Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Re: INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
regular_visitor

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 am
WAAAHOOOO!!! *confetti* There are 200 posts on the Elephant House as of today! There's not much I can offer other than virtual hugs, snacks and other refreshments, but still! We've come quite a long way! :)

Or maybe there IS something else I can offer. More like a question, really. How many people besides myself still want to continue that RP we were doing a few pages back? I actually remember asking this question before but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask again in case people might've forgotten. If no one's up to it, I'll completely understand and the RP will just be laid to rest, I suppose. Otherwise, we can discuss how to go about it and stuff like that in the future.

That's all from me today! See you guys!
- Gabriel, who has a headache due to French class today, of all subjects. :P

new

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm

First off, congrats to Gabriel for getting the 200th post! Only 300 more till 500!
And as for the question, I vote yes! That story was so much fun- we can't just leave it with everyone in a secret passageway following a mysterious and less-stinky tunnel towards a tiny ray of light! I think we were on Benedict's turn, so we'll take a vote and then go from there.
In other news, I OFFICIALLY HATE CANADIAN WINTERS! It is -25 degrees out, and I seriously froze on my walk to school. And then my eyes started to water, and those tears froze. And, to make it even worse, there's no snow! Just frozen mud and freezing wind. These are the instances where I really wish I lived in Florida...
How's the weather everywhere else?

~Nicole, who just played a game of truth or dare with the boys in her class and has vowed never to do it again...

new

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 pm
What is your name? Emily What State/Province do you live in? South Dakota, USA What is your favorite colour(s)? Dark green, bright red How old are you? 12 What are you currently writing? Nothing right now How long have you been on The Stacks? About a month. What is your favorite HP book? Deathly Hallows OR Order of the Phoenix

regular_contributor

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 pm
@Gabriel: YES! Of course we should! That RP/thingy was the best and can't go down the drain like that... :(

The Elephant House is totally awesome! 200 posts down, that's just awesomely epic! Good job everyone! :D

ASd;lkjgreth guys! Thanks for the love on le idea! Aaaand I should start posting it!

Help with names... actually, I'm not really sure if I need help with names, the main reason I didn't post any names was because the idea was just created and the characters didn't had any names lol :P

...Still don't, or at least, the main siblings. But since they are of Croatian and Albanian descend (well, Durmstang seems to be accepting students from many countries, so I thought I'd make their mother Croatian and father Albanian.) So if you could give find nice names from those countries... cause obviously I could use some help here :P

And to prove myself useful to this thread here are.... DEUX QUESTIONS!!!

Does/Has music inspired your fanfiction writing? Have you written anything after being inspired of a song? Do you find songs to fit your fanfiction/characters?
And

Do you have any OC/Canon pairings? (not just Harry Potter, in general)
Just thought I'd ask, though for the first, it would be cool if we did a Fanfictions Soundtracks thingy :) :D

new

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:55 pm

@Mitsos- Names, names, names... ummm.... well, I used to have a friend who was Croatian and her sister's name was Leandra (say Lay-aund-drah) and I always thought that name was really pretty. And for boys names... no clue, sorry.
As for the questions...
Does/Has music inspired your fanfiction writing? Have you written anything after being inspired of a song? Do you find songs to fit your fanfiction/characters?
Well, I usually just listen to the radio when I'm writing, so I can't really say there's a specific song. I usually write the after-death scenes in novels while playing "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavinge because it really fits the mourning period my characters go through after I kill of their loved ones... which I tend to do quite a bit... and my NaNoWriMo novel's theme song is "Home" by Phillip Phillips. Oh, and romance scenes are always to some sappy song I usually would roll my eyes at (generally something by One Direction). But other than that, I don't think music inspires me that much.
And I have no OC/Canon pairings, sorry. I tend to love most Canon pairings and my OC's usually always fall in love with other OC's.
Now, onto my bigbigmegabig news...
I'm writing a new fanfic.
I kind of feel like I lost all motivation for Still Emma, and now I'm just hiding in The Elephant House and not even looking at other threads. Therefore to get back out into the world of fanfiction, I have decided that a new fanfic is in order.
The new one I have coming out hopefully end of March/beginning of April is called Broken Souls and here's a quick little summary for it:
“Two rebellious muggles get more than they bargained for when they try to sneak into an amusement park and end up possessing one of the pieces of Bellatrix Lestrange’s soul. Now, with the help of a little girl that is obsessed with Harry Potter, her equally nerdy older brother, and a moody park worker, the two girls set off to find out if the whole world surrounding Harry Potter isn’t just really something that a world-famous author dreamed up. But with Death Eaters on their tail, and the Ministry of Magic getting suspicious, it’s going to be anything but easy.”
And... there you have it! I'm excited because it's going to focus more on muggles than wizards and it's also going to explore the topic of horcruxes quite a lot and the whole "love is stronger than magic" concept.
So... what do you guys think of it?

