Fan Fiction

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
regular_visitor

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm
Elsie, can you float this? Thanks! Hi! OK, so I was looking through the messages, and realized something along the lines of "I like this person's story, but I wish I knew more about them".  So then I got thinking that maybe we could get to know each other here! *Imaginary Trumpets Play* So, you're probably wondering about the title, right? Well, it just so happens that The Elephant House is a cafe in Britain, one of the cafe's where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter and the Philsosopher's Stone! So what do we do? ANYTHING! The Elephant House is like a virtual cafe!  Have conversations, ask questions, share book ideas, and get to know your fellow fanfictioners!   So.. I'll ask a few questions to get us started (NOTE: These are just basic guidelines, let your imagination go wild!) (ANOTHER NOTE: My answers are in pink)   What is your name?  Nicole   What State/Province do you live in?  Ontario!  That's right, I'm Canadian! :)  (AND DO NOT LIVE IN A IGLOO)   What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Aqua   How old are you? 12   What are you currently writing? My new fanfic!  I'm also writing a novel (Or trying to, anyways).   How long have you been on The Stacks? I think since this Febuary, but have to check.   What is your favorite HP book?  Umm... I think Order of the Pheonix, but I like them all! You can basically talk about anything- as long as it is within the guidelines! Some things to talk about.... -School -Boys -TV shows or movies (PG please!) -HARRY POTTER! -Something you're writing -Upcoming stories -Anything else you can think of! Please reply and let's get the conversation going!     - Colie Bear AKA Nicole Witch, Mockingjay, Fairy, Half Blood, and Author. PROUD CANADIAN! "There are many people in life you cannot figure out.  I think you are one of those people." Madame Hepburn, Peratants: The Adventure Begins. Proudly Boyfriendless "You are one of the most insensitive warts I have ever had the misfourtune to meet." Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Order of The Pheonix "Hapiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban "Why must life be simple?  I prefer to live it with entusiasim, blood, and a little taste of death." Emagira, Peratants: Rising Up.

Re: INTRODUCING... THE ELEPHANT HOUSE!
contributor

Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:13 pm
What is your name? Laura

What State/Province do you live in? Texas! (USA)

What is your favorite colour(s)? Purple, Neon Green

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? A couple new fanfics, and i stared writing a non hp related book, and i plan on continuing it, just not until after i finish with the fanfics

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since June of this year. So, about four months.

What is your favorite HP book? I can never choose between Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. But those two are defiantly my favorites.

i'm gonna use the "upcoming stories" topic....
i've posted prologues for two new stories i'm planning on writing. I haven't posted one for the second April Johnson, though, cause i'm terrible at sneak peaks and it doesn't have a prologue.
So, the second April Johnson will be the last full-length April story. But I'm not ready for everything April to die! I'm thinking of writing little 1-5 part stories of little things in April's life. Like maybe when she was younger. Like, when she get her first wand or get the letter from Hogwarts. Or maybe a little thing about where April and what she did when the Battle of Hogwarts was going on. Or even farther into the future, I could do a thing about April's kids (she has three... in the future). Little things like that.
Not only little stories about April, though. I think it would be fun to do something from the point of view of one of the Sky siblings (Matt, Ruby, and Jenny). Or from one of April's siblings (though I'm not as interested about doing that).
Then I wanted to do character profiles and back stories and things. That one's a maybe. If I do that, it would probably have more detailed descriptions of how the main character look(hair color, height,eye color, skin color, face shape, etc.), more about their family, and little facts about them (likes and dislikes, no matter how irrational. What their wands are made of. Birthdays, milestones, habits).

This is a really cool idea, Nicole (love that name, by the way. one of my cousin's also named Nicole). "Virtual Cafe". I'll come here often. :D

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!,
~ :) chattycrimson6 :)

regular_contributor

Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 pm

What is your name?  (I'm gonna not use my real name) Amara

What State/Province do you live in? NH

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Aqua (same as me!), I also like white, Orange, mid night blue, gray blue, red,(Axel: We get it you like a lot of colors. / Me: Yes, but not a HUGE fan of pink.)

How old are you? 11

What are you currently writing? MANY things dear, Voldy time, A ghost ballet, that other one, oh and Mermaid at Hogwarts! MANY things.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Not sure, a long time?

