General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  
 How HP Has Changed YOU
new

Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi! Post back and tell how Harry Potter has changed you, as a person. How you look at things, etc.

(I read Harry Potter halfway through 8th grade, and I wish I had had it for 6th and seventh, too.)

Here's mine:

Firstly, Hermione became my alter ego and I became a self motivated, straight A student.

Now I just do my absolute best with everything becasue she makes it cool to be a nerd...

I became more responsible because of Hermione.

Seeing how Harry suffered at the Durselys' made me put my studpid little problems in perspective.

Seeing how cooly weird Luna is made me accept myself as an individual, if you know what I mean. Like, before hand I was obsessed with conforming and being popular, and Luna made me step back and realize that there's only one of me. And my friendships have actually improved since then.

I became a better writer, and now I use english terms like "git,"  "prat,"  "oi,"  and "snog." 

Harry showed me that you need to believe in yourself and know who your true friends are, even when eveyone hates you. (I really could have used this in 6th and 7th grade)

-Kira

Re: How HP Has Changed YOU
contributor

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 am

Yes, my new favorite word is "brilliant" ~ you'll see me use it on the boards a lot, and it's used a lot in HP.  But yeah, HP is life-changing.  I don't think I can list all of the ways it's changed me... I guess I'm not really sure exactly how, I just know that it has changed me!

° Foreverelephant °

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

I'm not afraid of ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ƃuıʎɟǝp...

«´¯`¸.°° ~~ °°.¸¸.´¯

visitor

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Snape taught me to give people second chances.

Luna taught me to belive in what you want to and just be yourself.

The books in genral made me into a huge bookworm.

Yes hermione made it cool to be a nerd and i am definitly(Ack I need spell check!) a nerd.

Harry potter brought us to this amazing place!smiley (This one's my favorite!)

And so many more!(Too many too count)

~clairecheeky

new

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 pm
HP gave me an obsession and made me unable to wait to turn 11 so that I can get my letter ( or not :: smiley sad:: )

new

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm
I started liking reading (of course,most of it was HP books,but still.....)

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 pm
Harry Potter got me to start reading chapter books - I think the second or third chapter book I ever read (that was the summer after kindergarten) was a Harry Potter book. Hermione in the first book was me at nine or ten-ish. She may have been the reason I was never embarassed that my main hobby is reading. Also, when I got a little older and changed schools, the girls at my new school. . . well, let's just say I wasn't about to change to fit in, so I continued to be my Hermione-like self - and people stopped bothering me eventually. I made my first friends at my new school by going up to two boys and talking about Harry Potter with them.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:12 pm
Good idea!! :)
HP has helped me find myself as a reader. Before I read HP, I liked reading, but never really knew what to read. Since I read HP, I read about 6 million times more than I used to! Now, instead of struggling to find something to read (and then not really being that interested in it anyway) I have a list of at least 100 books to read typed on my phone.
HP is also what inspired me to be a writer. HP is what got me thinking about it, but John Green's books are what really got me loving writing. Also, without HP I would have nothing to write!! I am so bad at coming up with my own plot ideas, so HP fanfiction is pretty much all that I voluntarily write!
Trying to imagine my life without HP, the only word I keep thinking of is boring
Well, I could go on for a while......

..°°Brilliantviolet5°°..

~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~

Copy and paste this if you support the LGBT community and their rights

We'll have the days we break

And we'll have the scars to prove it

We'll have the bombs we saved

But we'll have the heart

Not to lose it.

-Marchin' On, One Republic

frequent_vsitor

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 pm
I know that HP has changed so much in my life and the most important thing is that it totaly changed my outlook on life, although when I started reading them when I was much younger than I am now I had a pesimistic outlook on life and after reading HP I find that i have become a plesent person to be around. HP was and still is my modivation for practical everything in life, and the characters is what has changed me the most each one holding an important thread of my life together, but i must thank for Luna the most because without her i would probably have always kept my quirky wierdness to myself and therefore would never have made it to many of the places i've been or have done what i have and plan on doing in the future so to me HP has been alot more than words on paper it has been a life changing, modivating, rollercoaster ride of a story and i absolutely adore it. ~Zelda

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:09 pm
earlyelf6: I agree with everything you said!

new

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm
OMG guys it makes me so ridiculously happy to see this post still here <3 you alls Kira <3

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team