READ the Books

Announcements

We have closed this board. But you can still connect with other 39 Clues fans! Go to the new 39 Clues Message Boards on the39clues.com!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 JRR TOLKIEN QUOTES!(Quotes of the day)
visitor

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:07 pm
OK, here are some more JRR Tolkien quotes celebrating LOTR:
-Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
-If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-Little by little, one travels far.
-The Hobbits are just rustic English people, made small in size because it reflects the generally small reach of their imagination.
-It's a dangerous business going out your front door.(from the Fellowship of the RIng)
-One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.
 (Poem from the books)
-    I Like this quote I dislike this quoteThere is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.
-Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.
-It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him. (from The Hobbit)

I will have more quotes tomorrow. I quite like these by Tolkien. He was a philosipher.

Re: JRR TOLKIEN QUOTES!(Quotes of the day)
frequent_vsitor

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 am
I'm scared of J.R.R Tolkien now. Aragorn is the THIRTY NINTH king of Gondor! And that special leaf [kingsfoil] he uses to heal everyone could be an ingredient! Plus Tolkien's parents traveled around in SOUTH AFRICA! Johannseburg! I hope it's all just a coincidence. Or maybe it's a coverup. If everyone thinks it isn't real then they'll think everything is just a coincidence.

regular_contributor

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:53 pm
you have a lot of quotes     ps aren't you labonath151?

contributor

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:48 pm
TomasKing, I think you're right! I think JRR Tolkien had a Clue!!!

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team