Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 La Couer de la Mer~Real or Fake?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 pm
I decided to write this. I watched Titanic yesterday night. Now I am writing this. Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many of you might not have heard of the La Couer de la Mer. Even if you do, I am going to tell you. La Couer de la Mer, or Heart of the Ocean, is worn by Kate Winslet, playing Rose DeWitt Bukater, in the movie Titanic. Many believe the jewel is not real, but it turns out it may have belonged to RMS Titanic survivor Kate Florence Phillips. A recreation was giving to Cameron Diaz by her husband. I still believe the La Coeur de la Mer was real, but it remains a mystery to this day. What is your verdict? Real or Fake?

Re: La Couer de la Mer~Real or Fake?
regular_contributor

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 pm
You probably don't know me, since I don't frequent the journalism boards, but I just wanted to get my two cents in on this.  According to Wikipedia the La Couer de la Mer is fictional, but is based on a real gem called the Hope Diamond and possibly a sapphire necklace that a real Titanic survivor wore. 
I do not believe it was real due to all the inaccuracies in Titanic, though I do believe it may have been inspired by a similar necklace.

TATIANA

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team