Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 Hunger Games FanFic; Chapter 1- The Bloodbath
regular_contributor

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:25 am

Chapter 1; The Bloodbath

(Day 1)

Shuriken’s platform rose, and as soon as it surfaced Shuriken’s eyes locked onto the Cornucopia. It was loaded with weapons, packs, food, medicine, and much more. He spotted a sword tucked neatly into a scabbard. That’s mine, Shuriken thought to himself. Thirty seconds before the gong would go off.

He decided to scan the area for his Career allies. From his District, Faye Light, were three platforms to his right. Then there was Jacub Eltrige, who he had grown to like through the last few days. He was two platforms to his left. There was also Clover Serpe Veleno, from District 3. Normally, District 3 wasn’t a part of the Career Pack, but this girl, this girl was different. She used throwing knifes like nobody else, and was one of the best Careers he’s ever seen. She was five platforms to his right. Then there was the boy Faye invited in, Gabe Ackers from 6. He was right next to Shuriken. Finally there was Silvix Donwell, the boy from 4.  He was 7 platforms to his left. They’d all meet up at the Cornucopia, and kill off anyone they could.

The gong sounded, and Shuriken went sprinting for the sword, but someone got there before he did. He almost knocked the boy over, but he was gone in the blink of an eye. It could have only been one person. Chase Quilton from District 12. He was the fastest runner in the Games, and Shuriken knew he used swords. I’ll get him later, Shuriken promised himself.

The next thing he knew, Jacub was standing next to him, handing him one of the two swords he had picked up. Shuriken smiled at Jacub; he was glad he was his ally. The two looked around together, searching for victims. They spotted Clover finishing off the boy from 8, and Silvix finishing off the girl from 9. Two down.

“What do you say? Wanna break the small alliances between tributes?” Jacub’s sword at the ready.

“No, let’s not be picky. Just take them out!” Shuriken declared and they ran out into combat. Shuriken took down a girl, with blond hair, now stained with blood. He realized it was the girl from 11. Three down.

The Bloodbath went on for ten more minutes, and then the cannons fired to signal how many deaths there had been. One, two, three, four, five, six, and seven. Seven deaths. The only ones left at the Cornucopia who were living were the Careers.

Shuriken, Jacub, Clover, Faye, and Silvix were the only ones left out of the Career Pack.

“So, who’s going to organize the supplies?” Silvix walked over and asked.

“Jacub, how about you go with Silvix and organize the Cornucopia. Bring out anything that can be useful,” Shuriken ordered.

“So, what’s our next step?” Faye questioned.

“We’re gonna search for better weapons. This short-sword isn’t worth much,” Shuriken stated, as he threw the short-sword into the horn.

“Well I found these two swords on the rim of the Cornucopia,” Faye held out two scabbards with swords in them.

Shuriken snatched one and took the sword out. It had curved blades coming off the sides to give it a sort of chain-saw look, but the curved spikes were much longer and sharper.

“Now this is what I’m talking about. Nice find Faye,” Shuriken hooked the sword to his belt. Clover took the other one. It turned out to be a Kris sword.

“Perfect. I needed a Kris Sword to go along with my throwing knives,” Clover stated as she hooked her own sword to her belt.

Faye had grabbed a double-bladed axe for herself, Jacub grabbed twin swords, and Silvix had grabbed a heavy-duty sword.

“Too bad Gabe had to die. Who killed him anyway?” Faye asked.

“My District partner Schatten,” Clover spat.

“Hey guys, look what I found!!!” Jacub yelled as he ran into the clearing carrying a piece of parchment and a pen.

“What?” Shuriken questioned curiously.

“It’s a lay-out of all the tributes names, pictures, tokens, and districts. We can use it to keep track of whose left, and it might give us clues to where to the find the remaining tributes. Like the traitor for District 4. Her name is Luna Carp. Apparently it’s like she lives near the water, so we should be able to find her by the lake,” Jacub explained.

“Aren’t there two traitors who refused to be a part of the Career Pack?” Silvix asked who had now re-joined the group.

“Yes. Sadie-Rue Hawkins from 2, and Luna from 4,” Clover informed. Those were two targets that the Careers would attempt to track first.

“Alright, well let’s get camp set up. We’ll hunt in the morning,” Shuriken declared. By the time they finished setting up, the anthem played and the faces and names showed up on the screen.

Clover got out the list and crossed off all the names of the people who died.

D1- Shuriken and Faye

D2- Jacub and Sadie

D3- Schatten and Clover

D4- Silvix and Luna

D5- Seaweed and Elvira

D6- Gabe and Lena

D7- Emerson and Karrie

D8- Carter and Miku

D9- Phineas and Susi

D10- Luke and Lucille

D11- Gale and Jenna

D12- Chase and Layna

Hope you guys like it!!!

Re: Hunger Games FanFic; Chapter 1- The Bloodbath

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:27 am
HI
:smileyhappy:

regular_contributor

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:57 pm
very interesting, I like it

new

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:32 pm
That is really good! Can you write more about it? FRIEND ME!!!!!!! WIZARDMERLIN37

new

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:31 pm
It was good, although grammar and punctuation could be a bit better... Other than that, one of the most interesting posts I've seen on this thing!

new

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:59 pm
Great job! Can you write more about this? If you can, that would be pretty awesome ;) XD :B

new

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm
Yeah! I love the Hunger Games and I think it's really interesting to see it through a careers eyes! Awesome job and creativity!

new

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 am
Really great word choice I love the Hunger Games! Keep writing!!!!!

new

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:51 am
I love the hunger games series !!!!!!!!! I visited the site that schoolastic has! You are awesome! Write more! My faveorite book is Mockingjay! I love seeing it from there point of view!

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team