Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Re: INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
new

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:30 pm
LOST i was stuck, stuck in a pitch black pit with no way out. Stuck clawing at the damp earth screaming. Alone, or so i thought. Suddenly a pale skeleton like hand rested on my shoulder. Before i knew what i was doing i grabbed it and sharply twisted. The was a yelp of pain and i knew at once it was not a skeleton. i unsheathed my knife and was about to strike when i heard a familiar voice..." Evuma let go of my arm this instant." It was my beloved father. " What... how... why are you here." Before he had a chance to open his mouth to speak i asked" unde......... i forgot to introduce my self. i'm Evumeia Macoy (but everybody calls me Evuma.) And i'm a mage. Lets go back to when it all started........ CHAPTER 1... <:3( )~~~~~~ :)

frequent_contributor

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 am
Great beginning! I think we should keep it, but we should make a list of who goes next so it doesn't get confusing... can I go if no one else has already gone?

new

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 pm

*sigh....* I have officially won the Worst Virtual Cafe Owner of the Year Award. How long has it been since I was last on? Two and a half weeks? So now, I have to clear a few things up.....

a) Hippolyte's create-a-story idea has not started yet. I'm not sure if what people are posting is for the create-a-story or if they're just previewing their own fanfic, but I'm sorry, the list of the order people are going in hasn't even been posted yet, so if you did post something for create-a-story you'll have to wait your turn.

b) Ok, just because I want to make The Elephant House even more crazy.... RANDOM *INSERT WORD HERE* OF THE DAY/WEEK/MONTH/YEAR! So what is basically is is that you chose a category (thought, question, food, place, ext.) and you post something random about it! This activity will most likely appeal to the younger end of The Elephant House spectrum, but anyone can participate!

c) THE LIST. Now, I'm not exactly going in order here, but I hope everyone will be OK with the order I choose!

1. Emerson Greenbelt (twinktoes87)

2. Elena Griffiths (eyeoftheabyss_12)

3. Alexa Potter (ME!)

4. Peter Crosby (theaterchik)

5. Dinah McMahon (hippolyte)

So now, twinktoes87 will post the first chapter, and once it's up, eyeoftheabyss_12 will start, and so on and so on. Remember to make them funny!

Oh, and I think this is just going to be a trial-and-error activity, so if we mess up this time, we'll just do it again! More people can join for the next one, but this one is now CLOSED.

So, twinktoes87, start us off!

~Nicole, who is excited about this....

new

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 am
Hey guys I need a title for my alchemy story.Have any ideas. ~cupidpuppet7,who is having title troubles

frequent_contributor

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:35 pm
WAT

WAT

WAT AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE ABOUT *looks around frantically* ACK SOMEONE ELSE GO FIRST I HATE BEING FIRST I HAVE NO IDEAS AHHHHHH *curles in fetal posistion and hides*

regular_visitor

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Aw, shucks. Sooo... (good gravy I say that a lot)...

*raises hand very, very slowly and awkwardly* I'd, uh, be more than happy to take over and get the ball rolling since Twinktoes claims to not have any ideas...

regular_contributor

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:50 pm
@Sammy: then I suppose you and Katherine can switch roles :D PLEASE START!!11!!!!oneoneone11!!! :D

new

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Ok, yes, Sammy and Katherine can switch places!

I'm sooo excited about this!

~Nicole, who is typing this on her phone and really hates the auto-correct...

regular_visitor

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 am

Alrighty, then! Just a small warning, though: I haven't written intentionally funny stuff in a while... oh well, so long as I get us going. Also, are we supposed to write in first or third person? I'm going with first on mine, but there should be a rule on this sort of thing, shouldn't there? Sorry if the length isn't what was expected, either.

(Elena)

It was the day a Mandrake almost bit off my entire nose.

And, just to add to the pain, it was pretty much my own fault. Snarky remarks, explosive tempers (and cauldrons), bitter resentment, grumbling, and stinky cheeses do not mix well in Potions class. Do you know what happens when those elements - most especially the stinky cheeses - come together? Broken bones, shattered hearts (figuratively speaking, of course), blistered skin, wounded pride, someone crying for their imaginary girlfriend... I was smart enough to not end up with any of those, not lucky. Luck's cheap, let alone fickle.

I may have caused some of the ruckus but everything else was an idea thought out by the resident idiots of Hogwarts. If these guys were geniuses like me taking advanced classes, then my big toe might as well have been the queen of Switzerland. And there's no such thing as the queen of Switzerland.

The professor sent me and Emerson Greenbelt (responsible for the stinky cheese thing) to detention. Of all people we expected to find we found Dinah McMahon, Alexa Potter and Peter Crosby. Except Crosby; it's a no-brainer to expect someone like him in dentention. Dinah on the other hand was a bit childish, but she should've been smart enough to avoid detention; Potter was only twelve, and not too well known for causing mischief. Unless said mischief happened to be talking everyone's ears off.

Professor Longbottom came in later to tell us all that we'd be working in the greenhouse with him. He was going to teach one of his classes about a specific type of plants, and we were going to help him sort out said plants. For two hours. It shouldn't have been that hard to figure it out; I was disgusted. Things like this were beneath me. Then again, things like almost blowing up the Potions classroom should've been beneath me, as well.

No one spoke to anyone for the next half hour when we arrived. So, of course Alexa had to utterly destroy what little comfort I had in the silence...

"Any of you guys read 'Witch Weekly'?"

"Hey! This plant right here looks like this tabby cat in a shop. I wanted to buy it and call it Sir Pounce-a-lot, but then it scratched me..."

"So what if the plant's green, not orange?! It's the shape that counts!"

"'Get out, get out, get outta my head! And fall into my arms, instead...!'"

"'...YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING!'"

"What? The song's catchy. Like how you catch... an infection or something."

Even I had a breaking point, and I was reaching beyond that in minutes. But I had to focus; if the sleeping baby Mandrake over there decided to wake...

"Do you need help with that?" Dinah asked, cocking her head towards the Mandrake.

I looked at the Mandrake, then Dinah and the others. Everyone else was finished with their tasks, waiting for me to transfer the plant.

I waved my hand in dismissal. "No. I've done this before." I readied my earmuffs and attempted to pull the ugly thing out.

It didn't budge. I pulled a little harder, and it still stayed put. What an abnormal plant. I paused. "Wait, I need someone to hold the pot down for me."

Dinah walked back to me. "Ha, thought so." She set the Mandrake pot firmly on the table. "Ready!"

I backed up against the wall and drew out my wand. Now, casting spells I could understand and do right. "Carpe Retractum!"

Now I could pull the Mandrake out far easier. And it worked; the plant got out. I was so happy and proud of myself that I could've started singing.

But the plant was pulled out too hard. I had just sent it flying straight into my face.

So, was that good? And to avoid copyright and stuff, the lyrics Alexa sang here are from One Direction's "One Thing". I do not own One Direction, and shockingly, nor do I wish to.

frequent_contributor

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:24 am
WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER! You will probably see it posted sometime tomorrow, as it is 10:24 PM right now I don't really want to do a repeat of the last four nights where I stayed up past midnight XD See you tomorrow!

regular_contributor

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:52 pm
Great beggining Samantha!
~Hippolyte who loves her idea

frequent_contributor

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 am
Here's my chapter! Sorry it's a bit rough, I didn't want to wait to edit it so it'll probably change tenses since that's my worst thing. Anyway, here you go- 1,527 words of sheer adventure and mishcheif:

PART TWO/DOS:

So before we get to the hilarious part where Griffiths nose nearly gets bitten off by a bloody Mandrake plant, let's back up shall we? It all started with the nasty cheese mess, which was utterly not my fault, it was Potion partner Crosby's fault.

Never had I liked that Crosby bloke, trouble making is my field, and I don't like competition. Although, usually, I don't get detention for it. But when he offered his assistance in possibly the best Potions prank in Hogwarts history, I had to bury the hatchet and work together.

It all started out smoothly. We swapped the cheese in Professor Nott's usual cheedar crumpet with a horrid smelling cheese from France that Crosby's family sent him as a joke. One thing Nott is not known for is a great sence of smell- one time I sent off a dungbomb in the abandonned classroom next door and Nott didn't even notice the smell as others were running out of his room, covering their noses, tears in their eyes.

So it was all set. Hopefully the cheese was potent enough he'd taste it, and then we'd all get to watch his hilarious reaction.

Right after lunch, class starts. I was tingling in my seat from anticipation.

We had to wait a few minutes for things to get started, he wouldn't break out the crumpet untill at least the middle of class. As usual, I was paired up with my all year long partner Crosby.

"Okay," Professor Nott chirped "Today we will be drafting a Bundimun Pomade. If made correctly, and diluted to the right amount, it is quite useful for getting rid of dandruff. I warn all of you to be careful with the live Bundimuns that I will be handing out. They are a dangerous magical fungus that can secrete a highly corrosive acid that will burn if it touches bare skin. That is I required everyone to bring their dragon skin gloves to class today, you will be wearing them the whole time for safety. You have 45 minutes, good luck."

Across the room, I could hear the tiny 2nd year Alexa Potter snicker. Of course, it was quite ridiculous, why are we wasting our potion time on dandruff pomade? At least we had our little heist to lighten up class.

Crosby and I got to work on our pomade, which was turning out dreadfully. Crosby had already managed to burn a large whole in the wood countertop from Bundimun acid, and our cauldron smelled of rotting eggs while producing a nasty black smoke. Nott walked by and made a "tsk, tsk" sound, but turned his back and didn't say anything else as he carried along with his check. Then Crosby motioned at him excitedly, he had pulled out his crumpet!

We watched silently as he made his way over to partners McMahon and Potter's cauldron.

"Now now," Nott said, loud enough that those surrounding their table could hear "you need to crush the Bundimuns, not slice. Here, like this-" his hands swept over to the table where their knife was, but he paused to take the first bite of his crumpet, Crosby gripped my shoulder in excitement.

When he started to chew all seemed well, but in just a few seconds his expression turned sour. Then- the unexpected happened.

"He's choking to death!" Yelled out Potter, and she was right, caught by the horrid taste of the cheese, the professor had accidentally swallowed it too quickly, now he was making a loud hacking sound and grasping the work table as his knees buckled. The whole classes eyes focused on him. "Somebody do something!"

And just like that, Potter's partner, Dinah McMahon lunged and started preforming the heimlich on Nott. After a few good tries, Nott finally coughed out the crumpet.  It soared through the air, flying, soaring over bemused student's heads, landing in Elena Griffiths cauldron on the other side of the room.

Apparently, stinky French cheese doesn't mix with bundimun secretion, because a second later there was a loud rumbling sound and out of the corner of my eye I saw Elena's cauldron explode. All. Over. Students near ground zero started screaming, sheilding their faces from the acidic solution. Griffith's herself ducked under the counter, but not before getting doused in bundimun juice. Smoke started to rise from the covered fixtures, and from students who had gotten a sprinkling.

Professor Nott, who hand only just recovered from his near death experience stood up straight started yelling.

"WHAT- WHY- WHO- EVERYONE GET AWAY FROM THAT CAULDRON AND GO TO THE SHOWERING STATION IMEDIETLY! GO GO GO!" Over 15 terrified students, including Griffiths, made a mad dash over to the Ministry of Magic regulated showers in the back of the classroom, supposed to be there for times like these when you want to get chemicals that could potentially burn your face off, well, off of you. People started cramming their way into the small shower, quite a site seeing as only about three people could fit in it comfortably. I sat frozen in my seat, while glancing at Crosby, who looked merely amused, and maybe a bit surprised. That whole explosion thing wasn't exactly supposed to happen.

"EVERYONE ELSE STAY WHERE YOU ARE." Nott's shocked/confused expression turned into pure rage. "WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS‽" His eyes darted around the classroom. From behind I heard a someone shout,

"It was Greenbelt and Crosby! I saw them sneaking in that godawful smelly cheese this morning!"

I whipped around, to see the Hufflepuff student Bletchly pointing at us, slimy git. 

"Why I ever," Griffiths bursted out of the shower, soaking wet with an angry scowl on her face. She marched toward us "Greenbelt and Crosby you're going to get it!" She says, whipping out her wand and as quick as that sends a hex straight towards us. I ducked, but Crosby isn't as fast and it hit him straight in the chest, knocking him out of his chair on to the floor. Retaliating, Crosby clammered to grab his wand and sent one in Griffiths direction, but hit McMahon instead.

"HEY!" She yelled, as she stumbled to get back up, blindly sending a spell of her own near us, but since Crosby is already down, and I ducked again, it hit Bletchly behind us. It spread like wildfire and soon everyone casts spells through out the room. Professor Nott, who is shouting for people to stop through the yells of students, blares of safety alarms, and blasts of hexes, is hit himself, by Potter who was trying to aim for me. Wide eyed, she backed up and took cover under another work table.

Suddenly everyone is caught off guard when an ear splitting siren sound made its way into their eardrums. Some even drop their wands and cover their ears in pain.

"ENOUGH!" Professor Nott yelled, holding up his wand which was still flashing from making those loud noises. The room became dead silent as he peered around.

