Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 I Did It
frequent_contributor

Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 pm
This is setting in church. The 5th graders (I'm one of them) are planning the Sunday mass. I'm doing the First Reading. I was completley nervous.

As Father (The Priest) is doing the Opening Prayer, my heart is thumping.
    'What if something goes wrong?' I thought. My classmate and I are doing the first and second reading. But I'm doing the 1st one. In front of the whole church (I'm not really used to doing stuff in front of crowds, unless it's a group of people).
    As we say, 'Amen', I couldn't help but panic.
    As we went up to the podium, my heart was still beating loudly.
    "A reading from the book of..." I started until, "The Word of the Lord".
    After then, I got some compliments of my reading. Maybe I'll be a lector or something...

DEAR EVERYONE PLEASE READ
IF THIS INFLICTS WITH YOUR RELIGION SORRY! I WAS JUST IMAGINATIVE RIGHT NOW...
H.Y.L.I.! (Hope you like it!)

Celine

Re: I Did It
frequent_contributor

Sat May 24, 2008 5:23 pm
It was nice... short and sweet!
About reading in front of your church, I know how you feel. I had to do that for confirmation class this year and I kept panicking. I like acting but I usually don't know most of the people in the audience. I felt that if I messed up, I'd be completely humiliated. When I finally did it, a bunch of people gave me compliments, and I ended up being asked to read for the next service, too.

_cavyheart_

Quoted from my Computers teacher: "...the big flood is coming, so you'd better be wearing goggles. If you don't, you'll be swimming blind and you'll be running into things, and that wouldn't be good."

PS.
Do you have any clue about what that quote means? He got it from a movie, I think, but I have no clue... If you have any ideas, post them... PLEASE!

PSS.
Again, great job! :)

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:08 pm
that was really short and sweet, but still good

rookie_visitor

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:40 am
It was good. Was that it though?

contributor

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm