Romance at Hogwarts

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 54 posts ] Average score:  
 LGBT couples in Harry Potter?
frequent_contributor

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:09 am

I was just wondering if anyone ships and slash or femmeslash couples in HP. We all know Dumbledore is gay, but what about other characters? Odds are there is a percentage of them who probably are. I'm guessing some of you probably don't like to talk about it, but hey, on other sites there is a large amount of this buzzing around. Seriously. Look up on any fanfiction site and there is are pages after pages of it.

As of right now I don't really ship any queer couples in HP, but that's probably because I'm not really aqainted with any. I've only seen like, one post with anyone whose actually shipped one, but does anyone else know any?

Mucho gracias, and this isn't a thread to debate anything, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

Twinktoes87

~Proud Supporter of the Rainbow~

Re: LGBT couples in Harry Potter?
contributor

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:18 pm
I don't really ship any, probably because, like you said, no one really talks about them here. But I could definitely see a few of the characters being gay/lesbian.

..❀Foreverelephant❀..

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

There is much you can learn from books and scrolls...

These books. are my friends, .my companions,

They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.”

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

~Jeod, Eragon, Christopher Paolini❀..

new

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:26 am
Currently, I don't ship any of them. Probably the main reason is we don't really have a discussion thread for them. Love the signature, by the way, Katherine! :D

~Skyelark Moon :lol:

frequent_contributor

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:54 am

@foreverelephant: Yeah. Honestly, I my two were Charlie Weasley and Padma Patil. Charlie, because he never gets married in later life and never seemed to have a girlfiend.

I have no idea about Padma though, perhaps because she was so un-interested in Ron, but that might've just been because Ron was being a sour jealous git at the Yule Ball. But people on the internet seem to ship her with girls more that boys, and I think she and Cho could be cute together.

Twinktoes87

Copy and paste this if you support the LGBT community and their rights

contributor

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:01 pm
@Katherine-- Actually, I was also thinking of Charlie... and possibly Susan Bones?
(Ron is a sour jealous git... :P)

..❀Foreverelephant❀..

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

There is much you can learn from books and scrolls...

These books. are my friends, .my companions,

They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.”

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

~Jeod, Eragon, Christopher Paolini❀..

visitor

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm
I've mostly heard Dumbledore+Gridelwald (i think i spelled that wrong)

new

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 pm
I never heard the Dumbledore thing! ~The Phoenix, proud Slytherclaw and LGBT Ally

new

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Huh. I've read Dumbledore/Grindelwald before, but that's mainly it. I could see Demelza Robins being gay, though, because it never mentioned her dating any guy ... however, it never mentioned her that much at all. :D

~ Mia

new

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 pm
I can totally imagine McGonigal being gay... but that's just me... or maybe Neville, no, I kind of doubt that one, but maybe...

new

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 pm
I wondered if I was going to find this in here! Well, I have to say yes. I ship Drarry (Draco/Harry). I know that they're supposed to "hate" each other, but c'mon, Draco is constantly talking about Harry, to the other Slytherins, to his father ("My father will hear about this!") And it just...I dunno. I like them together. I feel really weird talking about this on a children's message board, haha.

contributor

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Hmm...maybe Sean and Dean??

@chattybeak15: Yeah, I can see Neville being gay...0_0

And Dumbledore IS gay. J.K. Rowling announced it herself.

~Lestria

frequent_contributor

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:28 am
chattybeak: OMG MINERVA WOULD TOTALLY BE LIKE THE COOLEST STRONGEST BADDEST LESBIAN EVER. omg, totally my headcannon now...

Twinktoes87

frequent_contributor

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 pm
New headcannon, Parvati, Padma, Cho, and Lavender are a group of lesbians who later in life band together and fight wizard crime. Gah.

