Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Re: INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
new

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

Speaking of boy names, apparently now I'm Paul. I dunno why, my friends now say that I look like a Paul and henceforth I shall forever be referred to as the great and powerful... Paul. =P
Anyways, it's time pour une questione! (You see my French there?)

QUESTION: How is your NaNoWriMo novel coming along?
Mine's actually coming along a lot better than I thought it would... I'm getting to a point where I'm like "Ohmygod, the last story I got this far on was Becoming Emma (actually, Becoming Emma is the only story I ever actually finished and was proud of). I'm behind on my wordcount though, so meh.

Hope everyone answers the question!
~Nicole, who really should be writing right now but is choosing to procrastinate... as usual...

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:34 am

Awesome! Let's be Ladies-Known-As-Guys or LKAG (pronounced...anyway):

How is my NaNoWriMo novel coming along?

Great! 'Cept I couldn't write on it today. Which wasn't cool at all. I think I got like two hundred words max. But Percival, my protagonist, has his brother named Julian. Right? Okay--well, in the first book, there was this girl named Ophelia and she disappeared. She's resurfaced in this book and Julian falls in love with her. Problem is she's on the "bad side" if we want to use simplest terms.

~Tony

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm
How's your NaNoWriMo novel fanfiction coming along? Not doing NaNoWriMo; just sticking to intense worldbuilding for my novel instead of writing the actual darn prose. I'm weird like that. :P I plan to get at least the current chapter of TMI (The Myles Incident) I'm on and hopefully the next one out of the way this week. Just hope I don't end up pulling a TTUD again, if you know what I mean...

Hm. *light bulb* Somehow this makes me want to ask you guys a question: What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most? What part(s) do you like the least? Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak? The funnest parts for me are characters and thinking up (snarky) dialogue. Plotting's a bit iffy, but I'm never too screwed up. Usually. I really like plans to keep me grounded, but it doesn't mean I'm following to the bitter end. So yeah, I'm on this odd middle ground.

Good luck to everyone doing NaNoWriMo! I think you guys will need it. ;)
- Sam (yes, I'm joining LKAG)

new

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Oh yeah! Let's hear it for LKAG!

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most? What part(s) do you like the least? Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak?
Well, I usually don't have an outline, which is generally why I never end up finishing a story, but for this novel I have a really basic outline, where I only put in major events. My books always seem to have a mind of their own, though, so it's hard to stay on track with my outline. As for parts I love and hate to write... I love to write arguments and conversations with those characters that are always so much fun to write. For instance, in the part I just finished, three of my boy characters are rating girls that pass them on the street. It was really awesome to write because all three of the boys are really different- one's snarky and sarcastic, another's immature and excitable, and the last is a major nerd who barely knows anything about girls. And for scenes I hate... I hate writing romance because I always end up going overboard and making it unrealistic, and battle scenes I always have trouble with as well. Also, I suck at endings.

And now I have another question for everyone here as well...
Who is your favourite character to write in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far?
My favourite character so far has to be Chloe. She's the main character, and it's a fun perspective to write from because every other novel I've ever written, the MC is kind of constructed from the same formula- sweet, caring, brave, ext. This time, however, she's sarcastic and witty and really rude. She's also a bit of a bully and is always getting into trouble. Other than that, I'd say one of the boys, Colin, because he's so cheery and immature that it's so much frun to write things he says.

Hope everyone's novels (or fanfictions) are going great!
~Nicole, who is home sick but happy because that means she can write more!
My wordcount: 16,140/40,000

regular_contributor

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:27 am

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most? What part(s) do you like the least? Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak?

I enjoy snappy dialogue, and I enjoy writing meaningful conversations. I also like trying to write a high tension scene and climaxes. Introductions are awful for me (unless it's essay introductions, then I'd love to write hundreds of those rather than one conclusion--anyway!)

I don't like writing romance because I don't like reading it. The kisses I write are about as awkward as the kisses in North by Northwest. Though, with a couple I have now, I think I'm getting better.

I plan with a vague outline. Right now, my characters are tugging at the reins, wanting to break free of my basic plan. Which I'm okay with, I suppose.

Who is your favorite character to write so far?

Christine Dark OR Lord Morgenstern, both in my League of Alchemists series. They are the most complex characters I have. She is vain, but very, very smart. She is skilled and the girl (I hope) girls will want to imitate someday.

And Lord Morgenstern is also complex. A tragic character, alas. Lost his wife and eight-month-old daughter (who was the only child he and his wife were able to have after...I think like twenty-two years of marriage) to smallpox. He caught it, but didn't die. So he feels like he stole from them.

Ironically, I think my main character is made of cardboard. ...Shame.

~Lauren/Tony

A Supporter of LKAG

regular_visitor

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 am
Who is your favourite character in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far? I got characters for both, haha. For that novel I said I'm still worldbuilding (seriously, it's like what would happen if the Roman Empire was in the tropics and there was magic and spirits. Quite a lot to do. And dragons. Can't forget the dragons. :D), The Magister's Dogma, (LE GASP! I think I'm finally getting better at thinking up cool names!) it's this entrepreneur-in-training called Lilas. She's that really, really quiet, stoic person in the corner, but I plan to have lot of what she says end up funny, anyways. She has a crossbow and is not afraid to use it. A great foil for the MC Gideon, who I haven't really established much of a connection/authorly bond with just yet. Oh, the things I must put him through eventually... :P For TMI, it's Arielle for sure. She's the result of two certain TTUD characters lumped up together (hey, Mother Nature loves recycling, right?) and improved, so that's probably why.

- Sam

regular_contributor

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm
LKAG! OH YEAH!

Nice questions, Paul and Sam :P

How is your NaNoWriMo novel coming along?
I'm not doing NaNo, actually, but I do started writing a novel this month. It's doing great, given that I take my time. I'm really do beginning to love it (not meaning to boast about my writing, but enjoy what I'm writing)

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most?
Those little scenes with dialogue where the characters' personaltiy really gets to show. And not just dialogue- dialogue being one of the many things going on (though when there are too many things going on I feel like my head's going to explode and usually end up editing the scene :P)
What part(s) do you like the least?
I would say the parts that are necessary for the plot to continue, but I don't really like. They vary a lot, so I can't give a specific answer here. Oh, and writing too much monolgue or explanations, but that's generally something that should be avoided ;)
Do you usually plan your plots in detail before writing, or do you "write by the seat of your pants," so to speak?
PLAN! I'm quite religious about this, but I know from my expirience that when I'm well into what I'm writing and have planned it neatly so far, things just work out themselves :)(though I also tend to make a general plan, then add the details when I write it)

Who is your favourite character to write in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far?
My favorite characters to write about are Melissa, Ignotus, Augustos and Lisette
Lisette is a rather minor character, but by far my favorite adult in the story. She's French, mother of five children and her husband is abroad working (she latterly joins him, as her elder daughter and son return from college so there's someone to take care of the youngest kids)
I love her introductions, and the dialogue/scenes she gets to have with Melissa (her daughter) and Augustos (the lead character)
I think what I love on Melissa and Ignotus is that they're a mixture of myself and certain individuals I dislike. *smirk goes here* Well... I could go on about them, but it would get too long. Generally, they crash, but they find a way to work out eventually (not romantically, but they begin as eternal arguers/enemies, eventually turning into friendship)
I really do like Augustos, which is good, since he gets a lot of attention. I mostly like his spirit, and his evaluation. He gets to be brave and less loud, which I actually enjoy on him (I've written about quiet characters becoming louder, but not of louder becoming quieter. And I like how he's turning out. If you get what I mean)

regular_visitor

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 am
GUYS! THE CRICKETS ARE COMING BACK! DO I HAVE TO GET THE GAMEMAKERS (we're friends on Facebook; #badsenseofhumour) OVER HERE TO EXTERMINATE THE PLACE NEXT TIME?! *out of breath*

*recovers and cleans up the old-fashioned way* All better for now! Let's get to it!

So, NaNoWriMo (or any other writing project in the works)! Didja finish in time, or finish in general? Not finish? Where are you now, if not? Was/is it fun, regardless, etc.? For my fanfic, I'm most definitely not done--you could say that I'm still writing out the inciting incident for it as a whole. Yeah. A pretty big story arc. Still worth it in my opinion. I whizzed through the current chapter I'm on in one seating a few days ago, but the ending to it is, at the moment, such a cop-out; I'll probably be stuck fixing it for a while.

- Sam, who has exams for the rest of this week and the next. *mutters about life incoherently*

frequent_contributor

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 am
Oh my god what happened to the time? O.O I swear I never thoug

What is your name? The Great Kate Weather Machine, or since I'm joining the LKAG I want everyone to call me Benedict.

What State/Province do you live in? Between Seattle, Washington and San Francisco, California. I'd say that's pretty pinpointed.

What is your favorite colour(s)?: I love all colors of the rainbow XD

How old are you? 13 but I still rule all of you peasants

What are you currently writing? Uh well not counting BW which I basically abandonned, I am sort of working on a novel called Jane Doe.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Uh... March 2010. On my old account. Twinktoes86 lol can you imagine me as a 5th grader again all my posts were horrid. Plus Twinktoes86 sounds wrong.

What is your favorite HP book? GoF as usual

How is your NaNoWriMo novel coming along? Well unlike you professional 50K writers over there, I was stupid enough to type mine on a copmuter that glitches. ALOT. So I lost my whole thing like a week in, cried, and gave up. But hey, I still love my idea and I'm still working on it XD

What part(s) of writing a story do you enjoy the most?
Actually, my favorite part is the pre-story. The planning and making all the backstories and knowing exactly how it's going to end way before anyone else does :) That's basically why I love Jane Doe so far basically because all I've done is 5K and loads of preplanning. Same goes for BW

Who is your favourite character to write in your novel (or fanfiction!) so far? If we're talking Battle Wrecked then my favorite character is Emerson BY FAR. Eheh, sorry guys but sometimes you just love your own characters the best :P I feel connected to him since I'm the only one who knows who is really is. My characters aside, my two other favorites are Vanessa and Atticus because I love how bad to the bone Vanessa is and how quirky and awkward Atticus is.

Did ya know I've been imagining the story take place in 1930's New York, and the Orange and Cyan alliances were actually mob gangs? It's really cool just because all the characters are so much more emphasized in a glamorous and dangerous lifestyle. It's just cool! Of course, Emerson and Malcolm are the bosses- but Atticus is basically just Emersons unsuspecting best friend who kind of unwillingly gets sucked into things (A Bugsy Malone of sorts I guess). Vanessa is like Malcolm's right hand girl who refuses to bow to anyone, even him, which is why he likes her- because he loves a challenge. And Alexandria is a librarian whose family has roots in the Orange gang, although she is just a civilian. 

I love imagining AU's for things, which is probably why I'm so set bak in my writing the actual thing ugh. But now it just seems so much less daring than the 1930s gangs XD oh well, it'll do. Next adventure- time travel! 

♥ LOViLOVE ♥

nmattewhagender

EQUALITY 2013

~Twinktoes87~

● ♂♂ ● ♂♀ ● ♀♀ ● 

new

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:47 pm

AHHHHH! *grabs spray and exterminates all the crickets*. Anyways, onto the question....
>

I actually finished on time... I was so surprised when I did, cause I really thought I couldn't do it. It really pushed me a lot, and there were days where I was like, "Oh my god I can't write anymore... I'm just going to quit," and then there were days when I wrote 2k and was like, "In your face NaNoWriMo!" As far as the actual novel itself goes, however, I'm almost done the climax, so the story is pretty much wrapping up right now. The only problem is, without NaNoWriMo, I'm procrastinating instead of writing. I'm aiming to get the first draft done by Jan. 1st, but to do that I'm probably going to have to write about 3k today, which is so not possible... *sigh*.

How did everyone else's writing adventures go?
~Paul, who is super tired because her family had a Christmas party last night that went till 3 AM....

regular_contributor

Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I forgot Katherine joined LKAG! Benedict. :D Love it. And *GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* You love Atticus! Excited!

