General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 I have to find a way to keep writing!
new

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 pm
Hey! I love to write, and I have written stories that I was going to get published, but never finished them. I never know what to do after the first few chapters of my story. How do I keep going on one story without abandoning it, or not knowing what to do?

Re: I have to find a way to keep writing!
new

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 am
don't start 2 many stories or you will have to stop some of them. whenever you have writer's block read a favorite book and really look for strategies that you like or something happens in the book that you like look for these things and try to keep a journal for dreams to help you find some good ways. hope i helped

Re: I have to find a way to keep writing!
new

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Make sure you are passionate about your subject! You won't get anywhere if you hate your subject! Make a list of things you are passionate about or want to learn about. Unless your writing takes place in the future, you will have to research for your stories. NEVER write more than 2 stories at once. This will help a lot. If you want to learn about something, lets say polar bears. You could write an informational story instead of fictional. If you want to write a fictional story about polar bears, research them, first. Then, try writing based on  what you read about them. Even if you know a lot about them, its good to research so you know almost step-by-step of its day. You'll get it done for sure! Hope this helped!

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team