Crafts & DIY

Announcements

Announcing the STACKS’ newest Message Board! Crafts and DIY Tips!

Share your expert how-to tips, DIYs (that stands for Do It Yourself), ask questions, give advice, and let everyone know about the awesome projects you are working on! If you’re looking for inspiration, the Scholastic Klutz video page has lots of ideas for incredible projects. AND the Klutz folks themselves will be on this board for live chats to answer your questions! Stay tuned for live chat announcements coming soon!
http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/v ... 1#featured

My name is Katie, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about crafting and how to do the amazing stuff that YOU are an expert at. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 How to Quilt

Thu May 19, 2016 5:51 pm

OK I was asked to write a post about quilting. 

If you want to quilt, here's what you do:

1- Buy/get a machine

2- Get a book from the library and do what it says

There ya go!!! hahahaahahahaha

But really, I am NO expert and you really need step-by-step instructions. I'm sure there are also some good videos out there. 

The quilt I'm working on now is one from a library book I got. I fell in love with the rainbow colors. I went to Joann Fabric and bought the fabric. It involves a lot of strips so it took me awhile to cut them. Then I had to sew them all. Then cut THOSE strips into squares, and now it's like a puzzle- I have to put in the formation I like. Take a picture, then sew. 

GOOD LUCK! I am sure this wasn't helpful at all. HA!

Re: How to Quilt
new

Thu May 19, 2016 9:52 pm

cheekyyoure right that was no help cheeky but, good idea for looking it up or join to the libary! smiley

Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 pm

heehee. Sorry!!

new

Fri May 20, 2016 10:01 pm

No need to be Sorry Mrs. Katie! smileyI just wanted to kid-around with ya laugh LOL

new

Sat May 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Mrs. Katie, can you help me spread the word for my role play? i only have 3 people in there (You, me, readingbrainy) and only one week untill my role play.

new

Sun May 22, 2016 11:18 pm

Mrs. Katie, plz look at this comment!!                                                                                             if your looking, thanks smiley i sall that you said fridays are toguh for you, and asked it you could just come like saterday and sunday, and Sure! what ever time secudle works for you, go with it! smiley but yea, my roleplay is friday-sunday on friday if you can make it, come at 5:30 and it ends sunday at 1:30. so thats pretty much the secudle. for more info about the secudle just look at my thread "New idea!  i'm new!" and you'll see the secdule below the form.Hope this helps! (By the way sorry for posting my answer here, it wouldn't let me into my thread.........frown)

Mon May 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi- on any normal weekend this would be fine but this is Memorial Day weekend as you probably know, and we are going to the beach. So I won't be able to moderate as much as you'd like. I will try, but I recommend maybe switching it to another weekend. 

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team