"Greenbelt, Crosby, dentention." My stomach sank, detention? I do pull tricks a lot, but rarely do I ever actually get caught. He paused and thought, then looked over at Griffiths in the carnage. "Griffiths, you too. Plus Potter and McMahon. I will see you all after school to give you your punishment. And everyone else, since we obviously don't have enough time to finish our pomades, class dismissed."

So that is how we all ended up where we are now. At least we weren't assigned to clean up our mess by hand, but Nott was still very toxic looking as he sent us off to Longbottom for plant sorting.

Now, where we we? Oh that's right, Griffith was getting her nose bitten off by a Mandrake. Right, so, it latched itself onto her face, screaming mad (we were still wearing our protective goggles so thankfully no one fainted) and Griffiths howled like a werewolf on full moon. If it wasn't so painful looking, her reaction would've been hilarious, she started screaming at the top of her lungs as it flopped around still holding on. McMahon, who was the closest to her, grabbed a long wormwood root and started beating the bloody mandrake off her face.

It eventually fell off, Professor Longbottom lunged and tried to catch the thing, but it picked itself off the dirt floor and wriggled it's way out of the green house through the loose overlapping panels by the door. I wrestled off my earmuffs and glanced over at Elena who way gripping the bridge of her nose, dripping crimson colored blood. As the professor helped her stop the bleeding, I looked over at Crosby and Potter, who were on my left.

"Today just keeps getting stranger and stranger." Peter noted. I nodded, no questioning that. I sigh.

"Well," I said, rolling my shoulders a few times "guess it's time for us to catch a Mandrake. Before, you know, it knocks out half of the school from it's shrieking." Potter and Crosby nodded in agreement. Without waiting for an okay from Longbottom, we put our earmuffs back on and ran out of the green house in search of the mandrake that got away.

A/N: Took awhile for me to connect everyone to the crime :) Emerson and Peter pulled the prank, Elena was the first to cast a hex, Alexes hit Nott with a hex, and Dinah hit Bletchly. The rest kind of just got away with it XD Also, anyone like my use of the interrobang... eh eh eh? ;) Well, I'm out, that was too tiring.

Twinktoes87

~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~

Copy and paste this if you support the LGBT community and their rights

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our STARS
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

~Cassius, Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)

frequent_contributor

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 pm
OKEY NAO MESSUG *sprinks with magical modding dust* APPEAR! *poof*

new

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:47 am

Oh, gosh, is it my turn already?

*sigh*

So, I promise I'll have my chapter up by Thursday at the latest, so that we can continue this awesome idea!

Everyone who has gone so far has been absolutley amazing, and I can't wait to see where this story takes us!

~Nicole, who now has to begin typing her chapter...

frequent_contributor

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:25 am
No comments on my chapter? Awww I was so excited to hear what you had to say *nudge nudge*

Twinktoes87

~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~

Currently Listening To: "Scheherazade, Op. 35: I. The Sea and Sinbad's Ship", Rimsky-Korsakov

You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything

~Fall For Anything, The Script

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 pm
It's fine Nicole, no pressure, take your time :) (OMGpostsoonican'twaittoreadyourchapter!)
Also, Katherine, you did a great job! Hm... *observes Twink with her magnifying glass* That's a hidden talent here... you should write more! (on this board)

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Wait, we were supposed to comment on the chapters?!?! Dang it. Okay. They're both really good, don't get me wrong, because you both have these awesome "in the moment" writing styles that trounce mine. :P

~Lauren

new

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Ok, so I know this is long overdue, but between baseball playoffs and summer camp and THG related plays, I honestly haven't had a free minute. So, this part is probably going to be some of my worst writing ever, and I'm not generally a humourous writer, but I did try, and I hope you guys enjoy it!

<

> PART 3 (ALEXA)

Now first, I have to admit I’m a bit squeamish about blood. So when that Mandrake almost bit off Elena Griffiths nose, I was just about ready to faint. And then, of course, everyone suggested we go and find the bloody creature, and since I didn’t want them all to classify me as weak, which I am certainly not (how many Gryffindor second-years do you find in an advanced Potions class?), I was just about dragged along against my will to find that plant before it could do any more harm. As we reached the school, the six of us, that is, Emerson Greenbelt, Peter Crosby, Dinah McMahon, Elena Griffiths and me, as well as Professor Longbottom, decided to split up. Emerson and Dinah went to search the Charms Corridor, and Professor Longbottom offered to walk Elena to the infirmary and look there, so I was stuck with Peter Crosby, a notorious troublemaker and a Slytherin.

“C’mon kid.” Peter grumbled, then slouched off down the hallway. “Let’s check the Great Hall.”

I had no choice to follow behind him, so, feeling very awkward, I began to search the room.

“Hey, do you like One Direction?” I asked curiously. “Cause I love them! My favourite song is ‘One Thing’, but a lot of people like ‘That’s What Makes You Beautiful’ better, which I, quite frankly, do not get, because it’s so overplayed, but ‘One Thing’ isn’t! Hey, isn’t that funny? ‘One Thing’, One Direction, get it? And of course, they’re from Britain as well, which is awesome because then they probably know all about Big Ben and the London Bridge and since I know about them too, we’ll have so much in common if I ever meet them, and…oooh! They’ll probably know all about the Olympics as well! Maybe they’ve even met some Olympians! And then maybe…”

“Kid!” Peter said in exasperation. “I hate One Direction, alright! Now be quiet! You’re scaring off everything within ten miles!”

We were almost finished searching by now, so I paused and stared at him uncomprehendingly. “But you can’t hate One Direction!” I said passionately. “They’re like, the best band ever! And Harry Styles is in it! Isn’t that such a cool name? Harry Styles? Maybe he’s named after Harry Potter! That would be so awesome, wouldn’t it? But then, there’s also…”

I didn’t have time to continue, because just then Dinah and Emerson joined us, both of them looking downcast.

“The mandrake’s not in the Charms corridor.” Dinah said. “And we ran into Professor Longbottom on the way back; he got all the Professors to look, and there’s nothing yet.”

“Yes, but the professors would only look in the areas that they had easy access to.” Emerson pointed out. “We have to search the areas they wouldn’t dare search- the forbidden areas.”

“But… but… they’re forbidden for a reason!” Dinah practically shrieked. “Don’t you remember what happened when Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger went into the third floor corridor?”

“Well, they ended up stopping Lord Voldemort from taking the Philosopher’s Stone, for starters.” Peter said sarcastically. “I agree with Greenbelt. Let’s go.”

We had just rounded the first corner and were about to head downstairs when Elena rushed up to us, her nose now wrapped in a heavy bandage that made it sound like she had a cold.

“Dank goobness you all are dere!” She said. “I dust hearb Professor Nott talking, he saib dat dhey saw the Dandrabe in the Potions boom.”

“From what I understood,” Dinah said excitedly, “We need to get down to the Potions room right now!”

“Do! Do!” Elena screamed, flinging herself in front of us. “Professor Nott saib dat dere will de a sbell do…”

“Oh, ok.” I said, understanding now. “We have to avoid Professor Nott, right?”

Everyone seemed pleased with my translation, so we all headed down to the Potions room.

When we arrived, the place was in utter chaos. The Mandrake was running around, knocking over potions and vials, three cauldrons were oozing onto the floor, and all of the showers at the back of the room were on.

“Ok.” Dinah said, creeping behind the creature. “I’ll freeze it, and then…”

But whatever we were supposed to do, I never heard. Because just then, the Mandrake knocked over a potion for quick growth, and our tiny little problem suddenly became bigger. A whole lot bigger. The Mandrake, which used to be no larger than my hand, was now an eight-foot tall monster with teeth that looked like they could chomp a lot more than just your nose.

“We have to get out of here!” I shouted, as the boys drew their wands and began to cast spells at the creature, to no avail.

“Do!” Elena shouted. “We’re drappeb!” “What?” Peter yelled.

Elena yanked off the bandage, paying no attention to the stream of blood that came gushing out of her nose. “I said, we’re trapped!” She screamed. “Professor Nott said that he was going to cast a spell to keep the Mandrake from exiting the dungeons! He said that nothing would be able to get out!”

“So that means we’re stuck in here.” Emerson said. “With an eight-foot tall killer Mandrake.”

“Well,” I said, drawing out my own wand. “There’s only one thing left to do.”

“What?” Dinah asked.

“RUN!” I yelled, and we all bolted away, the Mandrake in hot pursuit.

<

> So, that's my part! Take it away, Lauren!

~Nicole, who can't wait to read this whole thing once it's finished!

regular_visitor

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:50 am

@Twinktoes: 'K, you can have a comment from moi... My favourite part had to be the little rewind thing you pulled off. The detail of it was also nice, and the length (unlike mine. XD). It's great, don't you worry.

And now for something off-topic! So, I really, really don't mean to intrude, pry or stick my nose in anything but... how's that Battle Wrecked fanfic coming along? I bet a lot of other people are wondering as well. I'm really excited to see what you do with all those characters.

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Okay--I'll get mine in soon. I haven't been able to get on the site for days and I'm behind on reading and posting. I'll get back with it ASAIC (as soon as I can!)

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 pm
Nicole, Alexa's chapter was very good! And you got her character very, very well and everything's just so animated and I love how this is going so far!
Look at it! Three chapters written from the POV of 3 totally different characters with great mastery. Couldn't be anything but awesome
We should do more with these five! :)

new

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:00 pm

*sigh* Every time I come on here, I want to reply about the two AWESOME parts before mine, and every single time I forget! But... I remember now, so here is my very-much delayed praise for you two amazing writers!

<

> @ Sammy- It's not easy going first, but you did a fantastic job! Elena's POV was so funny and incredibly realistic, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to start this off!

@ Twinktoes- Your whole chapter was awesome! It must have been really hard to get all of the characters to be related to the crime, but you did it in a flawless way that I can't help but envy!

@ Both of you- Thank you for describing Alexa so well! You both completley captured her eagerness and innocence perfectly! I really enjoyed reading how you guys perceived everyone else's characters!

<

> So now, this is for everyone, in response to Hippolyte's comment about how we should do more with these five... which got me thinking, what could we do with these five? I mean, they're all well-developed characters, and it would be a shame for them to only appear once in this exersize, so I was thinking (and this is just an idea, you are in no means subjected to agree), that we should transfer this into something fan-fic length, and keep rotating perspectives the whole time! (ie: When Anna ends her chapter, it just goes back to Sammy). What do you guys think?

<

> ~Nicole =)

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

--Kay, NOW I'll post mine:

Part Four: Peter

Let's recap: I was in detention (no surprise), with a bunch of people involved in this mandrake ordeal (Greenbelt, Potter, McMahon, and...Griffiths, yeah).

But the little mandrake problem became a big mandrake problem. And not a bigger problem, a bigger mandrake.

So we're running for our lives, Griffiths' noise is bleeding, McMahon thinks she has everything under control, Potter is freaking out about Griffiths' nose, and I'm pretty sure Greenbelt and I are racing each other.

"Freezing is not going to work!" McMahon yelps.

"Really? I couldn't tell!" I pant, trying to run faster.

"Now is not the time for sarcasm, Peter!" Potter says.

"If now isn't, then there's never a time for it!" Greenbelt uncharacteristically defends.

"We have to distract it somehow!" Dinah shouts.

"Who's good at distracting things?" I bellow. For some reason, I look back at Elena Griffiths. She stops in her tracks. A drop or two of blood falls down the front of her robes.

Now everyone is looking at Elena.

"LOOK OUT!" Alexa screams. She swings her wand like a cricket bat and a volley of sparks shoots out. It smashes into the mandrakes face. It sort of melts and sags.

Elena runs over to us.

She pinches her nose. "Why are you all looging at me?" she asks.

I get a wry grin. "Elena...how good are you at distracting?"

She puts one hand on her hip. "Not bery gooh. 'Specially condidering you did dis do me."

"She has a point," I say. I glance over at the mandrake. It's blind, temporarily. That might buy us enough time. "Greenbelt, come with me." A plan forms in my head.

"What are you thinking, Crosby?" he asks.

"I'm thinking we need to use some fireworks to get this mandrake subdued."

"Subdued or barbecued? Nott might want this thing back alive."

"Or he might not," I say, grinning.

Greenbelt gives me a blank look.

"Yeah, okay, nevermind. Um." I look back over at the girls. Dinah is playing the role of 'Don't Ask, I Have Everything Under Control' again.

"I've got it!" I exclaim.

The mandrake roars and rubs his eyes clean.

"Hurry!" Alexa screams.

"All right--"

"No time!" Greenbelt jerks me out of the way as the mandrake stumbles forward. It lurches around us and we have no time anymore. We're going to die, probably.

And I never got to tell Daphne Ericson that I kinda, sorta, liked her.

Then Dinah stands bolt upright.

"EVERYONE! Follow me!"

I gotta go. Take it, Anna!

~Lauren

regular_visitor

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:43 pm
@Lauren: loved it! The fact that you scaled up tension pretty well in yours makes me all giddy and excited for the end!

@Nicole: sure, why not? There's lots of things we can do with these fictional peeps! In fact, I'm already planning another scenario we can all work with... but until Anna posts the last part, it's confiscated. :D

regular_contributor

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:27 pm
Oooo-oh my GodricsHollow... *trembles* It's already my turn and I hath no ideath on what to write!!1!
I'll take thome time (not much) to think of it and then I'll come back with the epicness!

