Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next
 INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
regular_visitor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm
Elsie, can you float this? Thanks! Hi! OK, so I was looking through the messages, and realized something along the lines of "I like this person's story, but I wish I knew more about them".  So then I got thinking that maybe we could get to know each other here! *Imaginary Trumpets Play* So, you're probably wondering about the title, right? Well, it just so happens that The Elephant House is a cafe in Britain, one of the cafe's where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter and the Philsosopher's Stone! So what do we do? ANYTHING! The Elephant House is like a virtual cafe!  Have conversations, ask questions, share book ideas, and get to know your fellow fanfictioners!   So.. I'll ask a few questions to get us started (NOTE: These are just basic guidelines, let your imagination go wild!) (ANOTHER NOTE: My answers are in pink)   What is your name?  Nicole   What State/Province do you live in?  Ontario!  That's right, I'm Canadian! :)  (AND DO NOT LIVE IN A IGLOO)   What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Aqua   How old are you? 12   What are you currently writing? My new fanfic!  I'm also writing a novel (Or trying to, anyways).   How long have you been on The Stacks? I think since this Febuary, but have to check.   What is your favorite HP book?  Umm... I think Order of the Pheonix, but I like them all! You can basically talk about anything- as long as it is within the guidelines! Some things to talk about.... -School -Boys -TV shows or movies (PG please!) -HARRY POTTER! -Something you're writing -Upcoming stories -Anything else you can think of! Please reply and let's get the conversation going!     - Colie Bear AKA Nicole Witch, Mockingjay, Fairy, Half Blood, and Author. PROUD CANADIAN! "There are many people in life you cannot figure out.  I think you are one of those people." Madame Hepburn, Peratants: The Adventure Begins. Proudly Boyfriendless "You are one of the most insensitive warts I have ever had the misfourtune to meet." Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Order of The Pheonix "Hapiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban "Why must life be simple?  I prefer to live it with entusiasim, blood, and a little taste of death." Emagira, Peratants: Rising Up.

Re: INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
contributor

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:13 pm
What is your name? Laura

What State/Province do you live in? Texas! (USA)

What is your favorite colour(s)? Purple, Neon Green

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? A couple new fanfics, and i stared writing a non hp related book, and i plan on continuing it, just not until after i finish with the fanfics

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since June of this year. So, about four months.

What is your favorite HP book? I can never choose between Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. But those two are defiantly my favorites.

i'm gonna use the "upcoming stories" topic....
i've posted prologues for two new stories i'm planning on writing. I haven't posted one for the second April Johnson, though, cause i'm terrible at sneak peaks and it doesn't have a prologue.
So, the second April Johnson will be the last full-length April story. But I'm not ready for everything April to die! I'm thinking of writing little 1-5 part stories of little things in April's life. Like maybe when she was younger. Like, when she get her first wand or get the letter from Hogwarts. Or maybe a little thing about where April and what she did when the Battle of Hogwarts was going on. Or even farther into the future, I could do a thing about April's kids (she has three... in the future). Little things like that.
Not only little stories about April, though. I think it would be fun to do something from the point of view of one of the Sky siblings (Matt, Ruby, and Jenny). Or from one of April's siblings (though I'm not as interested about doing that).
Then I wanted to do character profiles and back stories and things. That one's a maybe. If I do that, it would probably have more detailed descriptions of how the main character look(hair color, height,eye color, skin color, face shape, etc.), more about their family, and little facts about them (likes and dislikes, no matter how irrational. What their wands are made of. Birthdays, milestones, habits).

This is a really cool idea, Nicole (love that name, by the way. one of my cousin's also named Nicole). "Virtual Cafe". I'll come here often. :D

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!,
~ :) chattycrimson6 :)

regular_contributor

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 pm

What is your name?  (I'm gonna not use my real name) Amara

What State/Province do you live in? NH

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Aqua (same as me!), I also like white, Orange, mid night blue, gray blue, red,(Axel: We get it you like a lot of colors. / Me: Yes, but not a HUGE fan of pink.)

How old are you? 11

What are you currently writing? MANY things dear, Voldy time, A ghost ballet, that other one, oh and Mermaid at Hogwarts! MANY things.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Not sure, a long time?

What is your favorite HP book?  Prisoner of Azkaban!!! He he =P
WELL to get this thing started (or continued...), I am already planing the VOLDY TIME HALLOWEEN EPISODE!!!!
Axel: That's nice.
Me: Shut up Axel. I know you don't care.
Axel: I won't care till you put me in it.
Me: What the- AXEL YOU ARE IN IT! Also is Zexion!
Axel: YAY I'M IN IT!
Zexion: (-_-")
ANY WAY, so I'm gonna have a WHOLE LOT OF SURPRISES for y'all! Shh! Don't tell Voldy! ;-D BUT if any one has any suggestion feel free to share them! There's no wrong answer!
Axel ; We burn the place down!
Me: That's a horrible answer.
Sorry for Axel, Zexion is much more calm.
Well any suggestions, and I will be doing a post for this, but any suggestions fell free to say! Except for you Axel.
Axel: (-_-")

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am
What is your name? 
Lauren

What State/Province do you live in?
Illinois

What is your favorite colour(s)? 
Purple. Hands down. But I also enjoy other colors.

How old are you?
Foh-teen (14, I'm weird)

What are you currently writing?
Oh my word...words, actually. I'm writing the Halloween HP Show! episode, A Really Weasley Christmas, and something for NaNoWriMo (but that's not until November 1st)

How long have you been on The Stacks?
August of 2010. :-)
What is your favorite HP book?
 I've grown to really like the Goblet of Fire, actually.

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am
This is an AWESOME idea! Seriously, it's brilliant! I'll answer the questions! :smileyhappy:

What is your name? Christina

What State/Province do you live in? Massachusetts!

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple!

How old are you? 12!

What are you currently writing? The Stars Come Out For Me! It's already halfway done! After that, though I'm planning to write a fan fic about George and Angelina, how they got together after Fred's death. That one's still in its early stage, but it's coming along!

How long have you been on The Stacks? A year and 27 days! I joined on October 1st 2010!

What is your favorite HP book? Deathly Hallows! I also love Goblet of Fire, though!

~ Christina

frequent_vsitor

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:54 pm
What is your name?  Daniella

What State/Province do you live in?  New Jersey, USA. MY COUSINS LIVE IN ONTARIO! THAT'S IN CANADA!

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Aqua, Turquoise, Jade Green (inspiration for first part of screenname), All shades of blue, green, and purple, pretty much.

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? Trying to write my fanfics but have been slacking off. Heh heh, just wrote slacking odd. Weird me being weird me. Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of developing a script for a playwriting contest I heard about! Will they let me write some songs for it? It'll be about a few adults fresh out of college, with big dreams of being stars and working as waiters and waitresses in a restaurant as they try to get their big breaks! So, it would be fun if there were songs...And still wondering whether I should go ahead with it even though I'm 12 and the characters I'm talking about are going to be at least 24 or 25.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since the beginning of my summer vacay. So, since late June 2011.

What is your favorite HP book?  I like Order of the Pheonix narrowly, over Deathly Hallows by about .1...would have liked Deathly Hallows if Dobby and Fred hadn't died.
You can basically talk about anything- as long as it is within the guidelines!
Some things to talk about....
-School
-Boys
-TV shows or movies (PG please!)
-HARRY POTTER!
-Something you're writing
-Upcoming stories
-Anything else you can think of!

Adding some things...AVPM, AVPS, AVPT, STARSHIP, AND ANYTHING TEAM STARKID! If I could change my screenname, I would have changed it to starkid some sort of random number that Scholastic gives me, but I've been on a bit too long to change my name now.

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 10-30-2011 10:22 PM

contributor

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:17 pm
is your name?  Isabel

What State/Province do you live in?  British Columbia  That's right, I'm Canadian!  
What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, orange, pink

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? nothing yet, i think im going to continue the fanfic i started before i left
How long have you been on The Stacks? since 2007 but i wasn't alowed on the message boards then
What is your favorite HP book?  deathly hallows

contributor

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 pm
What is your name? Mary

'What State/Province do you live in? PLEASE!!! I don't want to mention. Even if I do trust everybody here, I have to be Cyber Smart!

What is your favorite colour(s)? I mean tons of colors! It sometimes depends on my mood, I mean I feel like blue matches with my mood now, NO I AM NOT SAD! I am just chilax hah, Chill+Relax= Chilax! HAHA, get it? Sorry, I'm just.... NVM..

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? Possibilty For Love. Well, the first few parts are marked as Battle For Love, but I changed the title, so. It's a love story, I was told it was really good. But, a writer can never have perfect writing skills!

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since last November, WOHOOO! ALMOST A YEAR!!!

What is your favorite HP book? Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows, I mean, that's when Ginny+Harry and Hermione+Ron started developing!!! DUH!! AND EVERYTHING GETS INTRESTING AND AWESOME THERE! I actually finished the series last Friday, October 28, 2011, if anybody is reading this in like 2012, 2013, 2014 and the future years!!!

~Winterprincess18
~Mary

§Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you§

~Thomas Jefferson

It’s normal to be a little bit weird, but it’s really weird to be normal.

- MY friend

{HUFFLEPUFFS UNITE!}

(If you are in Hufflepuff, copy and paste this in you sign-off)

?

It’s true I’m a girl.

Got a problem with that?

?*?*?*

Just look upand hope.

?*?*?*

frequent_vsitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm
What is your name?  Brooke

What State/Province do you live in?  New Brunswick (never seen an igloo)

What is your favorite colour(s)?  I dunno.

How old are you? 12 years old

What are you currently writing? In the middle of a next gen fanfic

How long have you been on The Stacks? since August 2010

What is your favorite HP book?  How to decide?

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:04 pm
OK, so it seems like we're starting to get the idea... great answers to the questions everyone, I'm really excited for all of the new stories we're going to have on this board.  Remember, this is a virtual cafe, so HAVE CONVERSATIONS!  Reply to other people's messages, suggest ideas, post random facts. 
So I'm going to start like a question of the week, which I want everyone to TRY to answer, so that we can get more ideas flowing.  They might be HP related, school related, or book or movie related. 
SO... the first question is...

HP: What is your favorite character and why?
School:  What is your favorite subject?  Why?
Book: What books (other than Harry Potter) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like?  Are any of your OC's based on characters from other books?

Remember... connect and comment!
If anyone has any suggestions, or ideas that they want feedback on, or questions about anything in life (as long as it is appropriate), feel free to post it!
PS:  I'm also going to try and get a newsletter going, so if you want to be a fanfic reviewer, an editor, or a new story updater, please reply to this message or in another one, stating why you want the job and why! 
PPS:  I'm also looking for someone to do a poll on different things each week... reply to this if you to do that! 

- Colie Bear

Witch, Mockingjay, Fairy, Half Blood, and Author.

PROUD CANADIAN!

"There are many people in life you cannot figure out.  I think you are one of those people."

Madame Hepburn, Peratants: The Adventure Begins.

Proudly Boyfriendless

"You are one of the most insensitive warts I have ever had the misfourtune to meet."

Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Order of The Pheonix

"Hapiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"Why must life be simple?  I prefer to live it with entusiasim, blood, and a little taste of death."

Emagira, Peratants: Rising Up.

1drop of water can make a puddle, which makes a pond, which makes a stream, which makes a river, which makes an ocean, which fuels the world.  In other words, be careful, because a little thing goes a long way.

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 pm
Cool!  I like the idea for the character profiles, cause it gives you more detail!

- Colie Bear

PROUD CANADIAN!

"There are many people in life you cannot figure out.  I think you are one of those people."

Proudly Boyfriendless

"You are one of the most insensitive warts I have ever had the misfourtune to meet."

"Hapiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

"Why must life be simple?  I prefer to live it with entusiasim, blood, and a little taste of death."

1drop of water can make a puddle, which makes a pond, which makes a stream, which makes a river, which makes an ocean, which fuels the world.  In other words, be careful, because a little thing goes a long way.

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 pm
The script is an epic idea!  You should go for it!

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:07 pm
Love your randomness....
The whole Axel and Zexion thing rules!

- Colie Bear

PROUD CANADIAN!

Proudly Boyfriendless

contributor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:43 am
I live in british columbia to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

contributor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:47 am
What is your name?  Gillian

What State/Province do you live in? British columbia That's right, I'm from Canada!   (AND DO NOT LIVE IN A IGLOO)

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Blue

How old are you? 11(finally)

What are you currently writing?I don't have a title but it's about girls at camp

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since June 2011

What is your favorite HP book?  fourth

regular_contributor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:27 pm

HP: What is your favorite character and why?
Shockingly, I really like Ludo Bagman. I like him because he just sort of has this likeable personality and you just want to be around this guy.

School:  What is your favorite subject?  Why?
 I really like logic class, and foreign language because they're different classes you don't see in every public school. I'm starting to like Geometry and history. I'm growing to like Biology and... I have a couple other classes I like.

Book: What books (other than Harry Potter) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like?  Are any of your OC's based on characters from other books?
 I loved The Princess Bride by William Goldman, Contingency by Paula Wiseman (granted, it's more of an adultish book...but anyway); Ah...I'm reading Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, because it's a really tough read, but it's been so tremendously incredible. I've got loads more that I loved, though.
I love dystopian fiction and fantasy stuff. Oddly, reading realistic fiction feels weird because it doesn't feel...real to me. I prefer capes to jackets, apparently.
I haven't really based any character off of another character that I know of.

Ah...other question suggestions:
~TV Shows
~Movies (but that could tie in with TV Shows)
~Hobbies (if we haven't asked that already)
I'd do anything you ask me to, Colie. So if you need anything, just holler!

regular_visitor

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 pm
Wow.... I feel like an epic fail... those last three things I posted in the Elephant House were meant to be replies to the comments... must have clicked the wrong button... :)

- Colie Bear

PROUD CANADIAN!

Proudly Boyfriendless

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 pm
AND IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Seriously, I saw the title and was like "Elephant? Huh." But once I read it was like... *happy dance* *Hugs you* I already love this thread! Fanfiction needs a virtual cafe... and which one's more suitable than an online version of J.K.'s fave one in real life? NONE!

What is your name? *waves* I'm Anna

What State/Province do you live in? I live in North Greece :smileyhappy:
What is your favorite colour(s)? Blue and tirqouise... oh, I just killed it. I'll learn to spell that word once, you'll see I will...