NaNoWriMo

Finished A Dark Intention and it was the bomb-diggity (...don't act like you've never used that word.) When I get the first book back, I can work on the rest of the edits for the first book, then move on to the preliminary edits for the second book probably in January.

But for right now, I'm writing this kick-tail Grimm Brothers story. Gretel, Jack (the Giant Killer; he's an English F.T. transfer), and Red have to aid Jacob and Wilhelm in overthrowing the regime headed by Mother Gothel, Grayhead (the Big Bad Wolf), Pinocchio (Italian F.T. transfer), and the Marvelous Minstrel. It is flippin' insane.

Sam, you mastered the story arc? Impressive *applauds*

Paul, yack, late nights. I have those in bed, reading. WHICH I'm up to 145 books out of 150 for the year with 2 weeks left to go! :D

I'm sorry I'm such a slacker for this place...

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm
Anyone missed me? I haven't been on my homeboard for ages-- sorry for the inactivity, guys. (Alright, Ladies known as the first, since I don't see any boys around)

Oh, welcome Benedict! (Y U NO LIEK MA CHARACTERZ?)

BUT I'm going to be more active from now on, on reading, replying, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...
WRITING!

Now onto sirius stuff, I think I'm officially giving A Hero's Name a break (You: Oh, yeeeeeah! Now I remember! Wait... isn't it abandoned since, like, last year or something?). Things got wrong with the plot and I just don't feel like continuing. For the time being. IF anyone cares enough to take over, you're allowed! I am planning to return with a revised, improved version of AHN in the faraway future though, but up until then, I would love to welcome each one of you to the world of...
My new masterpiece! (more like monsterpiece. Hahaha, my humor.)

Alright, basic overview: So it's #Main Heroine and #Main Hero and they're siblings, children of two teachers at Durmstang and themselves students of the school
So in the fanfic students were taught the Dark Arts in Durmstang and, even more importantly, they were even involved in minor missions for Voldermort. Most teachers were Death Eaters, and as the #Main Leads' parents were such, they were the first to be involved in such things (like working for Voldermort and given allowance to practise Dark magic outside school)
And then, Voldermort fell, the Order won and #Their parents were sent to Azkaban, but as #Lead Siblings are underage, they can't imprisoned so it's finally decided they should be sent to different schools were they would be watched 24/7. So #Heroine goes to Hogwarts and #Hero to Bobbattons. The first part of the story follows the girl, the second her brother's adventures/basically Point Of View

Thoughts?

regular_contributor

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:26 pm

@Mitsos:

First Reaction: *sobs*

Second Reaction: *sniffle* N-new monsterpiece?

Third Reaction: It's not bad.

Fourth Reaction: *picks up jaw* YEAAAAAAAAH! This is gonna be the BOMB! I love it already! It sounds spectacular! Go for it! GO FOR ITTTT!

Meanwhile, I have that whole "Fandom at Hogwarts" thing that I wrote--but probably won't post. I've got like seven sequences with the Avengers, and everyone wants Avatar: TLA or LoK...but I know nothing and don't have the channel it's on. Merp. So.

Eagerly anticipating Mitsos' story, because it sounds amazing :D

~Tony

regular_visitor

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm
@Mitsos: Huzzah! New monsterpieces are always good!

Oh, and two other things; a) I'm changing my LKAG name to Gabriel (if that's allowed?), and b) Happy New Year, everybody! :D
- Gabriel/Sam

regular_contributor

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm

@Gabriel: Totally allowed :D

~Tony

new

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 pm
So, I'm always in (is that right? I'm in Elephant house? I dunno.) Elephant house, and now I am responding, so.... Is there a form you fill out?

Anybody have cool html things????

new

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 am

@ Mitsos- I love that idea! It's so original and I personally think people don't write enough about the other wizarding schools. You should so do it!
@ Everyone else- I'm sorry for not updating with questions for a while... my phone broke and I usually use that to go on this website, and it's gonna be six weeks until it's fixed, so I'm going to be updating less frequently now... but here's a new question to tide you all over:

What Is Your Favourite Christmas Present That Your Recieved? If You Don't Celebrate Christmas, What Was Your Favourite Present You Got For Your Last Birthday?
My favourite Christmas present would probably be the giant fluffy beanbag chair. It has to be the most confortable thing I have ever sat in. I got a ton of clothes too, so that's pretty awesome.

Also, I have a confession to make- I'm reading Twilight! So far, I hate it, but my friend said she'll finally read Harry Potter if I read all of the Twilight books, so I'm stuck reading about sparkly vampires that have no lives and werewolves that can't keep their shirts on (sorry if that offended anyone who likes Twilight).

Anyways, that's all for now, so as usual, respond to the question and keep on visiting the Elephant House!
~Nicole, who thinks that that sounded very infomercial-like. =P

regular_contributor

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm

@MagicCastle12: Hi! I'm not the founder, but I think I'm the oldest stacker here. Anyway--there is sort of a form you fill out, it's like Name, State/Province, Age, and How Long You've Been on the Stacks. There may be a couple more questions but Nicole/Paul/awesomekoala will have the full form. But you don't have to fill out the form to reply. It's just a good way for us to get to know you!

Favorite Christmas Present?

While it is a little awkward trying to choose a favorite, I will have to say I love my turtle-shaped USB flash drive, snowmen throw blanket, "Keep Calm, I'm the Doctor" magnet, and my own personal copies of Crime and Punishment and The Brothers Karamozov. I also got a really nice notebook/journal that I love. AND A GIANT BOX OF MUSICALS! :D Not to mention the boots. Got a pair of black leather boots so I feel all...9th Doctor and whatnot.

~Lauren

new

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

@magiccastle12- Hi! Welcome to The Elephant House! There's no form to sign up, if that's what you mean, but we do have a form to get to know you a little bit:

What is your name?
What State/Province do you live in?
What is your favorite colour(s)?
How old are you?
What are you currently writing?
How long have you been on The Stacks?
What is your favorite HP book?

It's okay if you don't want to answer any of the questions, it's just so that everyone gets to know each other better!
As well, we have questions every week (for the most part- sometimes I slack off), and a lot of people post story ideas and games- a while ago, we even had a collaborative fanfiction (which we should totally keep doing!), things like that. Also, thanks to Tony/Lauren (also known as theaterchik), we now have LKAG (Ladies Known As Guys), so if you want to post a guy name for yourself, that's totally allowed!
Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy The Elephant House!
~Nicole/Paul, who thinks she used a lot of parentheses in this...
PS: Sorry, I suck at HTML, so I can't help you there...

regular_visitor

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:18 am
Hi, magiccastle12! Gabriel/Samantha here; welcome!

For Christmas my favourite gift was a new video game--no, make that three; the Mass Effect Trilogy bundle. Ridiculously fun, if you like that sort of thing. :) Some other cool things I got were these awesome-sauce shoes, a cool black jacket and Les Misérables! Like, the book by Victor Hugo! It's sitting on my shelf right now, but I haven't started reading it yet. When I do, maybe when I have the time I'll tell you guys what I think of it. :D
Which now begs the question...

Any of you watch Les Misérables at the movies yet? I was fully expecting to pretty much bawl my eyes out when I went--which I'm not ashamed to admit I actually did, LOL. Musicals aren't often my thing, but I really, really liked how the movie was done (Hugh Jackman/Jean Valjean for the flippin' win!).

contributor

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:51 pm
HTML Online Editor Sample

What is your name? Alicia
What State/Province do you live in? Texas
What is your favorite colour(s)? Pink and Coral
How old are you? 12. I'm in 7th grade...
What are you currently writing? Erm... *sigh* nothing at the moment... I did do FPS though!
How long have you been on The Stacks? OH MAH GOSHIES! agfhgfgusdhf I MISSED my STACKS birthday! *gasp* Well, I've been on a little over 2 years.
What is your favorite HP book? Umm... Five or Seven. (But I love them all! :) )

@Gabriel: I LOOOOOVED Les Mis! I too bawled my eyes out, and loved Hugh Jackman, and pretty much everyone else! I really want to read the book! Let me know how it is!

