Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 In memory, part 3
regular_contributor

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:46 pm
( Scene is set in catlyn's car. It's a large car with eric cartman seat covers, dice hanging from the mirror, a spider web steering wheel cover,  and stuff is everywhere. paperwork, drawings, clothes etc all over the floor and the seats)

Catlyn: Where's your notepad?

Scar: Drawing pad. I didn't get it

Catlyn: They were arguing again?

(Scenes of fights are shown, with Scar holding jimmy in her lap, sitting on the top floor, Behind the banister, fighting gets louder and louder and alison is in the middle in the last scene, duffel bag over her shoulder. Catlyn's voice cuts through the fantasy)

Catlyn: Scar?

( Scar shakes her head)

Catlyn: It was a long one, pal.

Scar: yeah, I know.

(Jimmy is standing outside, staring at the girls.)

Catlyn: Why isn't he getting in?

Scar: (rolls eyes):

Catlyn: Not again! He does this every year. Can't you offer him some chocolate like you always do?

Scar: He refused the chocolate.

Catlyn: (sighs) Scar, we're going to be late, and I'd like to get my schedule on time for once.

Scar: You deal with it. I've dealt with it every year your aunt drove us to school.

(Scar rolls down her window)

(catlyn leans over scar)

Catlyn: Jimmy, if you get in the car, I'll let you pick the music!

(Jimmy smiles and jumps in. Catlyn pulls away from the curb as fast and she can)

Jimmy: Hey! U said I could pick!

Catlyn: Sorry, I forgot the radios broken. (the girls bump fists. Another first day battle solved.)

Scene ends

Re: In memory, part 3
frequent_contributor

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm
It's cool how you switch between serious and lighthearted so much. It keeps it from getting too dark (serious) or cliche (lighthearted). It's a nice balance.

~Cavy

TWINKS AND KIRA!!!!!!! WIA WRITERS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team