What is your favorite HP book?  Prisoner of Azkaban!!! He he =P
WELL to get this thing started (or continued...), I am already planing the VOLDY TIME HALLOWEEN EPISODE!!!!
Axel: That's nice.
Me: Shut up Axel. I know you don't care.
Axel: I won't care till you put me in it.
Me: What the- AXEL YOU ARE IN IT! Also is Zexion!
Axel: YAY I'M IN IT!
Zexion: (-_-")
ANY WAY, so I'm gonna have a WHOLE LOT OF SURPRISES for y'all! Shh! Don't tell Voldy! ;-D BUT if any one has any suggestion feel free to share them! There's no wrong answer!
Axel ; We burn the place down!
Me: That's a horrible answer.
Sorry for Axel, Zexion is much more calm.
Well any suggestions, and I will be doing a post for this, but any suggestions fell free to say! Except for you Axel.
Axel: (-_-")

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am
What is your name? 
Lauren

What State/Province do you live in?
Illinois

What is your favorite colour(s)? 
Purple. Hands down. But I also enjoy other colors.

How old are you?
Foh-teen (14, I'm weird)

What are you currently writing?
Oh my word...words, actually. I'm writing the Halloween HP Show! episode, A Really Weasley Christmas, and something for NaNoWriMo (but that's not until November 1st)

How long have you been on The Stacks?
August of 2010. :-)
What is your favorite HP book?
 I've grown to really like the Goblet of Fire, actually.

regular_contributor

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am
This is an AWESOME idea! Seriously, it's brilliant! I'll answer the questions! :smileyhappy:

What is your name? Christina

What State/Province do you live in? Massachusetts!

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple!

How old are you? 12!

What are you currently writing? The Stars Come Out For Me! It's already halfway done! After that, though I'm planning to write a fan fic about George and Angelina, how they got together after Fred's death. That one's still in its early stage, but it's coming along!

How long have you been on The Stacks? A year and 27 days! I joined on October 1st 2010!

What is your favorite HP book? Deathly Hallows! I also love Goblet of Fire, though!

~ Christina

frequent_vsitor

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:54 pm
What is your name?  Daniella

What State/Province do you live in?  New Jersey, USA. MY COUSINS LIVE IN ONTARIO! THAT'S IN CANADA!

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Aqua, Turquoise, Jade Green (inspiration for first part of screenname), All shades of blue, green, and purple, pretty much.

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? Trying to write my fanfics but have been slacking off. Heh heh, just wrote slacking odd. Weird me being weird me. Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of developing a script for a playwriting contest I heard about! Will they let me write some songs for it? It'll be about a few adults fresh out of college, with big dreams of being stars and working as waiters and waitresses in a restaurant as they try to get their big breaks! So, it would be fun if there were songs...And still wondering whether I should go ahead with it even though I'm 12 and the characters I'm talking about are going to be at least 24 or 25.

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since the beginning of my summer vacay. So, since late June 2011.

What is your favorite HP book?  I like Order of the Pheonix narrowly, over Deathly Hallows by about .1...would have liked Deathly Hallows if Dobby and Fred hadn't died.
You can basically talk about anything- as long as it is within the guidelines!
Some things to talk about....
-School
-Boys
-TV shows or movies (PG please!)
-HARRY POTTER!
-Something you're writing
-Upcoming stories
-Anything else you can think of!

Adding some things...AVPM, AVPS, AVPT, STARSHIP, AND ANYTHING TEAM STARKID! If I could change my screenname, I would have changed it to starkid some sort of random number that Scholastic gives me, but I've been on a bit too long to change my name now.

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 10-30-2011 10:22 PM

contributor

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:17 pm
is your name?  Isabel

What State/Province do you live in?  British Columbia  That's right, I'm Canadian!  
What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, orange, pink

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? nothing yet, i think im going to continue the fanfic i started before i left
How long have you been on The Stacks? since 2007 but i wasn't alowed on the message boards then
What is your favorite HP book?  deathly hallows

contributor

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 pm
What is your name? Mary

'What State/Province do you live in? PLEASE!!! I don't want to mention. Even if I do trust everybody here, I have to be Cyber Smart!

What is your favorite colour(s)? I mean tons of colors! It sometimes depends on my mood, I mean I feel like blue matches with my mood now, NO I AM NOT SAD! I am just chilax hah, Chill+Relax= Chilax! HAHA, get it? Sorry, I'm just.... NVM..

