Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 I JUST CANT GET IT!
new

Tue May 28, 2013 6:37 am
As we know that in deathly hallows harry comes to know the truth of snape loving his mom; does this have any effect on harry for his feelings on his father? NOTE- [Harry's son's name is Albus severus potter]

Re: I JUST CANT GET IT!
contributor

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:55 am
Hm... that's an interesting question. I don't think it does. First of all, I think Harry understands that his father changed a lot and is a different person than the man he was back in school when he bullied Snape. This is really the only thing that James has done wrong. "The Prince's Tale", as the chapter is titled, might have made him feel differently about his mother, his aunt, and certainly Snape, but I don't think it would really impact his view of his father that much. But it is interesting to think about. :)
Foreverelephant

"You're mad. Bonkers.
Off your head.
But I'll tell you a secret:
All the best people are."
--Charles Kingsleigh
Alice in Wonderland movie (2010)✿❧

new

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:53 pm
Harry does feel different about his father when he learns about snapes past but it was mostly because his father was a bully not because snape loved his mom

new

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm
It does shock Harry, to learn about his father and Snape and how Lily met him and on the train called him "Sev". Everything kind of shocked me here, from how Lily treats James bad. And then they realize they're perfect for each other. But of course, Harry does know his dad did like a laugh. So Harry changes, but still knows his dad didn't mean any harm, as to except for Voldemort ( those of you Rons out there that cringe, man up, mate!) This is interesting...

new

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:10 pm

hmmmmmmmm good point

regular_contributor

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 am

Why would Harry change his opinion about his dad?

Harry's view on James is demystifiyed in the Order of the Phoenix, after Snape's Worse Memory. His feelings for his father's memory aren't exactly changed, he just understands that his father was human... rather than seeing him as the perfect hero he used to until then. Then, two years later, he goes through the same for Snape... Harry finding out the truth about Snape has nothing to do with his father... 

And if Harry naming his second-born Albus Severus is supposed to mean he changed his feelings towards his father, will I really be ruining it if I reminded all gathered that Harry's firstborn is James Sirius?

new

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:06 pm

It has somewhat of an impact on Harry, but he still loves his father. Harry knows that his father was only a bully when he was young, and he changed a lot. i think the only impact on Harry whas that he dident hate Snap like he used to.

Lonelysapphire6

regular_contributor

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:08 am

Guys, where do you get that James was a bully? He hung Snape upside-down, but that was because they shared a rivarly. Like Harry and Malfoy, say. Would you call Malfoy a bully over Harry? Not really, because Harry can stand his ground and repays him multiple times. It's a give-and-take of harmful actions to each other. Same with James and Snape... James hung Snape upside-down, but then Snape sliced James cheek... And like, caused him to bleed? And like, that was a non-verbal Sectumsepra for you? OK, James wasn't the NICEST person with anyone outside the Marauders (say, the way he asked out Lily was downrigth rude) but he wasn't a bully, at least we don't have any evidence he was. He only did that with Snape, because Snape also hated James. What if I say Snape bullied James? He invented Sectumpsepra when he was, like, 16! And it said it was "for the enemies"- seriously now? Who could his enemies be at the time if not the Marauders and the Muggle-borns?

new

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:13 pm
Well, he does have a different veiw on his father Its totally about Snape loving Lily (NOT.)
I think its beacuse he finds out his father was a bully, but a good person nothenless and Harry still  loves him because everyone makes mistakes BLAH BLAH BLAH     Nobody cares.........       EXCEPT FOR EVERYBODY 

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team