How old are you? 14

What are you currently writing? Um, nothing currently, BUT I'm planning to start a Hunger Games Alternate Universe fanfic, in which Prim do went to the Games. I'm also supposed to be writing a super-epic fanfic about Teddy Lupin but... I don't know. I made a quick plan and I'm like... poof. I don't think I'm ready for something so big yet :( I'm do gonna work on a couple of sequels for Exceed Expectations, though! Can't leave those guys behind!
How long have you been on The Stacks? More than a year and a half, I joined on February 2010
What is your favorite HP book? Gosh, don't I love them all! Deathly Hallows for sure, though!

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."

~Hippolyte

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:02 pm

_Colie Bear_ wrote:
Elsie, can you float this? Thanks!
Hi!
OK, so I was looking through the messages, and realized something along the lines of "I like this person's story, but I wish I knew more about them". 
So then I got thinking that maybe we could get to know each other here!
*Imaginary Trumpets Play*
So, you're probably wondering about the title, right?
Well, it just so happens that The Elephant House is a cafe in Britain, one of the cafe's where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter and the Philsosopher's Stone!
So what do we do?
ANYTHING!
The Elephant House is like a virtual cafe!  Have conversations, ask questions, share book ideas, and get to know your fellow fanfictioners!

So.. I'll ask a few questions to get us started
(NOTE: These are just basic guidelines, let your imagination go wild!)
(ANOTHER NOTE: My answers are in pink)

What is your name? Samantha (penname for everyone's convenience so they don't have to type out the dreadfully long series of characters on the top left corner of my posts which is my username...)

What State/Province do you live in? All I'm saying is I'm also from Canada (high five!). In a proper house. With heat. With cool(ish) weather outside. Gee, I was expecting a snowstorm today! (obvious sarcasm. Yeah, I have a habit of doing that.)

What is your favorite colour(s)? I have an awful lot (it says on my STACKS profile), but I'll just choose blue.

How old are you? 13. Almost.

What are you currently writing? Time Turned Upside Down/TTUD! And if there's any other ideas I get I'll suggest it here in the café and see what you guys think.

How long have you been on The Stacks? I think it was since August 2010.

What is your favorite HP book? Deathly Hallows, hands down.
You can basically talk about anything- as long as it is within the guidelines!
Some things to talk about....
-School
-Boys
-TV shows or movies (PG please!)
-HARRY POTTER!
-Something you're writing
-Upcoming stories
-Anything else you can think of!
Please reply and let's get the conversation going!

- Colie Bear AKA Nicole

PROUD CANADIAN!

Proudly Boyfriendless

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm
Hm, I can answer those questions!

Who's your favourite HP character and why? I may have mentioned it earlier, but in case not... LUNA LOVEGOOD! Aside from her eccentric personality I'm more impressed than creeped out/facepalm at her craziness by her super idealistic ideals (about Nargles, etc.). Bonus points on her sickeningly sweet innocence. :D

What is favourite subject? Why? With English I'm not having any problems, it's fun... yeah, I'll say that's my fave. Math's one too, given that my teacher is hilarious.

What books (other than HP) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like? Are any of your OCs based on characters from other books? Huh, I've a lot to elaborate on here... Anything that's in some way involved with magic I'll probably like, but if not then all I'll need is a pretty good plot; easily impressed person over here. I've lost count on how many fantasy books I've read over the past few years, however. As for the OC question... yes, I'll admit I've "borrowed" a thing or two from different places but I always have my own twist to both their personalities and their involvement in the plot to make up for it. Sort of; I do it out of appreciation (can you even call it that?!) for the character I based the OC on but said OC somehow ends up... unsatisfactory. *glares at Morrigan 'cause she's the only case on which this happened*

Coming up next in a couple days an actual blog thingy! By me! On TTUD! Hey, that rhymes!

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 pm
OK... only 1 question this week, and I'm going to answer it because I feel like it!
PS:  Thanks to Lauren and Samantha (don't feel like looking up username spellings) for responding to the last question!
1. Why did you choose your username?  Is there a story behind your username?
Well... my username was chosen because when I was younger, my brother couldn't pronnounce my name properly, so he called me Colie instead of Nicole.  My dad thought that sounded like Koala, so he made it into Colie Bear, and that's one of my nicknames today!  (You can call me Colie, Nicole, Nikki, Nic, or anthing else you can think of!)

regular_contributor

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 am
My username comes from a first attempt to make an account and TheaterChick, with the second 'c' was already taken. So my mom, being the clever woman she is, took that second 'c' out and shizam! I had a username. I like it because Theater is a huge part of me and Chik is like chick, but with a little bit of eccentricity (?) or eccentricness (?) anyway.

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 11-16-2011 08:28 AM

regular_visitor

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am

_Colie Bear_ wrote:
OK... only 1 question this week, and I'm going to answer it because I feel like it!
PS:  Thanks to Lauren and Samantha (don't feel like looking up username spellings) for responding to the last question!
Well... my username was chosen because when I was younger, my brother couldn't pronnounce my name properly, so he called me Colie instead of Nicole.  My dad thought that sounded like Koala, so he made it into Colie Bear, and that's one of my nicknames today!  (You can call me Colie, Nicole, Nikki, Nic, or anthing else you can think of!)

That's neat!

For how I got mine... If you've ever read/watched LOTR, or the Lord Of The Rings, the big bad's Sauron, in the form of some evil eye on a big tower, surrounded in black and the land of Mordor. Uh, yeah... my username's inspired from a bad guy, basically. Oh, well. I'm not a bad guy fan or anything; maybe I was sleepy (and thus not thinking straight) when I registered late at night. But as of the moment I'm content with my ominous, annoying-to-type-out username (I swear, pressing the Shift key all those times is beginning to drive me crazy).

contributor

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm
i just picked random words then sounded cool together, then got the random number they gave me..... i signed in in june, so they had this weird system where they "helped" you make a username.

regular_contributor

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 pm

_EyeOfTheAbyss_12_ wrote:

_Colie Bear_ wrote:

That's neat!

For how I got mine... If you've ever read/watched LOTR, or the Lord Of The Rings, the big bad's Sauron, in the form of some evil eye on a big tower, surrounded in black and the land of Mordor. Uh, yeah... my username's inspired from a bad guy, basically. Oh, well. I'm not a bad guy fan or anything; maybe I was sleepy (and thus not thinking straight) when I registered late at night. But as of the moment I'm content with my ominous, annoying-to-type-out username (I swear, pressing the Shift key all those times is beginning to drive me crazy).

Really? Interesting... I always thought your username is inspired from the chapter in the Amber Spyglass that's entitiled "Abyss". But seeems like I really need to read LOTR finally. :smileywink:

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:45 pm

_Hippolyte_ wrote:

_EyeOfTheAbyss_12_ wrote:

_Colie Bear_ wrote:

That's neat!

Really? Interesting... I always thought your username is inspired from the chapter in the Amber Spyglass that's entitiled "Abyss". But seeems like I really need to read LOTR finally. :smileywink:

Huh, I don't remember a chapter called "Abyss" in Amber Spyglass (but I think it's when they're still in that underworld place, right...? Or was that in Subtle Knife?), but I guess that settles it, then. You need to read LOTR while I need to reread HDM (His Dark Materials). :D

regular_visitor

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm
It's really cool to see so many people doing this, and I enjoyed hearing all of the stories behind the usernames *now has to find LOTR*.  Anyways, time for the weekly question!  (My answers are in pink.)

HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? Accio, because then I could summon everything I would ever need, and it would also help others.
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!) Yes.  I am sad to admit it, but I like a popular kid, and even though we are friends, I still really like him.  We have a lot in common, and I've been obsessing over him since the first day of school.  We sit next to each other in Science, and he's really funny and teases me (in a friendly way) a lot.  The only problem?  He's the most popular boy in all of seventh grade, and I am classified somewhere between "Loser" and "Major Nerd".
Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series?  If yes, are you excited for the movie? Yes!  I love the whole Hunger Games series, and am really excited for the movie, although I'm worried about if all the good stuff will be edited out, and it will turn into some sappy love story (cough cough Tw*l*ght).  I'm still looking forward to it though!

regular_contributor

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:55 am
My answers are in pur-play.
HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? Expecto Patronum. Not because I have dementor problems, but I would love to be able to see my patronus. In the fifth movie, that's my favorite scene. Because it takes happy thoughts to make a patronus, I just get SO happy when I see them. :-)
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!) Yes, and he likes me back. We're not dating, but we went to homecoming together (Dad trusted him. So he's definitely on the approved for getting to have "the interview" list).
Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series?  If yes, are you excited for the movie? LOVE the Hunger Games. We read it in class to discuss it. And I'm SO excited for the movie (yesterday, my mom, sister, brother, and I all looked at potential Finnicks--there's a list on the wikia site. Right now it's a tie between Hayden Christensen and Dylan Koroll. LOOK EM UP! Just kidding, unless you wanted to)

frequent_contributor

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:35 pm
At first I though you ment a new  Hogwarts house or something...

What is your name? Katherine
What State/Province do you live in? Oregon, USA
What is your favorite colour(s)? Lime green, purple, and turquoise
How old are you? 11 (close to 12)
What are you currently writing? My NaNoWriMo novel. Have 11,500 words, started at the begining of month. It's an alternate history of WWII 
How long have you been on The Stacks? A year and 3/4ths
What is your favorite HP book? GoF

Written in the stars

A million miles away.

-Tinie Tempah?

`•?•.¸¸.•?•´¯``•?• .¸«?»Katherine «?»¸.•?•´´¯`•?• .¸¸.•?•´

contributor

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:20 am
HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? oooh, it would be between "reparo" and "lumos". "reparo", cause it would be so cool to be able to fix things effortlessly, and "lumos" cause... well, i hate the dark and that spell would light up everything... heh...
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!) *sighs* sadly, no. i'm homeschooled, and i don't have many activities that allow me to interact with other homeschoolers (mom? i need MORE!), and the ONE i DO have, is mostly girls. at least the kids my age. there's plenty of little boys, but still....
Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series? If yes, are you excited for the movie? never read it. though, i'm hoping i'll get the permission to read it (*cough*dad*c'mon*cough*) as soon as i finish breaking dawn. :D

regular_visitor

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 am

_Colie Bear_ wrote:
It's really cool to see so many people doing this, and I enjoyed hearing all of the stories behind the usernames *now has to find LOTR*.  Anyways, time for the weekly question!  (My answers are in pink.)

HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? Wingardium Leviosa: I've a very strange tendency of dropping my books all at once sometimes and the annoying part is the minute it happens, I pick it up... and the books begin to hate me and drop to the floor again. And again. So if I could somehow keep up the charm for a couple hours each school day I could be super awesome by having floating books follow me everywhere! :D *then realises it's awesome but impractical to other people. Whatever.*
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!) I get along with a few guys and girls alike (but I'm not popular; that's the girl several lockers to my left, proven by how many messages I saw on her locker from her other friends this morning (Me when I saw them: O_o)), but for some reason the fact that they're my friends is enough, if you know what I mean; like, I spend time with guys now and then, we enjoy said time together as good friends, and that's seriously about it, really. But I hope your situation with you and that guy gets at least a little better. :)
Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series?  If yes, are you excited for the movie? *gets freakin' excited* Oh, heck yes I'm excited for the movie (even though I've only read the first book and am anxiously waiting for the day I can get Catching Fire and Mockingjay, dangit)! I was on the Internet one day and clicked on a link that led to the trailer, then went "BUT I MUST WATCH IT NOW, MOVIE MAKERS!" (in my head) when I realised that it's coming out next year. Oh, well. Better than no movie at all.

Oh, and that blog thingy! About TTUD! I almost forgot, sorry!

The next chapter's almost done, but the characters mess around in my head (since I gave them most a pretty big role that must be done at least decently) because I stress myself out on their behaviour too often by um, inflicting on myself the constant "no, no, no! S/he wouldn't say that until that happens" or "if I have her/him say/do/think this s/he might come off as too arrogant/whiny/annoying/immature/stupid/I could go on forever..." It's become a natural habit.

I'm not being angsty or anything, it just feels nice to get this off my chest, or should I say my head since that's where all the mind-messing-up takes place? The plot and order of events might start to get more difficult to write correctly as the story progresses, but I believe I'll eventually pull through; the chapter I'm writing is pretty big and relevant to the plot but at the same time close to the end. (feel free to get excited for the next set of chapters/book! LE GASP all you want!)

Ooh, and suggestions are very, very, very welcome on any aspect of my writing, by the way. I've been using my own advice to do these chapters, and your opinion on anything on my fanfic will be considered to improve stuff.

Ack, I'm getting extremely tired now, so see you guys soon!

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 11-25-2011 08:53 AM

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 am
OKAY! I'll answer the weekly questions! (My answers are in purple, because purple rules ALL! :smileyhappy:)

HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? Probably Wingardium Leviosa. It'd just be so cool to lift things in the air, LOL!
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!) Yea! I have many, you're not alone! My current crush is dating one of my best friends... GRRR! I KNOW he likes me. I can just tell, ya know? Plus, his friend told me he did. And I've known this guy since I was 2 (That equals to 10 years. WOWZERS.), and we've been really good friends since then. So my situation is pretty intense.
Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series?  If yes, are you excited for the movie? YES! I have read THG! (Re-reading the series right now!) It's completely awesome, right? I'M PSYCHED FOR THE MOVIE! I mean, the preview was a little short and disappointing, but I'm sure the overall movie will be better. :smileyhappy:

I seriously LOVE this! It's a great way for us crazay HP fan fic writers to get to know one another! (Plus, these were awesome questions, super fun to answer. :smileyhappy:)

~ Christina

rookie_visitor

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:29 pm
Hey, guys! I love, love, love your idea, Colie Bear! So....

