General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 I have an idea, but need advice.
regular_contributor

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:02 pm
My best friend and I like acting, and so I want to write a play or two for us. I just read this book on plays, and I got an idea. What about a new version of Robin Hood, with Robin as a girl? It'll take a lot of work- after all, the only people I think I could get to participate are 4 girls counting me and her- but I think it's a great idea! I have some good costumes, but I can't quite decide whether or not to keep Maid Marian. Cause when all is said and done, there are four Merry Men besides Robin everybody thinks of- Little John, Alan-A-Dale, Friar Tuck, and Will Scarlet. So, advice on how to change the names, and which characters and scenes would work best?

Re: I have an idea, but need advice.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 pm
I am an actress myself, I also like to write plays.
Your play sounds like a really good idea, you could write the play then throw a party at your house with all your friends and hers. You could perform it right in front of them! If they like it they will tell their friends. The best advertisement is word of mouth! GO FOR IT GIRL!!! :robothappy:

regular_visitor

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:38 pm
Yeah I LOVE your idea! I am an actress myself, and I think it would be wonderful.

frequent_contributor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 pm
You should see if there are any community theatre companies around where you live that might be interested in performing it. I know a lot of children's troupes are open to doing amateur work.

Good luck. : )

~Cavy

Happy Holidays!! :D

visitor

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm
i'm an actress! i would want to be in it if you live in my area! Ask your parents, parents can sometimes be embarressing but they can be really helpful! Best of luck!

~ Natalie :smileytongue:

new

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 pm

YOUR FELLOW ADVISOR,ANGELHYDRA3

my idea,change the story so its like ROBINHOOD3 A TWIST IN CHARECTERISTICS

what im saying is make all boy charecters girls and make all boy charecters girls.[dont make boys dress up like girls]have a little hot stuff[boys] in your play.find new names and if you need help with them contact me.kisskiss BANG [my code to say goodby goodby is totally OVERUSED]

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:11 am

I think you should make Maid Marian a boy and they think they like each other but it turns out they become friends and find other lovershsmiley

new

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm an actress myself . I totally understand where your coming from on changing the names. I had a rough time on that  to when I wrote my play's. I hope you can figure it out because well I'm stumped. GOOD LUCK smiley

new

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm
It sounds good, and maybe your friends could ask their friends!

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team