~Nicole, who has a snow day today because there's literally 30cm of snow outside!

regular_contributor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 am
@Nicole: Thanks for answering les questions!

Leandra! LEANDRA IS SO BEAUITFUL! I think I'll name her Leandra. Because it rocks. And it sounds appropriate. So you just became something of a godmother here :P

Oooohhh! Your fanfic idea sounds ah-mazing! I'll miss Emma, a lot. So if you ever get back to her, I'll be happy. But the new fanfic is seriously awesome!
More focus on Muggles- that's something new, but I think I'm going to love it. Usually Muggles are either an obstacle or helpless victims or just cameos but NOW THAT'S EPIC! The characters seem too good! SO WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!
(OH! And the themes/topics are amazing! It's so good to see that!)

OK everybody, now...

NEW THING!
Taking inspiration from St Valentine's day which is fast approaching (though I'm not really a fan of it) I decided to do a personal-challenge-kind-of-thing. Alongside with ma fanfic (which i began working on) I'll put themes in months and then write a oneshot/fanfic on that theme DURING THE MONTH. (for example, something sappy romantic during February, whenever it's or not a Harry Potter fanfic). It would go like this:
February: Romance
March: Family
April: Easter/Easter holidays
May: Outdoors
June: Voyage/travelling
July: Summer Holidays
August: Reunion
September: Indoors
October: Halloween/Horror
November: NaNo no such thing here :P
December: Christmas
January: Past

So whoever wants can do something like this too, cause that'd be awesome! :D

Peace ppl

contributor

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:26 am
@Nicole: I would totally be interested by that fanfic... It sounds really cool! :D

~DJ, who is excited to read this!

.❀Dancingjalepeno❀.
.❀.
"Oh, poor Atlas,
The world's a beast of a burden..."
-Florence and the Machine,What the Water Gave Me
.❀❀.

new

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 am
I just read some of the posts today, and I feel like I know all of you guys. My name is Samantha 'Hello fellow Samantha' , and I live in Illinois. Nicole: When did you change your username??? I must have missed that. I'm in magnet school (look it up if you don't know what that is, because I'm being lazy right now) You guys are awesome! I need to ask one TEENY TINY QUESTION. PPPLLLLEEEEAAASSSSSEEEE reply!!! Here it is... *Drumroll please* If you could create your own word and definition, what would it be? My answer: sogilanto- when you wake up in the morning, and you realize that you have fallen off your bed and through the floor (even though I don't know how someone could sleep through that) Make it as funny as you want!

new

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Ok, just let me check the last time I posted... FEBRUARY 8TH?????? Oh My Gryffindor, I didn't realize it had been that long.... sorry everyone! Now, onto business...
@Mitsos- You're welcome about the name! I think it's really pretty as well =). And I love the one-shot idea! Do we post them on here, or on a different post?
@pugblue70- I changed my username because my old account was being really annoying and refusing to let me log in... =(. And as for your question... umm.... I honestly have no idea. When I think of one I promise I'll post it!
@Everyone else- the fanfic idea I posted back in February is being put on a major delay thanks to the glorious thing known as high school prep and final projects. Oh, and grad, which is apparently a really big deal now *rolls eyes*. So I'm thinking about doing it as a summer project, meaning that it won't be out till August/September. Oh, and I've also started writing Percy Jackson fanfics now (on a different website), so that's taking up a fair chunk of my time. So... sorry.
As well, WHERE HAS EVERYONE BEEN? I know I'm being really hypocritical by saying that, but it honestly feels really empty around here. So post people, post!

