Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  

Is this a good poem? Or should I write a new one?
Poll ended at Sun May 14, 2017 1:36 am
Yes, this is a great poem! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
This is a good poem. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
You could do better. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, you should start over. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 I need feedback on this poem pls :)
new

Fri May 12, 2017 1:36 am

The "Perfect" Life

Perfect parents who give you everything.

2 perfect brothers who protect you.

1 perfect sister to be a permanent best friend.

A perfect dog who has been loyal and everyone loves.

A perfect house in a perfectly small town across from the perfect little church.

A perfectly big wrap-around porch and sports equipment in the yard.

Seems perfect right?

Well, inside that window of perfectness exists a girl with thoughts swirling in her head like she’s trapped in a tornado.

She lays on the floor with headphones blasting the 2012 top hits to try and drown out the nagging voices that tell her she’s not good enough.

She stares at the medals displayed on the crystal blue walls and thinks

“if only I had more of these- that would be perfect”

“perfect”.

If perfection was able to be achieved then it wouldn’t be called perfection, would it?

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team