Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  

Should I continue this?
Yes! 100%  100%  [ 5 ]
Maybe... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not Really - Start a New Story 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
 I'm New! Please Read!!!!
new

Fri May 29, 2015 1:47 am

I pull myself over the fence and drop down onto the ground. I drop my backpack on the still- wet morning grass and begin to pull of my sweatpants and sweatshirt, leaving myself standing in the cold Minnesota air with a tank top and running shorts. I shiver, but don't put anything back on.

Okay, I think to myself, C'mon, Ellie. Let's go. I bounce up and down and do a few arm circles. Once I am completely warmed up, I begin to run. I circle the track over and over, just enjoying the morning. I love to run and would do it every day, except my mom is unable to afford for me to join the track team. So, every morning I sneak over the track's fence and run until I can't run anymore.

After an hour, I'm just about ready to throw up. I'm loving it, and would run more, I just don't think barfing in the high school parking lot would be that easy to cover up. I towel down and put on my sweats. I check my watch.

Perfect, I think. Just enough time to make it to school. 

One hour later, I'm sitting in my desk behind Molly Winters and in front of Ben Thimble. I am reading my book, waiting for the spitballs to come flying. The boys have a tendency to make me a target. I really don't care. They've never seen me run.

The bell rings and everyone runs to their seats.

"Good morning, people! Sit down! I'm going to start, here!" Mrs. Jesse says loudly. My seventh grade teacher loves to talk loudly. And I think it makes things more interesting.

"Good morning, Mrs. Jesse," the class choruses.

"Okay, attendence time. Kriss Anderson!"

"Here!"

"Hannah Ch-"

Mrs. Jesse is interuppted by the intercom crackling to life. "Hello. Sorry to interuppt, but Ellie Parker is wanted in the office."

I stand up, shocked. Did they somehow see me running this morning? Then I remember- I left my running bag.  

Re: I'm New! Please Read!!!!
new

Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:41 pm

this is amazing!! you should totally continue it!!wink

Re: I'm New! Please Read!!!!
new

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Wow! This is great!

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team