~Paul/Nicole, who is excited cause it's supposed to be really warm and sunny tomorrow!

new

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm
This place is kinda empty... *Spongebob on a rainy day in a cafe scene shows* *orders coffee and a PB&J*

regular_contributor

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm
@Nicole: We can post them here! If you don't mind... so we don't get lost, going from one thread to another. PLZ DO IT IT'LL BE SOOO COOL SISTER!

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:26 pm
Please tell me the Elephant House is not over? *crawls in corner and quietly cries over the good ol' times*

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NOVEL! I mean it! Actually, it's an improvement for the first novel I started working on last year, then put off hiatus planning to go back and fix it, and now I sort of am... though it's very different (better, I like to think)

You're not going to see it in bookstores for a long, long time. Not until it's a fountain-shaker :twisted:

What can I say? I won't say anything. :P

frequent_contributor

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:15 pm
HEYHEYHEY THIS PLACE ISN'T DEAD WADDUP I AM HERE KATHERINE HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING.

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm
Benedict... ARE YOU BACK?
Please tell me you're here and you're never going to leave please please please.
Bytheway, on that RP-thing we did, it's your turn now :twisted: (And I don't care if we haven't heard of Sam or Tony or Paul for ages. As a good STACKer you ought to post that POV)

ThoughimahypocritenowcauseishouldpostaDramioneoneshotforyouaspromisedlonglonglongtimeago.

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hipolyte

new

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:09 pm

WAIT NO NO NO NO IT'S NOT DEAD AT ALL DON'T GO I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!
*clears throat* Er, hi... everyone. I know I've been MIA for the last little bit, but school has been so insane lately that I haven't even been able to write, much less post on this. But hey, I'm here now!
So I suppose I should probably tell you all what's going on with me... I'm graduating Grade 8 in exactly 2 weeks! School's still going strong, though- I'm actually supposed to be working on a Science project right now. And I got my Grad dress and OH MY GOD... I'm not one for dresses but I absolutely love it! Oh, and as far as writing goes, I trashed my NaNoWriMo novel cause it was horrible, and right now I'm writing a lot of fanfiction, when I have the time, as well as a collab story with two of my friends. Oh, and I'm in the midst of writing the 'June' oneshot for Anna's idea, so be on the lookout for that!
Anyways, what's up with all of you? I feel like I haven't talked to any of you guys in forever. Is anyone out for summer vacation yet? What are your plans for summer? Did you go on any end of year trips? Anything big happening in anyone's life? Let's get this place back in business, people!
~Nicole/Paul, who is about to go and register for high school and is super nervous...

regular_contributor

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:12 pm
YES! COLIE IS BACK TOO! COLIE WRITE THAT FANFIC YOU PROMISED WILL YOU?

I'm already on vacation... and I will be for a long time :twisted: Expect a hugeload of updating from me now.

Oh, happy high school days Paul! (We should totally remember our LKAG names) It isn't that dramatic, high school, but you should most likely not take this statement very seriously given what different situations we're in (yeah, making you feel better)

I'll be going on, like, 11th grade on September... I DON'T KNOW WHEN THIS HAPPNED AND I'M JUST... DON'T. CAN'T.
Oh, I started writing that fanfic with Leandra :D It's called Missing Death by Inches (for reasons) :P

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hippolyte

frequent_contributor

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 am
@ANNA: OK OK I'LL GO CHECK IT OUT NO PROMISES THOUGH BENEDICT HAS A VERY BUSY LIFE K?

