General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Keep It Going-- Power Hour
new

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Ok so, the text editor thing was broke when I made my last post, so this dame idea may be posted twice but oh well. You can work from both of them.

I want to try to do one of those things where I start out a story and everyone writes another paragraph to continue the story. I will start it off.

Fido stared at the clock. Tick tock, tick tock. It never before has seemed to move so slow. Fido looked around him and saw everyone else was staring at the clock ad well. Then again, seeing as it was the last day of Power Hour, everyone would be. Honestly, when Fido first started attending Power Hour, he thought it would be fun because he would be learning to control his powers. Oh, how wrong he was. Yes they were learning how to control their powers, but all of their teachers were incredibly mean. They all have loads of homework, and seemed to very strongly dislike Fido. 

There you go people. Just work from that. Write however much you want,just don't go to far. When you see a clear ending, go for it.

Re: Keep It Going-- Power Hour
new

Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:50 am

I sighed impatiently and looked at the clock. It was going so SLOW! The time ticked forward like glue. I leaned in to my friend Sid and whispered in his ear.

"Could I please have the power to speed up time?" I whispered to Sid.

"No." he responded. I growled impatiently and stared out the window. Man. I thought. I wish that I could be far away from this stupid classroom.

All at once, a right light surged in my eyes, I felt himself float off the ground, and wind rushed past my face. I surged forward for a few more moments, then my feet touched ground. Only, it wasn't the classroom.

It was grass. Trees were on all sides of me. I had landed in a small clearing in the middle of a dark and lonely woods. The sun was shining brightly in the sky, but it wouldn't be for much longer. "Hello?" I managed to call out in a pitiful, shaky, frightened squeak.

No answer. The woods loomed over me, dark and cold. I don't even know where I am. I don't know how to get home.

What should I do now?

So yeah. Here is my part, and if you could continue on a story (It's on a thread called, "Making Continuous story. Everyone contribute!")

-Dragoncrown485

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team