What is your name?  You can call me Tia!
What State/Province do you live in? Alabama born and raised, y'all! (Believe it or not, not all of us are hillbillies! :smileyvery-happy:)
What is your favorite colour(s)?  Lime green, but I like blue and purple too
How old are you? 12
What are you currently writing? Multiple stories, but all of them are fantasy
How long have you been on The Stacks? Ummmm....6 months?
What is your favorite HP book? I love all of them but The Prisoner of Azkaban is probably my fav

So, is that it? Got any questions for me? Heehhee! What do you want for Christmas? Bye!

rookie_visitor

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:35 pm
I would love to be a blogger-type of person or an editor!

rookie_visitor

Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 pm
Hiya!
   So we have a couple of people from Canada who DO NOT live in igloos, A person from Texas, Oregon, New Hampshire, Alabama, and North Greece, right? I think that's everyone.....?
 So, since just about all of them are different, and Ontario is pretty big, why don't we talk about our homes? We can learn more that way.  I live in Alabama, so it stays pretty warm down here. Is it always cold in Canada? What's normal weather in N. Greece? It doesn't have to be just weather....any other ideas? You know, family traditions, favorite foods...? (voice trails off suggestively)

contributor

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:50 pm
HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? Accio, because I always loose stuff and can't find it
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!) Yes. But there is a problem because he is a year older than me and he doesn't go to m7y school so i only saw him once a week for photography.Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series?  If yes, are you excited for the movie? No I haven't read them but I might

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm

_Doodlebug8899_ wrote:
Hiya!
   So we have a couple of people from Canada who DO NOT live in igloos, A person from Texas, Oregon, New Hampshire, Alabama, and North Greece, right? I think that's everyone.....?
 So, since just about all of them are different, and Ontario is pretty big, why don't we talk about our homes? We can learn more that way.  I live in Alabama, so it stays pretty warm down here. Is it always cold in Canada? What's normal weather in N. Greece? It doesn't have to be just weather....any other ideas? You know, family traditions, favorite foods...? (voice trails off suggestively)

Great questions!  I'm encouraging everyone to reply to this or post their own questions...
As for weather in Canada, it gets up to 40 degrees celsius in the summer, and down to minus 20 degrees celsius in the winter.  But that's just in Ontario.  In some of the territories like Yukon and Nunavut, it's a lot colder.  Yet most Americans still judge us as igloo people, even though the majority of Canada lives 200 km or closer from the US border! :smileymad: If you're having a hard time picturing the weather, just think of New York or New Jersey, and we're about the same.

*THE FOLLOWING IS A BREIF HISTORY LESSON WHICH YOU MAY BYPASS IF YOU WANT*
There are 10 provinces (Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Bruinswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta,and British Columbia.)  There are also three territories, which are further North (Yukon, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories).  Our national anthem is O Canada, and our flag is red and white.  Canada's official languages are English and French.  Our capital city is Ottawa, and our Prime Minister (kind of like a President) is Stephen Harper. 

There!  I hope you all learned something about Canada, and feel free to ask any questions you may have! 

PS: If anyone is interested on doing a lesson on their country/state/province, go ahead!
PPS: I'll post another reply with the history of Ontario as soon as I remember it! :)

contributor

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:32 pm

_Doodlebug8899_ wrote:
Hiya!

I'm from Texas! It has been super hot around here lately, BUT in the last week, the temperatures have plummeted, jumping from the 80s all the way down to the 60s and 50s. It seems that this year in the part of Texas where I live, the temp is never NORMAL. The weather, this year, want to be "special". SO, it is always too hot, to cold, or a random temp no one expected. Congrats to Texas for being original this year (jk)! I love it when it get colder (suppose it reminds me of where I used to live [wisconsin, lived there til the end of 2nd grade; was born in south dakota, lived there til i was almost four,I'm 12, now]), but it doesn't snow much (wah!), and when it does, it's very little snow.

regular_visitor

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm
Ok, time for this week's questions! (My answers are in purple)
HP: Who was a character that died that you weren't expecting at all? Tonks and Lupin.  Those ones I didn't suspect at all, although I kind of suspected everybody else.
School: Is there a popularity scale at your school?  If yes, how would you classify yourself? Kind of in the middle.  I hang out with dorks mostly, but I have a few popular friends.
Movies/Books: What is your favorite holiday movie? All of the Home Alone movies.  They crack me up. :)

That's all for this week!  As usual, please reply and if you have any questions of your own, feel free to post them!

regular_contributor

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:18 pm
OMG! Great idea! (Also, HIGH FIVES CANADIANS!)

What is your name?  Me doesn't have a name, but you can call me Skyelark :D (Well, I am just not allowed to say :P)

What State/Province do you live in?  Canada! (Can't say :P)

What is your favorite colour(s)?  This :D

How old are you? I'm between the ages of 11 and 14 :D

What are you currently writing? My NaNovel and I am brainstorming for a new novel :D I am also doing a LOT of poetry :P

How long have you been on The Stacks? March 8th, 2011

What is your favorite HP book?  The Half-blood Prince :D

Conversations... ANYONE LOVE THE MUSICAL WICKED? I was just listening to the song 'Dancing Through Life' :D Also, any Minecraftians? I LOVE minecraft :D

-Skyelark Moon who was to lazy to change the colour back to green xD

regular_contributor

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 pm

HP: Who was a character that died that you weren't expecting at all? Erm...most of the characters. I guess *SPOILER! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WISH TO KNOW* Colin was one that really shocked me.
School: Is there a popularity scale at your school?  If yes, how would you classify yourself? Nah. I'm homeschooled. :D
Movies/Books: What is your favorite holiday movie? I like the Home Alone movies, but my all-time favorite has GOT to be "Muppet Christmas Carol"!
~Lauren, whose answers are in this blue-color.

regular_contributor

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:35 pm
I'm sorry that I lost track, but I'm gonna answer the questions I haven't.

HP: What is your favorite character and why? Ron. There's just something about this guy, his humor, his loyalty, and not to mention he's a really human and three-dimensional character... he just makes me feel great. :)
School:  What is your favorite subject?  Why?: Physics. I don't really know why, but it's a lesson I really enjoy and I was surprised I was (still am) doing so well at it! I was also fortunate enough to have awesome teachers so far on that subject :))
Book: What books (other than Harry Potter) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like?  Are any of your OC's based on characters from other books? I like reading fantansy and adventure books that have some messages to teach and some depth, though. I especially love original and interesting, creative ideas written with much will and humor. Dad's always whinning I read "rubbish" and that I should read more serious literature. I don't disagree with him (which is basically why I started reading War and Peace on the first place) but he called Harry Potter stupid! I'm NEVER gonna forgive him for that! :P
Why did you choose your username?  Is there a story behind your username? Well... as some of you might know, I have an OC on Harry Potter, a Hufflepuff girl named Hippolyte Key. Well, she was my very first HP OC I ever created, when I was 12. She was nothing but a perfect edition of me at the begging. I have developed her much since then, though, and she's not me today, but she was when I was joining the STACKS: once I had to fill in my username, I was like "lol, whut?". Thankfully I thought of the name Hippolyte. It is ancient Greek and means "stampending horses". Of course, Hippolyte is a male name, while its feminine form is Hippolyta. Back then, though, I didn't knew that, so I gave Hippolyte that name to follow Hermione's steps, who also has an ancient Greek name begging with an "H". Lame, I know, but I don't wanna change her name now... neither my username (not that I can, but anyways)
HP: If you could do one spell for the rest of your life, but only that spell, which spell would you choose and why? I really have no idea, but after reading Lauren/TheaterChik's comment, I think I fully agree with her on that. The Patronus spell is for me :)
School: Does anyone here have a crush? (Sorry if it's too personal, I just need to know I'm not the only one!): Nah, you're not the only one! *sisterly hug* Pretty much everyone has a crush, so don't feel lonley! I has a crush on a dude and I don't think he likes me back, but I don't really want him to like me back. We're just friends. Yay, happy :)
Book/Movie: Have you read the Hunger Games series?  If yes, are you excited for the movie?
HP: Who was a character that died that you weren't expecting at all?  **SPOLERS**
Dumbledore. I just could not believe he died. WHen I read it I was like "Huh? YOU CAN'T DIE! The Wizarding world needs you more than ever, and you die? HOW DARE YOU!!!1!" And of course I was totally mad with Snape, lol.
School: Is there a popularity scale at your school?  If yes, how would you classify yourself? Thankfully there isn't one. (or not thankfully... but I don't like the whole popularity thing so it's thankfully for me). I don't think I am very popular, but our school is small, so we basically all know each other, at least by name. ;) 
Movies/Books: What is your favorite holiday movie? Ditto! I LOVE Home Alone! My fave is the second movie! I like the 1st and 3rd as well, but I really didn't liked the 4th. :( Me and my siblings should so star on the 5th as ourselves :D

contributor

Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:08 pm
Theaterchik!!!! You homeschooled, too?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!!! neway,
HP: Who was a character that died that you weren't expecting at all? hmm... (SPOILERS) definitely Hedwig. It was so sudden and sad.... :*(
School: Is there a popularity scale at your school? If yes, how would you classify yourself? nope. HOMESCHOOLER HERE! :D
Movies/Books: What is your favorite holiday movie? umm... there are so many to choose from.....

rookie_visitor

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:02 pm
OMG, thanks soooo much for replying! I was reading them and I decided that it wasn't fair if I didn't do one too. So, here goes...
   Like I said, Alabama born and raised. Right now, it's kind've cold outside, somewhere around 50 degrees.  This is changing subjects, but, It's funny so, My LA class was doing a video chat with Terri Hall, the aiuthor of the Line.My teacher and her (excuse the grammar) and Ms. Hall asked my teacher to repeat something. My teacher did, and Ms. Hall explained, saying, that she couldn't understand with our "southern accent." I thought it was funny because my teacher really doesn't have that much of an accent. But Ms. Hall lives in Washington, so , who knows? (note: no offense to washington's people, everyone has accents =)  )

regular_visitor

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:43 pm

So this is completly unrelated to HP, but I felt like I had to post it here because
a) It has a really good message
b) It's kind of an outlet for my anguish
c) It helps me to tell you guys something.
So, about a week ago, I posted something in The Elephant House about crushes. I told you guys about that popular guy that I liked.  Anyways, so now he knows that I like him, thanks to a blabbermouth in my class.  So he found out yesterday, and today he bugged me about it so much taht I finally told him the truth.  The whole truth.  About how I was pretending to hate him, about how I purposely got into the same groups as him, everything.  About how I was acting the whole time.  I felt really weird, and still do, but I just wanted to post this to let you guys know something. 

I just am typing this.

And thinking.

Thinking about you.

Thinking if you meant what they said.

Thinking about friends.

Thinking about betrayal.

Thinking about how foolish people were when they fall in love.

I knew it was you on the first day.

I knew that I shouldn’t, that I really shouldn’t like you, but I did.

I knew that you were never going to like me. 

I knew that I was crazy, insane, mad even.

You have everything.  You’re smart, you’re funny, you’re gorgeous, you're popular, and maybe that’s why I fell for you.

Yet you still talked to me.

You still listened to me.

We became closer to being friends. 

And then it all came crashing down around me.

I trusted too many, I told too many of my secret.

And they betrayed me.

You stood there in shock.

Never saying anything, just thinking.

I was too. 

We both were, with red cheeks.

I also had red eyes.

And so I ran.

I cried and ran.

They teased me, they laughed.

And now it’s just awkward.

There are no words to describe my feelings.

I love you yet I hate you.

I desperately want to go out with you, but I can’t.

Because of all of them.

They think they can rule me.

Some of them care, some of them laugh. 

Some of them just stare at me blankly.

Those are the ones who don’t know me.

You knew me.

You were the only one that truly got to see the real me.

I showed my true colours, and you liked them.

Yet to everyone else, I was living in a mask.

You said yourself that I had been making life a big lie.

Maybe I was.

But maybe they were too.

I felt lost and helpless.

No words of encouragement came my way.

No one even cared a bit.

I was just the annoying new kid.

Even to you.

I cried, I wept, and I wailed.

Then I admitted it to you.

So what?

I can like you.

I don’t care what others think.

They’re the ones that will never fall in love.

They’re the ones that will never make it in this world.

You’re not one of them.

Even though you are.

But like me, you had two sides to you.

You were arrogant, conceited and mean to a few.

Yet you were caring, compassionate and helpful.

I was shy, bookish and weird.

Yet I was fun and adventurous and excited.

I fell for the side of you that you always kept hidden.

I think you fell for my good side too.

The side that had no pretend words or hidden feelings.

The side that was a free spirit.

The side that made it OK to say what was on your mind.

I loved that side of you.

Yet I’m still not sure if you love me too. 

So now I still lie here, typing this.

And I can’t help but feel that there is something stirring inside of you.

A rude awakening.

The awakening that I just realized.

It doesn’t matter who you are, as long as it is your real self.

Show your real self to me. 

Please. 

Yeah... this is just a way for me to vent my frustration without anyone hearing.  But anyways.  Just remember the message behind this.  Please! 

~Nicole, who is feeling really confused about life.

regular_contributor

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:47 am
Wow! That was a beautiful poem. You did a fantastic job. And don't worry about whoever he is. There is someone waiting for you. (Excuse the trite platitudes. It really stinks when you don't know exactly what to say, you know?)
Okay anyway- hope things straighten out. You have a gift for poetry.
~Lauren

Please teach me to make a thread!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm
Ok. Hi everyone I've been drafting a fanfic but can't figure out how to make a thread PLEASE TEACH ME!!! bye

regular_visitor

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 am

Yay!

What is your name?  Emma Rae
What State/Province do you live in?  Arizona
What is your favorite colour(s)?   Aqua, orange, green, pink, purple
How old are you? 9
What are you currently writing? Train Sisters on the boards soon
How long have you been on The Stacks? 2 years
What is your favorite HP book? Chamber or Secrets
Ali

Re: Please teach me to make a thread!!!
regular_visitor

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:23 pm

_pepperpig_ wrote:
Ok. Hi everyone I've been drafting a fanfic but can't figure out how to make a thread PLEASE TEACH ME!!! bye

Hi!  I'm Nicole, and welcome to the HP Fanfiction board!  To make a new message, just click on the button in the upper left-hand corner that says 'New Message.'
Hope I helped!

regular_visitor

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm
Ok.... a few things:
1. Since there are a lot of homeschoolers on this board, the question category 'School' will now be called 'Hobbies and Activities.'
2. You guys are all awesome, so since this is a cafe, everyone here gets a free virtual hot chocolate and a virtual cookie!  Yay!
3.  Time for the questions....
HP: Imagine you were in Harry's position, and Voldemort was about to kill you.  What would you do?  This is hard, but I'd probably try and talk sense into him, and then throw something at his head to knock him out, before tying him up and making him have a slow and painful death.  (I know, I'm evil :))
Hobbies/Activities: What do you do in your spare time? Write, surf the net, or read. 
Books/Movies: What was your favorite TV show when you were younger?  Well.... there was this show called Cleo the Magic Unicorn that I liked when I was five.  It had all these funny characters that would always get into these tricky situations, and then Cleo would always be the voice of logic that would get them out.  It got cancelled when I was seven, though. :smileysad:
(In case you hadn't figured it out, my answers are in pink.)
4. Just curious, is anyone here going away for Christmas?

