General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 Hey Moderator... Think ya could help me possibly? please and thank you!

Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 pm
Hey Mod! Summer here, I have a question, where would I post something like a blog, would it be in the Memoir, Journalism, where? And would it be in the General or the Peer Review?
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

"Music is my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything." -Savannah, Secrets 1,2,3 and 4
-Summer

Re: Hey Moderator... Think ya could help me possibly? please and thank you!

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:59 am
_SummerDaisyCat_,

A good question, but the answer is a little complicated:

-if the "blog" is fiction and you are using a diary/blog format for the story I would put it in Short Fiction or Novel, depending on the length of your project.

-if the blog is about your life, it isn't really appropriate for the boards. I encourage you to post something to the Memoir boards if you have a particular story you wish to tell, but a memoir is more structured than serialized blog entries. It usually has a very focused topic. Blogs are a little too informal for our purposes, plus they risk revealing too much personal information about your life.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions!

Best,
Write It Mod

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:21 pm
Thanks for the help! That answers all my questions all right! Thank you! You guys must be busy a lot huh? Are there a lot of Write it Mod's? There sure are a lot of Posts to Mod!
It's hard enough to be what you are,
Harder to be what your not.
It's hard to know what you need to get,
Harder to know what you've, got.
-Summer

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:44 pm
lot of people have a "blog" on the Allie Finkle board. and there's a couple on the Buzz Boards: Reading Buzz

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team