General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 I'm New... Please Read This!
regular_contributor

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:04 pm
Hi! I'm Zoë, from the Reading Buzz, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games boards. I thought because I wanted serious judgement on my writing and work, I would come here. I'm friends with Lestria (DorkQueen) who seems to be in the same situation as me.  I'm going to need your guys' judgement on whether or not my pieces are good. My first piece is called Existence. It's about a teenage girl who was born to two very poor people and they couldn't afford to go to the hospital for the birth, so the government never knew she existed. Her mother died in childbirth and shortly after, her father went into serious depression and died when she was 10. So, this girl (I don't know her name yet) has a dark past and joins a secret organization of teens like her who are unknown to be existing and they find problems the government, FBI, and Secret Service should be taking care of but aren't, and solve them. Does it sound interesting? Thanks!

xoxo {?} zoë

Re: I'm New... Please Read This!

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:50 am
irene18,

Welcome to the Write It boards! I think you'll find a great community of dedicated writers and generous critical readers here. You've come to the right place!

I wondered if you're writing a novel or a short-story? I ask primarily because the Novel boards are the places for full-length works in progress.

If Short Fiction is what you're working on, I'd suggest introducing yourself and your story on the Novel General Discussion boards as well as here. The Novel boards have the most active community and I often encourage people who are working on the less populated boards to post announcements of new pieces of writing on other boards (with links) so that some of the Novel users can stop by and check out their work located elsewhere.

Looking forward to reading your piece!

Best,
Write It Mod

regular_contributor

Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:15 am

Write_It_Moderator wrote:
irene18,

Welcome to the Write It boards! I think you'll find a great community of dedicated writers and generous critical readers here. You've come to the right place!

I wondered if you're writing a novel or a short-story? I ask primarily because the Novel boards are the places for full-length works in progress.

If Short Fiction is what you're working on, I'd suggest introducing yourself and your story on the Novel General Discussion boards as well as here. The Novel boards have the most active community and I often encourage people who are working on the less populated boards to post announcements of new pieces of writing on other boards (with links) so that some of the Novel users can stop by and check out their work located elsewhere.

Looking forward to reading your piece!

Best,
Write It Mod

Thanks so much for the advice!!! I really appreciate it. It's going to be mostly a short preview of the novel I'm writing, so probably a couple chapters long. :)

xoxo {?} zoë

regular_contributor

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:42 pm
Hey! I know you! Your name's Zoë? It's nice! I've come on this board a few months 
ago *cough*ayearback*cough* and then left, but now I'm here to stay! *is welcomed back in great appalause*

This idea shounds interesting, with extra emphasis put on interesting. I'll make sure I'll read it!
"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."
~Hippolyte

new

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 am

Hello! I`m new too, just joined Feb.4,2012.I think your topick is REALYYYYYY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  you should definetly post it!  Plus I would love you to comment my poem,  What do Elves do When Santa Claus Leaves? smiley 

Luv it,

Hannah                                                                                                                 

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team