So that's about it!  As always, please reply, and have a great week!

~Nicole, who is trying to figure out how to make the end of Becoming Emma sound less rushed.

regular_contributor

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am
Thank you for the cookie and hot chocolate!! :)

HP: Imagine you were in Harry's position, and Voldemort was about to kill you.  What would you do?  Close my eyes and just wait for it. I'm SO not a Gryffindor!
Hobbies/Activities: What do you do in your spare time? I'm on the Internet a lot. I'm writing several other stories, too. I like reading and stuff like that.
Books/Movies: What was your favorite TV show when you were younger?  BLUE'S CLUES! It was my most favoritest show as a kid. Then I got older and really liked Kim Possible. But it's been cancelled...
4. Just curious, is anyone here going away for Christmas?  We are going away for Christmas.

~Lauren

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 12-14-2011 08:32 AM

regular_contributor

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 am
Awesome! Thankies for the hot chocolate and the cookie! Je love it!

HP: Imagine you were in Harry's position, and Voldemort was about to kill you.  What would you do? It's not that hard. We all know that Voldy's biggest fear is his death. So, I'd keep my cool (hardest part of the "easy" plan) and with fake, complete horror, I'd point behind his back and say "It's D-Dumbledore holding the ruins of your last Horcrux! He's ready to k-kill me *some tears would be a nice touch here* and then kill you!" So, Voldermort would probably turn (he wants to kill Harry on his own, and he's afraid of being killed, right?) and I'd take advantage of this and Disapparate away. If that didn't work, then I'd immediately call Peeves to substrack him away!
Hobbies/Activities: What do you do in your spare time? Develop my characters, swim (summer), WRITE!, draw (not that much these days, no clue why), play with my dogs and surf my beloved STACKS :)
Books/Movies: What was your favorite TV show when you were younger? Good question. I grew up with no TV, so the only time I got to watch it was when I visited my grandparents. I think that every cartoon thing would be my fave (I remember I was completely obsessed with some like Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Winx and Power Rangers- I was a weird kiddo. And Barbie, of course, but that wasn't a show.)
4. Just curious, is anyone here going away for Christmas? Not me! We always stay home during Christmas and Easter -and never leave away for long at summer either-, because my parents always work during this period.

regular_contributor

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 am
So... I know I'm not going to do this for a long time, because I'm kinda afraid of writing the whole thing, but I think it won't be bad to write a (not so) brief summary of A Hero's Name (fanfic I'm supposed to be already halfway through). So here it iz!:

Teddy Lupin was an orphan. Sure. He never actually met his parents, he never had the change to know them, or even talk to them. And it certainly pained to see them in the photos and know he has no real memories from them, or having to memorize their murderers' names to pass his NEWTs at Hogwarts. But was his life bad? No. Not at all. He had grew up with a wonderful grandmother, was always wealthy enough not to have need to work even a day during the twenty years of his life, he had a faboulous girlfriend and the Head of the Auror Office at the role of his godfather: no, his life was nothing like bad. It was heaven.

But, unfortunately, things never stay the same. The moment the entire Potter and Weasley families are found murdered at the Burrow, all the blame fingers point on Teddy. With the entire wizarding world considering him a paranoid criminal with a bloodthirsty werewolf nature, he doesn't have any changes but run away.

However, the questions still remain. Who really killed the Potters and Weasleys, two families Teddy would have never consider harming? Who turned his entire world around him, and what advantages will they gain by killing or imprisoning him? And, most important, is he really alone or there is still hope?

So, in this fanfic there aren't really "evil" or "good" guys, but desprate fallen heroes, sudden betrayals and unexpected allies. AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?

I think I need to sit down and write it, pretty soon. And I SWEAR it isn't going to be any violent, my writing will remain decent and the "harsh" scenes will stay unexisting- just to know.

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."

~Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:28 am
CHEESE AND CRACKERS, HIPPOLYTE!!!! The Teddy fan fiction sounds amazing! I cannot wait! SERIOUS! It sounds soo stinkin' cool!! :D
~Lauren

new

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 pm
What is your name? Yuki  

What State/Province do you live in? Illinois!

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Blue and black.

How old are you? Somewhere between 11 and 13. wink

What are you currently writing? Right now, a lot of things. I havn't posted any of them on Stacks, but I will soon!

How long have you been on The Stacks? Maybe a month?

What is your favorite HP book? Omg, I love them all! But the story really gets going in Prizoner of Azkaban(in my opinion.)

I'll talk about  'something your writing'. It's kind of a wierd book. There's a girl named Alice living in a town where faries and vampires(yay!) and other paranormal things are real. But the children of that town DON'T KNOW! That's gotta be a huge secret, since some of thier parents are paranormals. That was praticly a spoiler. I'll finish the first Chapt. and post it.

Well, I won't bore you with any of my none sence talk. Bye! 

* * Yuki * *

new

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi, everyone!  The boards are back, and so is The Elephant House!  Yay!
Even though this is no longer floated, the messages are still coming and The Elephant House will not stop! (Unless, of course, no one replies to this, in which case I will cry and be miserable.)  But, to get up and and rolling, here is the question(s) of the week!  (My answers are in purple).

How was your Winter Break?  (For all of our homeschooled friends, just explain what you did over the holidays)  If you guys have not read my Welcome Back thread, I went skiing in New Hampshire!  I also got an iPod touch (awesome), played outside (it finally snowed here!), checked if the STACKS were open (nearly cried when I found out they were not), and had fun! But now winter break is over, and school is back...

So... yeah!  As always, reply and keep watching The Elephant House!

-Nicole, who just realized that this sounds like an infomercial. laugh

new

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

How was my winter break?

Well...It was great! Actually, I had Christmas break, but winter is comming up in a couple of weeks. Desafortunadamente, (Unfortunately), I'm not taking winter break of. I'm homeschooled, and I'm wicked behind in my work, so...:(

Shakira

ps I'm really happy the elephant house is still open(go Colliebear!!!!!) and will post every time there's a question!

new

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi there, Kira here!

I was just wondering-how many other Owl City fanatics there are on here?

I absolutely love it! If you don't know what it is, you should seriously find out!

Circle me 

and the 

needle moves 

gracefully

back and forth

If my heart 

was a compass 

you’d be north

Risk it all 

‘cause  I’ll catch you

if you fall 

wherever you go 

if my heart 

was a house 

you’d be home

-kira

regular_contributor

Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Christmas vacay was good. Got a bunch of HP stuff (desk calendar, HP 7, Pt II DVD), got a Nook (which I like using), and I also got...oh! My bro got me Princess Protection Program (yes, a Disney movie--but it's my favorite). And...it was a good vacation, really.

Then I spent some of it reading (because I got the whole RIver of Time series and also got Girl Perfect by Jennifer Strickland [highly recommended, but for more teenaged girls]) and then I spent some of it fretting about the stacks (such a flunkie).

I'm homeschooled, but I get out when my brother and sister do. :)

~Lauren

contributor

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm

@earlyelf6

I LOVE OWL CITY!!!!!!  Adam Young rocks. He is just too cool. Don'tcha think?  I love his newest album, but I think my favorite album of his has to be either Ocean Eyes or... is it called An Airplance Carried Me to Bed? I think so. Though, that second one is technically by "Sky Sailing", it's still by Adam Young. Just under a different name. He also has the name 
"Port Blue" for some music he's done. Course, pretty much all the music Adams done under the name "Port Blue" is just plain music, no vocals.

new

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:18 pm

@ chattycrimson-

Wow, I didn't know that. Cool, though.Yeah, I love Ocean Eyes. *gazes fondly Ocean Eyes CD sitting on my shelf* cheeky

Question-Does Adam Young...live in a lighthouse? Someone told me that, like the one that's on the cover of Ocean Eyes...?????

-'Kira

Circle me

and the 

needle moves 

gracefully

back and forth

If my heart 

was a compas

you’d be north

Risk it all

‘cause I’ll catch you

if you fall 

wherever you go 

if my hear

was a house 

you’d be home

new

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Glad to see people using The Elephant House again... I just about gave up!
So, anyways, here are the questions! (My answers are in purple)

HP: Out of the 3 Deathly Hallows, which one would you like to posess and why?  Probably the Cloak of Invisibilty.  The Elder Wand just leads to trouble, and, in all fairness, the Rescereaction (I can't spell) Stone Scares me.smiley

Hobbies/Activites:  What is your favourite song? Why? My favourite song changes with my mood, but right now it's either "That's What Makes You Beautiful" by OneDirection, or "Who Says" by Selena Gomez.  I like a lot of other songs as well, but I don't feel like typing them right now. 

Books/Movies: I know I asked this a while ago, but what are you currently writing?  Ah, this is where the fun starts.  To award all of the people who actually come onto The Elephant House, I'm going to share a bit of my latest fanfic, Living In a Shadow
So it's basically about Tom Riddle's younger sister, Victoria.  She's tired of him being perfect, and she's trying to live up to him.  She's a Ravenclaw, and he's a Slytherin, so it's hard for her to figure out what he's up to.  When she does... well, that's when it gets interesting.  I'll be posting a more detailed synopsis next week, but this is just a sneak peek. 
Also, I'm writing Still Emma.  It's taken me a while to get the plot worked out, but now I've got it, so I'm trying to write.  It's going to be a fun fanfic, though! 
Finally, I'm also trying to get something written to post on THG board.  It's a story about a girl who lives in The Dark Days, and her adventures as the Capitol attacks.  (Note:  If you haven't read THG, this will probably make no sense whatsoever!)

And that's about it!  Feel free to post your own questions, and, as usual, keep posting those answers!

~Nicole, who is nervous because she just found out that her school is having a DANCE!

new

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Out of 3 Deathly Hallows, I'd say the cloak.

Favorite song: Anything Owl City. I love, If My Heart Was A House. Lonely Lullaby. Saltwater Room. Bird and the Worm. On the Wing. Love the Beatles, but not as much.

Books/ Movies: I'm writing *title goes here*(the one about Tara and Ginny and Neville and Luna in their sixth year. (yeah, I moved Neville to 6th year and changed some things.) )

@Nicole-Good Luck with the dance! Have a blast!

-Kira

regular_contributor

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm

HP: Out of the Three Deathly Hallows, Which One Would You Like to Possess and Why?

Probably the Invisibility Cloak, too. The stone, even if it can revive people, is quite flawed. The Elder Wand, like the upcoming Master Wand, is more trouble than good.

Hobbies/Activities: What is your favorite song? Why?

I have several. "Love You Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez & The Scene, "Unbroken" by Demi Lovato, and "Union of the Snake" by Duran Duran all have really strong beats to them that I just dance like crazy when they play. "For the Love of a Daughter" by Demi Lovato, "Redeemer" by Nicole Mullen, and "He is With You" by Mandisa all make me cry, so I like listening to them for their emotional power. And songs like "The Lost Get Found" by Britt Nicole, "Longest Time" by Billy Joel, "All that Matters" by Addison Road, "You Got It" by Roy Orbison, and "Kodachrome" by Paul Simon are all songs that I listen to when I need something just light and happy to listen to.

Books/Movies: What Are You Currently Writing?

Haha, what am I not currently writing?

In HP--I have the 3rd Wizarding War story that takes place 200 years after Harry's defeat of Voldemort. After that, I have no idea that I'll write in HP. Possibly nothing *dun dun dunnn*

In Non-HP--I have a story where the main characters are based off Alice (from Wonderland) and Peter (Pan) and they are sucked into a magical fairy tale world they had grown up hearing stories about as children. Alice doesn't want to believe it, but Peter embraces it. They have to work together to save the Whimsical World of Eventyr *Danish for fairy tale*

And I have a bunch of others, but I couldn't talk about them all here. ^.^

regular_visitor

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 am

Sorry I haven't been around too much, but here I am! *raises hand and grins* :D

HP: Out of the 3 Deathly Hallows, which one would you like to possess and why? Preferably I'd rather not have any of them, but I'll admit that I'm preeettyy curious about the Elder Wand...

Hobbies/Activities: What is your favourite song? Why? Hm. I've an awful lot to the point where I often occasionally have trouble choosing which song to listen to. But I do know for a fact that most of those songs tend to come from the rock genre. Yeah, Evanescence and that stuff.

Books/Movies: I know I asked this a while ago, but what are you currentlly writing? Still TTUD. Although, since this is the Elephant House, I'll tell you guys that I've many a change planned for it, both in plot and possibly format. Plus, I've got a feeling that the current chapter I'm writing might be one of the last "goofy" chapters, the ones where crazy stuff still happens, but are more for laughs than... not-so-laughable stuff. The future of the plot, I think, will be more like creepy, admittedly, as the story goes on. So I'm taking my time with chapter 12 which is on its way to being done, though I wouldn't say almost done; certain events in my schedule keep getting in the way.

And, I'm sure that both Living in a Shadow and Still Emma will be great to read!

contributor

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 am

@earlyelf6 -- I don't thik he lives in a lighthouse... that would be weird. He lives in Minnesota, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

HP: Out of the 3 Deathly Hallows, which one would you like to posess and why? 

Hobbies/Activites:  invisibility cloak. I'd love that.... *sigh*

What is your favourite song? Why? I have many favorite songs.... Like, right now, my music obsession Is Florence and the Machine. My favorite songs by her right now are "Remain Nameless" (spelling?), "My Boy Builds Coffins", "Kiss With a Fist", and "Girl With One Eye". I know they sound weird... but... *shrug* I love practically anything by Adam Young. I love Coldplay, OneRepublic, Greyson Chance, Adele.... So many....

Books/Movies: I know I asked this a while ago, but what are you currently writing?  I'm writing two fanfics. Elza Tigamm (which I'm currently posting on here. I just sent in part three to be moderated [word?]), and Leo (which I'm in the middle of and will post later). And I'm writing a novel. That I can't post on the scholastic board here... *sigh* too "violent"....

contributor

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:28 pm

earlyelf6 --

I once heard someone say that, frankly, people who just don't like Owl City are stupid, and that Adam Young was Adamazing. Geddit? Adamazing. hehe... I love that.

new

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 am

@chattycrimson(can I just call you Laura?)

ha! funny...adamazing...*shakes her head and grins*

@ everyone else:

another thing-I just discovered Wizard Rock. Oh boy. Try these-the Whomping Willows, Ministry of Magic, and the Butterbeer Experience. And, the best-Gred and Forge. AHHH!!!! 