@Mitsos: Great idea!!!! I can't wait to read it! Do you need help coming up with names?

@Benedict: NOOO! Please continue BW! :cry: Also, I love MBS references!

Would you care for a lemon drop?

~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling

new

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 am
@ Twinktoes87: Are you hinting at something here?
Kirsten, who is in the 5th grade and doesn't think her posts are THAT bad

new

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 am

Oh my goshness, this place is so busy! So welcome to everyone who's just started to post on here and hope you enjoy it!

@ Gabriel- my parents dragged me and my siblings to watch Les Mis in theaters and I absolutley loved it! I cried during half of it, and the other half I felt like crying. It was amazing, though!*SPOILER* I started bawling the most during Fantine's death and Éponine's death. Which leads me to my rant of the day...

*WARNING: THE FOLLOWING RANT CONTAINS BIG SPOLIERS FOR LES MIS.*
Ok, so IMHO, Éponine and Marius should have ended up together. I know it wouldn't have worked with the plot because it was following Jean Valjean's life and Éponine was just a supporting character, but still! I mean, Éponine grew up in that horrible inn, and even though she was "spoiled", she also had to witness all of the- let's just call it stuff, for the sake of the nine-year-olds on this site- so really she didn't do anything wrong, it was all her parent's fault. And then she falls for Marius, and he goes off after Cosette just because of some cliche "love at first sight" thing, even though Éponine had loved him for years! And then when she died, right afterwards Marius runs off to look for Cosette. Somehow, I don't think that's fair. I'm really not sure why I have such a big opinion about this, but I just do.

And that, my friends, was the Paul rant of the day. Anyways, here's my question for you all- it's also Les Mis related!
What was your favourite song from Les Mis? If you haven't watched it, pick your favourite musical and say your favourite song from that!
I personally loved I Dreamed A Dream, On My Own, One Day More, Do You Hear The People Sing, and A Little Fall of Rain. Mainly because they all made me cry =P.

Okay, so I guess that's all I have to say for today... as usual, keep the questions coming and stick around for more epicalness at... The Elephant House!
~Nicole/Paul, who feels ashamed about how long it's been since she was on this site...

regular_contributor

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Leees MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSERABLESSSSSSSSSSS! :D I loved it! I didn't cry during "I Dreamed a Dream" and that was only because I knew I wouldn't stop. Our theater group is doing it in the next 2-5 years (to keep it vague) and I SO want to be Eponine! :D So, the questione:

Favorite Songs in Les Miserables:

"On my Own", "Master of the House", "One Day More", "I Dreamed a Dream", and..."In My Life."

As for the Marius/Eponine, Marius/Cosette battle, I do like Marius and Cosette. There will always be someone else who loves a member of a pair (Ron/Hermione with Lavender; Harry/Cho with Ginny; etc., etc.), but I don't think Marius and Eponine were right together. I personally didn't like Marius. I would have much rather preferred Eponine with Enjolras or something.

Speaking of musicals as well, has anyone seen or heard of Love Never Dies? The Phantom sequel?? I'm kinda obsessing with it right now...

regular_visitor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 am
A favourite song from Les Mis, eh? First, bear with me here, as I don't even know the titles of them. :P One is the song where you've got Enjolras, Marius and the rest of la résistance all inside the inn... "Do You Hear the People Sing"? Hope I got that right. The other is... the finale, I'll call it. So yeah, those are the two songs that are most memorable to me, as I have a hard time remembering how most of the other songs I didn't mention go. Terrible memory is terrible.

@Tony: Les Mis is gonna be a blast for you guys, I bet. You're in a pretty cool theater group. :D

On the Cosette/Marius/Eponine issue, I was a bit off-put by the love at first sight thing, too. So Paul you're not alone. :P I'm over it but every now and then I'd be a tiny bit disgruntled when I think about it again. I get like that almost everytime the Love Triangle (tm) rears its head in and says hi.

...well that was an interesting image. O_o

Oh, and I still haven't started reading the book Les Mis yet. This Friday, though... I'll crack it open and probably blaze through it in a few days. I'll share my thoughts on it once all's said and done. :D

[ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team