General Discussion

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Hey There, Guys

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:03 am
Hey, everyone!

I know I haven't been on Write It in ages, and probably most of you have no idea who in the world I am--but I used to be super active on these forums and, just in case any of the people I DO know are still around, I figured I'd do a quick update post to let you know what I've been up to.

I'm about to begin my sophomore year of college at a university I love. I'm majoring in creative writing, possibly doing a minor in psych or theatre or something, and I learned how to actually speak Spanish this past school year (I say "actually" because, if any of you can remember the infamous General Discussion Spanish/French wars of yore, I was the leader of the Spanish side... who in all reality knew about dos palabras de Espanol).

Outside of school, I'm not acting as much as I used to (which is about as depressing as it sounds), but I'm hoping to get myself back into theatre more this coming year. I've continued to attend conferences and write novels and enter contests, and a few of my pieces have been published in lit magazines now. I'm currently querying my fifth novel, CADENCE (FORGOTTEN has been shelved), and I think I might actually have a shot at getting an agent with this one (knock on wood). One of my short stories recently won a contest through a big time magazine, so I think I can definitely say that I'm on my way. :)

There's so much more I'd love to tell you, but I'm trying to keep this as anonymous as possible for Bronwen's sake (I MISS YOU, BRONWEN!!!), so let me just end with this: lots of great things have been happening for me; I miss Write It, and the community we used to have here, but I'm happy to see that the forums are beginning to revive themselves a bit; and I hope, if you're someone who's new here, that you get as much out of this website as I did growing up. Because Write It is truly a magical place.

Love to all my WI oldies! And good luck to all the newbies. :)

Re: Hey There, Guys

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 am
CAVYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. (Do you have ANY idea how weird it is to call you that now?) I miss this place so much. It just isn't the same since the update, though. I mean, I enjoy that I still talk to you and Kira and Han, but I miss HERE. I miss the critiques and the jokes and the absolute fools we made out of ourselves. And yet I really hate looking through old messages because it only reminds me how amazingly AWKWARD I was. Like, no, Tatiana, writing a subject line in all caps is not enticing, IT IS REALLY OBNOXIOUS. IS THIS FUN? DIDN'T THINK SO. (Bronwen, quite frankly, I don't know why you didn't find some way to ban me. I was such a sad, strange little child who had no idea how to speak to people. Good heavens.) (And for all those who want to make some quip, joke, comment, or otherwise about my communication skills [or lack thereof] -- SHUT. UP.) I think those messages just serve to show me how much I've grown, though. I've been on for almost 4-ish years, maybe? You wouldn't really think that 4 years could make that much of a difference, in the grand scheme of things, but it can. It did. In short, I have no idea where I'm going with this message. I have no idea what I said. It's nearly 3 a.m. and I have really bad insomnia that was MAYBE caused by the huge Mountain Dew I had at the movies today. Sorry Bronwen. For a lot of things over these past few years, haha, but especially for the fact that this is so completely random and disjointed and... I should just shut up now. Yeah. ~Tatiana~

Re: Hey There, Guys

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:59 pm
Cavyheart! This is my first time on here since forever! That's all great! I miss the community we all used to have on these boards. I agree, good luck to all the newbies! ~Ella

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team