They make me laugh so much.....here are some Gred and Forge songs:

Percy is a Prat

My Ear's not Here

and

The Number One Reason to be Nice to House Elves! (My favorite)

they're all writen and sung with a real Fred-Georgeish attitude. Check them out!

-Kira

frequent_contributor

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:06 pm

HP: Out of the 3 Deathly Hallows, which one would you like to posess and why? Preferably, I'd love the Cloak, but the Elder wand would be cool too. But the Resurection Stone is just creepy.

Hobbies/Activites:  What is your favourite song? Why? I love Rocketeer by the Far East Movement and Written in the Stars by Tinnie Tempah, for the same reason. They both inspire me.

Books/Movies: I know I asked this a while ago, but what are you currently writing? HP wise, I've been trying to write that Battle wrecked fanfiction I started awhile ago, and develope it's plot. As for other writings, I currently have 5 unfinished novels, two 25,000 word ones, and the rest are below 10,000 each. My favorite to work on is my most recent, "Exile" which was my NaNoWriMo 2011 work that I've been trying to finish and iron out the plotholes. I also started doing a lot of poetry in 2012, and I'm working on two poems right now. I've already written 10 in January.

new

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 pm

This is really random, and more THG than HP related, but I needed to post it here, cause I'm not all that familiar with THG board, so...
I heard this during class today, and thought it was kind of funny,,,

Guy #1: Hey, did you watch the Super Bowl yesterday?
Guy #2: Yeah, I can't believe the Giants won!
Guy #3: But there was some cool commercials!
Guy #1 and Guy #2: *Stare at Guy #3 like he's crazy*
Guy #3: What?  The Hunger Games commercial was pretty good!
Guy #1: What one was that?
Guy #2: The one where the girl was shouting "I volunteer as tribute" with an English accent!
Me: Her name's Katniss, and she does not have an English accent!
Guy #2:  I thought she did!
Me: That was Effie Trinket!
Guy #1: Who's that?
Me: The scary lady with the pink hair!
All 3 guys: Ohhhhhh.
Me: Anyways, why do you guys care?
Guy #2: Why do you care about what we care?
Me: I don't!
Guy #2: You do!
Me: I don't!
Guy #2: You do!
*Five minutes later*
Me: I DON'T!
Guy #2: YOU DO!
Guy #1: Why was she shouting "I volunteer" anyways?
Me: Her little sister was reaped.
Guy #3: Can we be reaped?
Me: It's better if you just shout "I volunteer" in a really loud voice.
Guys #1,2, and 3: OK!

Yeah, they actually went around screaming "I volunteer" all day...
And yeah, I have a crush on Guy #2. blush

~Nicole, who thinks this is really irrevelant but is still going to post it...

new

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 am

Time for some new questions!  (My answers are in purple)

HP: Out of all of the fictional things in this book (Quidditch, Hippogriffs, Floo Powder, ext.), which one do you like the best?  Why?  I would have to say either Quidditch or The Sorting Hat.  Quidditch seems really cool (not to mention the fact that you're on broomsticks!), and The Sorting Hat is just... the sorting hat.  smiley

Hobbies/Activities:  Do you do any after school (or after home) activities? (Dance, sports, ext.)  I'm what you would call "uncoordinated", so I'm not one for sports, mainly because I'm scared of almost any ball.  I do do acro, though (gymnastics and dance combined), and that's really fun, but IT HURTS!

Books/Movies: Do you prefer action, adventure, or comedy movies?  Adventure.  Action scares me, and comedy isn't all that funny.  I watch some funny movies sometimes though, like Home Alone. 

That's it!  Please reply, and feel free to post questions of your own!

~Nicole, who is looking forward to Valentine's Day...heart

frequent_contributor

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:01 am

Nicole, it's your fault if someday Panem comes true and they all die because of that little piece of advice you tell them...

regular_contributor

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 pm

HP: Out of all the fictional things in this book (Quidditch, Hippogriffs, Floo Powder, etc.), which one do you like the best? Why? I love the hippogriffs even if they're hard to control. I love reading about griffins and flying. Of course, it'd probably be easier with a flying broomstick. :) I think I would like a broomstick.

Hobbies/Activities: Do you have any after school (or after home) activities? Sorta. I've got musical rehearsals on certain days of the week. I take voice and piano lessons. Other than that, I don't really do all that much except check the Stacks and watch old TV shows and movies.

Books/Movies: Do you prefer action, adventure, or comedy movies? All three, most of the time. Of course, I'm persnickety about comedy, because by today's standards, it's not all that funny. But action and adventure are really fun to watch. I watched Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one; like three years behind the rest of the world) and really liked it. I watched Red Riding Hood and in spite of lots of people not liking it, I enjoyed most of it (some of the character interpretations weren't fun for me; the ending made me upset on a number of levels). But I'm into old movies, too. I need to find the 2005 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and watch it. I've watched the TV show and now I want to see how they did in the movie...

~Lauren

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Name: Bernadette. But you can call me Burnie. *coughoryouwillhavetolearntosleepwithyoureyesopencough* 

What State / Province do you live in?: Well, the UK, actually. I'm English. But we English peoples don't talk like, "Oh dearie me I must have a cup of tea or I will start talking about Shakespeare at a very fast rate. CUCOMBER x3."

What are you currently writing?: A lot of things. Not posted any on the stacks yet, I'm still tweaking them and making them post-able.

How long have you been on The Stacks?: Since July 2011, but I haven't really been active.

What is your favourite <--- (Thaz right, I did the British spelling of it >:3) HP book?: Well - definitely not the Deathly Hallows due to excessive crying and side effects of mourning. I like them all, but I would definitley consider Order of the Phoenix to be best.

new

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Time for some more questions!
This week it's just one really interesting one:

There is a river full of aligators that is 2.5 metres across.  It surronds Hogwarts, which you have to get into. You and 2 other STACKers must cross it.  (You get to choose which two).  You can use one spell, three potions and two charms between the three of you to cross the river.  You CAN NOT use any flying spells or charms.  You may use whatever resources you want (ie: look up spells on the internet).  GO!

Have fun with that.... I'll post my answers after I see what you guys come up with!

~Nicole, who already knows how she would cross that river.... :)

regular_contributor

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Oh, gosh...

So, me, Nicole (you), and...Anna (hippolyte) are standing on le edge and we can see Hogwarts. Waving, I begin to panic at the sight of the crocodilewhen Anna grabs my shoulders and shakes me back to sanity. You deliver emotional, and inspirational, speech. Using my wand, I point it at the water and use "glacius" ("a spell with great range; can freeze things to ice and be melted with incendio"~Harry Potter Wikia).

The water freezes and the three of us can walk across. :)

regular_contributor

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:51 pm

THIS IS AN AWESOME NEW THING, NICOLE!

Caps aside, hey, Lauren! *waves* thanks so much for using me! *is all grateful* Guess I don't need to write one now myself, do I? OK, maybe I do. D'you guys matter if I use some other peoples? I guess I'll have myself and Katherine (Twinktoes87) and... 'Stina? THEY'RE NOT ON ANYMORE! But I guess that's OK, so off I go:

The three of us stand at the banks of the river and stare wide-eyed at Hogwarts. We rush towards it, always looking up at the castle and we look down only when we feel the cold liquid around our ancles: slightly too late, we realize the presence of the river for the first time. Immediately working on some (maybe evil) genius plans to get across, Twinks and 'Stina get down on forming a plan, but I have already found the perfect solution:

"Guys, no worries! We'll hop on these logs to get across!"

Apparently, this is not exactly the definition of fun for 'Stina and Katherine, who look at me like I'm off my mind. Backing off a few steps, I apologise that it "sounded like fun for a split second" and then the three of us jump back screaming, because the "logs" are actually moving. Realizing they're aligators, we run some kilometeres away in our panic, but we soon recover and pretend like this moment of weakness never happened. We return to the river and decide to perform some kick-butt magic to get across.

So, we decide to take turns on casting a spell to get across alphabetically-wise, so 'Stina starts first.  Right then, though, me and Katherine remember that we made a mistake about the letter with which the alphabet begins, and that it actually starts with a K (Katherine's opinion) and an A (my opinion- though I'm nearly certain it's wrong) After a clivilized argument, in which positive opinions about Dramione, Harmony, Romione and Drapple are excanged, the three of us finally make truce and decide to work altogether. With an exess of bravery, we stand over the surface, raise our wands and perform Bombarda Maxima! on the river. A huge explosion follows that cakes the three of us with mud and soaks us in water, but once it's over, there is no river but a tiny stream (the rest of the water is blown around) and a couple of uncnonsious aligators (or dead... but we can't tell the dead ones from the unconsious ones apart yet, and since we're in a hurry, we don't exactly stop to check them).

We slip several times while crossing the muddy area that used to be the river, but thankfully none of the aligators notice. With much sweating, swearing and cursing certain Harry Potter character (I curse Draco while my two companions both curse Ron) and a huge fight that follows the mentioned cursing (I've got no idea why it happened, though) we finally reach Hogwarts.

THE (happy) END

new

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Awww.. thanks for using me, TheaterChik! And thanks to you and Anna, for responding!

Alright, I have a few things to mention today, so here it goes....

1) Has anyone looked at the number of posts lately? That's right, we're almost at 100! So, to celebrate this, the person who posts the 100th reply gets to do their own question of the week! About anything! As many questions as they want! So post, people!

2) The answer from last week's question- both Anna and Lauren were right! I was actually thinking more complex, like inventing a potion to make myself fly or something, but I realized that both of your answers were a lot better! So... Virtual Cookie for you both!

3) This week's questions!

HP: If you had a chance to trade places with one of the characters, who would you choose and why? Hermione. She's one of those characters that get to live with all the adventure and excitement, but nothing really bad happens to her (aside from in the last book, in the scene with Bellatrix and the knife, but still!)

Hobbies/Activities: What's your favourite feel-good activity? (ie: Singing, Dancing, ext.) Probably writing stories. It might sound weird, but when I'm in a really bad mood, I probably write twice as well as I did if I was in a happy one! I also just like to curl up with a good book-the longer the better!

Books/Movies: The Hunger Games Movie is coming out on Friday (so excited!).  Do you think it will live up to the book?  Why or Why Not?
Also, do you think they chose the right actors and actresses for each character?  If it was up to you, would you have changed anyone? 
I personally think that the movie won't quite live up to my expectations, because there's no Madge and a whole bunch of other stuff, but I think it will be pretty good. 
I think the cast was chosen okay, except for Haymitch and President Snow, because Haymitch looks too sober and President Snow doesn't look evil at all- in fact, he looks a bit like Santa Claus. smiley  Other than that, I wouldn't change anything!

4) Who here is gonna go and see The Huinger Games?  I am!

Yeah, I'm super excited for The Hunger Games Movie to come out.... smiley

~Nicole, who can't believe how warm it is!

regular_visitor

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 am

Oh my Gryffindor, I just logged on and realised that I REALLY need to get active here in this very thread now and then! And I'll start NOOOWWW!!!

HP: If you had a chance to trace places with one of the characters, who would you choose and why? Hm, difficult question, but I'll go with one of the "not-so-minor-yet-not-so-major" characters because they definitely have adventure, but don't have the entire world on their shoulders like the Golden Trio (especially Harry) seems to. So a possibility would be Luna.

Hobbies/Activities: What's your favourite feel-good activity? (i.e.: singing, dancing, etc.) There's some, but the only one that competes with reading and writing is playing video games. It's very, very fun for me to play for hours and hours.

Books/Movies: The Hunger Games Movie coming out on Friday (so excited!). Do you think it will live up to the book? Why or why not?

Also, do you think they chose the right actors and actresses for each character? If it was up to you, would you have changed anyone?

For some very odd reason I've become pickier in my books and movies than before and that, despite all the cool things the movie will probably have, will have me disappointed at some things (if you think about it almost ALL book-based movies WILL upset some people) but otherwise...

*fangirl scream*

*clears throat*

Anyway, I have to agree with you on Haymitch and Snow. Additionally, there's just... something about Gale's actor that doesn't add up. It's more than irritating, but I'll get over it. Everyone else is good enough in my book. And heck YES am I going to watch; I was even able to get tickets on the day it releases!!! It'll be late at night (-_-) when I do so, but people it's the freakin' Hunger Games; it'll likely be worth it.

Also, something random and useless which no one will probably care about; I was just thinking about the term "etc." which, if extended, is "et cetera." I just realised it's very likely Latin. Knowing French, a language closely related to Latin, and since the word "et" is "and" in both languages, AND since we use "etc." to finish off lists of things in a sentence... yeah. So, if I'm right, "et cetera" would basically be the Latin equivalent of "and stuff." Anyone who knows what it properly means, feel free to correct me; this is all guessing.

I'm very weird, as you can see. :D

regular_contributor

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Woot--cookies!!

Anywho--time for this week's awesome questions.

HP: If you could be ANY character from the series, who would you pick and why?

Angelina Johnson, I think. Because since she's older, she gets to do all the things older students get to take part in while still being a part of the series. But she's also outta Hogwarts before the Death Eaters sink in (I know, I know...). However, she still comes back to fight and she's a really strong character overall.

Hobbies/Activities: What's your favorite feel-good activity?

Reading, writing, watching TV--often all at once. I also enjoy dancing to loud music. :)

Books/Movies: THG moviecomes out Friday. Will it live up to the book? Cast thoughts?

I'm so totally excited. I think it will live up to my expectations just judging from early reviews and the trailers. I also think that since it has such a rabid (no joke) following, the crew is doing their best to make it work. I've heard it's a different experience as opposed to the book, but that's because it's trying to translate a girl's thoughts and perceptions into a 3-D world for everyone to see. It'll be perfect.

The cast? Yeah--I'm down with it. I think they've done a great job. The only person I was a little apprehensive of was Lenny Kravitz, but I'm getting better at seeing him as Cinna. Of course, he's not my Cinna (I would require Wes Bentley...of course, he's playing Seneca Crane...anyway!), but I think he's going to do a good job.

