General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 28 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Let's Write a Story!
frequent_contributor

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:24 pm
I'll start at the beginning, and you can continue it with your own ideas. But only the first person to reply can continue where I left off, other people continue where the last reply left off. You can reply to continue where other people left off as many times as you can (if you know what I mean.) Here's the beginning:

Lauren was doing her homework in her own room when she suddenly felt a mysterious presence walking in there. She looked around, and can't see anybody. I don't think I'm alone in here, she thought.

There, pick up where I left off. Remember, I can continue where you left, too. :smileyhappy:

Re: Let's Write a Story!
regular_visitor

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:41 pm
She saw the shadow of a man fall over her desk. Her heart pounded in her ears. She was frozen. She could not move her head to look up.

visitor

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:03 pm
"What do you want" she whispered. Shivering. "I want you" he repled.

frequent_contributor

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:14 pm

_Bannyboo_ wrote:
She saw the shadow of a man fall over her desk. Her heart pounded in her ears. She was frozen. She could not move her head to look up.

Wow, very cool.

frequent_contributor

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:15 pm
A knock on her bedroom door stopped the suspense. She stood up and realized that the man was gone. Was it my imagination? she asked herself.
Her mother stepped into the room. Lauren was about to tell her mother what just happened, but she couldn't think of much details.
At night, Lauren couldn't fall asleep. The face of the man haunted her in her sleep. Before she knew it, she was woken up by the man she saw this afternoon, when she was doing her homework.

Hi, I hope someone will continue my story.

~Reply soon~

regular_visitor

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:43 pm
"Come with me," the man's low, raspy voice said quietly.

Lauren just stared out of fear.

"I said come," the shadowed man repeated, louder this time.

Lauren, keeping her eyes on the man's featurless face, swung her legs to the side of the bed, stood up, and clasped her shaking clammy hands together.

"Who..." Lauren stopped and swallowed to moisten her dry throat. "Who...are you? What do you want with me?"

Suddenly from the black face of the man, two red orbs suddenly snapped on...

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:22 pm
Lauren's eyes blinked twice as she saw the man dissapear. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Lauren wasn't positive about her thoughts, she concentrated deeper into her homework. "Why did that man want me?" she asked herself. Her heart pounded into a slow beat, she can hardly even concentrate on her homework. She read it several times, she pounded her head on her desk in her room.

Her eyes twinkled, she was in tears as if the man wanted to kill her.

"I'm so scared. I'm hardly even doing my homework," she said. The voice came across the room, she perched herself tightly on the blue chair.

"Come with me!" the voice hissed. Again, Lauren saw the two orbs circling around her. She closed her eyes, hoping for the best. Lauren held in her scream, she can hardly yell. Her heart was pounding loudly, her fear didn't escape. However, the background became blank. She awoke, floating on a sea of darkness. She didn't know where she was at, though she happened to manage where she was......

visitor

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:08 pm
She tried to scream but she was so scared it came out only as a whimper. The mysterious figure grabbed her and darted out the window into the foggy night.

regular_visitor

Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:47 pm
through dark and deserted alleyways Lauren was dragged. it was like the middle of a giant labyrinth. back and forth, right and left. Lauren was lost and overwhelmed. then she came to a sudden stop in front of a destroyed and delapitated apartment building.
"Here"

fun, fun!

midget_2326

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:58 pm
"What is it you want with me?" Lauren said through her tears. "why are you coming out in the night and kidnapping me?" "you must be quiet here." the mans dark, heavy voice replied. Pushing and kicking, Lauren reached into her pocket and took out a paper clip, a sweet rapper and a broken pencil. "where is it when i need it?". Lauren never really use her phone. Only in case of an emergency. soon the man dropped lauren on to the cold, hard ground below them...

i'm sorry but if write any more i'll end up writing the whole story!

visitor

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 pm
lauren landed with a thud. she serched for her phone, but them relized it wasn't there. She lifted her head up, only to find the man was gone. She ran around only to find the room she was in was slightly similar to a box, one you can not escape from.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:25 pm
His voice still haunted her, though. "Escaping, hmm?" His cryptic laugh echoed in the alley way and a eerie silence was all that was left. Lauren desprately looked around for a way out. The shreik of a rat and a heavy metallic clang rang through the alley. Lauren could feel the hair raising on her arms.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:04 pm
She kept looking for a way out Kept thinking, asking him, "What do you want with me!" hen suddenly she relizied that the man was gone. She almost let out a scream when the strange man reappeared and hissed, "I told you to be quiet here!" Then he dissapeared again. Finally She sat down, relizing what the man said might be for her safety. Until she remembered the laugh, the she decided he might just want to kill her, but then wouldn't he have already killed her? She was so confused she told herself to rest and she would wake up in her room doing her homework.

