General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Imangine (A story I wrote)

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Imagine

There once was a little girl who loved to draw. She would spend a whole day in her attic simply drawing. Sometimes with makers, sometimes with crayons, but never with pencils, she found them quite bland.

One day her mother crept up the stairs, barely louder than a mouse. She cracked open the door to see her daughter spinning round and round.

Her daughter quickly sat down and said, "Now Lucy, it´s time to have tea." And the little girl pulled out a piece of paper and began to draw cups of tea.

Her mother looked around, bewildered. She saw no other girl in the room, not by the name of Lucy or anything else. When she looked back at her daughter, the little girl was staring at her.

"Mother!" The girl got up and ran to her mother. "I´m having a wonderful time! Don´t you love my new bedroom?"

Again, her mother looked around, baffled. Her daughter’s room looked exactly how she had left it this morning.

"Sweetheart," She said. "What are you talking about? There´s nothing new about this room."

The little girl shook her head. "No, everything’s new! Right Lucy?" The girl paused, as if waiting for an answer. Then she turned back to her mother. "See?"

"See what?" Her mother asked.

The girl´s brow furrowed. "See Lucy, Mama! She´s standing right there!" The girl pointed.

The mother and daughter looked into the room. The mother saw white walls, wood floor, a single window that looked out on the rainy day, a wooden bed with a pink blanket, and lots of pieces of paper strewn about the room.

But the girl saw something different, something magical. There was a rug of soft flowers on the carpeted floor, a hammock with lots of pillows inside, walls that were entirely made out of glass, allowing her to see the beautiful sunny day outside, and in the middle of the room, a little girl her own age with a mop of red hair. All of these things she had watched leap off of her drawing paper, leaving only a shadow of a drawing behind.

The girl saw these things because she had an imagination, an imagination so strong that although her mother could not see what she saw, the little girl knew and truly believed it was there.

Re: Imangine (A story I wrote)

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi!  Nice story!  Do you have any idea how do make threads?  Because I really want to make a thread where people can post little stories they wrote or at least parts.  I have no idea how to make threads.  Do you want to grow up and be a writer?  If you do, I think you'll make a good one.  I want to be a writer.  :)

ablankpage

P.S.  Check out my profile! 

new

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 pm

i think that iscoocheeky

new

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 am
i love your story ,here's mine.... The Bad Sugar Touch One time a boy found sugar and ate it. particulary he had bad dreams . he found out it was the bad sugar touch. he never touched anyone anymore.

new

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 am
I really like it!!

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team