@Nicole: Actually I think we'd better finish THIS story now and then go on to other progects with these five... and maybe ask other peoples to add their characters, too. *shrugs* As I don't know what Lauren, Kate and Sammy think, I'd try to end Dinah's POV in a way that CAN be an end, but might as well be a middle chapter, just in case we decide not to finish it.

frequent_contributor

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:33 am
GAISE. WE SHOULD KEEP GOING. THIS IS TOO GOOD TO END IN FIVE CHAPTERS, LET'S MAKE IT 10 SHALL WE?

YO I'M HAVING AN AU FFICTION CONTEST ON THE FFICTION BOARD G
frequent_contributor

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:12 am
Hey guys, I just posted a thread on the Fanfiction, write yourself in board for an Alternate Universe Fanfiction contest, if you guys could check it out and maybe enter that would be great :) I would link you but we can't right now so if you could take the time to look for it (I don't know if it will be moderated by the time you see this message but still try). I would appreciate it, plus there are prizes oooooh. Including a free commission for one shot story of your choice (bwahaha, I know you can use that for evil, I will do any type, romance, parody, angst, you name it) and a line-free signature. :) So please go check it out and enter. I know all of you guys could easily win but you have to enter first, thanks!

~Twinktoes87

☜«´¯`•.¸¸.° I would call you a genius except I'm in the room... °.¸¸.•´¯`»☞

~The 10th Doctor, The Age of Steel~

visitor

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm
Hi Twinktoes87,

You are allowed to post links to pages inside The Stacks, so posting a link to another post is ok.

-Moderator Brian

frequent_contributor

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:45 pm
@Mod. Brian: I know we're allowed to, but recently I haven't been since they didn't work (board problems I guess), although I'm trying again and it seems they work now, so thanks!
But the thread isn't up yet so I can't post a link right now.

«´¯`.¸¸.°¤Twinktoes87¤°.¸¸.´¯`»

ProuSupporteothRainbow

☜«´¯`•.¸¸.° I would call you a genius except I'm in the room... °.¸¸.•´¯`»☞

~The 10th Doctor, The Age of Steel~

new

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am

@ Twink- Yeah, let's go for 10 parts! We can figure out what to do next when we get there!

~Nicole =)

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:40 pm
@Everyone doing this: Sure! Let's go for 10 parts!

I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SO TERRIBLY LATE! But I don't really feel guilty because, all due modesty, I like how it turned out, and I wouldn't have the idea if I had written it earlier ;)

PART FIVE
Dinah

Of course this was the first time I got detention. Maybe I didn't made it to the Prefect position but, at least, I can be sure I've been a consideration, as I've never been involved in any form of trouble or detention.

Until now, at least.

Alright, it wasn't even my fault! Just because I (acting 100% in self defence) threw a spell that hit the wrong person (ugh-uh, Bletchly, Nott's pet of a student) had to get detention with infamous Crosby (who I was aiming for), another Slytherin, Emerson Greenbelt, fellow Ravenclaw Elena Gryffiths and Alexa Potter, a 2nd year One-Directioner... err, I mean, Gryffindor.

It wasn’t that bad. Right when I was assuring myself that having some fun by pulling pranks around might actually be a little fun to consider, the one incident lead to the other and here we are now, running for our lives in the endless Hogwarts dungeons, chased by a giant Mandrake and with no way getting out.

And you know what? I was supposed to lead the group! I had a brainstorm back in the Potions class, which failed me only seconds afterwards: my plan was to bewitch the armours to defend us from the giant evil baby plant, so I told everyone to follow me outside, and they did (running for our lives, with the Mandrake following us) but I almost immediately understood that this would be a difficult task for a wizard of advanced level, let alone five schoolkids.

"What's the PLAN?" Greenbelt asks as we turn a corner

"There's no plan! My original idea can't be done!" I scream back, almost hysterically

Greenbelt says something, but as it wasn't a compliment, it's a good thing I couldn't hear him. On the meanwhile, Elena keeps throwing counter-curses over her shoulder to the Mandrake, Alexa tries to fix Elena's nose while running with the rest of us and Crosby confesses his love to Daphne Ericson. We must something to prevent ourselves from reaching insanity.

Right then, Elena actually throws a hex over her shoulder, unfortunately missing the Mandrake and hitting an armour instead, which collapses with a chill-giving shatter. But this gives me a new, better idea.

"Hey--guys!" I say as our paces become slower and our breaths heavier "Throw-armoires-down-behind-you!"
What follows is a chaos of metal shattering against stone, as we hex the armours we pass by like there's no tomorrow.

The good news: they don't only slow the Mandrake down, he's hit by quite a few of them, and is knocked down.
We are quick to realize this. Relief washes all over us, and we start cheering and clapping and we even stop to shake hands and congratulate each other. Crosby is joking and acting like it was all a safe joke all along, Alexa is crying from joy and hugging everyone, Elena looks pleased with herself and Greenbelt looks more tolerant with everyone.

The bad news: seconds later, we realize we're at a dead end.

Hysterical joy becomes hysterical, well, screaming and I have to admit I was a willing participant at this.

“SHUT UP AND LISTEN!” It was Alexa who said that, and I was so shocked to hear her shout like this I actually did shut up.

"We'd better get past it. It's still unconscious." She says. Everyone stares at her. My stomach is still a knot, but I have to admit, I never expected Alexa to suggest such a crazy idea.

"And then what, kiddo?" Elena asks whose nose has, at least, stopped bleeding.

"Then we can go to the Slytherin Common room!" Greenbelt bursts out. Another shock.

"Yeah!" says Crosby, looking disappointed he didn't thought is himself “That’d be safer!"

The idea of walking pass the Mandrake makes me so afraid, I can do nothing but shake my head.

The rest have already agreed, though, and immediately bring their arguments.

"Why not?"

"Are you afraid of, what, Slytherin?"

"Do you have anything better to suggest, smarty-pants?"

“Do you have anything against the plan, to start with?”

"Do you have anything against One Direction, to start with?"

Maybe I should have agreed at the beginning: if I had, we would’ve already been away by the time the Mandrake woke up

Obviously, though, we weren’t: throwing the armours off its back, it slowly stood back on its feet, at the other edge of the narrow corridor. At least, we all have the good sense not to make a sound.

“Duck! Over here!” Elena whispers to us through her teeth and very slowly, we all hide behind a column.

But the Mandrake seems to be too dizzy: it makes a few steps towards our direction, which are enough to cover the long distance between it and us, but seems unable to see anything clearly.

Now it is enough close we can almost touch it, not that we’d risk it.

“Hex it?” Crosby whispers

“Yeah…” Alexa says under her breath. I fix my eyes on her, like everyone else. She seems uncomfortable to have the lead, but goes on anyway “A-at the count of three?” she asks.

We all nod. “One”

Elena aims at the huge baby Mandrake. We mimic her. “Two” she says.

“THREE!” Crosby and Alexa yell.

“STUPEFY!”

“REDACTUM SKULLUS!”

“LOCOMOTOR WIBBLY!”

“IMPEDIMENTA!”

“LEVICORPUS!”

The five different spells successfully find their target, which is knocked off its feet and collapses against the wall.

But the results are much more harmful than we’d expect: instead of just crashing against the wall, the Mandrake actually breaks the wall in a thousand pieces as it falls against it.

Before we could even realize what was going on, we were blown off our feet by the strength of the crash.

"Gerrof me!" I hear a voice from below, and the next moment a pair of hands shoves me away. Crosby. Apparently, I had landed on him.

"Sorry!" I say. With much difficulty, I manage to stand up. Debris is everywhere, we are all covered in A-Thousand-Or-More-Year-Old dust and, worse of all, the Mandrake lies dead and deformed, under the last pieces of the wall.

“Now we’ve really done it. We’re dead like our buddy here.” Elena remarks, nodding to… our buddy there. Whenever Nott and Longbottom wanted the Mandrake alive, though, we weren’t going to find out in due curse.

“Hey, hang on a minute.” Crosby says “The walls aren’t that weak, are they?”

“You mean that…” Greenbelt begins, and I’m suddenly sure both troublemakers are thinking the same thing.

“It’s not a wall!” shouts Crosby in enthusiasm (where did he pulled the enthusiasm from, after being and about to get into so much trouble, I do not know) “It’s a PASSAGE!”

Alexa, Elena and I stare gaping as the boys Lumos and Lumos Maximums the dark dudgeon.

And it turns out they were right. At the dim wand light, we can clearly see that where the wall had been minutes ago, stands a gaping entrance to a dark and –obviously- abandoned secret passageway.

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 pm
omg anna i love you secret passage way THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC :D Sammy it's your turn again... and then me, eek I'm so excited where this is going.

regular_contributor

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:31 am
Half my post is on Italics.
THAT'S what I call pure genius!
PEOPLE COMMENT ON IT!

regular_visitor

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:12 am
Don't worry everyone, my chapter's surprisingly easy to write for some reason, so it should be up soon!

@Hippolyte: Your part = awesomesauce! The fact that it was also delightfully fast-paced gives me a chance to change things up, write at a slower tempo, etc. I'm lovin' this, so thanks for bringing up the idea in the first place! :)

regular_visitor

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 am

Well, 10 parts it is! Tally-ho! Sally forth! Geronimo Stilton!

PART SIX (Elena)

First off, the smell coming out from this place could've killed us all if it weren't for Crosby, of all people. He found a couple of potion that could be sprayed around to repel the stench. The apple-esque scents that replaced said stench was oddly refreshing. Add in the fact that we could all cast Lumos/Lumos Maxima pretty decently, and this should've been a walk in the park.

Apparently, even a safe journey back to the school grounds with no trouble whatsoever is too much to ask.

Beside me, Greenbelt stumbled, landing on his knees. When I stopped to pull him back up he muttered, "Didn't need your help back there."

I snorted at his "gratitude," seeing it coming a mile away. "So you meant to do that?" I asked. "That's genius."

Potter and Crosby chuckled to themselves a little, while McMahon stayed quiet, leading us through. What seemed like a stuffy, revolting mini tunnel which we could barely fit in at first kept proving to be something else entirely. All of a sudden I could hear something rushing past us at dangerous speeds. The further down we went the louder it became. I was even starting to worry that it might somehow crash down us. And just in case it did, I had my wand out, recalling as many warding spells as possible.

"You guys hear that?" Alexa asked. "Are those... pipes?"

Dinah stopped to put her ear to the tunnel wall for a moment. "Yep," she said. "All the water we use has to go somewhere."

Peter seemed to ponder this a little. "What about the water from the lake?"

"That could work, too," Emerson said, nodding.

Alexa widened her eyes. "Whoa. We're under the lake? I don't know if I should think that's really cool or kinda scary..."

"You're gonna have to think on your own time. Let's get going," I urged.

Sometimes the water in the pipes would get so loud I almost crept myself out thinking I was suddenly mute. I couldn't hear myself, nor could I hear anyone or anything else but the constant rush of water.

The darkness grew, hanging over and around us like a thick, heavy cloud bent on suffocating us all. The stench was becoming less lethal, but we were low on perfume half an hour later. During our little tunnel crawl, said tunnel gradually shrunk to the point where I had to be squished and dragged face-first against the walls just to fit with the others, which were clammy and full of grime.

And then, we had to squeeze through a ridiculously small hole in order to keep going. Of course, it wouldn't have been half as dreadful if everyone knew what "one at a time" meant:

"AGH! Whoever you are, get your hand off my butt!"

"Alexa, you're practically sitting on me!"

"Ow, ow... OW! Who's trying to pull my leg out of its socket?!"

"Your breath smells pretty bad for a girl, Dinah..."

"TAKE THAT BACK!!! TAKE! THAT! BACK!"

Attempting to push everyone else through that stupid hole was not good for one's spine. My head, though, was spinning at the speed of a hurricane; I could barely breathe. My awkward position (on top of Greenbelt while facing Alexa's behind) contributed the most to my problem. I kept on pushing anyway, even when I was sure that my face would just turn a nice deep purple before exploding into tiny Elena-bits sooner than if I didn't. Luckily, Greenbelt got the idea of what I was trying (and failing horribly) to do, and he started aiding me enough that we heard Crosby whooping for joy outside. Dinah was finally worming out, as well. I had difficulties pushing Alexa out, but it was worth getting the chance to get out, following Emerson (who was never a "ladies first" kind of guy anyway).

"This... doesn't feel or look like a tunnel anymore," I croaked out while squirming out of the hole at disappointing speed. Apparently everyone's surroundings were so much more important than the girl stuck behind them that by the time I got out no one seemed to notice that I landed on my face. What the...? Is my nose starting to bleed again?!

They had all relit their wands, looking up and beyond somewhere I couldn't quite see myself. That was, until I caught up with them several feet away.

"Aren't secret passageways supposed to lead to places that are safe?" Crosby said.

I, however, was gawking at the sheer size of it. The main path forked into two different directions, as if to frustrate me for the fun of it. We were standing on a stone platform, surrounded by water from the smell of it, which was also being poured down from all sides. The chamber was awfully damp, making me occasionally slip over the wet floor. Now and then one of us would think they saw a huge rat or spider creeping around in the dark. There was no comfort, no safety to be found here.

