Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 Katniss Everdeen-Possibly THE Hardest Character to Write? CHARACTER REVIEW
frequent_vsitor

Sat May 14, 2011 10:08 am
I've been thinking, and it seems quite possibly that Katniss Everdeen may have been one of the hardest characters to ever be written in worldwide literature. It is incredibly hard to create a character that isn't perfect, or doesn't hold traits of perfection. Katniss is basically anything BUT perfect. For one thing, she seems to be in a lot of life-or-death situations. That is not to say that Everdeen isn't an admirable character-she is probably the best female protagonist ever created. But as a budding author, I can see how thought-provoking it must have been to write Katniss-yet another reason to admire Suzanne Collins.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Re: Katniss Everdeen-Possibly THE Hardest Character to Write? CHARACTER REVIEW
frequent_contributor

Fri May 20, 2011 8:32 pm

_paco.haley_ wrote:
I've been thinking, and it seems quite possibly that Katniss Everdeen may have been one of the hardest characters to ever be written in worldwide literature. It is incredibly hard to create a character that isn't perfect, or doesn't hold traits of perfection. Katniss is basically anything BUT perfect. For one thing, she seems to be in a lot of life-or-death situations. That is not to say that Everdeen isn't an admirable character-she is probably the best female protagonist ever created. But as a budding author, I can see how thought-provoking it must have been to write Katniss-yet another reason to admire Suzanne Collins.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Well, there probably are harder characters to write if you're talking about WORLDWIDE.

visitor

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 pm
Hey, who IS Katniss? I've heard of her a lot around the boards and i'm just wondering. o.o

Luv,

~Isisghost3

visitor

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 pm
OH! SHE'S FROM HUNGER GAMES! Never mind. :smileywink:

Re: Katniss Everdeen-Possibly THE Hardest Character to Write
new

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I definatly agree on this but also what kind of a movie would it be if the main character was perfect. there would be none at all.

new

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 am

I very much agree, Katniss is one of those rare characters that of course isn't perfect, but the way Suzanne Collins has perfectly described her it's wonderful. I tried to write a summary of the Hunger Games and I almost couldn't it is such an indepth book, so intense. It's great! 

new

Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 pm
Amen, paco_haley. I love katniss, she is an amazing young woman. And she is soooo not perfect. Becuase life isn't perfect. May the odds be ever in your favor

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team