General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 20 posts ] Average score:  
 help with stories

Thu May 31, 2007 5:36 pm
hey do any of you have ideas that i could use to make a story. i can never think of what to write about but when im writing then anything can happen

Re: help with stories
contributor

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:37 pm
Read some books. How about you write about a girl who can turn into other people and read their minds? Or a person who suddenly finds out she is part of a book and had been transferred from another book at birth and needs to go back because she is the only one who can fix the problem in that book? Actually, I want to write that story! But you can if you want.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:54 pm
How about Unicorns or/and Dragon's? Dragon's and Unicorn's are enemy's, you know. how about you make up an idea about how there hate for each other started?
P.S. I'm a girl. please don't let that pic. fool you. 'm a girl who is the knight kind of person.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:45 pm
I can't give any good ideas since I can hardly think up a plot for the story I'm trying to write, but I think fantasy would get the most attention. Seems to be kind of popular.

contributor

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:37 pm
What about the story of a tree? Like its entire life?

regular_visitor

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:29 pm
Ghosts

you could kill somebody and have them come back as a ghost.

regular_visitor

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:30 pm
good point.

p.s. nice name

regular_contributor

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:43 pm
you can write a mystery series about two girls named Kate and Vanessa that solve mysterys together.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:06 pm

_Knight-who-says-NI_ wrote:
good point.

p.s. nice name

Hey, Knight-who-says-NI,
It seriously helps if you quote the post you are responding to. I have been posting messages on boards for a while and it really helps.
:)

visitor

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am
it depends what genre you want. you could write a story about a magic "object" eg a book or something and this evil person wants to get it and when they do they will be unstoppable but the only person who knows how to stop him is this teenager and so there like a race. wow thats actually quite a good idea from the top of my head! lol hope it helps
~~anna~~ A.K.A. !*~l.u.n.a~*!   ROCKON4LIFE

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 07-26-2007 11:40 AM

regular_visitor

Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:42 pm
i just like to read a whole bunch of books, somtimes an idea will come to me so i write it down and post it to my bulletin board then when i get lots i try to put it into a story.

Hmmm, how about two twins separated at birth

just start with that and make a huge story about it, maybe they have magical powers maybe they are from a different world, maybe both!  Just play around with some ideas!!

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:24 pm
Well, it depends on what kind of story u wanna write about. I myself love fantasy, and I think it it is fun to write about. Make a story about a witch or warlock, or about a kid who is in like, medieval times. Or you could do realistic fiction, and write stories about things happening in everyday life. Why not write it in a diary form? Adventure stories are fun, and so is science fiction. Or you could write something from and animal's point of view!
hope u like my ideas!

rosewarrior@--->--->---

regular_visitor

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:20 am
Think of whatever weird idea comes into your head and write abiut it. Don't plan anything out beforehand, make it all up as you go along. try not to think too hard about it at first, just write everything that pops into your head. you can worry about literary merit later.

contributor

Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:35 am
YOu could write about a house that can think.  Say its built in like, the 1700s and then... something terrible happens! (ie the mayor-- did they have mayors back then?-- or somebody important was shot on the porch, or a terrible descease made the family that lived there sick so it was under quarrantine. 
Then maybe it's sold several times. 
ummm thieves/murderers buy it one time and use it to hid their loot.  In the end you could make some kind of dilemma, like its going to be knocked down or sold and the old lady who owns it wants to sell it to the 'right person' and the salesperson is really mean and is trying to cheat the old lady of her money.  And then so the house like, makes its own windows break and locks its own doors and cracks the floor around the sinks and so nobody will buy it.  Maybe in the end you could make it so the old lady's long lost great-grandson and his wife come into town (they think the lady's dead) and they want to buy the old house and nothing bad happens to them!!! and then the family is reunited and all the mushy stuff. *heart*

YOu can make it so the story is told from the house's point of view: give it a name!  make it like almost a real person.  If you've ever seen the movie Monster House, maybe you could take some of that and so the house trips the thieves every time they walk in or out of the house...

sorry if this is a little much but i only have a minute on the computer and wanted to post this before i had to leave! :smileytongue:

I really like that idea and hope you will build on it!! it would be so cool.

Always,
*~Music~*

Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:19 pm
i think i have some ideas now thx to all ur help u guys! srry i havent gotten on in like 4ever

new

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm
I am writing a story about a girl who can't talk named Raelinn. She really wants this glass doll (that SHE named), Roselyn. But it belongs to the richest meanest oldest woman in Locketsville.

new

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 am
Well, I usually make my story's plot by imaganing it.Whenever I get an idea,Ta-Da! I make it a book! :D

new

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:08 pm
I ALSO WRITE STORIES. ESCAPE STORIES & FICTION STORIES.

FROM, dreamtimepink9

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 pm
Wow, there's a thread that I HAVEN'T tried to impose my opinions on here?

Impressive.

Anyway... I have to agree with magic-esi with reading more. I often get my favorite words or ideas after reading a great book- besides, reading is fun!

As for ideas... sorry. They should come from you, because those are, at least to me, the easiest to continue. I totally get where you're coming from, though: I have those same problems too. But I counsel patience: if you're anything like I am (because I can only speak from experience), then he best ideas will hit you when you least expect them to. You got this!

[ 20 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team