Save for a tiny ray of light dead ahead.

"Do we now just... follow the light and pray no one dies horribly?" Alexa asked, nervously rocking on her heels.

Dinah opened her mouth, likely to say something ridiculously over-the-top, only to shut it back closed and form an expression that said, "We. Are. Screwed." Sadly, if we didn't play our cards right in this place, she'd be correct. Even more sadly, us Ravenclaws enjoy being correct, but the possibility of being correct about our deaths... yeah.

Emerson shrugged. "If it worked for people in stories, it can work for us, right?" He turned to the forked paths, crossing his arms. After taking an abnormal amount of time just sniffing everything he said, "The left one doesn't smell as bad..."

"When all else fails, ladies," Peter added, "always follow your noses. Gets me out of all sorts of troubles."

I snorted. "Probably developed your 'advice' from sniffing your pits too much, am I right?"

I smiled devilishly when I saw his face turn tomato red. "W-who cares where it came from?! It's still legit!"

Dinah and Emerson simply shook their heads while Alexa very, very, very unnecessarily added, "Hey, that reminds me of this guy around my age I saw at a park last summer. He wasn't just smelling his pits, though; he was also - "

"TOO MUCH INFO!" we all cried, plugging our fingers in our ears.

"And you all think I'm the easily-freaked-out person in the group..."

I was mumbling a small prayer of thanks and relief when we moved on from that. The more time we were spending here, the more convinced I was in that this place was starting to bring out the worst in all of us.

I'm still very surprised at myself, bringing out a chapter this fast (I have too much time on my hands, LOL). Nonetheless, feel free to comment, especially on the ending, which I feel I've done nicely for once.

Katherine's turn, now! :D

regular_contributor

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Why... *humble bow fail* Thank you gals! Now that I re-read it... I like it, but I thought it was much, much bigger the first time I read it, before posting it.
Major past/present tense fail as well, but oh welll :)
OMG SAMMY POST YOUR OWN CHAPTER NOOOOOOW!!!21!
Yay!
~An (crazy hyper, lolz)

new

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok, I haven't posted a comment for Parts 4, 5 and 6, so now I feel really bad...

Anyways, all of the chapters were amazing! I really love the secret passage thing as well, and the way the story is taking off... wow.

This almost feels like a collaborative fanfiction!

~Nicole =)

regular_contributor

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 pm
Oooh, Sammy, hats off to you! I agree, I especially love the ending :D Love it and this story, lolz

frequent_contributor

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:57 pm
accckk my turn already is it?

well okay. after this episode of doctor who
...maybe

new

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 am
*virtually runs in* What did I miss??? It's been a long time!!! :eek:
Oh, and yeah, I'm Fairyemerald31, or Melanie{my real name} :grin:
I FINISHED THE DEATHLY HALLOWS ON STAURDAY!!!!!!!!! I am also a Ravenclaw. :mrgreen:

regular_contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am
@Melanie: Hey! Welcome back! You've missed this thing that's currently waiting for Katherine to update *glares at Katherine- oh, no pressure sis* BUT WE'RE GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK! *hug* *chocolate cake as a welcome-back gift* Hope you have good timez here!

frequent_contributor

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm
OH NO I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS FRED AND GEORGE IM SO SORRY O_O ack guys, sorry, time got away from me...

regular_visitor

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:47 am
Soooo... anybody here? O_o Cause all I'm getting now is crickets. Crickets everywhere. *cricket*

new

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:32 am
*shooes away all of the crickets that have gathered here*
WHAT? MY POOR BABY- IT'S DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously people, this place is DEAD. Someone else come over here and add some excitement to the place again!
Anyways, I was just looking through the old posts here and I realized... our one-year-aversary is on October 25th!
In lieu of that, I would like everyone to please complete the questions they originally filled out the first time they came onto The Elephant House. I'll do mine first...

What is your name? Nicole/Colie Bear, and now apparently AwesomeKoalaBear20!
What State/Province do you live in? Still in Canada, last time I checked. =)
What is your favorite colour(s)?: Purple and aqua.
How old are you? 13
What are you currently writing? Nothing at the moment... all of my fanfics have kind of been abandoned and I'm just doing prep for NaNoWriMo, but as soon as November 1st rolls around, I'll be writing like mad!
How long have you been on The Stacks? That's a tough question... I think I originally joined July 2011, but then I left for a bit, and then my profile got reset when the boards got updated, and then I left again... so I really don't know!
What is your favorite HP book? Order of the Pheonix! Some things never change...

Oh my gosh, I missed this forum so much! It took all my willpower not to come on, although I would occasionally let myself read all of the fanfics... but I also really missed you guys! You always were so supportive of my writing and of me in general *tackles everyone in giant group hug* but I'm back now, and am SOOOO happy about it!

~Nicole, who hopes people reply to this...

regular_contributor

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH, I know, I haven't been here in forever. *begins CPR on the Elephant House* LIVE! LIVE! *runs off to get medical device; those, uh...those shock pad things that you...do you know what I'm talking about? Because I have no idea what they're called* CLEAR! *Zzzzztttztzttztz*

TA-DA! Totally worked! It's alive again!

What is your name? Tony. It's totally Tony. No, just kidding. It's Lauren. Also known as TheaterChik. Or Tony.

What state/province do you live in? Illinois.

What is your favorite color? Purple. Sometimes it's gray, though, because gray is amazing.

How old are you? I'm old at 15 years old. ...Yeah. I think I'm the oldest stacker here.

What are you currently writing? The Werewolf's Best Friend, which is about a girl who discovers her best friend is a werewolf and vows to protect him. I have no fan fic at the moment. I'm prepping for A Dark Intention, which is my NaNoWriMo novel.

How long have you been on the stacks? Since August 2010. Again, showing mah age.

What is your favorite HP book? Goblet of Fire.

Replying! Yaaaay. Replying is cool.

~Lauren

~Tony ^.^

regular_visitor

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 am
EEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!! YOU'RE BACK! AND YOU'RE RIGHT! We must resurrect this thread! Somehow! Hopefully! I'll do mine right now, too, since it'll pop up the next day.

Name: EyeOfTheAbyss_12/Samantha/Sammy, whatever works for ya.
State/Province/Etc.: Yep, I'm still here in Canada, too. (high five!)
Fave colour(s): Currently undecided.
What are you currently writing? While I'm not doing NaNoWriMo (I've been having more plot/character problems and distractions than there are stars in the sky, I swear), I just began a new fanfic (The Myles Incident)! You can check it out and tell me what you think! :)
How long have you been on the STACKS? Late July 2010
Fave Harry Potter Book? Deathly Hallows.

AND, WE HAVE TO GET BACK TO THAT WRITING THINGY WE WERE DOING! WE MUST! THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES! (unless no one feels like doing it anymore, in which case I'll be one sad, sad panda) Like, if we can at least wrap it up at 10 parts (we've already done six)...
*hugs back* It's really, really great to see you on this board, too.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 am

What is your name? You can call me by my pen name,Ebba!
What State/Province do you live in? Quebec,Canada.
What is your favorite colour(s)? Purple,teal,lime green,forest green,T.A.R.D.I.S. blue!!!
How old are you? 12
What are you currently writing? I'm co-writing a novel (Ok,novel/graphic novel,thanks to my co-author!) about a martial arts tournament. I'm also working on an AU fanfic.
How long have you been on The Stacks? Well,I've had this account since 2011,but I had another account before this (do ask me what- I haven't the fainest idea!) so,in all honesty, I have no idea.
What is your favorite HP book? Ermmm...I actually haven't finished the series yet *Throws hands up in defense* It's not my fault some guy is lat returning the ONLY copy of The Half Blood Prince...

new

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:09 pm

@ Sammy- I agree, we need to get back to that story thing! We were at Katherine's turn, I think...
@ Lauren- Tony? Somehow I know there's a story behind that... =)
Great to see people using this place again!
~Nicole, who should be doing NaNoWriMo outlines but is choosing to come on here instead...

regular_contributor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:44 pm

@Nicole: There is, actually. My brother and I are bizarrely close and we both love the Avengers so we take to doing these monologues where we pretend to be the Avengers. I almost always end up being Tony because I can emulate his sarcasm and devil-may-care attitude. Sometimes, I also end up being Natasha and Bruce, but Tony most of all. :P

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:24 pm
Yes. We should keep the cafe alive *nods solemnly*

SO LET'S DIVE TO ACTION!

What is your name? I'm Anna. But since many people around have been introducing themselves with male names (Hey, Tony) I'd like you to know that my male name is Mitsos.
What State/Province do you live in? Ich... habite... stin... Greece. (That's what happens when you try to smash four languages in one)
What is your favorite colour(s)?: BLUEZ! Turqoises- these. Abnormal obsession with blue. And that blue-green of the sea. I'm wearing a blouse with that color at the moment, and it's awesome
How old are you? 15 lol
What are you currently writing? Hold your breath, everyone! A novel! A NOVEL! It's called Lionheart. And it's about... heh, you'll see... ;)
How long have you been on The Stacks? Since 13 February 2010- just one day before Saint Valentine's! (Joy...) Translation: Now you don't have an excuse for forgetting my STACKS birthday! Nah, kidding
Fave Harry Potter Book? LES DEATHLY HALLOWS! But I love all the series lol :P

new

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

Speaking of boy names, apparently now I'm Paul. I dunno why, my friends now say that I look like a Paul and henceforth I shall forever be referred to as the great and powerful... Paul. =P
Anyways, it's time pour une questione! (You see my French there?)

QUESTION: How is your NaNoWriMo novel coming along?
Mine's actually coming along a lot better than I thought it would... I'm getting to a point where I'm like "Ohmygod, the last story I got this far on was Becoming Emma (actually, Becoming Emma is the only story I ever actually finished and was proud of). I'm behind on my wordcount though, so meh.

Hope everyone answers the question!
~Nicole, who really should be writing right now but is choosing to procrastinate... as usual...

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:34 am

Awesome! Let's be Ladies-Known-As-Guys or LKAG (pronounced...anyway):

How is my NaNoWriMo novel coming along?

Great! 'Cept I couldn't write on it today. Which wasn't cool at all. I think I got like two hundred words max. But Percival, my protagonist, has his brother named Julian. Right? Okay--well, in the first book, there was this girl named Ophelia and she disappeared. She's resurfaced in this book and Julian falls in love with her. Problem is she's on the "bad side" if we want to use simplest terms.

~Tony

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm
How's your NaNoWriMo novel fanfiction coming along? Not doing NaNoWriMo; just sticking to intense worldbuilding for my novel instead of writing the actual darn prose. I'm weird like that. :P I plan to get at least the current chapter of TMI (The Myles Incident) I'm on and hopefully the next one out of the way this week. Just hope I don't end up pulling a TTUD again, if you know what I mean...

Hm. *light bulb* Somehow this makes me want to ask you guys a question: What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most? What part(s) do you like the least? Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak? The funnest parts for me are characters and thinking up (snarky) dialogue. Plotting's a bit iffy, but I'm never too screwed up. Usually. I really like plans to keep me grounded, but it doesn't mean I'm following to the bitter end. So yeah, I'm on this odd middle ground.

Good luck to everyone doing NaNoWriMo! I think you guys will need it. ;)
- Sam (yes, I'm joining LKAG)

new

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Oh yeah! Let's hear it for LKAG!

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most? What part(s) do you like the least? Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak?
Well, I usually don't have an outline, which is generally why I never end up finishing a story, but for this novel I have a really basic outline, where I only put in major events. My books always seem to have a mind of their own, though, so it's hard to stay on track with my outline. As for parts I love and hate to write... I love to write arguments and conversations with those characters that are always so much fun to write. For instance, in the part I just finished, three of my boy characters are rating girls that pass them on the street. It was really awesome to write because all three of the boys are really different- one's snarky and sarcastic, another's immature and excitable, and the last is a major nerd who barely knows anything about girls. And for scenes I hate... I hate writing romance because I always end up going overboard and making it unrealistic, and battle scenes I always have trouble with as well. Also, I suck at endings.

And now I have another question for everyone here as well...
Who is your favourite character to write in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far?
My favourite character so far has to be Chloe. She's the main character, and it's a fun perspective to write from because every other novel I've ever written, the MC is kind of constructed from the same formula- sweet, caring, brave, ext. This time, however, she's sarcastic and witty and really rude. She's also a bit of a bully and is always getting into trouble. Other than that, I'd say one of the boys, Colin, because he's so cheery and immature that it's so much frun to write things he says.

Hope everyone's novels (or fanfictions) are going great!
~Nicole, who is home sick but happy because that means she can write more!
My wordcount: 16,140/40,000

regular_contributor

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:27 am

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most? What part(s) do you like the least? Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak?

I enjoy snappy dialogue, and I enjoy writing meaningful conversations. I also like trying to write a high tension scene and climaxes. Introductions are awful for me (unless it's essay introductions, then I'd love to write hundreds of those rather than one conclusion--anyway!)