(And Nicole, darling, about Haymitch...it's because we haven't seen him at his worst... they're saving it for the movie probably. :) )

4) Who's gonna see THG? I am! Just...two weeks after it opens, because for two weekends, I'm booked solid. *frowns*

~Lauren

frequent_contributor

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:30 pm

HP: If you had a chance to trade places with one of the characters, who would you choose and why? Astoria Greengrass duuuurh. For... obvious reasons. XD

Hobbies/Activities: What's your favourite feel-good activity? (ie: Singing, Dancing, ext.)  Swimming laps, also, writing and going on the computer on my favorites sites

Books/Movies: The Hunger Games Movie is coming out on Friday (so excited!). Do you think it will live up to the book? Why or Why Not? I saw it... AND IT DID! Well, I think it did, and who else here thinks Seneca Crane is their new favorite character? *Spoiler* Just why does he have to die? D8 His beard is too cool, HE'S TOO COOL TO KILL!!!! 
Also, do you think they chose the right actors and actresses for each character? If it was up to you, would you have changed anyone? Nah. I don't think I'd be that good of a casting director. I think they did fine character wise, my biggest peeve about characters was the fact that the stylists besides Cinna got no attention at all.

new

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Sorry for not posting questions for a while; I've been really busy!

Anyways, in response to the last set of questions- I SAW THE HUNGER GAMES!  And it was epic.  *SPOILERS* Rue's death was even sadder than it was in the book!  Did anyone else cry during that scene? *SPOILERS FINISHED*

Moving on from my Hunger Games obsession, how is everyone doing?  Are some of you guys still on March Break?  I've heard that some places in the US have March break this late, but Canada always has it the second week of March. 

Now, regarding the questions... there has been a minor change in formatting.  From now on, there will still be 3 questions per week, but they will no longer be in categories.  This is simply because I'm running out of questions to ask in the three current categories, and would like to learn more about you guys in different situations!  (Plus, the questions I've been asking lately are super lame.)

So now, ONTO THE QUESTIONS!!!!!!

If you could invent  anything you wanted to, what would you invent and why?   A machine to bring books to life, probably.  It would be really cool to go inside Hogwarts or visit the Capitol (from THG) or see Alagaesia (from Eragon) or visit Ferryport Landing (from The Sisters Grimm).   Of course, there's always the implication of getting trapped inside the book, however...

A lot of people have "teams"- Team Peeta, Team Gale, Team Edward, Team Jacob, ext.  What's your personal opinion of these teams?  Do you support any teams?  I personally think teams are silly and have no point, and I definitley don't support any teams from Tw*li*ht.  The Hunger Games, however, is a different matter...  so I wouldn't exactly say I'm Team Peeta, although I definitley prefer him over Gale.

What's the best vacation you've ever been on in your life?  (If you've never been on vacation, tell me your dream one).   It's a tie between Hawaii from when I was 7 and Disney from when I was 10.   Hawaii was fun, because it was really nice and tropical there, but Disney was just... magical.  So I'd probably say Disney.

Alright, that's it!  Be sure to answer the questions, as usual, and also tell me what you think of the new question format!

As well, feel free to ask your own questions and start up your own conversations!  Don't forget, this is a virtual cafe!

~Nicole, who is super excited because she's going to Disney!

regular_contributor

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm really good, actually. We don't have an Easter/Spring break--it's basically Good Friday and Easter Monday that we're out. But is all good.

If I could invent anything, what would I invent and why?

Gosh, Nicole, you took the good one! I think I would make something similar to that--but more in the sense of Wizards of Waverly Place--with the spell: Literarium Terrarium. I would love to see the world through the author's eyes (the most accurate of all, after all!)

Teams. What do I think?

Blaagh, don't get me started. The only think teams make me think of is in the Vampires [Stink] trailer where a girl runs up with a shovel and whacks another girl over the head screaming, "TEAM JACOB!" and then running away.

VACATION.

Well, I went to Colorado and Utah for two weeks for my cousin's wedding and to see a lot of the national parks. That was really cool. Took like 300 pics of Mesa Verde alone. But then I've been to Disney World--but I was like...eiiight?? My parents are going on one fairly soon to Florida.

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Since Nicole said we could post our own questions, I have one:

What should I write next--Fan Fiction wise?

1. Post my first ever fan fiction (from...five years ago?): Heather Potter and the Death Eater's Fury [full length]
  2. Myrtle [one-shot]
  3. Lucy (Luna/Percy) [one-shot]
  4. George's Vision [one-shot]

Basically, the Myrtle one is the day she died. Lucy is how I think Luna/Percy comes to be. George's Vision is him trying to prep for Fred's funeral and being in their room one more time (he sleeps in a different room after that).

You could choose more than one, especially considering the one-shots are, well, one-shots.

~Lauren

new

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm
Awesome question, Lauren! Here are my answers... 1. Heather Potter and the Death Eater's Fury [full length] 4.George's Vision [one-shot]

regular_contributor

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:57 am
@Lauren: HEATHER POTTER FTFOV! You said it has lotsa grammar mistakes, so don't you dare to correct them! POST THE ORIGINAL! I'll love you forever if you do that :) The George oneshot sounds totaly epic as well, I think you should totally do this too, it's one of my favorite ff topics and i'd love to read something written from you on that =) ~Anna

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 pm
What is your name? Caroline What State/Province do you live in? Kentucky What is your favorite colour(s)? Pink and green How old are you? 12 What are you currently writing? Startied a HP fanfic, and a short novel How long have you been on The Stacks? 2010 What is your favorite HP book? Half-Blood Prince, So awesome!

new

Wed May 09, 2012 8:53 pm
Hi everyone! I know I haven't updated the questions for a while, but that's because it's really hard to do without formatting it. So for now what I'm going to do is post an activity, and I'd like everyone to try it, because it's really fun! *THE ACTIVITY BEGINS HERE* So first, I want everyone to think of four or five things (they could be good or bad) that happened to them the last month. Now, once you've thought of those things, choose a noun that describes these things. (ie: If one of your things was playing baseball, you could use the word BAT or BALL or GLOVE or PITCHER.) *IMPORTANT: You must not tell the event behind the noun. Just type the noun, then move on to the next one. Also, please capitalize the nouns so that they're easier to see.* Here's mine: UKELELES, DISNEY, HOGSMEADE, JELLYBEANS, and BOOKS. The funnier you make them, the better! After about 6-8 people do this, then I'll post the next step. Enjoy! ~Nicole, who hates not being able to format all of this...

regular_contributor

Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 am
Awesome new thing, Nicole! Here are mine (since I've got a poor memory, the nouns are 'bout things that happened to me both the previous and this month):
BUNNY
SWIMING
FOOTBALL (and I mean SOCCER)
PIANO
ROSES

new

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:25 pm
I'm going to do something I've never had to do before.... BUMP! (So please reply, because it hurts that I have to bump The Elephant House!) ~Nicole =)

regular_contributor

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 pm
Since this is kinda a place to just talk, OH! I should do the previous month thing:

Summer

Theater

Alchemy

Music

Books

Anyway. So...I just wanted to kinda talk about the book I'm (almost) done writing.

Basically, this kid (well, he's 17...) named Percival Wick signs up to take this alchemy class at Morgenstern Castle. He arrives with ten other students (five of which will matter, but more on that later). The teacher, a mysterious Romanian woman named Eponine Seraphina, explains that she has never completed a full course with all ten. The most she's completed with was six. The fewest, one.

So classes proceed. With the guidance of an old alchemist named Bernard Talbot, Percival learns of an old alphabet invented by the Karkans, an ancient race near the Caspian Sea. They made this device called a venalchimia (look up an old astrolabe, the circular kind...not the telescope-y kind) that helps decode the alphabet.

Classes proceed, but students drop out. They are down to five. More mysteries unfold. Like...the first student who dropped out is still getting letters. The classes are becoming more sporadic, as if something more important is at hand.

Percival, and three friends (okay, so four were important): Lily Devonshire, the timid daughter of an alchemist; Christine Dark, the fiery and determined weapons expert (pretty and dangerous); and Gulliver Mason, blind, go and try to solve the mysteries of Morgenstern Castle as well as Madame Seraphina's plots without getting themselves kicked out. Because they realize more than their own lives are at stake.

Weirdly enough, I don't want to give too much away, because I'm really excited about it. I may even submit it to be published (whether traditionally or indie, I dunno. I may not even be allowed to talk about it on the site because of security reasons. I'll be interested to see if and when it happens.)

But the big thing about the book is trying to unlock the secrets of immortality through alchemy (philosopher's stone), rising above challenges, etc. It's a coming-of-age/YA/mystery/steampunk/fantasy/action-adventure story. I don't add in romance until book two. XD *tongue-in-cheek*

So...yeah. Since Nicole bumped the thread and all, I thought I'd get the ball rolling. :)

(Sorry, Brian, for rambling and meandering. I realize I am terrible at synopses. Especially since the book isn't done)

~Lauren

regular_visitor

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 am

Hi, guys! Also, thanks Nicole for bumping up the thread! We're at what, 90-something posts, now?

'Kay, sooo... I just have two questions for you good people of the HP boards. Can't possibly take that long, so here goes nothing!

If you had choose *ONE* song to listen to for one entire year, what song would that be? Alas, I'm afraid to admit that this is impossible for me. (so why in world did I ask it, anyway...? Oh, well) Who knows, there might be people on the same boat I'm on. (*crosses fingers*)

Lastly, if you write fanfiction, is there sometimes an inspiration for ideas you get? For me, there's not much inspiration for things, but trust me it's there. Lurking in dark corners. Evil, eeevvviiilll dark corners. Almost all of them are to just help get my characterization right, but that's it.

OR, if you don't write fanfic but you read it, what kind of fanfiction do you like best?

OR, if you do none of the above, then... hmm. Uh... what's your favourite food? (I tried, okay?)

new

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:54 am
Okay, a few things... a) Huge thank-you to TheaterChik and eyeoftheabyss_12 for responding! I was about to give up on you guys! b) Lauren, that story sounds AMAZING. You have to post it as soon as you're finished! How long is it? c) Samantha: To answer your questions... yes, we are now at ninety-two posts (I think), the song I would most like to listen to for an entire year would have to be the Star Wars theme song because I hate it and it's better to hate a song than like it, because at the end of the year you're going to really hate it, and the inspiration for my stories comes from things I see in my everyday life. d) How is it that some people format their work and other's can't? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR SECRET! ~Nicole, who does not want to do her homework!

regular_contributor

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Lessee...

(A) Dunno if I can post it here (or even on the fiction boards), because it's 113 pages. But I may consider self-pubbing if I can muster $400. :P

(B) Nicole, here are some basic HTML codes you can use:

< p > = new paragraph (remove the spaces)

< b > = bold font

< i > = italics

< u > = underline

I made a thread on the General Discussion board called HTML Codes: Help Through the Glitch that has more there to use.

Now for Samantha's questions!

One Song to Listen to for a Whole Year?

Youch, um...dunno. I have no idea. Maybe--just maybe--Hit the Lights by Selena Gomez and the Scene. OR the song from Monkey Pop-Up Theater about Ted and Sven (look it up--you'll be singing it all day!) OR "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof. Gah, I'm having problems choosing. :P

Fan Fiction Inspiration?

Normally, it comes from anywhere. But more specifically, I find it in characters we know nothing about. Or even just glimmers of ideas here and there. *shrug*

~Lauren

regular_visitor

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm
@Lauren: Loving the idea! In fact, you just made me share about a book I might be writing too, dangit! D:< See, there's been an idea of my own in my head since TIME IMMEMORIAL for a book I'm not sure I should start writing; I want to have more writing experience before taking a shot, which means that I might be changing things around, but I'll share what I have so far. So, the book is this jumble of Renaissance/fantasy/mythology/city-of-adventure (for a time)/YA/apocalyptic/romance (eventually) about a 19-ish year old girl named Juno (until I can think of another, better name) part of a huge illegal merchant's guild in the capital city of Fallus. One day she, her old friend and father figure Bugsby, (yes, BUGSBY. :P) head of the guild's personal army and some other people are hired by an eccentric and quick-tempered female engineer called Vex who comes along with them to track down a very old weapon buried somewhere in the city. They find it, but they're sooner or later attacked by cultists; only Juno, Bugsby and Vex survive. The three eventually learn that that very weapon has the potential to bring down a freakin' deity, and it may as well be the end of the world as they know it if it goes into the wrong hands. As the plot goes on, they learn plenty of other, very disturbing things about an evil everyone thought was completely destroyed centuries ago. Still, they're completely in the dark, and the universe itself is gonna screw with them big time before any of them see the end of this. If I manage to make it a series of books, and if I can pull it off correctly, it's gonna focus A LOT on the saying "the ends justify the means", and whether that's really true or not, other difficult problems of life, etc. :D What do you think? Should I go for it now? Soon? In five years? Also, are my summarizing skills any good?

regular_contributor

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 am
@Sammy (if I may call you Sammy...I just love the way it sounds...Sammy) Ahem. Anyhoo. YOURS sounds like the bomb diggidy as well. The names are so cool. I mean, there will literally be children named after your characters (maybe dogs for Bugsby, but still). You go for it. Your summarizing skills are better than mine, but that's only because my story is what I like to call a 'la-la-la-let's-go-meander' story at the moment and needs a stern directioning. Go for it now so you don't forget it. Believe me--you will regret not writing down really cool ideas. :)

~Lauren

frequent_contributor

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:31 am

Okay... what have I missed?

Well, certainly quite a discussion I see. First of all, that question about what song I could listen to for one year, is impossible. Do you know how much music I go through?

Okay, next, uh, inspiration for fanfictions... well, I think what inspires me is the things that never exsist. Like, I try to complete the HP world by taking the thing J.K. never talked about in the series or barely brushed and go even more in depth.

Nextly, I do my HTML by hand, except when it comes for things like my lovely sig, since it has over 4,000 characters of HTML for that dainty little thing

Invent anything eh? How about a machine that can find anything that is lost by a touch of a button? THAT would be helpful to me :)

Blearg. Teams, really? I was kind of over that the second everyone became Team Peeta because "omg lyke peeta iz soooooo hawt lol". Garg.