@Paul: Hey fellow 8th grade grad :) How is you?

new

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 pm

You guys.... I don't know why I ever stopped coming on here! It always cheers me up so much... =)
@ Mitsos- Grade 11? Wow, I never realized how much older than me you were! And that fanfic is coming along veeery slowly, but it's still coming along! Oh, and thanks for trying to make this place come back to life (I saw your post on the general discussion board).
@ Benedict- I is good! We should throw a virtual grad party on here =D
Also, has anyone heard from Tony or Sam? I've been looking around the forums (read: stalking), and I haven't seen any posts from them in a while... hopefully with the start of summer vacation they'll show up!
Oh, and I got my high school schedule! But I have no classes with my BFF, so that sucks. But hey, I have classes with a lot of my other friends, so I'm happy about that!
Anyways, thanks for getting this place alive again!
~Nicole/Paul, who is going on an epic field trip Friday and is super excited...

contributor

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 pm
Ok, I signed up for the Reply Movement, and, as an author, I am going to keep to my agreement. I am advertising my fanfic, Chamber of Secrets Discovered, so that people can reply and give me criticism on my plot and storyline, on the reality of the situation, and on background info, grammar, punctuation, etc. If you do read it, you need to read The Mysterious Death of Minerva McGonagall first. Please go and read it AND REPLY. Don't just read and leave. Reply and keep replying 'till it's over (see the Reply Movement by Hippolyte for how to construct a proper reply and how to be a good reply-er). PLEASE.
~Snitchy/Lioness

contributor

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm
Hi guys! I don't really go on this board very often, but I'm here to say hi! :) I'm Foreverelephant for those of you who don't know me, but if you want you can call me Elphie. :D Nice to meet all of you!
Foreverelephant

"You're mad. Bonkers.
Off your head.
But I'll tell you a secret:
All the best people are."
--Charles Kingsleigh
Alice in Wonderland movie (2010)✿❧

regular_contributor

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:54 pm
Good to meet you too, Elphie! :D

contributor

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:50 am
Ok, I'm advertising again. I REALLY want you guys to go check out my McGonagall one shot, but the re-do, not the original. It's called Falling: a Re-Do of a McGonagall one shot. Please please PLEASE read and reply with criticism on the reality of the situation and the feelings, and on punctuation and grammar. PLEASE!!!!!!! I'm trying to hold up to the Reply Movement and I can't do that if no one replies to what I write so I can't get anything from it!!!!!!!!!!!
~Snitchy/Lioness

new

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 pm
I was told to post here, and I guess that this has something to do with writing. ;)

Has anyone ever done National Novel Writing Month before? (You attempt to write a 50 000 word manuscript in the month of November.) I did it in 2012, and it was so much fun! (I got 50 008 words as of day 29. ;) )

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Skyelark Moon :lol:

new

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Gah! I did it again! *gets on knees and begs for forgiveness* Sorry for not coming on in such a long time, everyone. I'm having the busiest summer ever and it kind of slipped my mind.
I'm guessing most of you amazing people are on summer vacation right now, so how are you all enjoying it so far? Mine's been hot, wet and hilarious. I swear, I'm living in my pool until school starts again. :)
@Skylark Moon- I have done NaNoWriMo, but I did the Young Writer's version, where you choose how many words you write. I wrote 40000, which I thought was pretty good. Also, welcome!
@foreverelephant- Hi! Nice to meet you as well!
So... yeah. That's about all I got, unless anyone here wants to read my five page rant about how nervous I am to start high school (actually, I can't post that here due to some...erm... colourful words). Until next time!
~Nicole/Paul, who is trying to find time to write that Harry Potter fanfiction... she swears she's trying!

contributor

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 pm
@Awesomekoalabear20: :D
@Hippolyte: Hi... Do I know you from someplace??
~Elphie♥

[ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team