How old are you? 12

What are you currently writing? Possibilty For Love. Well, the first few parts are marked as Battle For Love, but I changed the title, so. It's a love story, I was told it was really good. But, a writer can never have perfect writing skills!

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since last November, WOHOOO! ALMOST A YEAR!!!

What is your favorite HP book? Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows, I mean, that's when Ginny+Harry and Hermione+Ron started developing!!! DUH!! AND EVERYTHING GETS INTRESTING AND AWESOME THERE! I actually finished the series last Friday, October 28, 2011, if anybody is reading this in like 2012, 2013, 2014 and the future years!!!

~Winterprincess18
~Mary

§Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you§

~Thomas Jefferson

It’s normal to be a little bit weird, but it’s really weird to be normal.

- MY friend

{HUFFLEPUFFS UNITE!}

(If you are in Hufflepuff, copy and paste this in you sign-off)

?

It’s true I’m a girl.

Got a problem with that?

?*?*?*

Just look upand hope.

?*?*?*

frequent_vsitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm
What is your name?  Brooke

What State/Province do you live in?  New Brunswick (never seen an igloo)

What is your favorite colour(s)?  I dunno.

How old are you? 12 years old

What are you currently writing? In the middle of a next gen fanfic

How long have you been on The Stacks? since August 2010

What is your favorite HP book?  How to decide?

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:04 pm
OK, so it seems like we're starting to get the idea... great answers to the questions everyone, I'm really excited for all of the new stories we're going to have on this board.  Remember, this is a virtual cafe, so HAVE CONVERSATIONS!  Reply to other people's messages, suggest ideas, post random facts. 
So I'm going to start like a question of the week, which I want everyone to TRY to answer, so that we can get more ideas flowing.  They might be HP related, school related, or book or movie related. 
SO... the first question is...

HP: What is your favorite character and why?
School:  What is your favorite subject?  Why?
Book: What books (other than Harry Potter) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like?  Are any of your OC's based on characters from other books?

Remember... connect and comment!
If anyone has any suggestions, or ideas that they want feedback on, or questions about anything in life (as long as it is appropriate), feel free to post it!
PS:  I'm also going to try and get a newsletter going, so if you want to be a fanfic reviewer, an editor, or a new story updater, please reply to this message or in another one, stating why you want the job and why! 
PPS:  I'm also looking for someone to do a poll on different things each week... reply to this if you to do that! 

- Colie Bear

Witch, Mockingjay, Fairy, Half Blood, and Author.

PROUD CANADIAN!

"There are many people in life you cannot figure out.  I think you are one of those people."

Madame Hepburn, Peratants: The Adventure Begins.

Proudly Boyfriendless

"You are one of the most insensitive warts I have ever had the misfourtune to meet."

Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Order of The Pheonix

"Hapiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

"Why must life be simple?  I prefer to live it with entusiasim, blood, and a little taste of death."

Emagira, Peratants: Rising Up.

1drop of water can make a puddle, which makes a pond, which makes a stream, which makes a river, which makes an ocean, which fuels the world.  In other words, be careful, because a little thing goes a long way.

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 pm
Cool!  I like the idea for the character profiles, cause it gives you more detail!

- Colie Bear

PROUD CANADIAN!

"There are many people in life you cannot figure out.  I think you are one of those people."

Proudly Boyfriendless

"You are one of the most insensitive warts I have ever had the misfourtune to meet."

"Hapiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

"Why must life be simple?  I prefer to live it with entusiasim, blood, and a little taste of death."

1drop of water can make a puddle, which makes a pond, which makes a stream, which makes a river, which makes an ocean, which fuels the world.  In other words, be careful, because a little thing goes a long way.

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 pm
The script is an epic idea!  You should go for it!

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:07 pm
Love your randomness....
The whole Axel and Zexion thing rules!

- Colie Bear

PROUD CANADIAN!

Proudly Boyfriendless

contributor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:43 am
I live in british columbia to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

contributor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:47 am
What is your name?  Gillian

What State/Province do you live in? British columbia That's right, I'm from Canada!   (AND DO NOT LIVE IN A IGLOO)

What is your favorite colour(s)?  Purple, Blue

How old are you? 11(finally)

What are you currently writing?I don't have a title but it's about girls at camp

How long have you been on The Stacks? Since June 2011

What is your favorite HP book?  fourth

regular_contributor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:27 pm

HP: What is your favorite character and why?
Shockingly, I really like Ludo Bagman. I like him because he just sort of has this likeable personality and you just want to be around this guy.