And finally for questions, my best vacation was just this spring break when we went to Seattle. Seriously. All that is needed to make me happy is a overcasted city with beautiful skylines and surrounded by ocean bays, and a good cup of joe... ahhhh... Coffee is good. Honestly, all I need right now is a nice iced mocha. Seattle invented coffee. Or at least Starbucks. Which is why I larve it soooo much. 8D

Sooooo... how is everyone? School got out for me today, so now I'm free to continue my goal of studying up over the summer so I can fly through 8th grade and into high school with ease. See, my short term goal is to become valedictorian of my class so I can graduate into a good college with a stellar job. And since I've already hopped a grade, I'm actually at a technical disadvantage when it comes to age, but that doesn't really phase. I'm still one of the top students because the rest of my class A. Doesn't care about their grades or B. Are great in some subjects but not as good in others, or both 8P My class seriously needs motivating, but since I'm basically the teachers "pet project" because I'm such a try-hard that I can't really help.

Anyway, I've been reading mostly classical and non-fiction literature for the last few months. Mostly Arthur Conan Doyle and Stephen Hawking for that matter. Dude, I've been obsessed with anything Stephen Hawking. I'm reading his YA books, watching all his TV specials, and messing with my older sisters because now I know as much science science as them.

I mean, what 7th grader, supposed to be 6th grader, can say they fully understand string theory and all it's effects it takes to all reality as we know it? Or why the mind differs from the body in the fact that even though the mind is made of biological material it can also reason and assign meaning to things? I ask my friends these things and I just get blank stares or the roll of the eyes, but really, this is my passion! I love science, and learning, and well, as narcisistic as it sounds (I am convinced I probably have narcisistic personality disorder anyway sooo...) doing better than everyone else. Terrible right? I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, it's just that, gaaah. I am the only one in my class who has this attitude and it's hard sometime. (You- Oh yes, you're whining because you're too smart for everyone else. What a hardship!) I don't expect any of you to relate, but I seriously just can't keep to myself about it anymore, GUESS WHAT WORLD. I AM OPENLY NERDY AND I LOVE TO READ SCIENTIFIC STUFF AND STUDY FOR FUN HEEEEYEEEEAAAAAH!!!!

Twinktoes87

~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~

Copy and paste this if you support the LGBT community and their rights

new

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 pm
Yay! I can format now! Thank you Lauren!

Now, onto buisness...

a) Samantha- Incredible idea. And I love the name Bugsby! It kind of reminds me of Bedtime Stories (anyone seen that movie?), where there's that Guinea Pig with the huge eyes named Bugsy...

b) Twinktoes87- Wow. I got lost in that last paragraph completley. You are seriously brilliant! And you're already done school? I still have 2 more weeks...

c) Who else on this board is a teacher's pet? Because I got into an argument yesterday with a guy in my class becuase we're working on writing short stories and my outline was like 3 pages long, and my teacher was praising me a ton, so he said that I'm a teacher's pet AND an overacheiver, and I said I wasn't and now we're in this huge disagreement but I don't care because we get into a disagreement at last 2 times a week...

d) As a response to the recurring question "how is everyone", I'm actually great! I'm going on a field trip to Quebec next week, which is awesome because it's an overnight trip and I'm going to be with all my friends and stuff (If you don't know what Quebec is, look it up on a map!). Also, I just got back from another field trip on the War of 1812, because it's the bi-centenial and we're learning about the history of Canada at school, and it was really cool because we got to learn all about a soldier's life, but it was kind of gross as well because we learned about their medicines and what they thought were "remedies", like cutting off your limbs with a giant saw, and putting a scarf with red ants inside of it around your neck to cure a sore throat.

e) Be warned in advance- The Elephant House is going to be CRAZY on Monday! At least, I hope so. I'm still nervous that no one is going to post ANYTHING on Monday, and that when people that do post something, it's going to be negative. So I'm kind of spazzing about that whole thing.

f) Who here knows what YOLO means?

~Nicole, who just bought the first Maximum Ride book and hopes it's as good as everyone says it is...

regular_contributor

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:18 pm
@Nicole --YOLO means "You only live once." But apparently, saying YOLO is easier. *shrug*

~Lauren

new

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:33 pm
Sunny is joining the celebration!!! Let's have a partay....umm..I'm singing red solo cup apparently...RED SOLO CUP.LALALALALALA!! sorry.I'm hyper.:D Sunny:a.k.a. small alice in alice in wonderland! Woot! who is hyper and bored because dramaqueen116 will not pick up her phone!!!! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah zip a dee day my oh my what a wonderful day....

regular_visitor

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 am
@Nicole: YOLO = You Only Live Once. It's from a song, but I have no clue which. My classmates keep saying it all the time; some have even taken it as their motto.

regular_visitor

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:07 am

OMG, we're so freakin' close to the 100th post! SO POST PEOPLE! GET IT TO TWO HUNDRED ALREADY! ARGH!!!!!111

*clears throat* Sorry. And thanks for answering my questions, everyone! I'm feeling great because I just cleaned my computer of nasty viruses today! Now it's working up to regular speed again! Another reason why I'm feeling great is because for this entire week and the week after there's pretty much no school for me because everyone at my school is taking their exams... and I've already completed my exams! YAY! Then for the last day we just get there at a specific time to get report cards and summer vacation begins. WOOT! Now, reply time!

@Lauren: Go right on ahead and call me Sammy! Makes me grin in delight. Also, kids and dogs named after my characters? Heh, that'd be cool. I'd pay like, a hundred (thousand?) bucks to see a mom name her kid Vex or Bugsby, LOL. I also changed Juno's name to Brenna. It feels less... out of place or something. And better. Definitely better. Like, has anyone noticed how specific names tend to fit people more than others? And I'm pleased to know that you think my summarizing skills are good. I'm even starting to take notes on my ideas, so thanks for the encouragement. :)

@Nicole: I love the name Bugsby, too. I made up the name while watching a Bugs Bunny show. XD It kinda makes sense, right?

And yes, I believe I'm quite a bit of teacher's pet. Not totally, but quite; I'm on the good side of my science teacher, who a lot of my classmates appear to dislike, for example. According to my friend there were even some girls who talked about how "annoying" I am when I "act" smart some time ago. (they do understand that I AM smart, not ACT smart, right? I do not understand those people) But I'll admit that even though I have the means to become a total teacher's pet, I only overachieve if it's regarding something I like and care about. Otherwise I'll lack motivation, hand in stuff really (REALLY) late...

Also, does anyone here find it hard to NOT raise their hand when the teacher asks your class a question? I feel like shooting that darn hand straight up because I KNOW that almost ALL of my class WON'T answer, so I like to think that I'm doing everyone in the room a favour to make things go by faster (and because I just like doing it). But everytime I do it, I get this feeling that everyone's getting annoyed at me... yet when I decide to stop and let someone else answer questions for once... NO ONE'S ANSWERING! Unless the teacher is asking the questions to people at random, or if every single one of us is stuck (I have my stupid moments, trust me), this really gets to me. It's this unending circle of awkwardness and anger and impatience. I can't be the only one who's going through this.

@Twinktoes: Whoa! I don't find that weird, I find that awesome! You sound a little similar to this guy in my class who loves to learn stuff like that, too. He's interesting to talk to most of the time, as well.

I also have a habit of studying for fun now and then. If there's anything I find interesting in my textbooks, my eyes are glued to the pages for like thirty minutes before someone snaps me out of it. I read too much and too far for my own good. I'm also very, very wordy (or at least moreso than the majority of my class), even in casual conversation. It can get a little hard, 'cause I can understand them but occasionally they can't understand me. It's just amazing how different we humans can be from each other, isn't it? 

regular_visitor

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:04 pm
Hi! My name is Chattyaqua39, but you can call me Ciara, or Star. I saw an announcement about this on the Buzz Board, and I came here to see it stickied. I don't have time to post the form, but I just wanted to introduce myself! -Chatty-

new

Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 pm
Okay, Here it is: What is your name? Username:Fairyemerald31 Real name:Melanie
What State/Province do you live in? California!
What is your favorite color(s)? Purple,pink,light blue,and magenta
How old are you? 9
What are you currently writing? Nothing now!
How long have you been on The Stacks? Since December 2011, but I didn't post on the message boards until March 2012
What is your favorite HP book? Call me silly, but I've never read any!
I also need some advice. There are some girls I'd like to hang out with, but I'm to shy to ask them and I don't want to sit with them. Plus, they're always hanging out with someone else. So how can I approach them without bothering them or having lunch with them?
And last,but not least, may I become part of the Elephant House Family? This place Rocks!
~Melanie

new

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm
Welcome, everyone! So glad people decided to post =)

Anyways, enjoy yourselves, look around, and welcome to The Elephant House!

~Nicole =)

regular_contributor

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:50 pm
HAPPY ELEPHANT HOUSE DAY!!! :D

--Welcome to the people stopping by for the party. Enjoy! *lays out chips and dip* You're more than welcome here, because this is one big inclusive family. Well, at least, that's probably what Nicole, our lovely owner, would say. :)

~Lauren

regular_contributor

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:53 pm
GOSH! HAPPY PARTY, ELEPHANT HOUSE! I love this thread so much *hearty heart* So... ahem. Samantha, here are your questions:
If you had choose *ONE* song to listen to for one entire year, what song would that be? CERTAINLY not a song I ADORE because i'll be sick and tired of it by month 2 or something and wouldn't like to listen to it for the rest of my life (probably). Most likely a song without lyrics. Preferably a soft and calming melody you can ignore if you want. I'm thinking of Mozart's Adagio for Clarinet (in A major, K622. Classical music nerd FTFOV!) Look it up people, it's totally beautiful! -Unless you don't like classical music. Or the clarinet. And if you don't like the second I'll never talk... type to you again. JK. But I'm being serious-)
Lastly, if you write fanfiction, is there sometimes an inspiration for ideas you get? There's always inspiration. Some people call it "stealing" or "copying" but I call it "being genius"
No. I'm kidding. Certainly, I'm not 100% original, I frequently base my ideas on other stuff and I might "steal" something every once in a while, but most of the inspiration comes to be... in lightbulb form... ya get me. Basically, I've many good ideas. And at some random moment, all these ideas come together and connect like some short of puzzle and BOOM! Inspiration!
Oh, and I'm also a fun of the "let everything and everyone inspire you" thingy. So I try to get inspired by everyday things. Mostly music. But pretty much everything, really. that doesn't always work out but that's another (long) story
ALRIGHT! BACK TO THE PARTY!
I've brought ALL of the characters I've writen a fanfic about (Canon and OCs) so I hope you have, too, so they can be friends! (Yaaay!)
OH GUYS LOOK AT THIS THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!: (aka I found a game to play!)
Have you read Little Women? They play a game like this in some part of the story... and I'd think it'd suit the Elephant House :)
So, we all take ONE character. It can be canon (a character that has appeared in the books and is created by JKRowling) or an OC (Original Character). Preferably somebody you've written a fanfic about, but since I know not everyone here has, it can be anyone. Sope, everybody annouches their character and once we know how many of us are doing this, we'll get into a line (for example, STACKER 1 frist, STACKER 2 second etc.) and the first person will start a story with the characters given (not much longer than a paragraph). Then the second person will conitnue and so on and so on until the final person ends it and we all laugh at the result. (Which means that we're all going to write something like a silly paragraph with the characters on. Just make sure it's interesting and everyone's character's participating) There can be prizes but let's leave this up to Nicole to decide.
So, fill in this kinda form with your charrie and LET THE GAME BEGIIIIN!:
CHARACTER YOU CHOSE: Dinah McMahon
OC OR CANON?: OC
QUICK PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Long red hair, short, brown eyes
QUICK CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Childlike and weak-nerved though suprisingly wise for someone of her age. Stressful and argumentative but fair-minded and with a mind of her own.
OTHER STUFF: 5th year Ravenclaw. Can't fly a broom.

new

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:28 pm
@ eyeoftheabyss_12- YES! Someone else on here has that hand-raising problem! I raise my hand so high sometimes that people call it the "seizure hand", 'cause it starts shaking really fast and kinda jumping around =)

@fairyemerald31- Just go up and talk to them! It may seem awkward, but it will be worth it! Also, welcome to the family! I'm glad you like this place!

~Nicole, who is going to Quebec on Wednesday and is uber excited...

new

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 pm
Hi, I´m Susi from the THG-board! I saw your announcement and came! :D
Congratulations on getting 100 posts! And thanks for inviting everyone, this looks really fun! (Really, we should have like monthly inter-board meetings or something like that...)
I´m going to fill in the questionnaire!
What is your name? Susi
What State/Province do you live in? I don´t live in America
What is your favorite colour(s)? Blue
How old are you? 14
What are you currently writing? A lot. 5 novels, a SIM, 2 fanfics and I have loads of unfinished short stories.
How long have you been on The Stacks? about a year and a half (I can´t believe it´s already been that long! And yes, the joining date that appears whenever I post is wrong.)
@fairyemerald31: You could try talking to some of them seperately-maybe in an after-school activity or on the way home or something. Once you´re good friends with some of them, they´ll introduce you to the others and it´ll be fine!

new

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:22 pm
Thanks, Nicole!

new

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:38 am
Username:CupidPuppet7 What state/Province do you live in?California What your favorite color(s)?black,aqua How old are you?12 What are you currently writing?Allen Lovegood and In Love with James Potter.Please read my stories and comment on them. How long have you've been on the Stacks?March 2012. What is your favorite hp book?Right now I'm still reading the Goblet of Fire so my favorite hp book so far is hp and the prisoner of azakaban but my favorite hp movie is hp and tdh(the deathly hallows) Favorite hp character?Hard to decide.I like everyone in hp.Except for some slytherins who are not Draco.

regular_visitor

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Here, guys! *hands out drinks and snacks and cake* Refreshments on me! :D Also, if you're new to the Elephant House, welcome! Lots of fun to be had here!

@Hippolyte: That idea seems like a cool way to pass the time! I have just the charrie for it! Haven't used her in a while...

CHARACTER YOU CHOSE: Elena Griffiths (remember her? XD If not, then... just ignore this)

QUICK PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Tall, lanky brunette w/ blue eyes.

QUICK CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Mistrustful, calculating, stoic and snarky (sarcastic). Very hard to impress. (now, if only I'd actually written her like that in my first fanfic involving her...)

OTHER STUFF: Halfblood, 7th year Ravenclaw. Animals and plants hate her.

