General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
new

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:28 am

I finished this book in 2 days, not even kidding. I felt so many emotions surging when I read the Cursed Child. It has so much meaning. It's true what they say, each Harry Potter book is better than the next. We see things we've never seen in this book. There is laughter, sorrow, depth, happiness, surprise, suspense, spite, love, awesomeness, and so much more than that tied into that very book. More than one can describe. So much more than 300 pages. I felt like I was reunited and rekindled with everything as I read it. I was so speechless, I didn't even cry at the end. So many emotions, not a single tear dropped. It is beautiful and amazing and full of so many mysteries.

I was very happy J.K. Rowling was releasing another when I first heard the news. It was kind of just neutral for a while, and I always saw articles on the offical website about it. Eventually, that grew into excitement. On the evening of July 30th, I walked into my bookstore, where a huge midnight release party was being thrown for the Cursed Child. Then the excitement came. And as each second ticked, I grew more and more excited and impatient. There weren't even any details about the story. Because I preordered it somewhere else, I had to wait for it in the mail, and I was so jumpy about it. When it finally came, I exploded into billions of pieces and I starting reading. 

I quickly became obsessed with the book. I couldn't put it down. I brought it literally everywhere. The book is amazing and I cannot describe how amazing it truly is. You'll have to appreciate it and read it to know the adventure in that book. Even if it's a script, I still love it.

Book Summary

Albus Potter, the son of Harry Potter, is worried about Hogwarts. His brother, James, doesn't help either. He is told he will be fine; however, when a shocking, life-changing moment strikes Albus, he is never the same again. The other students turn on him, he can't seem to do anything right, and he quickly looses his sense of emotion. When an illegal Time Turner is brought to the Ministry, crowds whisper, the Ministry is overstocked with work, and Harry starts to get ominous pain in his scar, for the first time in decades. Albus, with his friend, Scorpius Malfoy, take adventures through time, past and present fuse, the world takes impossible, ground shaking turns, and the identity of an innocent bystander turns completely around. Will it all be okay for the Wizarding World, or will the history books change entirely..? Through hardship, love, pain, and more, join this new, facinating installment of the Harry Potter series, 19 years later.

Well, everyone, going to go make more posts on this masterpiece. Read the book for yourself. Farewell!

-Cat

Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
new

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:08 pm

CONTAINS SPOLIERS!!!

i read it too its soooo awesome!! I mean, not just the weird fact that Delphi is the daughter of Voldy, but with BELLATRIX????!!!??? I mean, think it through!! its just gross. And everyone thinks Albus is gonna be this perfectly brvae little hero, but he's actually hot tempered, stubborn and a bit of a brat in my opinion. My favorite charecter is Scorp. He's so funny!!!! ;)

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team