School:  What is your favorite subject?  Why?
 I really like logic class, and foreign language because they're different classes you don't see in every public school. I'm starting to like Geometry and history. I'm growing to like Biology and... I have a couple other classes I like.

Book: What books (other than Harry Potter) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like?  Are any of your OC's based on characters from other books?
 I loved The Princess Bride by William Goldman, Contingency by Paula Wiseman (granted, it's more of an adultish book...but anyway); Ah...I'm reading Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, because it's a really tough read, but it's been so tremendously incredible. I've got loads more that I loved, though.
I love dystopian fiction and fantasy stuff. Oddly, reading realistic fiction feels weird because it doesn't feel...real to me. I prefer capes to jackets, apparently.
I haven't really based any character off of another character that I know of.

Ah...other question suggestions:
~TV Shows
~Movies (but that could tie in with TV Shows)
~Hobbies (if we haven't asked that already)
I'd do anything you ask me to, Colie. So if you need anything, just holler!

regular_visitor

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 pm
Wow.... I feel like an epic fail... those last three things I posted in the Elephant House were meant to be replies to the comments... must have clicked the wrong button... :)

- Colie Bear

PROUD CANADIAN!

Proudly Boyfriendless

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 pm
AND IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Seriously, I saw the title and was like "Elephant? Huh." But once I read it was like... *happy dance* *Hugs you* I already love this thread! Fanfiction needs a virtual cafe... and which one's more suitable than an online version of J.K.'s fave one in real life? NONE!

What is your name? *waves* I'm Anna

What State/Province do you live in? I live in North Greece :smileyhappy:
What is your favorite colour(s)? Blue and tirqouise... oh, I just killed it. I'll learn to spell that word once, you'll see I will...

How old are you? 14

What are you currently writing? Um, nothing currently, BUT I'm planning to start a Hunger Games Alternate Universe fanfic, in which Prim do went to the Games. I'm also supposed to be writing a super-epic fanfic about Teddy Lupin but... I don't know. I made a quick plan and I'm like... poof. I don't think I'm ready for something so big yet :( I'm do gonna work on a couple of sequels for Exceed Expectations, though! Can't leave those guys behind!
How long have you been on The Stacks? More than a year and a half, I joined on February 2010
What is your favorite HP book? Gosh, don't I love them all! Deathly Hallows for sure, though!

"It's more fun to make your life your own invention."

~Hippolyte

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:02 pm

_Colie Bear_ wrote:
Elsie, can you float this? Thanks!
Hi!
OK, so I was looking through the messages, and realized something along the lines of "I like this person's story, but I wish I knew more about them". 
So then I got thinking that maybe we could get to know each other here!
*Imaginary Trumpets Play*
So, you're probably wondering about the title, right?
Well, it just so happens that The Elephant House is a cafe in Britain, one of the cafe's where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter and the Philsosopher's Stone!
So what do we do?
ANYTHING!
The Elephant House is like a virtual cafe!  Have conversations, ask questions, share book ideas, and get to know your fellow fanfictioners!

So.. I'll ask a few questions to get us started
(NOTE: These are just basic guidelines, let your imagination go wild!)
(ANOTHER NOTE: My answers are in pink)

What is your name? Samantha (penname for everyone's convenience so they don't have to type out the dreadfully long series of characters on the top left corner of my posts which is my username...)

What State/Province do you live in? All I'm saying is I'm also from Canada (high five!). In a proper house. With heat. With cool(ish) weather outside. Gee, I was expecting a snowstorm today! (obvious sarcasm. Yeah, I have a habit of doing that.)

What is your favorite colour(s)? I have an awful lot (it says on my STACKS profile), but I'll just choose blue.

How old are you? 13. Almost.

What are you currently writing? Time Turned Upside Down/TTUD! And if there's any other ideas I get I'll suggest it here in the café and see what you guys think.

How long have you been on The Stacks? I think it was since August 2010.

What is your favorite HP book? Deathly Hallows, hands down.
You can basically talk about anything- as long as it is within the guidelines!
Some things to talk about....
-School
-Boys
-TV shows or movies (PG please!)
-HARRY POTTER!
-Something you're writing
-Upcoming stories
-Anything else you can think of!
Please reply and let's get the conversation going!

- Colie Bear AKA Nicole

PROUD CANADIAN!