I don't like writing romance because I don't like reading it. The kisses I write are about as awkward as the kisses in North by Northwest. Though, with a couple I have now, I think I'm getting better.

I plan with a vague outline. Right now, my characters are tugging at the reins, wanting to break free of my basic plan. Which I'm okay with, I suppose.

Who is your favorite character to write so far?

Christine Dark OR Lord Morgenstern, both in my League of Alchemists series. They are the most complex characters I have. She is vain, but very, very smart. She is skilled and the girl (I hope) girls will want to imitate someday.

And Lord Morgenstern is also complex. A tragic character, alas. Lost his wife and eight-month-old daughter (who was the only child he and his wife were able to have after...I think like twenty-two years of marriage) to smallpox. He caught it, but didn't die. So he feels like he stole from them.

Ironically, I think my main character is made of cardboard. ...Shame.

~Lauren/Tony

A Supporter of LKAG

regular_visitor

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 am
Who is your favourite character in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far? I got characters for both, haha. For that novel I said I'm still worldbuilding (seriously, it's like what would happen if the Roman Empire was in the tropics and there was magic and spirits. Quite a lot to do. And dragons. Can't forget the dragons. :D), The Magister's Dogma, (LE GASP! I think I'm finally getting better at thinking up cool names!) it's this entrepreneur-in-training called Lilas. She's that really, really quiet, stoic person in the corner, but I plan to have lot of what she says end up funny, anyways. She has a crossbow and is not afraid to use it. A great foil for the MC Gideon, who I haven't really established much of a connection/authorly bond with just yet. Oh, the things I must put him through eventually... :P For TMI, it's Arielle for sure. She's the result of two certain TTUD characters lumped up together (hey, Mother Nature loves recycling, right?) and improved, so that's probably why.

- Sam

regular_contributor

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm
LKAG! OH YEAH!

Nice questions, Paul and Sam :P

How is your NaNoWriMo novel coming along?
I'm not doing NaNo, actually, but I do started writing a novel this month. It's doing great, given that I take my time. I'm really do beginning to love it (not meaning to boast about my writing, but enjoy what I'm writing)

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most?
Those little scenes with dialogue where the characters' personaltiy really gets to show. And not just dialogue- dialogue being one of the many things going on (though when there are too many things going on I feel like my head's going to explode and usually end up editing the scene :P)
What part(s) do you like the least?
I would say the parts that are necessary for the plot to continue, but I don't really like. They vary a lot, so I can't give a specific answer here. Oh, and writing too much monolgue or explanations, but that's generally something that should be avoided ;)
Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak?
PLAN! I'm quite religious about this, but I know from my expirience that when I'm well into what I'm writing and have planned it neatly so far, things just work out themselves :)(though I also tend to make a general plan, then add the details when I write it)

Who is your favourite character to write in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far?
My favorite characters to write about are Melissa, Ignotus, Augustos and Lisette
Lisette is a rather minor character, but by far my favorite adult in the story. She's French, mother of five children and her husband is abroad working (she latterly joins him, as her elder daughter and son return from college so there's someone to take care of the youngest kids)
I love her introductions, and the dialogue/scenes she gets to have with Melissa (her daughter) and Augustos (the lead character)
I think what I love on Melissa and Ignotus is that they're a mixture of myself and certain individuals I dislike. *smirk goes here* Well... I could go on about them, but it would get too long. Generally, they crash, but they find a way to work out eventually (not romantically, but they begin as eternal arguers/enemies, eventually turning into friendship)
I really do like Augustos, which is good, since he gets a lot of attention. I mostly like his spirit, and his evaluation. He gets to be brave and less loud, which I actually enjoy on him (I've written about quiet characters becoming louder, but not of louder becoming quieter. And I like how he's turning out. If you get what I mean)

regular_visitor

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 am
GUYS! THE CRICKETS ARE COMING BACK! DO I HAVE TO GET THE GAMEMAKERS (we're friends on Facebook; #badsenseofhumour) OVER HERE TO EXTERMINATE THE PLACE NEXT TIME?! *out of breath*

*recovers and cleans up the old-fashioned way* All better for now! Let's get to it!

So, NaNoWriMo (or any other writing project in the works)! Didja finish in time, or finish in general? Not finish? Where are you now, if not? Was/is it fun, regardless, etc.? For my fanfic, I'm most definitely not done--you could say that I'm still writing out the inciting incident for it as a whole. Yeah. A pretty big story arc. Still worth it in my opinion. I whizzed through the current chapter I'm on in one seating a few days ago, but the ending to it is, at the moment, such a cop-out; I'll probably be stuck fixing it for a while.

- Sam, who has exams for the rest of this week and the next. *mutters about life incoherently*

frequent_contributor

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 am
Oh my god what happened to the time? O.O I swear I never thoug

What is your name? The Great Kate Weather Machine, or since I'm joining the LKAG I want everyone to call me Benedict.

What State/Province do you live in? Between Seattle, Washington and San Francisco, California. I'd say that's pretty pinpointed.

What is your favorite colour(s)?: I love all colors of the rainbow XD

How old are you? 13 but I still rule all of you peasants

What are you currently writing? Uh well not counting BW which I basically abandonned, I am sort of working on a novel called Jane Doe.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Uh... March 2010. On my old account. Twinktoes86 lol can you imagine me as a 5th grader again all my posts were horrid. Plus Twinktoes86 sounds wrong.

What is your favorite HP book? GoF as usual

How is your NaNoWriMo novel coming along? Well unlike you professional 50K writers over there, I was stupid enough to type mine on a copmuter that glitches. ALOT. So I lost my whole thing like a week in, cried, and gave up. But hey, I still love my idea and I'm still working on it XD

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most?
Actually, my favorite part is the pre-story. The planning and making all the backstories and knowing exactly how it's going to end way before anyone else does :) That's basically why I love Jane Doe so far basically because all I've done is 5K and loads of preplanning. Same goes for BW

Who is your favourite character to write in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far? If we're talking Battle Wrecked then my favorite character is Emerson BY FAR. Eheh, sorry guys but sometimes you just love your own characters the best :P I feel connected to him since I'm the only one who knows who is really is. My characters aside, my two other favorites are Vanessa and Atticus because I love how bad to the bone Vanessa is and how quirky and awkward Atticus is.

Did ya know I've been imagining the story take place in 1930's New York, and the Orange and Cyan alliances were actually mob gangs? It's really cool just because all the characters are so much more emphasized in a glamorous and dangerous lifestyle. It's just cool! Of course, Emerson and Malcolm are the bosses- but Atticus is basically just Emersons unsuspecting best friend who kind of unwillingly gets sucked into things (A Bugsy Malone of sorts I guess). Vanessa is like Malcolm's right hand girl who refuses to bow to anyone, even him, which is why he likes her- because he loves a challenge. And Alexandria is a librarian whose family has roots in the Orange gang, although she is just a civilian. 

I love imagining AU's for things, which is probably why I'm so set bak in my writing the actual thing ugh. But now it just seems so much less daring than the 1930s gangs XD oh well, it'll do. Next adventure- time travel! 

♥ LOViLOVE ♥

nmattewhagender

EQUALITY 2013

~Twinktoes87~

● ♂♂ ● ♂♀ ● ♀♀ ● 

new

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:47 pm

AHHHHH! *grabs spray and exterminates all the crickets*. Anyways, onto the question....
>

I actually finished on time... I was so surprised when I did, cause I really thought I couldn't do it. It really pushed me a lot, and there were days where I was like, "Oh my god I can't write anymore... I'm just going to quit," and then there were days when I wrote 2k and was like, "In your face NaNoWriMo!" As far as the actual novel itself goes, however, I'm almost done the climax, so the story is pretty much wrapping up right now. The only problem is, without NaNoWriMo, I'm procrastinating instead of writing. I'm aiming to get the first draft done by Jan. 1st, but to do that I'm probably going to have to write about 3k today, which is so not possible... *sigh*.

How did everyone else's writing adventures go?
~Paul, who is super tired because her family had a Christmas party last night that went till 3 AM....

regular_contributor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I forgot Katherine joined LKAG! Benedict. :D Love it. And *GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* You love Atticus! Excited!

NaNoWriMo

Finished A Dark Intention and it was the bomb-diggity (...don't act like you've never used that word.) When I get the first book back, I can work on the rest of the edits for the first book, then move on to the preliminary edits for the second book probably in January.

But for right now, I'm writing this kick-tail Grimm Brothers story. Gretel, Jack (the Giant Killer; he's an English F.T. transfer), and Red have to aid Jacob and Wilhelm in overthrowing the regime headed by Mother Gothel, Grayhead (the Big Bad Wolf), Pinocchio (Italian F.T. transfer), and the Marvelous Minstrel. It is flippin' insane.

Sam, you mastered the story arc? Impressive *applauds*

Paul, yack, late nights. I have those in bed, reading. WHICH I'm up to 145 books out of 150 for the year with 2 weeks left to go! :D

I'm sorry I'm such a slacker for this place...

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm
Anyone missed me? I haven't been on my homeboard for ages-- sorry for the inactivity, guys. (Alright, Ladies known as the first, since I don't see any boys around)

Oh, welcome Benedict! (Y U NO LIEK MA CHARACTERZ?)

BUT I'm going to be more active from now on, on reading, replying, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...
WRITING!

Now onto sirius stuff, I think I'm officially giving A Hero's Name a break (You: Oh, yeeeeeah! Now I remember! Wait... isn't it abandoned since, like, last year or something?). Things got wrong with the plot and I just don't feel like continuing. For the time being. IF anyone cares enough to take over, you're allowed! I am planning to return with a revised, improved version of AHN in the faraway future though, but up until then, I would love to welcome each one of you to the world of...
My new masterpiece! (more like monsterpiece. Hahaha, my humor.)

Alright, basic overview: So it's #Main Heroine and #Main Hero and they're siblings, children of two teachers at Durmstang and themselves students of the school
So in the fanfic students were taught the Dark Arts in Durmstang and, even more importantly, they were even involved in minor missions for Voldermort. Most teachers were Death Eaters, and as the #Main Leads' parents were such, they were the first to be involved in such things (like working for Voldermort and given allowance to practise Dark magic outside school)
And then, Voldermort fell, the Order won and #Their parents were sent to Azkaban, but as #Lead Siblings are underage, they can't imprisoned so it's finally decided they should be sent to different schools were they would be watched 24/7. So #Heroine goes to Hogwarts and #Hero to Bobbattons. The first part of the story follows the girl, the second her brother's adventures/basically Point Of View

Thoughts?

regular_contributor

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm

@Mitsos:

First Reaction: *sobs*

Second Reaction: *sniffle* N-new monsterpiece?

Third Reaction: It's not bad.

Fourth Reaction: *picks up jaw* YEAAAAAAAAH! This is gonna be the BOMB! I love it already! It sounds spectacular! Go for it! GO FOR ITTTT!

Meanwhile, I have that whole "Fandom at Hogwarts" thing that I wrote--but probably won't post. I've got like seven sequences with the Avengers, and everyone wants Avatar: TLA or LoK...but I know nothing and don't have the channel it's on. Merp. So.

Eagerly anticipating Mitsos' story, because it sounds amazing :D

~Tony

regular_visitor

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm
@Mitsos: Huzzah! New monsterpieces are always good!

Oh, and two other things; a) I'm changing my LKAG name to Gabriel (if that's allowed?), and b) Happy New Year, everybody! :D
- Gabriel/Sam

regular_contributor

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm

@Gabriel: Totally allowed :D

~Tony

new

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 pm
So, I'm always in (is that right? I'm in Elephant house? I dunno.) Elephant house, and now I am responding, so.... Is there a form you fill out?

Anybody have cool html things????

new

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 am

@ Mitsos- I love that idea! It's so original and I personally think people don't write enough about the other wizarding schools. You should so do it!
@ Everyone else- I'm sorry for not updating with questions for a while... my phone broke and I usually use that to go on this website, and it's gonna be six weeks until it's fixed, so I'm going to be updating less frequently now... but here's a new question to tide you all over:

What Is Your Favourite Christmas Present That Your Recieved? If You Don't Celebrate Christmas, What Was Your Favourite Present You Got For Your Last Birthday?
My favourite Christmas present would probably be the giant fluffy beanbag chair. It has to be the most confortable thing I have ever sat in. I got a ton of clothes too, so that's pretty awesome.

Also, I have a confession to make- I'm reading Twilight! So far, I hate it, but my friend said she'll finally read Harry Potter if I read all of the Twilight books, so I'm stuck reading about sparkly vampires that have no lives and werewolves that can't keep their shirts on (sorry if that offended anyone who likes Twilight).

Anyways, that's all for now, so as usual, respond to the question and keep on visiting the Elephant House!
~Nicole, who thinks that that sounded very infomercial-like. =P

regular_contributor

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm

@MagicCastle12: Hi! I'm not the founder, but I think I'm the oldest stacker here. Anyway--there is sort of a form you fill out, it's like Name, State/Province, Age, and How Long You've Been on the Stacks. There may be a couple more questions but Nicole/Paul/awesomekoala will have the full form. But you don't have to fill out the form to reply. It's just a good way for us to get to know you!

Favorite Christmas Present?