Twinktoes87

new

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:14 am
Well. I sort of like Dumbledore/Grindelwald, haha. :D The most popular slash pairing in HP would probably be Draco/Harry. I mean, there are tens of thousands of those out there on the Internet. *_* I don't like it, though. Not because it's slash, but because they honestly HATE EACH OTHER. Yeah. :P

But ... I read this really good slash fic about - of all people - Romilda Vane and Morag MacDougal (who is a girl ... in Ravenclaw :P). Actually, I read two quite unconnected oneshots about them. It's kind of an interesting pairing, really! :D

~ Mia

frequent_contributor

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 pm
Personally, I like a lot of the pairing I read in slash fics. Yes, Drarry is a little much for me (because Harry Potter won't be stealing my boyfriend anytime soon :)) but I love some of the other pairings I've read, like Katie/Cho, Pansy/Astoria (bwahaha, they fight over Draco until they realize that they actually love each other XD) Fleur/Hermione, and Charlie/this OC named Lucas.
Most of them are very interesting, but some are a bit scary... like this Hermione/Minvera collection I read... not for me really. XP

A weird thing I have noticed about myself, it's easier for me to imagine the girls LGTBQ than the guys... see, I only have two guys in HP I could consider gay but almost all the girls I could easily fit into a girl/girl couple. I wonder why... :/

Twinktoes87

regular_contributor

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 am
It's about time I pop into this discussion!
Hm.... I'd say Charlie being gay sounds possible. I've seen Percy/Oliver Wood once, but I'm not really a supporter of it, though I think I like Wood/Charlie. They're both Quidditch players, and both never showed any interest in girls, as far as we know (though Oliver rarely showed any interest in anything but Quidditch... gah, I love this guy XD)
And I guess I like, like, a tiiiiiiiiny bit the idea of Luna/Ginny or Luna/Fleur. Or Luna/Cho, Ginny/Cho and (I think I prefer this most of all) Cho/Romilda. Well, femslash in Harry Potter doesn't get much attention in the outside world of fandom.

regular_contributor

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:39 am
Wooo, I found a new one! Fleur and Angelina, because they both kick butt and they know it :P
And now I notice that they both married a Weasley... and I do ship Bill/Fleur and like George/Angelina, but these alternate ideas are cool :D

frequent_contributor

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:33 am
@Hipployte: Wood/Charlie is good :) I think I shall support. And gurl you have no idea how much attention femslash gets on fanfiction sites. Choose any two girls in the entire series and bam, there'll be a fanfiction about it. I mean. Literally. Everything. Hermione/Ginny, Katie/Cho, Parvati/Angelina, Pansy/Hermione, Dezmelda/Romilda, Naricissa/Minerva, Pansy/Astoria, Ginny/Luna, Tonks/Hermione, Sprout/Sinstra, Luna/Cho, I've seen it all, and though I don't really ship them all, whenever I read a fluffy fanfiction I just have to go "awwww".

Also, Harry is shipped with every. single. weasley. boy. Each and every one of them. But the one that comes up the mostly is obviously Harry/Ron, though I don't ship it (kind of weird after they've been best friends for so long if you ask me.) But most popular slash of all time? Drarry hands down. And I have to admit, in AU, I ship it.

Twinktoes87

You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything

~Fall For Anything, The Script

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 pm
@Twink: Oh rly? I always thought male slash overshadowed femslash (though let's admit it, sum charries like Hermione are paired with pretty much everyone). And I've seen Bellatrix/Hermione getting too much attention lately, but it's not really my cup of tea (actually the idea kinda makes me sick... I mean, Bellamione? No, thanks)
Ditto on Harry/Ron, and let's go and spread Charlie/Oliver to the world!

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:55 pm
@Twinktoes... again!
*evil laughter*
Hipployte, LOL! But at least you got the main idea of where the "i" and the "y" goes (I've been called Hypiltte and Hiptitle) Man, I love it :ugeek:

new

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm
I remeber when I saw this I,being a newish stacker, went *flinch* "What the hey??!?" but not because the LGBT part,because Twinktoes has different ideas T_T

frequent_contributor

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 pm
@brainyathena: Wha- wait I don't quite understand your message, but I do pride myself for pushing new ideas around here. Before I posted this message, no one would even dare say the word "gay". And I like that that changed :)

@Hippolyte: oops. sawry i type fast so yeah, and it is HILARIOUS what mispells people come up with... twinkletoes87, twinkltoes, twniktoes, twintkoes... lol
Maybe slash does overshadow femslash but I only really read femslash (whelp, besides Drarry and whatever Charlie/male pairings they have eheheh.) so I notice more of it :P

new

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:44 pm
@twinktoes:band together and fight wizard crime?

frequent_contributor

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 am
@brainyathena: lolidunno... i just though it would be epic for them all to be like "we're done with boys because we're just too awesome!" sort of thing and then the crime fighting lgtb troupe thing kind of popped up in my head and yeah :P

...♦ Twinktoes8...

