator Jennifer

new

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:24 pm

I just want to say, if you are being bullied, don't let them get to you. That's just what they want to happen to you. And don't think you're a tattletale if you tell an adult. When someone was being mean to me, I got help from an adult. Now that person is nicer. Also, never be mean back; it will just cause more problems. Don't feel bad about yourself if you are getting bullied because it's not you're fault; it may not be the bully's fault either. The bully may have a reason that he or she acts that way. The bully's parents may not be nice to him or her so they take it out on you. But that's not your fault! The bully might have been bullied before or wants to gain power over people. Just always keep your cool and don't feel bad. We all know that when someone is being mean to us it does not feel good. I don't want anyone to be a bully either. You guys just hang in there!smileyheartyeslaughcheeky

new

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:48 am

It's been a while since I posted here. 

It's also been a while since I left those people.

I'm happy in middle school now, it's hard and SO stressful, but I'm very happy. smiley

I have a friend group and a very good friend, and even a crush. But of course, I still have enemies. indecisiondevil

My enemies consist of mainly girls, but there's a couple boys.

Middle school has changed me a LOT. Not only do I like a bunch of new things and have a partially new personality and experience, but I'm not really depressed anymore. I get over things easily without guidance, and I'm pretty happy. 

I still, of course, have my EXTREMELY stressed times, which is basically all the time, but I'm also happy. 50% happy and 50% stressed. laugh

These are just rude people, not full-on bullying that you have to report to teachers. I've actually developed a friendship with one of my teachers, and she's honestly the best and most nicest teacher I've ever had. No one bullies me for it, and the majority of my school are nice, kind people.

Of course, some DO think I'm a bit weird, because I am, but they accept that quirk and are still friendly to me.

I have handled bullies this year.

To stand up to bullies, you must have a friend group. Gather a couple friends, or ask them about it. To actually stand up to the bully or rude person, tell a friend to come over to your desk or something if they're bothering you. If the bully claims that you're the one being mean or rude, ask them to provide reasons.

If they can't provide anything, then YOU provide reasons. This will leave the bully unsure of what to do. 

Also, you SHOULD talk to teachers if it's really serious. Don't tell them for anything other than physical activity.

Otherwise, gather a few friends and stand against them. It'll work. wink

I hope this helped, and yes, middle school is middle school, but it's also my home. smiley

"If you want to be yourself, stop hiding behind the makeup. No one can see who you really are if you try to be perfect. There's no such thing."

-Cat

new

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:32 pm

I'll joinwink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

new

Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:47 am

Hi! I want to say that I would definiately want to join. 

I've never really being bullied but mostly just teased around. It still hurts your feelings, but I've learned that it's only a moment. You've got 364 more days to go on. I've seen other kids get bullied and I don't think it's okay. I'm really glad that there's a club for this and I hope that anyone being bullied realizes that if you find the good things in life, the other bad stuff wears away a little bit. 

I'd really like to help others get through bullying and find better things in life.smiley

Keep Smiling!  cool

new

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:00 am

Hi so I'm new here. I recently found out about this so yeah I am bullied now. This is my first time getting bullied so any tips or advice.And guess who my bully is my best friend and another friend of mine. So pls give me adive or tips.crying I'm really sad that my friend is doing this to me.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi, dragoncheerful253, smiley

I see that you’re new to the Stack Back Board. Welcome! It’s great to have you with us! yes

-Moderator Jennifer

P.S. I'm so sorry to hear that you're going throught that. The post at the begininning of this thread offers some suggestions for dealing with bullying. Users are also welcome to share what worked for them.

regular_contributor

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:29 am

I'd like to join! I don't think bullying of any kind is right, whether it's regular or cyberbullying. We should put an end to this.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Welcome back to the Stack Back Board, technologygirl! Thanks for sharing your opinion. yes

new

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:55 am

cheekyhey everybody i hope knowone is getting bullied so far i would just lik to give some advice that i know its hard although i have not been through it myself i have eard of may sad heartbreaking stories of it myself and i feel that i should support.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, ironwriter14! yes

-Moderator Jennifer  

new

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:04 pm

I have this one friend (well, ex-boyfriend tbh) that started ingnoring me. Is that a form of bullying? I feel like I did something and now he wants nothing to do with me. What do I do? I feel like I have nothing now. Help!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi fearlessdragon1978, smiley

I see that you’re new to the Stack Back Board. Welcome! It’s great to have you with us!

As a new user, please read the rules in the announcements section at the top of the Stack Back Board. yes

-Moderator Jennifer

P.S. I'm very sorry you're having a hard time! I'll let the other users respond to your question, since the purpose of this thread is for users to make one another feel supported. 

new

Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi! I'm actually part of an anti-bully squad at my school. Here are some of my tips:

Remember the difference between conflict and bullying

Go to a teacher right away if you feel you are getting bullied

Don't be afraid to tell anyone, especially an adult, what's happening

You could stand up for yourself, if you felt you could

Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:17 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, tealbasketball76! smiley

Thanks for sharing your tips! yes

-Moderator Jennifer 

new

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:18 pm

//@moderator_jennifer; Thanks for the help. I feel like he stopped caring about me. It felt like he took what he wanted from me and then left. Are all guys like that? I feel so hurt because of it.//

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:31 pm

You're welcome. I'll let the other users respond with their opinions. You might also want to  discuss your feelings with a trusted adult such as a parent, teacher or school counselor.

new

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:33 pm

i am not sure if this is bulying so there is this girl in my school who crys over every thing she is alwys being realy mean and always every one beleves her  but she just cries a lot

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Welcome to the Stack Back Board, creativeeasygoing15! yes

-Moderator Jennifer  

P.S. I'm sorry someone is being mean at school! I'll let the other users chime in and reply to your post. 

new

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm

OK, so this is more of a question that has been nagging at me for the past week or so: I just found out on 6/10/16 that my grandma is dying, and I'm not ready for her to go. I feel like a huge part of my life is being stolen. How am I supposed to cope with this?

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:28 pm

I'm truly sorry to hear that.  I recommend talking to your parents about what you are feeling, so you can be there for each other. Other users might also choose to share their similar experiences with you. I wish you and your family the best. heart

new

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:07 am

CreativeEasyGoing15: I think the reason that bullies do what they do is because they were bullied by someone else, making them feel inferior (less than everyone else), or in other words, the reason they bully is to make them feel superior. Or maybe they might be doing it just for fun.

That's my opinion! Probably joined a bit late, but who cares?

-Dragoncrown485

P.S. FearlessDragon1978: Remember that there are people you love all around you. Don't forget that.

new

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi! May I please join? I really think that bullying is a big problem in the world and it makes people feel like they are nothing. That's why I want to join this club and HELP STOP BULLYING!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi aquabutterfly2827, smiley

-Moderator Jennifer

P.S. As the title of Rowan's Hand and Hand Anti-Bullying Club thread says, "ALL ARE WELCOME!" cool

[ 51 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team