General Discussion

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 i need an idea...

Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 pm

ok so here's the story.... I just finsihed a report in school that toke me forever, so i haven't been able to write down any good ideas for a story. I NEED IDEAS!!!! Please tell me if you have any ideas, thanks.

Re: i need an idea...

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 am

Hey!! I love helping people get ideas for stories and books. People like different styles so here are a few to get you started in different catagories; Fiction- Danny Johnson the ghost is about Danny the teen ghost that had everything girls, talent, charm, good looks, and smarts. That was until his parents went missing and he went searching for them. An evil spirit had taken his parents because he wanted Danny's power.

Also you could have a non-fiction book called Sweet Cupcakes and Cherry Chapstick; that could be about Hayley Tanner. The only thing Hayley wants is for her parents to stay at a house for more than 6 months and to have a bestfriend. Finally once her parents settle down in house for awhile, she actually wants to go to school. The 14 year-old meets Sara and Jane afterschool in her mom's cupcake shop. They snack on sweet cupcakes and realize how much they have in common. They see a boy their age that Hayley recogized from her old school named Jace. He was the first boy she ever came close to liking. Later that night, Hayley went to take the trash out and found a note on a card board box. "Hey its Jace we met about 3 month ago at Richard, I'm pretty sure you remember me; we hung out every Saturday at the skating rink. If you wanna meet up leave me your new number (I saw you had a new phone on the table) and this cherry chapsick. I know how much you like it. Things go good with her new friends, but what happens when her parents are in a deadly car accident.

I hope this helps!! :) Remember if your reading this you might want to make new names and twist the plot or title so you and someone else don't have really similiar stories! smiley  

Re: i need an idea...

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:04 am

Oh, I can sympathize with needing ideas.  There's nothing worse than wanting to write but not being able to come up with anything to write about.  It's usually better if the ideas come from you, though. It's hard to write another person's idea.  Try to think about some things that you like -- sports, dance, art, magic, whatever -- and then branch off of that.

Reading other books can give you some ideas, too.  Obviously you should never copy another author's work, but you can get basic ideas.  For example, if you read a book about how a girl loses her best friend in a car crash, you could write about a girl who loses her best friend because they get in a big fight and are no longer friends.  Or something like that.

Good luck!

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team