Baby wanna be a queen

l   .

We all deserve better things

n  s  .  

~GreenbacBoogie~

(ima robot)

frequent_vsitor

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:09 am
Hm... I know Jo said Dumbledore was gay, but I just never really thought of him as gay reading the books, so I kind of just go with what I imagined in the books (i.e. Dumbledore is straight.) Though I have nothing against slash couples! I just haven't put much thought into making any good slash pairings...
@Twinks- You should write that as a fanfiction or something! I mean about Lavender/Parvati/Padma/Cho thing!
@chattybeak- You're right! That's awesome, I could totally ship her with like... Hm...Emmaline Vance or something. Assuming Emmeline Vance is around her age. So like... Emerva? Minemmeline?
I can kind of see Draco being bi. I guess so I can ship Drarry and Hinny at the same time. :)
-Ollie

frequent_contributor

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 am
omg ollie i luv u why didnt i think of this draco is bi so i can have drarry and dramione... or drarmony omg make me stop this is too good.

...♦ Twinktoes8...

Baby wanna be a queen

l   .

We all deserve better things

n  s  .  

~GreenbacBoogie~

(ima robot)

new

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 am
Well, personally, my favorite slash pairing has always been Remus/Sirius, but I also enjoy Seamus/Dean.

frequent_contributor

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 am
Remus/Sirius is cool BUT SWEET DEATHLY HALLOWS DEAMUS IS POSSIBLY MY FAVORITE SLASH PAIRING IN HISTORY DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM?!

I like it better than Drarry... or Charlie/Oliver... which is to say a lot.

wow looking at this thread it's actually kind of embarrassing like was I on a sugar high or something when I wrote this it is hilariously horrid XD

regular_contributor

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 pm
Alright, I'll try to settle down on some.

Charlie/Oliver. IT'S SLASH OTP!
Albus Severus/Lysander Scamander (I mean everyone's, like, shipping Albus/Scorpius like crazy but if Al's gonna be gay, then let's not have some Drarry replacement. It would be interesting)
Lily/Narcissa (I mean it's interesting. Narcissa is the spoiled little queen who always gets what she wants even if it's a girl and a Muggle born and Lily doesn't like men because James is being a jerk and Snape gets all Death-Eater-ish so she believes they're all bad and Narcissa has good manners and is nice with her after overcoming the whole "I'm in love with a Mudblood. A female Mudblood" thing. And plus, it's like male!Drarry, female!Draco/Ginny AND female!Draco/Hermione ALTOGETHER!)

Now it's Charlie/Oliver feels drowning time.

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hipolyte

new

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:51 pm
haha, i like you twinktoes87. Deamus is definitely super awesome, but there's so little good fic for it :(

regular_contributor

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:29 am
Okay. But I don't ship Seamus/Dean because they're a brotp.
Draco/Ron. I've started to like Post-Hogwarts Draco/Ron.

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hipolyte

frequent_contributor

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:43 pm
I dislike the "new Drarry" since nothing can compare to the original XD... but Lily/Narcissa could be an interesting backstory or something... lolno Lily/Remus forever you may now burn me at the stake.

@melancholyartemis: Deamus is great but underated, hey, come on people, it's not like it's breaking up any huge OTP's, it's just a great minor character ship!

new

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm
Totally agreed! It's really cute, there's not nearly enough fanfic for it. And yeah, it's not like it goes against any big canon ships.

contributor

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 am
I just found this thread but OHMYGOSH! I love the pairing Charlie/Oliver Wood.... They need a name, though... Chiver? Chaver? Olrlie? Ollie? What do you guys think?

regular_contributor

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:11 am
Oh great people ship Charlie/Oliver!

