Favorite Characters

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 14 posts ] Average score:  
 I found the perfect describing word for Malfoy!
new

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Sometimes in the books, they refer to Malfoy as 'malicious'. I didn't know what malicious meant, so I looked it up. It means to act with malice. I looked up malice and this is what it said:

mal-ice n 1: desire to cause pain, injury or distress to another. 2: intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse.
syn MALICE, MALEVOLENCE, ILL WILL, SPITE, MALIGNITY, SPLEEN, GRUDGE mean the desire to see another experience pain, injury, or distress. MALICE implies a deep-seated often unexplainable desire to see another suffer (felt no malice toward their former enemies) MALEVOLENCE suggests a bitter persistent hatred that is likely to be expressed in malicious conduct.

It said a lot of other things, too, but I'm too lazy to copy the rest out of this dictionary. But anyway, it's clear how malice describes Draco perfectly, right? Whenever it says 'another', I'm talking about Harry. Do you get it?

.•ϟ~*♛*~ϟ•.
There is no good and evil.
There is only power and those too weak to seek it.
~Voldemort
Oh, Voldy! Will you ever learn?
.°•*..°*•
ϟ

Re: I found the perfect describing word for Malfoy!
regular_contributor

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 pm
I can totally see Malfoy being malicious. It makes sense, if you look at how he acts and all.

contributor

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:09 am
Yeah, that makes sense... Maybe J.K. Rowling was thinking something similar when she created his character, too, because MALfoy has the same beginning as MALicious... They probably come from the same root word or something, so maybe they mean similar things.
A Proud Jabberjay of the Hunger Games Board
Clever
Ambitious
§Slytherin§
Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!
-Paul Brandt -Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18-Emeraldeagle18

regular_contributor

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:46 pm
BUMP!

new

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 pm
Draco isn't THAT malicious.... is he? He's actually okay :P
Well, he is very malicous at the start, but, well, y'know what I'm tryin' to say!
amusedchicken22

who is a fan of Draco . . .

new

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:17 am
***THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS***

J.K. Rowling might describe Draco as malicious, but that is not at all how I see him.

If you told me he was malicious about six months ago, I probably would've agreed with you, but as I have explored his character more, I believe I have unearthed the truth about Draco.

First of all, I think Lucius is a terrible father and he doesn't understand that Draco is just a young boy trying to find his place in the world. Without a fatherly figure to guide him, Draco is lost. His situation at home is the only contributing to factor as to why he becomes a Death Eater. He is terrified of his father, and just wants to make Lucius happy. Deep down, Draco does have a love for his father even though Lucius doesn't know how to be a father. Draco wants to help get his father out of Azkaban and the only way to do that is to (attempt) to kill Dumbledore. His mother on the other hand may be evil, but she knows that her son needs proper guidence and protection. The only reason she made the Unbreakable Vow with Snape was to keep Draco out of Voldemort's path of destruction. Narcissa was just born into the wrong family, at the wrong time. That is why she is involved with Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

Draco is mean to Harry because that is all he knows. All his life he is taught to hate Harry Potter because in his mind, Harry is the bad one. Like most bullies, Draco is misguided and has a tough time at home.

Because of this, I do not think Draco is really malicious.

Emeraldice49

new

Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 pm
emeraldice49 has a point... :l
-unicorndawn49

new

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:57 am

contoled by father

new

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:07 pm

"Mal" is the Latin root for "bad" and so Draco's name means "bad dragon." Rowling was very clever with the names of the characters.

☆★AquaCat586★☆

Don't carry the world upon your shoulders

For well, you know that it's a fool who plays it cool

By making his world a little colder

~The Beatles, "Hey Jude"~

new

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:37 pm

I love saying it! Malicious!!!!devil

new

Sat May 07, 2016 6:19 pm

IT ALL MAKES SENCE!

new

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:17 pm

WARNING! DON'T READ IF HAVE'NT READ WHOLE SERIES!

NO! DRACO GOT BETTER! IN THE 7TH BOOK. HE WAS RAISED BY A BAD DAD AND NOT THE BEST MOM!

JUST READ EMERALDICE49'S REVIEW!  

new

Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:36 pm

Well if malicious means the desire to hurt people then I see how it's Malfoy.

Malfoy=devil!!!!!!!!!! 

new

Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:48 pm

I:-D You...Didn't...Know...What...Malicious...Means...???indecision

[ 14 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team