Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Here is a cinquain I wrote about having glasses
new

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Glasses

Glasses

Your eyes 

Opens your eyes

Helps you see better

Possibility

For those of you who don't know what a cinquain is, it is a poem with 5 lines. The first line has one word "glasses". The second line has 2 words "your eyes". The third line has 3 words " opens your eyes". The fourth line has 4 words "helps you see better". The fifth line has one word "possibility".

Here is a diagram of a cinquain:        

1st line:                                                     Dolphins

2nd line:                                            Beautiful dancers

3rd line:                                           Dance like ballerinas

4th line:                                    Together dancing in harmony

5th line:                                                     Graceful 

That cinquain I call "Dancing Dolphins" I hpoe you like that too.

Re: Here is a cinquain I wrote about having glasses
new

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:34 pm

That is a really good poem. And a very interesting poetry style. I only have a couple suggestions. On the first one, you could make "possibility" plural, as you can see many possibilities, not only one. And I actually have a suggestion for the other too. In Dancing Dolphins, you say they dance like ballerinas. Well, you could describe another thing they have in common. Like leaping. And for the fifth line, you could say Gracefully, as if the thought flows from line to line. So it would be:

Dolphins

Beautiful dancers

Leaping like ballerinas

Together dancing in harmony

Gracefully

These are just suggestions. Your poems are amazing the way they are. I hope you continue to write poems for a very long time, as they are very good! :)

Re: Here is a cinquain I wrote about having glasses
new

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Duskpoetry7 I have a whole book of Poems I wrote.

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team