Now let's celebrate!

(...as for a ship name. I vote for Ollie?)

new

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:33 pm
Dude I ship everything literally so yeah.

regular_contributor

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 pm
Apparently I now like Narcissa and Lily enough. As I like Charlie/Oliver, even though I have nothing for them.
*secretly develops thing for Teddy/Louis* *let's not talk about that now*
And ooooh Sirius/Remus' gaining popularity here too, good. But I don't ship it. Actually I've never shipped anything between the Marauders or any Marauder with Snape, and since these ships are popular/accepted in the canon, I'd like to ask you dear fellows if you ship anything?

Simply put: Do any of you guys slashship any Marauders with each other or Snape? And if you do, what's your reasoning?
Because I'd like to see others' reasoning because I've never really considered any of those ships and I still can't picture them so maybe some horizon-extension hm?

I feel lonely here so bye

new

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:07 am
Ok wow, what Harry Potter character do I NOT headcanon as queer, that is the question. Has anyone talked about trans* headcanons yet?? because I could see Luna Lovegood as bi/pan and nonbinary.

@hippolyte: Remus/Sirius was my first major ship in any fandom, and it's a pretty popular one, so um, it would be my pleasure to explain it to you.
IMO the basis of the ship is "opposites attract" because Remus is organized and serious about his schoolwork and loves grammar, while Sirius is rarely ever serious and if he put half the effort into his schoolwork as he did into making trouble...his teachers would like him a lot better. Remus is quiet and reserved, and Sirius is the loud troublemaker (him and James).
BUT LIKE the thing is they are more similar than that. This is my headcanon but maybe James and Sirius became best friends with Remus after he helped them out on one of their pranks, and it turned out spectacularly and no one even got detention. Because Remus EXCELS at finding loopholes in rules and causing controlled chaos, and he definitely masterminded the Marauder's most successful pranks.
Also Remus and Sirius are both incredibly insecure? But they're different here, since Remus tries to hide the ways in which he's different - even though his friends accept him, he probably was always waiting for the other shoe to drop and for them to treat him like a monster - and Sirius flaunts them (his bedroom in his pureblood elitist parents' house had Muggle magazines on the walls). In my headcanon Remus probably agonized over coming out, while Sirius broadcasts his bisexuality. So they can balance each other out here? Sirius pulls and prods Remus bit by bit out of his shell, and Remus can tone Sirius down when he's going too far.

OK IDK if i did a very good job but I'll stop here. omg.
um I don't really ship any of them with Snape? Maybe I need horizon-widening there...but I don't really like Snape that much, so.

(As a queer person, I feel like I'm going to come back to this threat a lot.)

contributor

Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:03 am

bumps bc why not

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:23 am

@Jared: Welcome back to the ship boards, what queer ships do you ship?

(I mean you said you ship everything? But regardless, you still have to ship some ships more than other ships)

contributor

Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 am

@hippolyte- uh RonxHarry tbh and LavenderxParvati

frequent_contributor

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:29 am

every time I go to read fanfiction I always somehow end up at a Draco/Ron or James/Sirius fanfiction oops

tbh pretty much headcanon anyone in any fandom as queer nowadays not going to lie

new

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Okay this may sound weird considering the whole Lavender and Ron fiasco, but I really think that Lavender Brown and Hannah Abott would be cute together. blush

regular_contributor

Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:54 am

*late reply as always but whtvs*

RON/HARRY! Haha I guess it's one of my first ever slash ships ever? But not that much anymore... Draco/Ron though!!!! I kind of feel this. I mean I still can't picture it but yeah. I feel this. 

Oh, OK and I also discovered the magic of McGonagall/Amelia Bones. Ooor maybe... either of them with Emeline Vance (old ladies that are noble and brave. I mean imagine them being girlfriends during their school years and then they couldn't because their ways separated and couldn't be together anyway because of how the world was formed back then and now they only see each other at formal meetings and just nod politely from afar and are often in opposing sides (thing Hogwarts vs the Ministry) but in fact they're dying inside because they're actually SOULMATES? EH? TELL ME THAT DOESN'T KILL YOU)

And then Emeline Vance and Amelia Bones die within the same week (I think?). That's no coincidence. This is the proof that Ameline is totally canon, it lives, I sail it, and Voldemort ships it too! 