She awoke only to find her being dragged again. "Good moring sleeping beuty." The man said with a hint of jelousy. Then he muttered to himself, "If only I could get some sleep every now and then." .........

I would write more but then I would write 3 pages full(and know I didn't really write this, my sister Ring_tailed_lemur did)

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:01 pm
hi

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 pm
She ran to all the walls pressing on them, looking for a way out. She was about to scream when th man hissed, "I told you not to talk here!" He pulled out a dagger when another WOMAN appeared and said, "drop it. She may be of use later!" Then they both gave out a laugh.

visitor

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:14 pm
What were they going to do with her? Were they going to kill her or put her through terrible things until she just rotted away? Thinking of all these made a cold chill sweep down here spine.

Keep going this is fun!:smileyvery-happy:

new

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 pm
(ON-GOING) "SCREAMS!" "HELP! THERE'S A KILLER IN MY ROOM!" SHE SCREAMED! "CALL THE POLICE!" HER TWIN SISTER YELLED! (WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?) FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:21 am
then the man clamped his hand on her mouth and whispered " Don't talk I am taking you to a special place." Lauren tried to run away but his grip was strong and he lead her down the street.

new

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 pm
JUST-THEN, HER TWIN SISTER, LAURANE, YELLED AT HIM.
"LET GO OF MY SISTER YOU IDIOT!" LAURANE YELLED.
"THEN, I'LL JUST TAKE BOTH OF YOU!" UNKNOWN SAID.
"SHUT-UP! YOU AIN'T TAKING US ANYWHERE!" THE TWINS YELLED.

JUST BEFORE THE UNKNOWN TOOK THEM TO THE DUNGEON, THEY ALL HEARD SIRENS. "LOUD-SIRENS!"
"MR. UNKNOWN! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" THE COP SAID.
"LET THE GIRLS GO RIGHT NOW!" ANOTHER COP SAID.

"FINE! I'M NO FOOL!" UNKNOWN SAID.
THEN, DROPS THE GIRLS DOWN HARD (NOT TOO HARD)
THEN, THE PARAMEDICS GOT THE GIRLS AWAY FROM UNKNOWN MAN.
THEN, THEY EXAM THEM IN THE AMBULANCE.

(MORE "COMING-SOON")

FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Sun May 05, 2013 5:44 pm
I need a topic or lists of characters with their strengths/weakness. I'm thinking about a Percy Jackson theme though.

new

Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 pm
As they were examining the girls, a loud shout came from down the hallway. One doctor went to examine it, and he returned with an evil look on his face. He pulled them out the window and jumped. Then he ran until he found the man who had found them before. He had gotten out of the jail! Mr. Unknown picked up the girls, and took them to a garbage dump. "Now it is time I have my revenge!" he shouted as he lowered the girls toward a nearby Lava pit.

new

Fri May 17, 2013 7:52 pm
THE TWIN GIRLS SCREAMED. "SCREAMS!"
THEIR SCREAM WAS LOUD ENOUGH TO ECHO.
("SCREAMS!" ECHOES)

"MR.UNKNOWN ESCAPE!" COP 1 SAID.
"WE MUST FIND THEM!" COP 2 SAID.
"BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" COP 3 & 4 SAID.

AS THE COPS & PARAMEDICS RUSH AROUND.
THEY'VE FOUND MR.UNKNOWN & THE TWINS.
THE COPS RE-ARRESTED MR.UNKNOWN.

THE PARAMEDICS PUT THE GIRLS IN THE AMBULANCE
& RUSH THEM TO THE NEAR-BY HOSPITAL.
THEN, THEY RE-EXAM THE GIRLS IN PRIVATE.

(MORE "COMING-SOON")

FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 pm
She tuned her head back to her homework. Then footsteps rang in her ears.She froze with great terror in her eyes. She felt a scared tear run down her freckled pale cheek.Then a man stood there. "You came in my house why?" "You are a half blood ii am the poisedien."he replied

new

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 am
can i write a story with you my name is joyfulfootball7 you can look on my profile

new

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
She went to her door and saw it was just her mom knocking on the door to tell her dinner's ready.

[ 28 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team