While it is a little awkward trying to choose a favorite, I will have to say I love my turtle-shaped USB flash drive, snowmen throw blanket, "Keep Calm, I'm the Doctor" magnet, and my own personal copies of Crime and Punishment and The Brothers Karamozov. I also got a really nice notebook/journal that I love. AND A GIANT BOX OF MUSICALS! :D Not to mention the boots. Got a pair of black leather boots so I feel all...9th Doctor and whatnot.

~Lauren

new

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

@magiccastle12- Hi! Welcome to The Elephant House! There's no form to sign up, if that's what you mean, but we do have a form to get to know you a little bit:

What is your name?
What State/Province do you live in?
What is your favorite colour(s)?
How old are you?
What are you currently writing?
How long have you been on The Stacks?
What is your favorite HP book?

It's okay if you don't want to answer any of the questions, it's just so that everyone gets to know each other better!
As well, we have questions every week (for the most part- sometimes I slack off), and a lot of people post story ideas and games- a while ago, we even had a collaborative fanfiction (which we should totally keep doing!), things like that. Also, thanks to Tony/Lauren (also known as theaterchik), we now have LKAG (Ladies Known As Guys), so if you want to post a guy name for yourself, that's totally allowed!
Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy The Elephant House!
~Nicole/Paul, who thinks she used a lot of parentheses in this...
PS: Sorry, I suck at HTML, so I can't help you there...

regular_visitor

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:18 am
Hi, magiccastle12! Gabriel/Samantha here; welcome!

For Christmas my favourite gift was a new video game--no, make that three; the Mass Effect Trilogy bundle. Ridiculously fun, if you like that sort of thing. :) Some other cool things I got were these awesome-sauce shoes, a cool black jacket and Les Misérables! Like, the book by Victor Hugo! It's sitting on my shelf right now, but I haven't started reading it yet. When I do, maybe when I have the time I'll tell you guys what I think of it. :D
Which now begs the question...

Any of you watch Les Misérables at the movies yet? I was fully expecting to pretty much bawl my eyes out when I went--which I'm not ashamed to admit I actually did, LOL. Musicals aren't often my thing, but I really, really liked how the movie was done (Hugh Jackman/Jean Valjean for the flippin' win!).

contributor

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:51 pm
HTML Online Editor Sample

What is your name? Alicia
What State/Province do you live in? Texas
What is your favorite colour(s)? Pink and Coral
How old are you? 12. I'm in 7th grade...
What are you currently writing? Erm... *sigh* nothing at the moment... I did do FPS though!
How long have you been on The Stacks? OH MAH GOSHIES! agfhgfgusdhf I MISSED my STACKS birthday! *gasp* Well, I've been on a little over 2 years.
What is your favorite HP book? Umm... Five or Seven. (But I love them all! :) )

@Gabriel: I LOOOOOVED Les Mis! I too bawled my eyes out, and loved Hugh Jackman, and pretty much everyone else! I really want to read the book! Let me know how it is!

@Mitsos: Great idea!!!! I can't wait to read it! Do you need help coming up with names?

@Benedict: NOOO! Please continue BW! :cry: Also, I love MBS references!

Would you care for a lemon drop?

~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling

new

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 am
@ Twinktoes87: Are you hinting at something here?
Kirsten, who is in the 5th grade and doesn't think her posts are THAT bad

new

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 am

Oh my goshness, this place is so busy! So welcome to everyone who's just started to post on here and hope you enjoy it!

@ Gabriel- my parents dragged me and my siblings to watch Les Mis in theaters and I absolutley loved it! I cried during half of it, and the other half I felt like crying. It was amazing, though!*SPOILER* I started bawling the most during Fantine's death and Éponine's death. Which leads me to my rant of the day...

*WARNING: THE FOLLOWING RANT CONTAINS BIG SPOLIERS FOR LES MIS.*
Ok, so IMHO, Éponine and Marius should have ended up together. I know it wouldn't have worked with the plot because it was following Jean Valjean's life and Éponine was just a supporting character, but still! I mean, Éponine grew up in that horrible inn, and even though she was "spoiled", she also had to witness all of the- let's just call it stuff, for the sake of the nine-year-olds on this site- so really she didn't do anything wrong, it was all her parent's fault. And then she falls for Marius, and he goes off after Cosette just because of some cliche "love at first sight" thing, even though Éponine had loved him for years! And then when she died, right afterwards Marius runs off to look for Cosette. Somehow, I don't think that's fair. I'm really not sure why I have such a big opinion about this, but I just do.

And that, my friends, was the Paul rant of the day. Anyways, here's my question for you all- it's also Les Mis related!
What was your favourite song from Les Mis? If you haven't watched it, pick your favourite musical and say your favourite song from that!
I personally loved I Dreamed A Dream, On My Own, One Day More, Do You Hear The People Sing, and A Little Fall of Rain. Mainly because they all made me cry =P.

Okay, so I guess that's all I have to say for today... as usual, keep the questions coming and stick around for more epicalness at... The Elephant House!
~Nicole/Paul, who feels ashamed about how long it's been since she was on this site...

regular_contributor

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Leees MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSERABLESSSSSSSSSSS! :D I loved it! I didn't cry during "I Dreamed a Dream" and that was only because I knew I wouldn't stop. Our theater group is doing it in the next 2-5 years (to keep it vague) and I SO want to be Eponine! :D So, the questione:

Favorite Songs in Les Miserables:

"On my Own", "Master of the House", "One Day More", "I Dreamed a Dream", and..."In My Life."

As for the Marius/Eponine, Marius/Cosette battle, I do like Marius and Cosette. There will always be someone else who loves a member of a pair (Ron/Hermione with Lavender; Harry/Cho with Ginny; etc., etc.), but I don't think Marius and Eponine were right together. I personally didn't like Marius. I would have much rather preferred Eponine with Enjolras or something.

Speaking of musicals as well, has anyone seen or heard of Love Never Dies? The Phantom sequel?? I'm kinda obsessing with it right now...

regular_visitor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 am
A favourite song from Les Mis, eh? First, bear with me here, as I don't even know the titles of them. :P One is the song where you've got Enjolras, Marius and the rest of la résistance all inside the inn... "Do You Hear the People Sing"? Hope I got that right. The other is... the finale, I'll call it. So yeah, those are the two songs that are most memorable to me, as I have a hard time remembering how most of the other songs I didn't mention go. Terrible memory is terrible.

@Tony: Les Mis is gonna be a blast for you guys, I bet. You're in a pretty cool theater group. :D

On the Cosette/Marius/Eponine issue, I was a bit off-put by the love at first sight thing, too. So Paul you're not alone. :P I'm over it but every now and then I'd be a tiny bit disgruntled when I think about it again. I get like that almost everytime the Love Triangle (tm) rears its head in and says hi.

...well that was an interesting image. O_o

Oh, and I still haven't started reading the book Les Mis yet. This Friday, though... I'll crack it open and probably blaze through it in a few days. I'll share my thoughts on it once all's said and done. :D

regular_visitor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am
WAAAHOOOO!!! *confetti* There are 200 posts on the Elephant House as of today! There's not much I can offer other than virtual hugs, snacks and other refreshments, but still! We've come quite a long way! :)

Or maybe there IS something else I can offer. More like a question, really. How many people besides myself still want to continue that RP we were doing a few pages back? I actually remember asking this question before but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask again in case people might've forgotten. If no one's up to it, I'll completely understand and the RP will just be laid to rest, I suppose. Otherwise, we can discuss how to go about it and stuff like that in the future.

That's all from me today! See you guys!
- Gabriel, who has a headache due to French class today, of all subjects. :P

new

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm

First off, congrats to Gabriel for getting the 200th post! Only 300 more till 500!
And as for the question, I vote yes! That story was so much fun- we can't just leave it with everyone in a secret passageway following a mysterious and less-stinky tunnel towards a tiny ray of light! I think we were on Benedict's turn, so we'll take a vote and then go from there.
In other news, I OFFICIALLY HATE CANADIAN WINTERS! It is -25 degrees out, and I seriously froze on my walk to school. And then my eyes started to water, and those tears froze. And, to make it even worse, there's no snow! Just frozen mud and freezing wind. These are the instances where I really wish I lived in Florida...
How's the weather everywhere else?

~Nicole, who just played a game of truth or dare with the boys in her class and has vowed never to do it again...

new

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 pm
What is your name? Emily What State/Province do you live in? South Dakota, USA What is your favorite colour(s)? Dark green, bright red How old are you? 12 What are you currently writing? Nothing right now How long have you been on The Stacks? About a month. What is your favorite HP book? Deathly Hallows OR Order of the Phoenix

regular_contributor

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 pm
@Gabriel: YES! Of course we should! That RP/thingy was the best and can't go down the drain like that... :(

The Elephant House is totally awesome! 200 posts down, that's just awesomely epic! Good job everyone! :D

ASd;lkjgreth guys! Thanks for the love on le idea! Aaaand I should start posting it!

Help with names... actually, I'm not really sure if I need help with names, the main reason I didn't post any names was because the idea was just created and the characters didn't had any names lol :P

...Still don't, or at least, the main siblings. But since they are of Croatian and Albanian descend (well, Durmstang seems to be accepting students from many countries, so I thought I'd make their mother Croatian and father Albanian.) So if you could give find nice names from those countries... cause obviously I could use some help here :P

And to prove myself useful to this thread here are.... DEUX QUESTIONS!!!

Does/Has music inspired your fanfiction writing? Have you written anything after being inspired of a song? Do you find songs to fit your fanfiction/characters?
And

Do you have any OC/Canon pairings? (not just Harry Potter, in general)
Just thought I'd ask, though for the first, it would be cool if we did a Fanfictions Soundtracks thingy :) :D

new

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:55 pm

@Mitsos- Names, names, names... ummm.... well, I used to have a friend who was Croatian and her sister's name was Leandra (say Lay-aund-drah) and I always thought that name was really pretty. And for boys names... no clue, sorry.
As for the questions...
Does/Has music inspired your fanfiction writing? Have you written anything after being inspired of a song? Do you find songs to fit your fanfiction/characters?
Well, I usually just listen to the radio when I'm writing, so I can't really say there's a specific song. I usually write the after-death scenes in novels while playing "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavinge because it really fits the mourning period my characters go through after I kill of their loved ones... which I tend to do quite a bit... and my NaNoWriMo novel's theme song is "Home" by Phillip Phillips. Oh, and romance scenes are always to some sappy song I usually would roll my eyes at (generally something by One Direction). But other than that, I don't think music inspires me that much.
And I have no OC/Canon pairings, sorry. I tend to love most Canon pairings and my OC's usually always fall in love with other OC's.
Now, onto my bigbigmegabig news...
I'm writing a new fanfic.
I kind of feel like I lost all motivation for Still Emma, and now I'm just hiding in The Elephant House and not even looking at other threads. Therefore to get back out into the world of fanfiction, I have decided that a new fanfic is in order.
The new one I have coming out hopefully end of March/beginning of April is called Broken Souls and here's a quick little summary for it:
“Two rebellious muggles get more than they bargained for when they try to sneak into an amusement park and end up possessing one of the pieces of Bellatrix Lestrange’s soul. Now, with the help of a little girl that is obsessed with Harry Potter, her equally nerdy older brother, and a moody park worker, the two girls set off to find out if the whole world surrounding Harry Potter isn’t just really something that a world-famous author dreamed up. But with Death Eaters on their tail, and the Ministry of Magic getting suspicious, it’s going to be anything but easy.”
And... there you have it! I'm excited because it's going to focus more on muggles than wizards and it's also going to explore the topic of horcruxes quite a lot and the whole "love is stronger than magic" concept.
So... what do you guys think of it?

~Nicole, who has a snow day today because there's literally 30cm of snow outside!

regular_contributor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am
@Nicole: Thanks for answering les questions!

Leandra! LEANDRA IS SO BEAUITFUL! I think I'll name her Leandra. Because it rocks. And it sounds appropriate. So you just became something of a godmother here :P

Oooohhh! Your fanfic idea sounds ah-mazing! I'll miss Emma, a lot. So if you ever get back to her, I'll be happy. But the new fanfic is seriously awesome!
More focus on Muggles- that's something new, but I think I'm going to love it. Usually Muggles are either an obstacle or helpless victims or just cameos but NOW THAT'S EPIC! The characters seem too good! SO WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!
(OH! And the themes/topics are amazing! It's so good to see that!)

OK everybody, now...

NEW THING!
Taking inspiration from St Valentine's day which is fast approaching (though I'm not really a fan of it) I decided to do a personal-challenge-kind-of-thing. Alongside with ma fanfic (which i began working on) I'll put themes in months and then write a oneshot/fanfic on that theme DURING THE MONTH. (for example, something sappy romantic during February, whenever it's or not a Harry Potter fanfic). It would go like this:
February: Romance
March: Family
April: Easter/Easter holidays
May: Outdoors
June: Voyage/travelling
July: Summer Holidays
August: Reunion
September: Indoors
October: Halloween/Horror
November: NaNo no such thing here :P
December: Christmas
January: Past

So whoever wants can do something like this too, cause that'd be awesome! :D

Peace ppl

contributor

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 am
@Nicole: I would totally be interested by that fanfic... It sounds really cool! :D

~DJ, who is excited to read this!