Yeah this is my contribution to this thread after months of silence... Happy holidays, anyway! 

Ooooh wait! Hannah/Lavender! Though I always kind of liked Hannah/Parvati... wait, yes. That was my first slash ship ever. Even before Harry/Ron, which I don't ship anymore, while I do ship Hannah/Parvati. :D They'd be cute and fight back to back in battle, thanks :) And then Hannah would become landlady of the Leaky Cauldron and Parvati would try to help her with buisness by offering a "learn your future" option in which she basically tries to read the future of the people who come in and charge them a lot considering how terrible her sheer skills are but they don't need any extra buisness anyway because the Leaky is obviously doing great. And then Hannah becomes a Healer and Parvati? Weell Parvati becomes some sort of ambassador in between magical beings and humans and tries to imporve the relationship between wizards/centaurs and maybe also mermen??? *shrug* I ship this thanks for reminding me. 

regular_visitor

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:48 pm

I've always shipped Seamus/Dean. Also, I think Luna is totally aromantic and asexual. And I headcanon Neville as being transgender. 

frequent_contributor

Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:18 am

this thread has to be my favorite of all time, let's recap some of my favorite things:

• extremely pan sirius black
  • bi remus lupin
  • ace draco malfoy & ace astoria greengrass being the cutest couple of all time
  • genderfluid tonks (ok like you don't understand some days tonks wakes up and feels more masculine than feminine so they morph into this rly cute guy still w/ pink hair because pink hair is awesome and colors are gender neutral, also remus is 100% cool with this bc don't lie to me he's all about that also ngl I'm really into mauraders era remus/sirius but that's for another time)
  • genderfluid teddy lupin
  • honestly just all metamorphagi are genderfluid bc like if you can change your biology on the spot do you really have an "official gender" at all????? (the answer is no)
  • bi bill weasley
  • aro ace charlie weasley who choses dragons over relationships [confirmed by j.k. rowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
  • aromatic oliver woods (who needs romance when you have quidditch?)
  • heteroflexible james potter 
  • queer ginny weasley idk specific label but I know that I want it

@Hippolyte: I appreciate your thoughtfulness towards Emeline Vance / Amelia Bones this is now 100% confirmed in my mind.

someone write a fic where Luna and Ginny start a Hogwarts GSA type club with the help of Professor Firenze, where he lets them use his nice forest classroom as a safe space for queer students and he tells them that the universe & stars don't care if you identify differently. the club meets every tuesday evening and man is the turnout GREAT. they stargaze and have tea parties and talk about people they like. 

I'm just spilling out a bunch of incoherent thoughts now so I'll leave this post for you guys now (; 

...♦ Twinktoes8...

regular_contributor

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Haha it's funny because even though I ship a LOT of queer-ships in HP, I can hardly be hardcore for half of them, not because I don't like them, but because it's more or less minor characters who get little to no interaction between them. BUT. Ameline is so powerful. Old ladies are amazing. Just thinking about what could've been if they had survived the war makes me feel sad. They could live together in some cool cottage and take care of their garden and write advanced, elaborate studies in Transfiguration Today and they'd be invited to give speeches at Hogwarts and if anyone dared snicker about their relationship McGonagall would just huff and glare so no one would.

@Twinktoes: OK OK so. Good if I can still ruin you with ships. 

