Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 i need help!!
visitor

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm
So i'm confused. I can just put my story up here and let people read it? Do allow people to put up horror stories? I love to write and i've written a ton of stories but some are short and some are long. Is there a limit on how much you can put up?

Re: i need help!!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 pm
Hi aquafire,

Welcome to Write It! I'm glad you found us!

So, yes, all of the Post Work in Progress boards are for posting your work so that you can get feedback from the community. We don't have too many horror writers, but maybe you'll be a trend-setter! I know a lot of users love to read horror, whether they write it or not though.

I would say that if your stories have any kind of imaginary beings like werewolves or vampires, your work would fit best in Sci-Fi/Fantasy. If you're writing a book-length story, you can post it on Novel. Otherwise, Short Fiction will work as well-- "short" is a pretty flexible term, so you can stretch it if it's a long one... ;)

One thing I do recommend: the Novel boards are pretty heavily trafficked, so if you end up posting your story elsewhere, make an announcement post on the Novel General Discussion board about your story, include a little of what it's about, and ask for readers to come over and take a look. Most importantly, include a link to where your post will live. That really helps get more people to read your work.

Best of luck to you and let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

Best,
Write It Mod

Re: i need help!!

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:29 pm
yes! please post your work because i love horror stories! I wish you the best in your writting!

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team