Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 I'm Starting a Story and I Want You to Finish It!
new

Sat May 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi! So, I'm gonna post the beginning of a story, you guys are gonna read it, and then you keep going with your own ideas! 

Zinnia had literally been chased up a tree. Her older brother, Asa, was a little higher then her. Zinnia had been in the same place as him before, but an angry squirrel had started swearing and throwing nuts at her, so she moved. 

The two siblings had run through the forest for hours, searching for a place to hide from their pursuers. All Asa had done was stolen a loaf of bread, and now the palace guards were after them. 

"Hey, Z! Hungry?" Asa said in a loud whisper. 

Zinnia nodded. The loaf of bread fell, and she adjusted her position so she could catch it. Zinnia caught it, and tried to take a bite. 

"Ow!" Zinnia yelled loudly. 

"Z! Don't yell! What's wrong?" Asa scrambled down to Zinnia's level. 

"This bread. It's, like, hard. I can't bite it."

Asa pulled the bread apart, and his breathe caught in his throat. "Z. Are you seeing this?"

Instead of answering, Zinnia grabbed the necklace that had been hidden inside the bread. "Asa. It's pure gold." 

"This was why they were chasing us. Zinnia, put it on and tuck it underneath your shirt."

Zinnia nodded and grinned. We're rich. 

Remember to continue this with your own ideas! 

-Wittyangel37angel

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team