• So I don't really mind most Marauder queercanons. I have nothing against them but I don't think about the Marauders much so I guess whatever goes.
  • Same goes for Drastoria. I don't really care about this ship but them being both ace goes for me. I particularly support ace Draco because it gets really, really tiring how the fandom loves to picture this 17-year-old boy as some major "hottie" and ugh... no.
  • Look, on the Metamorphomagus = genderfluid thing, I have my disagreements here. Teddy is 100% genderfluid in my book, but I love to picture Tonks as being actually very feminine, and I just don't think that all Metamorphomagi would be genderfulid. I mean being a Metamorphomagus doesn't have to do with your identity, they could overlap and yeah life would be so much easier for genderqueer wizards who were also Metamorphs, but I certainly don't view those two qualities as one and the same. I also have this theory that Metamorphomagi can't change their biology/weight/height/etc. But yet again, Tonks could get duck and pig noses, so I shouldn't be talking (though they were most likely there to be just jokes). Haha idk the way I see it, a genderqueer Metamorphomagus could change their appearance to more masculine/feminine/gender netural characteristics, but just because you CAN do that, it doesn't mean that you WOULD do that because. Even if you can change urself to look like a member of any gender. You can still belong to only one gender, whatever that will be for you.
  • BUT! At the same time we know very little about the nature of Metamorphomagi and it's a very rare quality in-universe, so let's not argue a lot about that. Oh, and I also have the theory that Metamorphomagi have "one" set apperance, but most of them don't know what they "really" look like, unless they suddenly lose their ability (like Tonks in HBP)
  • Never gave Bill much thought, but yeah if you want him to be bi so be it
  • I actually really like to picture Charlie/Oliver as gay and. Into each other. And I ship it. But I think Rowling confirmed that Charlie isn't gay, he just choses dragons over women/relationships? So still. Maybe they're both ace but still romantic so I can still have it. I mean I definintely ship Charlie/Oliver too much to back down now of all times. Whatever flies your broom (haha here we go again) just Charliver for life (lol Charliver is the ridiculusest ship name ever. Adopted)
  • James is a cool kid whatever his preference (which, let's not lie, is canonically 100% and only Lily and I won't hear on this, it's very amusing)
  • Ginny is probably bi if we go by canon because she's definitely canonically into guys and I also ship her with some girls so?  (I just want Ginny to be bi. U can disagree if u want. "If we go by canon", lol)
  • Alright. I don't really have much of my own other than the obvious. Seriously no one has considered ace Harry yet? Someone has and I missed it? I'm sorry if I have... because it's so legit. I feel it.
  • I also stand that Dumbledore's sexuality changed and that he was ace for the rest of his life... because think, sometimes it's traumatic experiences that change sexualities so suddenly, by all means not always, but his own trauma definitely called for a 180 degree turn... I think it's an important thing in Dumbledore's character that he never again experienced attraction for anyone ever, not because it was a "choice", but because he change. Dumbles can make me sad :( 

Yeah that's all! Oh, and the Hannah/Parvati was refering to an AU where Hannah doens't marry Neville... idk much about Neville to be honest. I also don't really have any personal headcanons on many characters really, I just think about it a little, then go "yes, characters x and y would be cute together", then ship it.

frequent_contributor

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:16 am

@Anna: 

• you have some really valid points with the metamorphagus thing! I die a little everytime we don't have an complete in depth explanation about everything in the HP universe lol, so I'm going to give it to you. 
  • haha I'm pretty sure the main motivator behind my ace draco malfoy hc was to combat the awful "draco in leather pants" tv trope. also to clense myself of all the awful drarry fanfiction I read back in the day omg
  • I constantly go back and forth between ace charlie and gay charlie (or both!!) so honestly I'm good with any option.
  • unrelated to queerness but I've just had really strong feelings for the two older weasley brothers lately, if I was to get back into fic writing it would be about their wild adventures in the forests of romania and the tombs of egypt.
  • when u said ace harry i think my heart just imploded, in a good way. i'm on board. 
  • the dumbledore thing is so :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ like I'm sure it could probably happen to someone but for the most part I think it's due to lack of understanding about what being ace means??? honestly I'm more of the idea he just swore off romance like a celibate monk but that doesn't equate to asexuality. *sigh* albus percival brian wulfric dumbledore hurts my heart
  • i'm of the opinion that any character with an anmbigious orientation is automatically bi (if I don't have any other headcanons for them). even if they're only seen interested in the opposite gender nope lol still probably bi like the books were from an unobservant teenage boy perspective no way he could even tell who people were interested in
  • also like as a sidenote it's really amusing to me that even though for the most part harry is hugely unobservant throughout the series, yet he notices a lot about guys like bill, charlie, and cedric. I was rereading the books and he would always mentally note how handsome they are??? like in the 4th book I think he just goes on about how ripped charlie is and how pretty cedric is and how ruggedly manly bill is with his ponytail and it's too much for me. i finally understood why slash fiction is so prominent. it was an incredible epiphany for me.

