Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  

is james potter an idiot?
yes 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
no 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
NO! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
YES! 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
I guess so... 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
who the heck is James Potter? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
other 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14
 James Potter
new

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 pm

I think James Potter is mean, arrogant, and if your a Harry Potter fan, you know why. Agree or disagree?

Re: James Potter
new

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:57 am

I guess I'm not a Harry Potter fan because I don't know why. 

Okay, okay, I know why, I was being facetious, but anyway. I will never, ever, ever justify James's behavior toward Snape nor will I justify his arrogance and superiority complex shown in his first few years at Hogwarts, and I will always, always be harsh on him for things like Snape's Worst Memory. He's not a bad person, but even good people do bad things every now and then, and that's something that we've got to keep in mind; James isn't a saint, and no one should try to justify what he did to Snape, but at the same time, I feel confident in the idea that he redeemed himself. Maybe not in the eyes of Snape, but in the eyes of the few that judged him harshly for his terrible behavior. I think he grew out of it, and I'm not going to say that "oh, he was just a stupid teenager, we were all like that at 15," because I think that's a terrible explanation (and something that sounds far too dismissing of an issue of this magnitude), but I won't deny that he matured by his seventh year, and that's something that will always make me a James fan. I don't care for and I don't like the James that tormented Snape, but I do like the James that was loyal to his friends, helped out Lupin from his own miserable isolation, and sacrificed himself to save Lily and Harry on Halloween 1981. Of course, as a James fan, it's important to keep in perspective James's negative side, but for me, it's very possible to like him both as a character and as a person. I understand that not everyone can or will forgive James for all the terrible stuff he did, and I can understand the reasoning for it, and I won't ever disparage anyone for feeling like that, but for me personally, I forgive him, but I won't forget.

new

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:48 pm

exaclty

new

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't really know! I mean James Potter was really mean and arrogant to Snape in the fifth book and I hated that but he did save Snape from getting saved from Lupin when he was a werewolf. Although, he was saving his own neck as well as he said! I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA! surprise

new

Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:38 am

your so right! just because he was fifteen and dumb does not mean he could treat Snape that way. thanks for making me realize that james potter was arrogantnoheartsmiley

new

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:52 am

James may have "redeemed" hinself, but nothing will ever excuse the way he treated snape. snape deserved lily more. though harry is really a great kid. james was a total brat and braggart.angel

new

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:18 am

I voted I guess so because I don't want to dislike him but I do. I mean I don't really think he deserved Lily and he was a bully to Snape. I REALLY don't want to hate him but it's kind of hard not to...

new

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:35 am
Maybe he is kind of arrogant, and he was wrong to treat Snape that way, but we all make mistakes in life! We all do. I'm not saying its right, but that's just my opinion.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:37 pm

uh... i <3 what iridescentcrinson said. she has a point, guys.

new

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:41 pm

I mean snape was right about him being lazy and who can blame him. but calling him an idoit, well Im going to have to say no

Adventuredog813

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team