.❀Dancingjalepeno❀.
.❀.
"Oh, poor Atlas,
The world's a beast of a burden..."
-Florence and the Machine,What the Water Gave Me
.❀❀.

new

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 am
I just read some of the posts today, and I feel like I know all of you guys. My name is Samantha 'Hello fellow Samantha' , and I live in Illinois. Nicole: When did you change your username??? I must have missed that. I'm in magnet school (look it up if you don't know what that is, because I'm being lazy right now) You guys are awesome! I need to ask one TEENY TINY QUESTION. PPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSSSEEEE reply!!! Here it is... *Drumroll please* If you could create your own word and definition, what would it be? My answer: sogilanto- when you wake up in the morning, and you realize that you have fallen off your bed and through the floor (even though I don't know how someone could sleep through that) Make it as funny as you want!

new

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Ok, just let me check the last time I posted... FEBRUARY 8TH?????? Oh My Gryffindor, I didn't realize it had been that long.... sorry everyone! Now, onto business...
@Mitsos- You're welcome about the name! I think it's really pretty as well =). And I love the one-shot idea! Do we post them on here, or on a different post?
@pugblue70- I changed my username because my old account was being really annoying and refusing to let me log in... =(. And as for your question... umm.... I honestly have no idea. When I think of one I promise I'll post it!
@Everyone else- the fanfic idea I posted back in February is being put on a major delay thanks to the glorious thing known as high school prep and final projects. Oh, and grad, which is apparently a really big deal now *rolls eyes*. So I'm thinking about doing it as a summer project, meaning that it won't be out till August/September. Oh, and I've also started writing Percy Jackson fanfics now (on a different website), so that's taking up a fair chunk of my time. So... sorry.
As well, WHERE HAS EVERYONE BEEN? I know I'm being really hypocritical by saying that, but it honestly feels really empty around here. So post people, post!

~Paul/Nicole, who is excited cause it's supposed to be really warm and sunny tomorrow!

new

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm
This place is kinda empty... *Spongebob on a rainy day in a cafe scene shows* *orders coffee and a PB&J*

regular_contributor

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm
@Nicole: We can post them here! If you don't mind... so we don't get lost, going from one thread to another. PLZ DO IT IT'LL BE SOOO COOL SISTER!

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:26 pm
Please tell me the Elephant House is not over? *crawls in corner and quietly cries over the good ol' times*

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NOVEL! I mean it! Actually, it's an improvement for the first novel I started working on last year, then put off hiatus planning to go back and fix it, and now I sort of am... though it's very different (better, I like to think)

You're not going to see it in bookstores for a long, long time. Not until it's a fountain-shaker :twisted:

What can I say? I won't say anything. :P

frequent_contributor

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:15 pm
HEYHEYHEY THIS PLACE ISN'T DEAD WADDUP I AM HERE KATHERINE HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING.

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm
Benedict... ARE YOU BACK?
Please tell me you're here and you're never going to leave please please please.
Bytheway, on that RP-thing we did, it's your turn now :twisted: (And I don't care if we haven't heard of Sam or Tony or Paul for ages. As a good STACKer you ought to post that POV)

ThoughimahypocritenowcauseishouldpostaDramioneoneshotforyouaspromisedlonglonglongtimeago.

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hipolyte

new

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:09 pm

WAIT NO NO NO NO IT'S NOT DEAD AT ALL DON'T GO I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!
*clears throat* Er, hi... everyone. I know I've been MIA for the last little bit, but school has been so insane lately that I haven't even been able to write, much less post on this. But hey, I'm here now!
So I suppose I should probably tell you all what's going on with me... I'm graduating Grade 8 in exactly 2 weeks! School's still going strong, though- I'm actually supposed to be working on a Science project right now. And I got my Grad dress and OH MY GOD... I'm not one for dresses but I absolutely love it! Oh, and as far as writing goes, I trashed my NaNoWriMo novel cause it was horrible, and right now I'm writing a lot of fanfiction, when I have the time, as well as a collab story with two of my friends. Oh, and I'm in the midst of writing the 'June' oneshot for Anna's idea, so be on the lookout for that!
Anyways, what's up with all of you? I feel like I haven't talked to any of you guys in forever. Is anyone out for summer vacation yet? What are your plans for summer? Did you go on any end of year trips? Anything big happening in anyone's life? Let's get this place back in business, people!
~Nicole/Paul, who is about to go and register for high school and is super nervous...

regular_contributor

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:12 pm
YES! COLIE IS BACK TOO! COLIE WRITE THAT FANFIC YOU PROMISED WILL YOU?

I'm already on vacation... and I will be for a long time :twisted: Expect a hugeload of updating from me now.

Oh, happy high school days Paul! (We should totally remember our LKAG names) It isn't that dramatic, high school, but you should most likely not take this statement very seriously given what different situations we're in (yeah, making you feel better)

I'll be going on, like, 11th grade on September... I DON'T KNOW WHEN THIS HAPPNED AND I'M JUST... DON'T. CAN'T.
Oh, I started writing that fanfic with Leandra :D It's called Missing Death by Inches (for reasons) :P

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hippolyte

frequent_contributor

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 am
@ANNA: OK OK I'LL GO CHECK IT OUT NO PROMISES THOUGH BENEDICT HAS A VERY BUSY LIFE K?

@Paul: Hey fellow 8th grade grad :) How is you?

new

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 pm

You guys.... I don't know why I ever stopped coming on here! It always cheers me up so much... =)
@ Mitsos- Grade 11? Wow, I never realized how much older than me you were! And that fanfic is coming along veeery slowly, but it's still coming along! Oh, and thanks for trying to make this place come back to life (I saw your post on the general discussion board).
@ Benedict- I is good! We should throw a virtual grad party on here =D
Also, has anyone heard from Tony or Sam? I've been looking around the forums (read: stalking), and I haven't seen any posts from them in a while... hopefully with the start of summer vacation they'll show up!
Oh, and I got my high school schedule! But I have no classes with my BFF, so that sucks. But hey, I have classes with a lot of my other friends, so I'm happy about that!
Anyways, thanks for getting this place alive again!
~Nicole/Paul, who is going on an epic field trip Friday and is super excited...

contributor

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 pm
Ok, I signed up for the Reply Movement, and, as an author, I am going to keep to my agreement. I am advertising my fanfic, Chamber of Secrets Discovered, so that people can reply and give me criticism on my plot and storyline, on the reality of the situation, and on background info, grammar, punctuation, etc. If you do read it, you need to read The Mysterious Death of Minerva McGonagall first. Please go and read it AND REPLY. Don't just read and leave. Reply and keep replying 'till it's over (see the Reply Movement by Hippolyte for how to construct a proper reply and how to be a good reply-er). PLEASE.
~Snitchy/Lioness

contributor

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm
Hi guys! I don't really go on this board very often, but I'm here to say hi! :) I'm Foreverelephant for those of you who don't know me, but if you want you can call me Elphie. :D Nice to meet all of you!
Foreverelephant

"You're mad. Bonkers.
Off your head.
But I'll tell you a secret:
All the best people are."
--Charles Kingsleigh
Alice in Wonderland movie (2010)✿❧

regular_contributor

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:54 pm
Good to meet you too, Elphie! :D

contributor

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:50 am
Ok, I'm advertising again. I REALLY want you guys to go check out my McGonagall one shot, but the re-do, not the original. It's called Falling: a Re-Do of a McGonagall one shot. Please please PLEASE read and reply with criticism on the reality of the situation and the feelings, and on punctuation and grammar. PLEASE!!!!!!! I'm trying to hold up to the Reply Movement and I can't do that if no one replies to what I write so I can't get anything from it!!!!!!!!!!!
~Snitchy/Lioness

new

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm
I was told to post here, and I guess that this has something to do with writing. ;)

Has anyone ever done National Novel Writing Month before? (You attempt to write a 50 000 word manuscript in the month of November.) I did it in 2012, and it was so much fun! (I got 50 008 words as of day 29. ;) )

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Skyelark Moon :lol:

new

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Gah! I did it again! *gets on knees and begs for forgiveness* Sorry for not coming on in such a long time, everyone. I'm having the busiest summer ever and it kind of slipped my mind.
I'm guessing most of you amazing people are on summer vacation right now, so how are you all enjoying it so far? Mine's been hot, wet and hilarious. I swear, I'm living in my pool until school starts again. :)
@Skylark Moon- I have done NaNoWriMo, but I did the Young Writer's version, where you choose how many words you write. I wrote 40000, which I thought was pretty good. Also, welcome!
@foreverelephant- Hi! Nice to meet you as well!
So... yeah. That's about all I got, unless anyone here wants to read my five page rant about how nervous I am to start high school (actually, I can't post that here due to some...erm... colourful words). Until next time!
~Nicole/Paul, who is trying to find time to write that Harry Potter fanfiction... she swears she's trying!

contributor

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 pm
@Awesomekoalabear20: :D
@Hippolyte: Hi... Do I know you from someplace??
~Elphie♥

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 am
@Elphie: *scratches head* I don't know... I got a bit of a deja vu too when you walked up in here all like "hi".

OH I'VE HAD AN IDEA! *le light bulb*
So we've got our LKAG names but what if we genderbend our LKAG names and make them characters? So Tony would be, like, Tonya and Paul Paula/Paulina and I would be... Demetra (cus Mitsos is a dimiutive of Dimitri yeah)
So now you have your LKAGGGA (Lady Known As Guy Gone Girl Again) name and it's all thanks to me, you're welcome.

Also, I miss Lauren (and Colie, but she drops in and lets us know she's alive from time to time, while Lauren has misteriously disappeared)
That is, Tony. WE ALL MISS YOU TONY!

And before I go, let's bring the NaNo discussion back on! Are you going to do it this year? I am (actually I'm going to be dying this fall what with Downton season 4 and Korra book 2 and school year 11 but I'm determined to write a novel atop of all this) AND it's going to turn out awesome because I've been having this idea for too long and I'm determined to work hard and write and rewrite it until it's ready to be published (mwahahahaha, trolled ya! It'll be awesome just because I'm writing it, thats enough lol -lame jokeness what-)

Now I'll leave to go update this fanfic of mine.

And a final shout-out in the universe to:
Tony
Paul
Gabriel
Benedict
Elphie, what's your LKAG name?

regular_contributor

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:39 pm

@Mitsos/Demetra: Ooh, LKAGGGA. That is just so much fun. I like it. I could be Tony or Toni. I think either is correct. *shrug*

I've just been busy with a lot of stuff. Junior year has arrived (which I *think* makes me the oldest one here. It's sort of weird.) and I'm in the process of drafting/editing/drafting again my story from way back in like June of 2012. It's chuffing along to the industry.

It's taking a while, but I'm slowly coming back.

~Tony

new

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:16 am

This is me trying to format/post something from my phone cause my laptop has decided to be the slowest thing in the entire universe and not give me any wi-fi. So bear with me here, people.
@Tony/Toni: TONY!!! You're alive!!! *huggles* Wow, junior year? That's grade 11... right? (We don't use that system up here in good ol' Canada.) Can't wait for you to get your fanfiction back up and running!
@Mitsos/Demetra: That's such a genius idea! LKAGGGA for the flipping win! I shall be... Paulette! As far as NaNo goes... I dunno. Grade 9 has so much homework and oh my god I'm drowning under it all... but I will try to participate!
@Everyone: So... I've been in Grade 9 for two days and I've already gotten 3 projects, two of them due tomorrow. It's insanity!! But the high school itself is amazing (they have a full auditorium), my drama teacher is incredible, my English teacher is decent (she won't let us do creative writing till December!), and my Geography teacher sucks. So it's fun, but also terrifying (read: Grade 12's). The only big downsides are that I never see my friends and this guy in my drama class (really long story). As far as my writing goes... my laptop's been comatose for the past two weeks or so, so it's really hard to get anything done. I am trying to get the story I promised way back in March out, but I'm writing for multiple other fandoms as well so it's kinda hard. I am trying, though!
I figure I've bored you guys long enough, so that's all for today! Hope school/life is going great for you all!
-Nicole/Paul/Paulette/Colie/Colie Bear/awesomekoalabear20, who thinks she has too many names...

regular_contributor

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:44 pm
@Paulette: Yay it's catching on :D
Sorry to hear about school being mean to you, but mine starts tommorrow so I will be able to relate to you a lot :(
Why can't you see your friends and the guy in drama class?
Ooooh, what other fandoms are you writing for? And I'm sorry to hear about your laptop, it'd be going insane if anything happened to mine (well it's more of a Netbook but a baby anyways)

regular_contributor

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:32 am

@Paul: Yeah...Grade 11 for me, which makes me old. (I think Our Dear Moderator--ODM--is the only one who is older than I am.

My laptop is comatose, too!