regular_contributor

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:28 pm

IN CASE ANYONE IS INTERESTED: anything I've ever said about Deamus and how I don't ship it and it's just friendship and let's not ship everyone who is canonically friends is being thrown out of the window currently. They totally get together right after the Battle of Hogwarts after years of friendship and denial about mutual attraction and it's beautiful. They live together peacefully in Ireland and Dean paints and keeps Seamus at some point learns to cook without blowing everything and they babysit Luna's kids from time to time. The End.

@Kate:

• I HAVE A REALLY MIGHTY NEED TO FIGHT THE DRACO IN LEATHER PANTS TROPE. I'm calm. I swear. I just need to FIGHT IT.
  • Maybe it's because the books are PG but Harry can perfectly come off as ace XD
  • Ah yeah I get what you mean on Dumbledore. Like. Yeah son. Also Dumbledore wasn't done justice in any way because the books don't touch his sexuality at all (like at first I thought we got to know that Dumbledore was gay through something Rita Skeeter wrote in The Life and Lies that I had missed, but lol no, it's just a side note by JKR so you don't even get to know abou it if you don't look up the matter further, and that's sad because he's the only canonically gay character.) Yet again maybe it was kinda /forbidden/ to even write someone queer in a kids book back then but that's another can of worms 
  • Yeah on Everyone Is Bi like... while reading I don't really stop and think about it much but Harry is definitely not a reliable source on the preferences of the rest of the cast... like... not at all reliable :P
  • Haha yeah, I noticed Harry noticing other guys' appearances, too, although he also notices girls' appearances without expressing any attraction to them (like Fleur, who he admits she's gorgeous and yet her power doesn't really "affect" him all that much, defs not as much as Ron and other guys, or like Parvati. Although I wish he liked Parvati even a teeny bit in canon, because I ship it so hard you can't understand :|)
  • Also my Ron is super bi. And had a crush on Krum he couldn't come in terms with during GoF. Oh, yeah. And one on Hermione too.
  • Yes on the Charlie and Bill adventures! Haha. Also since i'm officially on board with Deamus I need to write ficlets. Not because I need to write, but because I need to procrastinate, and I need Deamus in my life. 

MORE ON DEAMUS:

Haha i love their relationship/dynamic in the books and movies, and although books > movies, two things from the movies that aren't mentioned in the books shall pass down in Official Canon(TM) from this day until the end of all days:

• Seamus' tendency to blow up things/create explosions
  • THE HEIGHT DIFFERENCE

frequent_contributor

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:14 am

deamus is killing me lol!!!1111!!1!1 I was watching some of the movies with my friends and we just kept coming back to talking about those two whenever they came on screen. i s2g they're boyfriends they just don't know it yet. the 5th movie is so awkward though because dean is still friends with harry and seamus thinks he's a liar and wow it's something. also I always forget that dean and ginny dated because the movies didn't show it... i think that whole thing is crazy though because he and ginny break up because he was tOO NICE. that is dean: too nice for this world. I bet dean is so polite that he cleans up after seamus EVERYTIME he accidentally makes something explode and seamus doesn't even notice half the time because he's too busy trying to regrow his eyebrows or something........... 