Proudly Boyfriendless

regular_visitor

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm
Hm, I can answer those questions!

Who's your favourite HP character and why? I may have mentioned it earlier, but in case not... LUNA LOVEGOOD! Aside from her eccentric personality I'm more impressed than creeped out/facepalm at her craziness by her super idealistic ideals (about Nargles, etc.). Bonus points on her sickeningly sweet innocence. :D

What is favourite subject? Why? With English I'm not having any problems, it's fun... yeah, I'll say that's my fave. Math's one too, given that my teacher is hilarious.

What books (other than HP) do you like reading? Is there a particular genre you like? Are any of your OCs based on characters from other books? Huh, I've a lot to elaborate on here... Anything that's in some way involved with magic I'll probably like, but if not then all I'll need is a pretty good plot; easily impressed person over here. I've lost count on how many fantasy books I've read over the past few years, however. As for the OC question... yes, I'll admit I've "borrowed" a thing or two from different places but I always have my own twist to both their personalities and their involvement in the plot to make up for it. Sort of; I do it out of appreciation (can you even call it that?!) for the character I based the OC on but said OC somehow ends up... unsatisfactory. *glares at Morrigan 'cause she's the only case on which this happened*

Coming up next in a couple days an actual blog thingy! By me! On TTUD! Hey, that rhymes!

regular_visitor

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:06 pm
OK... only 1 question this week, and I'm going to answer it because I feel like it!
PS:  Thanks to Lauren and Samantha (don't feel like looking up username spellings) for responding to the last question!
1. Why did you choose your username?  Is there a story behind your username?
Well... my username was chosen because when I was younger, my brother couldn't pronnounce my name properly, so he called me Colie instead of Nicole.  My dad thought that sounded like Koala, so he made it into Colie Bear, and that's one of my nicknames today!  (You can call me Colie, Nicole, Nikki, Nic, or anthing else you can think of!)

regular_contributor

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 am
My username comes from a first attempt to make an account and TheaterChick, with the second 'c' was already taken. So my mom, being the clever woman she is, took that second 'c' out and shizam! I had a username. I like it because Theater is a huge part of me and Chik is like chick, but with a little bit of eccentricity (?) or eccentricness (?) anyway.

Message Edited by _Moderator_Elise_ on 11-16-2011 08:28 AM

regular_visitor

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am

_Colie Bear_ wrote:
OK... only 1 question this week, and I'm going to answer it because I feel like it!
PS:  Thanks to Lauren and Samantha (don't feel like looking up username spellings) for responding to the last question!
Well... my username was chosen because when I was younger, my brother couldn't pronnounce my name properly, so he called me Colie instead of Nicole.  My dad thought that sounded like Koala, so he made it into Colie Bear, and that's one of my nicknames today!  (You can call me Colie, Nicole, Nikki, Nic, or anthing else you can think of!)

That's neat!

For how I got mine... If you've ever read/watched LOTR, or the Lord Of The Rings, the big bad's Sauron, in the form of some evil eye on a big tower, surrounded in black and the land of Mordor. Uh, yeah... my username's inspired from a bad guy, basically. Oh, well. I'm not a bad guy fan or anything; maybe I was sleepy (and thus not thinking straight) when I registered late at night. But as of the moment I'm content with my ominous, annoying-to-type-out username (I swear, pressing the Shift key all those times is beginning to drive me crazy).

contributor

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm
i just picked random words then sounded cool together, then got the random number they gave me..... i signed in in june, so they had this weird system where they "helped" you make a username.

regular_contributor

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 pm

_EyeOfTheAbyss_12_ wrote:

_Colie Bear_ wrote:

That's neat!

For how I got mine... If you've ever read/watched LOTR, or the Lord Of The Rings, the big bad's Sauron, in the form of some evil eye on a big tower, surrounded in black and the land of Mordor. Uh, yeah... my username's inspired from a bad guy, basically. Oh, well. I'm not a bad guy fan or anything; maybe I was sleepy (and thus not thinking straight) when I registered late at night. But as of the moment I'm content with my ominous, annoying-to-type-out username (I swear, pressing the Shift key all those times is beginning to drive me crazy).

Really? Interesting... I always thought your username is inspired from the chapter in the Amber Spyglass that's entitiled "Abyss". But seeems like I really need to read LOTR finally. :smileywink:

[ 244 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team