Ta-da! *jazz hands* Now we'll just wait for more people to sign up! :)

@Nicole: IKR?! (I know, right?!) About the hand-raising problem we both seem to have? Mine doesn't constantly shake, though, it just hangs there until it's tired, then it's up with the other hand... and so on, LOL.

regular_contributor

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:28 pm
@Samantha: THANKS FOR DOING THIS!
Gah, Elena is so awesome ('specially the hard-to-impress part). I have been trying lately to create character that's a bit like that (hard to impress), and now I realize that I might be stealing from you :( (oooh! SCANDAL!) (actually her original version was based on somebody I know, but then I decided to make her more... erm... "suited for an adventure" kind -in other words, point out her most pointed characteristics... my methods to make my characters remarkable are remarkable *sarcasm*- and that's where the resemblaces begin)
But don't worry, because I'm epically failing with her anyway! And you actually wrote her pretty well in your first fanfic... if that's HUNTED. Aaah, I should really read your work. I feel really bad because I never actually do.
This reply may as well be entitled "Ranmble While Waiting for More Ppls to Participate" (Ranmble... rant+ramble. I am a word inventor)
Oh, and can I call you Sammy too? (I will anyways)
And I won't steal from Elena, I'll work on her more (but "more" requires MORE work here)

new

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 pm
@ Hippolyte- Awesome idea! I'll fill out the form right now...

CHARACTER YOU CHOSE: Alexa Potter

QUICK PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Blondish hair, brown eyes, short and a tiny bit plump. QUICK CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Hyper, easily excited, loves to be around people, can be influenced very easily but is also very forgiving.

OTHER STUFF: Pureblood, daughter of James Potter II, has a twin brother named Derek, currently 2nd year Gryffindor.

@Samantha- If you shake your hand, it doesn't get tired as easily. =) Also, have you ever stood on a chair to answer a question?

@Everyone else- In case anyone cares, Quebec was awesome! We got to go all around the old city and learn about the legends they had and a whole bunch of the girls got really hyper because we all got a ton of maple candy... and we had the most enthusiastic tour guide ever! It was pretty much the awesomest (yes, I know that isn't a word) trip I have ever been on!

Glad to see how busy The Elephant House is!

~Nicole =)

frequent_contributor

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:00 am
I'm not brilliant. I'm just a know it all who likes to show off to random people on the internet because everyone around me has learned to ignore :)

Hey guys! This is the place for your official ship lists, where you can track what you like and what you don't and revise over your time here on the boards!

Here's how it works:

There are three different divisions

• The "ship it" box, where the ships your adore go. This box is in bold (if you don't have formatting you can use the code (strong)insert text here(/strong) except replace the parentheses with < and > or use CAPS LOCK)
  • The "eh..." box, where the ships you don't love or hate but don't particularly like go. This box is in normal text.
  • And the "no way" box, where the ships you don't like, despise, or even, hate go. This box is formatted in italics (code is (em)text her(/em) with < and >, or alternatively all lowercase letters)

It should look like this (my example)

SHIP IT

~Draco/Hermione

~Rolf/Luna

~Snape/Lily

~Lupin/Tonks

~Cho/Padma

~Dr@co/Ke$ha (Dr@co is pronounced "Dratco")

Eh...

~Luna/Harry

~Neville/Ginny

no way

~Luna/Neville

~Ron/Hermione

~Harry/Ginny

~Albus/Minerva

And since shipping status usually changes, you can always revise your list whenever you like. To add, demote, promote, or take away a couple. Have fun shippers!

Twinktoes87

new

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 am
@Nicole: That sounds awesome! I went to Vancouver once,and our hotel was right next to the ocean!

regular_visitor

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

@Hippolyte: Since you're already gonna call me Sammy anyway, I guess there's no point stoppin' ya. :D It's also completely fine to have a character similar to Elena. Well, if she ends up similar, that is, since it sounds like you haven't fully decided exactly what kind of person this character is and how she reacts to things, etc.

But Elena doesn't like people who steal from her (nor does she like people she thinks steal from her), so be careful. She has a way of knowing things pretty quick. XD

Oh, and instead of "ranmble" (rant + ramble) what about... "RANTLE"?! (bit easier to roll of the tongue and to remember, no?) :D :D :D Whaddya think? :D :D :D

@Nicole: Really? Maybe I should try the seizure hand as well, then. :P And I've never stood up on a chair to answer a question... I see it as too much work (I'm such a couch/chair potato [-_-]), and I'm not that desperate to answer stuff our teachers throw at us, even if I'm already pretty anxious about those things.

Have you ever stood on a chair to answer a question? O_o

regular_contributor

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:24 am
@Sammy: Heh yeah :) Well, it's true that her reactions bug me a little, but i'm begging to... you know... get to know her (as of late)
I think she's different than her (Elena), but... they have some stuff in common. Just, you know, she's what Hippolyte would call "an under development situation"
Yep. AND NOW PEOPLE SING UP FOR THIS THINK... THING OR I WILL be too sad to express it.
Oh, and RANTLE IS better than Ranmble... but RANBLE is also good. But Rantle shounds like a good surname (as surnames are not my stongest part on naming characters, I try to steal them for everywhere possible, or create my own. And you know, for a character in a different universe that loves to talk a lot and rants when they're angry... no reader will understand, will they? Rantle, rantle... it's a nice word. Anna Rantle. OK, it's officially my STACKS surname)
Ya... now i'll go and come back later :D

regular_contributor

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Character You Chose: Peter Crosby! *swoony sigh*

OC or Canon?: OC

Quick Physical Description: Blond, blue-eyed, tall, well-built.

Quick Character Description: Cunning, loyal, mischievous, and determined; OH! and rebellious to his father

Other Stuff: Pureblood, 6th year Slytherin. Amateur world-saver and sidekick.

This is gonna be fun. :)

~Lauren

new

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:36 pm
Ugh... my reply got deleted... here we go again... @Samantha- Yes, I have stood up on a chair to answer a question. I've also stood up on a desk too, but let's not get into that.... Also, can I call you Sammy? Please?

As well, my last day of school was today! So now I'm going to do a rantle (I love that word!) about something I thought about today and want your opinions on.

When are you really in a grade? I just finished Grade 7, so does that make me a new Grade 8 or an old Grade 7? I feel more mature than before, but is that Grade 7 maturity or Grade 8? And what if I was a Grade 6 at the begining of the year, and a Grade 8 now? Then when am I really a Grade 7? In January? Or near the end of the year, or the beginining? So now what should I say when people ask me what Grade I'm in? I think the best answer would be,"I don't know", although that would make you seem silly. So what do you guys think? What grade are you honestly in?

Just a rantle- I probably doesn't make sense but I don't care!

Finally, two or three more people before we'll start Anna's game!

~Nicole, who has a baseball game tonight but it's really hot and she doesn't want to go...

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:28 pm
Can I join too? Username: Cheerfulathena67/ Real name: Stella/ What State/Province do you live in: California/ What is your favorite colors: blue, green, purple/ How old are you:10/ What are you currently writing: a parody of Dynamite/ How long have you been on the Stacks: since November 2011/ What is your fave HP book: Goblet of Fire/ Can I join please???? :)

frequent_contributor

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 pm
Whoops! Accidentally tacked on another post there at the end... >.>

Anyway, this story thing shounds cool... but IDK, the only OC's I want to use right now were technically made by other people 8P Gah. Okay, fine, I'll play as Emerson...

CHARACTER: Emerson Greenbelt
OC OR CANNON: OC
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Tall, thin frame, black hair, pointed ears, menacing green/hazel eyes
CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Cunning, snarky, clever, the wit and the ability to do things not so good, holds grudges, has serious daddy issues, great dueler, acts on revenge. Could become a biiiiig problem if he decides to join his father... (*music plays* DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN!)
OTHER: Pureblood, 7th year Slytherin, 18 yrs. old, father in Azkaban for crimes against humanity, only child, friends Atticus Flynn and Vanessa Estaing (whelp. she's more of an acomplice, not quite sure if they even trust each other...), leader of the so called "Cyan Alliance", mortal enemy- Malcolm Bishop 7th year Gryffindor who dares to insult him, his family, his house, and his status to epic preportions.

BTW, can't wait to get started on Battle Wrecked... just not really sure howwww, I've actually planned out more of the end than anything else... :/

Twinktoes87

regular_contributor

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:51 pm
@Twink! Twink! I has an idea for the beginning! What if two first years (one from Gryffindor/Hufflepuff and one from Ravenclaw/Slytherin) tried to like interact, but were told not to because of the division, the sides, etc.?

I'm excited for it as much as you are, I bet. Possibly more. :)

~Lauren

new

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 pm
Hey guys!I'm writing a book about alchemy.It about two brothers who goes to this boarding school where you'll learn alchemy.It a giant stone castle with a huge library.There these classes and you get to choose them.In order not to hurt youself you have wear garments.Like you have to wear a silver arm so you don't lose your arm.Also alchemy is not by blood.If your a alchemist and your son/daughter is one too that rare.If a siblings are alchemists that rare.Also it take a while to know if your an alchemist.Like you can start alchemy if your six even if your eighteen.So the older brother,Heron who is the main character is thirteen.His brother Xavier is twelve.So here are personalities. Name:Heron Edward Wright Age:10 Personality:smart,loner,tends to do things by himself,loves alchemy,likes to read about alchemy,compassionate,kind,shy,knows what right, a little bit of a coward,has some bravery, very mature for his age, serious, Appearance:dusty blond hair that goes up to neck,wears dorky glasses,white,small for his age,elfish ears,small nose,has a scar near his eyebrow,midnight blue left eye and emerald green right eye. Backround:has a father that comes home drunk and doesn't care about him and his brother,a mother who is deeply sick and loves him and his brother,has a brother who over shines him,lives on the outskirts of town, has an old lady as a neighbor whose granddaughter visits her over the summer Other:secretly keeps a journal Name:Xavier Fredrick Wright Age:9 Personality:tries to be brave, a bit of a coward,fun,likes alchemy,cool,not so smart,sometimes he knows what right,fun Appearance:shiny brown hair,midnight blue eyes,pointed nose,smallish ears,white,perfect height,doesn't wear classes,has a scar on his left cheek,usually wear a friendly smile. Backround:same as Heron. Other:has a crush his next door neighbor,Ava Chapter I Heron had just survived a beating from his dad.That was his punishment for being a "smart mouth".His brother just watched him and not doing anything.Xavier now and days like to play with Ava since it summer.Heron spends most of his time reading alchemy and being with his mother.Ava's grandmother comes over weekly to give Heron's mother some "special" medicine.Heron was a lonely boy.All the kids in town picked on him and Ava doesn't seem to like him. He checked himself in the mirror.He had a bruise on his arm,legs,and everywhere.He sat on his straw bed.His father too cheap to buy real ones.Heron has his father hair but his mother dustiness.His mother has dusty brown hair while his father has shiny blond hair.Heron's dusty blonde hair goes up to neck.He has his father emerald green eye and his mother midnight blue eyes.Heron left eye is midnight blue and his right eye is emerald green.His white skin is covered in bruises that fade away in a day or two.He fixed is glasses.Heron was small for his age and a scar near his eyebrows.He had elfish ears and a small nose. Heron got up.He stared at the outside world out of his window.He saw Xavier and Ava holding each other hands and running in circles.Heron rolled his eyes.Ava was two years younger than him and Xavier a year younger.They act like five year old.Heron was thirteen.He was very mature for his age.He is very serious.Heron ran downstairs.He and his brother sleeps in a attic.Heron made sure his father is not home and is at work.When the coast was clear,Heron tiptoed to the kitchen.There he got a bowl,spoon,some milk,and flakes.He poured the flakes,then milk in the bowl.He sat down and his flakes with his spoon.He saw a yellow envelope address to him. To:Heron Edward Wright From:Louis's School of Alchemy Heron couldn't believe what he was reading.He slowly opened it. Dear Mr.Wright, We are glad to inform you that you posses the power to make alchemy.School starts on September 1.Please take the train at station nine.The train is there at 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.If you miss the train you must inform us by sending a letter.Here are your school supplies.We hope to see you on September 1. Louis Archer Headmaster Heron stared at the letter until he notice a little slip.It showed all his school supplies.He couldn't believe it.He needed to convince his dad to buy a animal to test on and Beginners Alchemy by Sharron Bergson.It said pick your classes here.It showed many classes.Heron was overwhelmed.He picked the classes that was best for him. The school already has his books. Heron ran upstairs to his mom room.His parents have different rooms.His dad has the best room.Heron found his mom room to be empty.He saw through out her window that Heron's mom was in the wheelchair.The old lady was next to her standing up.She was holding a cane.Xavier and Ava were playing tag.Heron ran to the front door.He saw his mom laughing.He went outside. "Mom you won't believe what I found out."said Heron excitedly.He had a big grin on his face. "What is it pumpkin."said his mom.She tuned to him. "Mom,can we go to town?"asked Xavier. "Yes but make sure to buy pig,a small."said the mom.Xavier nodded.He and Ava ran off to town which is really far away. "I need to rest."said Heron's mom.The old lady,Ms.Whitefield,carried Heron's mom inside the house.Heron stared at the door.He went inside the house. It was July,July twenty fifth. Heron stepped inside the kitchen when he realized he didn't finish his flakes.Heron sat down.He finished his flakes.He went up to his room.He reread his letter over and over.He heard the door opened.It closed with a slam.That meant his father home. Heron tiptoed downstairs.His father faced him.Heron faced his father.Heron hid his letter.His father scowled.Then Xavier came.He was carrying a small pig.It was a really fat small pig. "Hello father."said Xavier brightly.His eyes beamed. ''Hello sons and my wife."said Heron's father harshly.His mother came down.She took the pig and killed it.The was fat already.Heron scowled at his father. "Don't make that face at me!"boomed Heron's dad. "I'll stop disrespecting you unless you buy me certain things because I discovered I'm a alchemist!"yelled Heron.He showed his father the letter.Everyone was shocked.Everything was quiet. "Me too."said Xavier quietly.He held up his letter.Heron was shocked.This was rare.Siblings that are both alchemist are rare.Heron stared at his father. "It a deal?"asked Heron.His father nodded then scowled.Heron stared at his letter.He felt excitement,angry,shocked,amazed,nervous,sad at the same time. Tell me if I should continue ~cupidpuppet7

new

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 pm
name McKenzie state CT writing 2 fantasy's age 10 fav cant decide ;0 color red blue green stacks about a week its normal to be a little bit weird, but it’s really weird to be normal. - MY friend ill post the beginning to one of my storys in a sec

[ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team