General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Let's bring this here board to life!!!!!
new

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:41 pm

I've been noticing that there haven't been many things going on, so let's write a story!

I looked at the map. We had been walking for the past hour trying to get back to the campsite, but to no avail. Just the same trees and no sign of any trail markers for sixty whole minutes. My sister Stellie spoke, jolting me out of my thoughts.

"You have no idea where we're going, do you?" she put in. Snobby Stellie. Acting as if she owned the world. I rolled my eyes and turned back to her.

"Would you SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH?!" I yelled. "I'm TRYING to get us out of here!"

"Yeah, right, Havel. Like we're anywhere close to the trail." she snapped. "You aren't helping one bit. We're still miles away from the campsite."

I have had it.

I opened my mouth and started to yell at the top of my lungs. "STELLIE, YOU ARE THE MOST BIG MOUTHED, IMMATURE, SNOBBY SHOW-OFF OF A SISTER I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!! IF YOU HAD JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH, WE WOULDN'T BE HERE! AND IF YOU HADN'T RAN OFF LOOKING FOR A STUPID SQUIRREL, WE WOULD BE SITTING BESIDE A NICE WARM CAMPFIRE ROASTING MARSHMALLOWS INSTEAD OF IN THE MIDDLE OF A DARK, SPOOKY WOODS!!!!! OH, AND SHOULD I MENTION THAT WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN, TONS OF SPIDERS COME OUT AT NIGHT TO HUNT HUGE LIVING CREATURES ABOUT OUR SIZE!?!? WE WOULD BE SITTING DUCKS TO THEM!!! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WORRIED ABOUT THE SCAVENGER HUNT AND NOT PERSONAL SAFETY!!! THIS WAS ALL....YOUR....FAULT!!!!!!"

She looked frightened, and I thought, "Finally, she got it through her thick skull of hers." But she started whimpering, and Ireally wondered what was going on.

"Uh...Stellie?" I asked. Then I noticed her finger slowly pointing at something behind me. I turned around and immediately tried not to scream.

A black bear was standing on its hind legs . I could see razor-sharp canines bared, the bear's growls shaking the ground where we stood.

We were doomed.

Please continue the story! Hope it's exciting so far!

-Dragoncrown485

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team