General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  
 Kind of a memoir but not, it wouldn't fit anywhere else:(
contributor

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:20 pm
Is this a memoir? I don't know. But my parents are getting divorce this summer and I was hoping for some advice got any do you need any?

Re: Kind of a memoir but not, it wouldn't fit anywhere else:(
contributor

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:53 pm
bookworm24/7,
what does memior mean???
Please respond Quickly!!!!!!
-hemorgan

regular_contributor

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:30 pm
My parents divorced when I was a baby so I don't feel the pain of having a father and mother then all of the sudden they brake apart. I have lived with my mom for my twelve years and she has taught me most everything I know but I can't tell her how I feel it just won't come up!

My father is supposed to have us a couple of weeks in July but that one was forgotten from day one. My father took us(me and my sister)for the two weeks and beyond my mother had to go too cort to get us back and he did it again and again. My kintergarden days were plagued by havint to go to cort after school all the time. My family moved and at the end of my kintergarden school year the last two days was spent in the principal's office for two hours because by father had called and mom didn't want too go to court again so ever since after my first day of first grade I have been homeschooled. I know have an imagination that helps(this is not my imagination)and I have a story in my head that I got to meet dad it is tied in with one of my fiction books called Spygirl and X-box boy. I really do feel the need for a father and I think mom does too.

She even went through a couple of boyfriends that me and my sister were okay with and they both turned sour but mom says they both were a lesson and that she learned something more. I have no idea what she learned but I guess its good. If I think of probably what my answer would be in my head it would probably be, yeah I learned something too not to trust men. But that is a great openeing for bitterness.

I just wanted you to know that someone feels what you feel and will be there for you if you want to talk.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:49 pm

_bookworm24/7_ wrote:
Is this a memoir? I don't know. But my parents are getting divorce this summer and I was hoping for some advice got any do you need any?

it was good but dont be sad

contributor

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 am
Now I know why you wanted me to see it on the buzz board
Thnx, ur lucky your to litle to care or remember...

As Always,
bookworm24/7

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:43 pm
MEMOIR MEANS WHAT WAS IN THE PAST AND YOU LIKE REMBER .IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT REMBER MEANS YOUR VERY CRAZY BUT IF YOU DON'T THATS OK I WILL STILL LIKE YOU YOUR FRIEND AKEEMA.:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

writeit_panelist

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:02 pm
Hi Bookworm24/7,

I am truly sorry to hear about your parents' divorce. It's been nearly a year since you posted that message -- hopefully you're getting used to not having them both together in one home anymore, but if not, feel free to post again with any questions, comments, feelings, thoughts, ideas, etc. Of course you can always share any poems or stories that help you to work through your emotions, and as you can see, other Write It users who have been through divorce may also post encouraging responses for you to read.

Like Cami said, you're not the only one who has to go through this. My parents divorced when I was young, too, and (sadly) I bet at least a few of your friends have gone through similar situations. It's not easy, but it's also not at all uncommon, and we're here to help in any way that we can.

I'll do my best to respond as quickly as possible if you do want to talk about this any further, okay? Thanks for posting,

Diona

writeit_panelist

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 pm
Hi Hemorgan,

This response may be too late, but a memoir is a story about an experience that the author has lived through, typically narrated in first-person. :o)

writeit_panelist

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:12 pm
Hi Cami,

Thanks for posting your very thoughtful message for Bookworm24/7 and anyone else who may be dealing with a divorce sitation in their homes. Are you having difficulty telling your mom how you feel about not having a father figure around, or is it something that you just don't feel the need to discuss?

I was old enough to remember my parents being together and then separating, but I never set foot inside a courtroom -- it's awful that you had to go through that, but I hope it ended up making you stronger. You're right, having an imagination is one of the best ways to get through something like that (Anne Shirley in L. M. Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables" series provides a wonderful example), as long as we don't take simply refuge inside our own heads and try to "block out" the rest of the world. I think it's wonderful that you've channelled some of your feelings into creative writing, but if you do want to talk, like you said to Bookworm24/7, feel free to let me know.

You're also right about the bitterness thing -- bitterness is a powerful antidote to creativity, and to positivity, and to peace, so try your best not to let it get the upper hand. And always be thankful that you have a mother, a sister, other family members and friends who care about you no matter what.

Thanks again, and take care,

Diona

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:29 pm
Dear Bookworm27/7
When yuor parents get a divorce it can be hard i know because my parets got a divorce when i was ten years old.. But even though they arnt togeather anymore they both love you very much and you cannot choose yuo have to be equal

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team