~Tony

new

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 pm

My laptop is still slow, but it's alive!!!!! *hugs laptop to my chest* Meaning I can most likely write more now, so yay! Hoping to get that fic I promised like, a year ago, up soon!
@Toni: This seems to be the month of comatose laptops, I'm told. A lot of people I know from different websites (and real life) are having laptop problems too... personally, I think it's some evil plan cooked up by some genius laptop person, but the more likely explanation is that it's just lack of support for Windows 7 now that they've got all that Windows 8 stuff in place...
@Demetra: Ooops! That was meant to be two separate thoughts-
a) I can't see my friends because we have no classes together and we all just sit around doing homework at lunch which means we never talk... :(
b) Oh, trust me, I would be so happy if I never saw the guy from Drama class ever again... he and I have a very... complicated relationship (as in, we got into a massive fight after school today in the middle of a street and almost got hit by a car, but really, for us that's pretty much a normal day). I love Drama, but it's kind of hard to focus on creating a tableau when he's around... sorry, this could turn into a very long rant shortly, so I'm just going to end it here.
Also, other fandoms I'm writing for... I've got ten Percy Jackson fics, one Gallagher Girls, and a Mortal Instruments one in the works.
Jeez, I just realized I had homework. I'll have to end this here for now, but *terminator voice* I'll be back...
-Nicole/Paul/Paulette, who has auditions for the school play tomorrow and still has to memorize her monologue...

visitor

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm
Hi Awesomekoalabear20

In your post you mentioned writing fan fiction on other websites, but I had to edit that portion out. Unfortunately you're not allowed to name the other websites or give out your username on those sites. However, if you would like to share your work, you can post excerpts here for people to read, if they're appropriate.

Thanks
-Moderator Brian

regular_contributor

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 pm
@Paulette: STOP IT STOP IT IT'S NOT LAPTOP COMATOSE MONTH OKAY? *turns to laptop* Just survive this month, baby, there's not much of it left, just try to, c'mon, dont' leave me, you'll manage *strokes softly* my baby is perfectly healthy stop trying to put an evil eye on it *or whichever this is said correctly*
Uh-huh. High school drama stinks. BUT we're here for you if you feel like ranting and getting it off your system sis (LKAG, fine). BUT good luck with drama class and the school play!
(And not sharing classes with friends stinks, too. I wish I could say I can't relate to that)
A:Owetuiyegv wait you write fanfics for Percy Jackson I don't like Percy Jackson honestly but it's so fun to create demigod OCs and RP/fanfic about them maybe we should do something like that once! (yeah let's start a mini thing here, like do you have any OCs? I've been having this idea about a Persephone daughter who is all aggressive and hates being poked about her mother and can't keep her flowers alive to save her life etc.)
Also: please, please please tell me you ship/have considered Leyna? Leo and Reyna? From HoO? It's my OTP- standing for Only True Pairing, as I don't ship anything else really (because, like, Reyna is my favorite. And Leo. And Reyna and Leo)
I've been spamming the STACKS to find another person who ships them so just don't let me down...

new

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm pretty sure I sprained/badly bruised my pinkie earlier today, so forgive any spelling mistakes in this, as I am typing with one less finger (and my whole hand is throbbing painfully). But anyways...

@Demetra- YOU SHIP LEYNA!!!! *tackle hugs* Yes, I do ship them. As well as Percabeth, Jasper, Frazel, Tratie... the list goes on and on. I'm a bit of an obsessive fangirl, to be honest. ;)
Thanks for the well-wishes for the school play! I got in, as a dancer. It's not a big part, but I get to wear a crazy costume and act like some insane Cirque Du Soleil person, so that'll be fun. And as far as Drama class goes... maybe I'll just do a little rant. Just a tiny one. Although it's more about stupid people in my class (and the general population of my school), but it takes place in Drama class, so whatever.
Basically, this guy and I have been having an on again/off again fight since Grade 7. And the other day, when we were having a screaming match while walking down the hallway, he put his arm around me just to shut me up (sadly, it worked). But since it was in the middle of a hallway, the majority of the school saw... and well, it went through the rumor mill. So now, people are convinced that we're dating. Anyways, in Drama class, these two guys kept on pestering me about me and the other guy dating, when our Co-Op (a kind of like a student teacher, but younger) walks up and asks us what we're talking about. So then the two guys begin to tell her the guy and I's entire history, and at the end most of the class was listening and now... well, let's just say that people are shipping us and coming up with couple names (but trust me, no one will be able to...). So... yeah. I'm really annoyed right now.
I don't really have any OC's- I mainly write for the canon pairings. A RP would be really fun, though! Also, I love the idea for your OC... she sounds really cool!
Also... *shoots your laptop the evil eye* DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

I swear, my finger is about to spontaneously combust from the pain. And I still have to type up a project *facepalm*. Wish me luck!
-Paul/Paulette/Nicole, whose friends are being idiots and repeatedly texting her stupid pictures.

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:30 pm
GUYS! Imma finally gonna update Missing Death By Inches! This means I need YOU to help ME by giving ME YOUR feedback!

Seriously... I would really, really, really appreciate and love forever whoever read and left a comment to this fanfic on mine. I spend time thinking about it and writing it (actually, this past few weeks... I wasn't really in the mood for writing) and now that it's back I just would really really appreciate getting to know it was worth the time.

@Colie: You, sweetheart, however evil you may seem to be, are pretty untalented at the Evil Eye section :) LAPTOP IS ALIVE!
Also, I haven't given my laptop (netbook) a name yet! I've had it for like 5 years (HEAR THAT? FIVE YEARS! It's survived my teenage phases of anything- from Paramore to Taylor Swift- it's not like your evil eye can harm it, Colie). It's an hp mini black-and-white... device.
Look, I really need some name suggestions
(I also used to name my mp3s but I change them too often to have a stable one)
(Also our family car's Dionysus, because it's dark red=wine=Dionysus)

Tell your pinkie I wish it well! Having your hands/fingers injured is no fun, no fun at all :(

And now
Be prepared (not you, Scar)
Because
It's time
TO TALK LEYNA <3
*more tackle hugs*

LEYNA is precious. They are my forever OTP because they're babies and together they're just idiots and I love love love them.
(And I don't care they're not canon. I don't really like the books, tbh. I don't mind their un-canonness, because I can write them anyways)
(Bytheway, if I posted a Leyna fanfic, would you read it?)
I don't really ship anything else in HoO/PJatO, mostly because I don't like the characters (Oooooo!) Sorry, Nicole
(and haaaaaaaaaa yeah that OC is called Terez (cool nickname for Theresa I found) and she's afraid/insecure but she likes to mask it all as anger... it's, like, her way of dealing with things. And she's also my first female blond character I've kept for more than 3 weeks AND stands at 5'6", which rarely happens, all my characters are shorties -gee i wonder why-)

Now on drama guy
Ugh
People at school can be so stupid it's just... you know, if their stupidness was bread, it'd be enough to feed us all! *extends arms for emphasis*
My only advice is to ignore them, though you didn't ask for advice and after receiving this as advice neither do you wish you actually had... :(
I'm actually guilty on the whole pairing-up-friend-with-guy-she-doesn't-like (it's a thing called Picahenge) buuuuut not a that rate.

So again, I'm sorry to hear you've been a victim of stupidity... or, to be more accurate, a victim of Much Bread.
It'd most likely be just forgotten and now I feel kinda useless because I can't do anything about it :( Sorry

.••.
{Accio brain!}
¡uıɐɹq oıɔɔ
.••.

new

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:37 am
What is your name?
Anusha

What State/Province do you live in?
I live in Pakistan, so Punjab.

What is your favorite colour(s)?
Turquoise and purple

How old are you?
Eleven

I am writing a fanfiction called 'Shadows At Hogwarts'. It's about Albus Potter and the rest of the newer HP generation!

How long have you been on The Stacks?
I know it says 'NEW' under my Username but I have actually been on the Stacks since January 2011!

Prisoner Of Azkaban!

Pu rp le Wi za rd 50

It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.

✏ Albus Dumbledore

You don't need to be a wizard to do magic. Real magic comes from the heart.

Looking for an AWESOME siggy like mine? Then visit the SIGGY IGGY Shop by just clicking HERE!!

new

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 pm
@Purple Wizard - according to your account information next to your post, you've been here since January 2013, not 2011.
Or maybe you have two accounts?

~AmusedChicken22

new

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:10 pm
ummm i am new and was wondering how you start a new post

new

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:18 pm
Name:Ella State:Alabama Favorite colors:Lime green, aqua Age:10(11 in May) Currently writing:A HP Fanfiction. I'ts Hogwarts in like, 3416!(Thats like in the future) How long have you been in the Stacks?:About a year. Favorite Harry Potter book:I love all of them! I thought this was so cool because, um, its just AWESOME!

regular_contributor

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 am
@Lauren: I'm actually older than you, I think. I am 19 years old.

new

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:51 pm
I HAVE RETURNED FROM THE DEAD!

... but just for this one post. After this, I'm gone for good.

God, I almost forgot how to format on this, I haven't been on in so long... *sobs*. But anyways, today I went back and read all the way through all of the messages on The Elephant House, all of our replies on different stories when this board was still alive and hopping... and I honestly started to cry.

I don't know how many of you are still around. I don't know who left the boards. I don't know where all of you guys, my old friends, are now. But I will say this- I grew up on this site. From about age 9 to age 13, this website was my home. And when I was 11 and started to read Harry Potter for the first time- books that are now sitting stationary on my bookshelf- this board became my home. This is where I wrote my first fanfiction. This is what I learned what fanfiction was. And now, at almost 15 years old, by going back on this board, I get to see my childhood.

Remember all the fun we used to have here? Remember answering questions and LKAG and the RP? Remember all of our old stories that we would all so happily comment on? Remember what a family we used to be? I loved this website, and I loved you guys. But I don't know, we all got older and the boards changed and we all started to slowly trickle away.

I used to log onto The Stacks every day after school and post on the Elephant House. This got me through some of the worst times in my life and I thank you all for that. I'm crying now because of the onslaught of memories flooding through my brain. I always looked up to all of you guys. I was one of the youngest, one of the most immature ones here, one of the worst writers. And yet you all accepted me and respected me and I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for that.

God, it’s hard not to swear. I guess I really have grown up, haven’t I? I'm not the same little Grade 6 girl posting stories about horrible OC's that were pretty much based off of herself. And the more and more I discover, the more and more I love this- our little innocent corner of the universe. I'm on bigger fanfiction sites now, writing much more mature stuff, and it's nice to know that places like this still exist- places where it's okay to be a kid, where you're not constantly getting flamed or hated on. I honestly was considering going on hiatus on another website (can’t name due to guidelines, but it’s basically the biggest fanfiction site around- you know the one), but going back here, seeing what an excited little kid I used to be, changed that. I’m going to keep writing, thanks to you guys.

I miss you all. I miss this board. I miss writing Becoming Emma, which now looks hideous to my older eyes. I miss not having to worry about reviews or OoC-ness or hate. Guys, this website was the reason I really started writing. It’s the reason I kept writing. And I can thank you to the moon and back but it won’t even make a dent in the amount of gratitude I should be showing you guys.

So I’m just going to settle for this- thanks. Thanks for caring and helping and teaching. Thanks for making me smile and humouring little ol’ immature me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, because I have so many fond memories of this website and especially this board, and I just want to thank you all so much for all that you’ve done.

And who knows? Maybe none of you will read this. Maybe you’re all long gone now. Maybe we’re all too old and it’s time to let a new generation take over. But maybe someday we’ll meet again. It’s a small world, after all.

I’m still growing, I’m still learning. I’m still immature and I make mistakes. But thanks for helping me along the way.

“I can't tell you how grateful I am for our little infinity."

So, for the last time…

-Nicole/Paul/Nikki/Colie Bear/awesomekoalabear20, who is literally crying right now and is still procrastinating and should probably be working on her PJO fanfic but is reminiscing about her childhood instead and wants you all to know that she loves you and that she was also really stupid when she was little for putting this much personal information out there but it’s okay because she trusts you all and doubts she’ll get stalked and is really craving maple candy and still has a math assignment she should be doing and hopes you all have a happy Easter and in fact hopes you all have a happy life and is still crying and is appalled because this is the longest run-on sentence ever and just really misses all of you guys and also wishes that she could share her fanfiction name so that she could still keep in touch with you guys and misses the elephant house and is now just going to end this by saying thanks, I love you, and goodbye.

new

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:41 pm

What is your name?

Ella

Whate State/Province do you live in?

I live in Alabama(USA)

What are your favorite colours?

Green,blue,red,black

How old are you?

Tv show,movie,book

How long have you been on the stacks?

A yr. and a half probably

smileyALL OF THEM!!!smiley

new

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:12 pm

What is your name? Elise, but you can call me BillthePony

What State/Province do you live in? Wisconsin/Minnesota

What is your favorite colour(s)? Orange

How old are you? 11

What are you currently writing? A Language Arts assignment.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Ummmm, I think a year, maybe?

What is your favorite HP book? SORCERER"S STONE!!!!!!!

new

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Name: Xavia but call me Briar

State/Province: Florida I only like this place for Didney WURLD! xD

Colour: Blue. NO! GREEN! NOO! Blue.

Currently Writing: Eh, nothing on Scholastic

Stacks: Since I was in 3rd Grade. Wow

Favorite HP book: The Deathly Hallows and the Half-Blood Prince.

(If this place is like, unactive. I'm here!)

[ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2

PRS © 2008 PRS Team