on another note, my favorite hp funfact is that David Thewlis was told by Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuarón to play Remus Lupin as a quote "gay junkie". Neither of them had read the book before hand and they just went with it for that whole third movie (sidenote: I feel like the 3rd movie gets a lot of hate for no reason like it's pretty good and has a lot of great moments added in it like i need real reasons to dislike it at this point... is it because they cast remus and sirius 10 years older than they should have, because I do feel a bit cheated by that but whatever Gary Oldman and David Thewlis are still great)

and so it's pretty obvious that when I watched POA w/ my friends last weekend I literally would not stop with mentioning this (especially when sirius and remus were onscreen together, i'm wolfstar trash, drag me to the dumpster thanks) 

speaking of height differences honestly just remus and sirius's height different in the movies, i swear remus is like ten ft taller r.i.p. me

it's so funny to me because I was like anti remus/sirius fan for like 4 years and now oh the tables have turned. 

frequent_contributor

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:17 am

also lol I was just looking at the original post of this thread like "I don't ship any queer couples at this time" im honestly dying that is so funny to me now

regular_contributor

Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:06 pm

ON DEAMUS: but nooo OotP Dean/Seamus relationship is BEST because of the development. Like there have to struggle with their beliefs and taking sides on the war, like Seamus and his mother believe that Harry is lying but Dean supports him of course (he's 100% gold treasure that kid, I swear). So it's good because their friendship gets development! And then when Seamus joins Harry's side again, gah, how heartwarming is that, and then he joins the DA following Dean and i'm left like :D :D :D

And Dean is probably so bi with the whole Ginny thing and all. OR he is so gay that dating Ginny only confirmed it. Either way, their relationship not working out for whatever reason confirmed his feelings for Seamus, totally. I want Seamus being bitter about their relationship but not being technically able to do anything about it, because, hey, Dean should date girls. They're not into each other or anything! He has probably been misreading everything... expect that... what is this feeling in his heart? Who knows. Not Seamus for once. Oh wait, Seamus knows perfectly well. But he's in DENIAL about it as he has been the past 5 years and Dean being in a relationship isn't going to change his habit of denial now is it :D Just imagine them. Babies. Thinking that their feelings for each other are unrequitted for years and years on end. Give me all the pain. They must Suffer before they are Happy. It's, like, Rule #1. Then their reunion on DH! Even though they are minor characters and even if you don't ship it, it's still heartwarming! (I know that, because i didn't ship them for years and i was still touched every time i read that part). And then (assuming they both survive the Battle of Hogwarts, which they do in the movie canon)... their life together forever afterwards. Post!Hogwarts/grownup Deamus gives me life. It also helps that Alfred Enoch is pretty much the most beautiful man on earth rn or something (ok so im htgawm trash and Wes is my dream guy. You can't stop me, even i can't stop myself at this point. That was a sidenote.)

But PoA is a good movie actually! It gets hate? Why? It's decent! More than decent, even! But aamof i actually got the impression that Remus was in love with Harry's mum, the way he talks to him about Lily and all. The first time I watched it i even thought the movies were going to give Lupin the role of "atoning because of his love for Lily Evans" instead of Snape. Like i know it's never touched upon again, but i definitely think they were building up something there that they never finished, and it still bugs me because... no.

Also all the Marauders Era characters are portrayed by actors so much older than their book identities... like they were all supposed to be on their 30s during the books, which is ridiculously young, if you think about it... Snape, Lupin and Peter were only 37 when they died and Sirius was 35 and James and Lily were 22 for crying out loud.

And i'm still anti-remus/sirius haha i somehow seem to avoid falling into that trap. Actually, no, I'm not "anti" because i'm not against it, if that's what it implies, i'm just not into it. But i'd gladly dump you into that dumpster omg what kinda name is Wolfstar. i mean yes I get where it comes from and as a side note, I invented "Lover" as a ship name, but that can't stop me from laughing at the cheesyness of a ship name which i btw don't support haha you lame losers, Wolfstar, omg :P

(Although, denials from Jo Rowling's part aside, Remus and Sirius have been pretty much canonically dating during OotP. They even lived together, c'mon, gimme a break. Kthanksbye)

new

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:59 pm

I think it mentions this in the book, just a bit, but also it totally shows this in the DH part 2 movie, didn't anyone here notice that Lavander Brown died?

new

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:59 pm

As soon as I started reading the books, I shipped Drarry like no other. I kind of like the idea of Hermione being bi or lesbian, and being in a relationship with a girl... but she's mine! xD  

[ 54 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team