Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 11 posts ] Average score:  
 Just came up with something...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:22 am

**I'm still coming up with this, so please bear with me... I literally just thought of this on the computer, just now: had to type and post it. I imagined the antagonist as either a lolita or punk... so either a frilly goth doll or, well... I think we know what a stereotypical punk looks like.**

I couldn't help it. The moron had messed with me one time too many. And like every other quick-tempered yankee, I thought with my fists more than my brain-- so I got up, planted myself firmly on the ground, and punched her square in the jaw.

Now, mind you, I'm pretty scrawny. I could hardly pull my bed away from the wall to grab a poster when it falls, and that metal contraption's on wheels. Imagine my (and her) surprise, then, when I send her flying like a ragdoll thirt feet veering to the left. Her smug look goes with her retainer and upper left canine about five feet to her right, and is replaced with shock, horror, and lastly, rage. "How-- how did-- how could--- how DARE you, you little--!" The spineless punk is silenced with a look, but quickly builds her head of steam again: this time, though, in a quiet, smoldering rage. "I'll kill you for this."

Again, I'm thirty plus feet away; and while she was raging, I was retreating-- not escaping, but a tactical retreat, there's a difference-- and her cohorts had fled not long after their boss was knocked on their face. Nevertheless, after she pronounced my death, I was hoisted in the air by my upper torso and neck--  which, while being increadibly unpleasent, to say the least, was also impossible. "Not--! What--the..." was all I strangled out, but what I was thinking was, Not possible! Not at ALL, in the slightest, possible! What the deuce is going on here?"

**I'm pretty curious myself, main protagonist. I'd like to continue your mishaps and adventures. Alas, this was as far as my movie scene took me. I think that I'll leave you to your own devices and return to you when I'm more inspired, or had more chocolate to eat. Mmm... Chocolate.**

Re: Just came up with something...

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 pm
As a general message... I enjoy feedback too! (Maybe I should have mentioned that.) Feel free to comment on any of my... (they're not even stories; why can't I come up with the right word...?) ...uhh... ...Just-- just feel free to comment. I promise, I won't bite your head off if you tell me that it's awful. I PROMISE! (I'm not that scary, right?) So, I can haz teh feedbakz pleaz? *insert lolcat* ~Tarochan1412

regular_contributor

Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 pm
very interesting, I like it. Oh, and, here's some charries for ya, hope ya like 'em! Name: Maxwell (Max) Rogers Style: Casual Personality: Kind, smart, considerate, compassionate, loyal, trustworthy, brave, good friend, and very protective of anyone he cared about. Family: Twin sis, Diana, mom, Josephine (Josie), and little brother, Eric. Name: Diana Style: Casual Personality: Smart, kind, considerate, compassionate, loyakm trustworthy, good friend, clever, and very creative. Family: mom, Josephine (Josie), twin brother, Max, and little bro, Eric. Name: Eric Style: Casual Personality: Like Diana, he's smart, a good friend, kind, considerate, compassionate, loyal, trustworthy, and very clever. Family: mom, Josephine (Josie), and twin older sibs, Diana and Max.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 am
TechGirl: THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU THANK YOUUUUU *OVERUSE OF CAPS LOCK FOR THANK YOUS NO JUSTUUUUU* I've always had trouble coming up with names, so those are really apprecited. (It's funny that you say Eric, since a friend and I are in a heated debate over the Phantom in Phantom of The Opera... and his name is Erik :P) Personality-wise, I would definatly tweak them a bit, since I've always liked having some problem with them (loyal to a fault because... use you imagination for half the story until I deem it time for some revealing backstory >w<) And thanks for the feedback; anything is really appreciated (coughthatmeansyoutootrollerschough)

new

Wed May 16, 2012 12:30 am
did somebody call for an opera ghost? Nevermind that, the lead is very interesting...and I'm curios as to what your leading to. I give this an A so far, I would really like to see where your going with this.

Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm
Mhm, yuz, Erik, I believe I did call for you~ This wasn't even the one that I showed you earlier, but I guess you already knew that... XD I don't even know where it's going, so don't ask me! XD well, I mean, you COULD ask me, but I wouldn't know what to say.

new

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 pm
That's really really good! I like it. You keep on posting the rest of it, and I'll keep on reading it! You're a great author, too, just thought you should know.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:10 am
D'aawwww. You flatter me! :B Actually, there was something else that I was working on- I guess it got lost, and it would be a PAIN to re-censor it again... But if you liked that, then I guess I'll give it a go! Thanks again! ~Taro-chan

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Okay, i finally found a use for this sorry excuse for an excerpt: i have been infatuated with comic book superheros for as long as i can remember, but i cant draw much, so why not make it a book instead of a comic? My "hero" is The Doctor. I put hero in quotes for a reason because, in a blatent nod to Doctor Who, The Doctor observes the action rather than fight, and tends to the wounded while wearing pocelain masks fashion as (alternatingly) a Dark Ages' doctors mask (they had beaks filled with medicinal herbs to ward off the plague) and a gas mask. (Also another blatent nod to Doctor Who.) The fun in writing a superhero novel, however, is the idea that I dont have to tell you, per se, who The Doctors secret identity is. In fact, I plan on having it it a four-part narration arc: three parts third person limited from potential secret IDs POVs, and one part first person limited from The Doctors POV. If you'd like to se that, then by all means post something and tell me, otherwise itll just be a fun idea to toy around with. And if youd like me to spoil the fun, then tell me as well, and we'll figure out how to problemshoot this in secret. Oh, and if anyone could give me some names, thatd be lovely. I think I just need a boy and a girl, but Id like it to either be plant-based or music based. One of my characters is named Aria, so Id like to keep a theme. And please, whatever you do, dont try to name the girl Rose. Just please dont. Too much Who there.

new

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 am
That excerpt is really fantastic!!! I wish I could write like that, you are an awesome writer :) Please post more!

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless."
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:35 am
//s2g I'm gone for literally 3 months and somehow this becomes popular// man I-- I don't know what to say there. Muse-22 (for that is your new nickname), you're adorable and it makes me happy that other people like my stuff :w:

[ 11 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team