Romance at Hogwarts

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 12 posts ] Average score:  
 I like Dramione but only if they are all friends
regular_contributor

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Hello guys! HAPPY FINALS MWAHAHAHA :D

So I was thinking about Dramione the other day and I discovered what my latest opinion on them was:

I like Dramione as a pair. I'm not exactly "SIGN ME UP!" for "forbidden wuv" and "dark wuv" and all, but I don't exactly roam the streets (or the threads) screaming "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!111!" either

I like to see Dramione as a ship about forgiveness and endless/bottomless tru wuv if it ever happens in fanfic or headcanon, not just romantically but, you know... just about love. I don't really like the ones in which Hermione is into "bad boys" and Draco is ommg so hawt and bad boy while in canon he's a bit of an unatractive spoiled crybaby :|

HOWEVER! Were Dramione to happen, I would love them to actually be friends. Be dorky, hang out, laugh and playfully teas each other. Also for the trio to kind of forgive Draco for being such a pain to them because Draco has proven himself to be more than that as a person, and (OF COURSE) all these go for Harry and Ron as well as Hermione.

Because seriously another thrilling romance about letting go of all your friends for your true love who also happens to be "forbidden" and  supposed to be your enemy makes me kinda nauceous (NOT that Dramione fanfics are bad by default. 

I like Dramione, as long as it's not let's fly off into the sunset together bcuz our love is too good for this ruthless world...

Anyone agree? Disagree? Plz say something it feels like no one ever wants to ship talk :(

Re: I like Dramione but only if they are all friends
new

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:01 pm

I agree, but i dunno....Dramine has always seemed a little '' yrgh'' and not very ''omg yaass''

itd be cool if they like made friends and allyes

new

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:28 pm

it really only works out if they are all friends.if Harry and Ron keep hating Draco,Hermione would most likely get reeeeeeally mad and ditch them.but in a way,it is forbidden love,considering Draco's parents.it isn't dark love,though.Dramione fan fiction sort of sheds new light on something people have only thought about.

frequent_contributor

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:38 am

tbh yea

like honestly I don't really see it as a beautiful dark forbidden love type thing 

my favorite portrayal is basically where draco steps out of his fathers footsteps and acts like a normal decent human being and him and hermione actually become friends

but I would be totally lying if I didn't like a bit of casual romantic vibes thrown in their too, a happy, unihibited amourous relationship. I can't imagine it as something permanent though, it'd probably be something where after awhile they'd just mutually become platonic again

another aspect I've kind of changed is that I headcanon Draco as ace (asexual) so he's probably more into the platonic stuff anyway

new

Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Draco would have to say sorry and realy change  but they could be friends it would be cool if they made up but Draco would have to be nice and Hermion well would have to forgive,forget,lighten up about being good a little but i just saw Draco as to mean,bad for Hermion

new

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:56 am

I agree, for sure.

new

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:49 pm

I believe dramione should have been a thing i mean for years people have shipped them but who does draco end up marrying some random chick!

Plus so much drama would be addded to make the series better even though it is already the best

DRAMIONE FOREVER heart

new

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:51 pm

IKR!!! Like Draco and Hermione would make SUCH a cute couple but I don't want to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione to loose thier friendship because of it! DRACO AND HERMIONE DESERVE TO BE TOGETHER!!!! That is all. Continue.

new

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Like you said, I could see it happening if the trio were to forgive Draco and become friends. :) I've never really been a fan of Dramione, because some of the fanfictions revolve around Hermione being into "bad boys," like you said, and I honestly don't see Hermione in that way.

But yeah, if they were able to forgive each other and become friends, Dramione would be really cute. :D

regular_contributor

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Wow it looks like a lot of people ship Dramione.

Aamof, I don't, and personally I think it's super hard to write Draco/Hermione without making one or both of them super OOC, and that's mostly because of all the Draco in Leather Pants that is so often applied -_- Not that Dramione fanfic can't be good, even if it is OOC. It's just not true to canon, and that's ok, but y'know? I just don't really like the idea of Dramione fixing all of Draco and Hermione's problems, which are, according to the popular belief, their friends (in Hermione's case) and family (in Draco's case). AKA Hermione should abandon Harry and Ron (and everyone else) to be w/ Draco and he should leave his parents to be w/ her because being together is the only true home or whatever and seriously it's kinda tiring as an idea so here's that.

:D

new

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Oh yeah, I do not ship Dramione AT ALL, but I would think that it would be cool if they were all friends, because we see a bit of forgiveness from the trio in the DH, so friendship might be ever so possible.

regular_contributor

Sun May 01, 2016 8:21 pm

I think it'd work if all of the trio were to forgive Draco because he's been so mean to them all those years when they were in school, and Ron kind-of doesn't want Rose to get too friendly with Scorpious, which would mean that he's not a fan of Draco still.

[ 12 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team