Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 Lost, Part One Scene One
visitor

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm
Ok, so i've never wrote a Dramatic Script before...
So please don't be too hard on me, i'm not that practiced in this...
And i'm writing a different play, but anyway...
Here i go.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Lost is about a girl name Emily Arrows who is thirteen and on her own in the wood of North Carolina. She sets out to find her birth mother and finds out more than she asked for.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scene one: Emily is in her little lodge building a fire.
Emily (Tending to the small fire she's built): I've been workin' on the railroad, all the hmmhmm  daaay...
(Brush crackles in the distance and Emily stands up sharply and looks out of her window, alarmed.)
Emily (Calls): Who's there?
(No answer.)
Emily (Louder): If you don't come out right now i'll shoot you square in the forehead, do you hear me???
(There's a knock at the door.)
(Slips over to the door silently and peeks through the small crack between the logs.)
Old man's voice: Now now, no need to peek out at me; just let me in already! It's freezing out here.
(Emily jumps back in alarm.)
Emily (Speaks bravely.): Over my dead body.
Old man's voice: That can be arranged if you don't open the door right now.
Emily: And how should i know if i can trust you?
Old man's voice: I have proper food.
(Emily let's the man in.)
I know it's not much but i hope you get a feel of what i do from this. it's not even the full scene, but... thanks. :)

(Comments please! :)]

~IsisGhost3
   Raven
   Sadie
   Tabitha Jewelpaw (FreeRealms.com, ADD ME! :D)

Re: Lost, Part One Scene One

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 pm
How did you get yours to loook like that I try to do that but it just looks like a huge paragraph, when i look at the preview. please tell me I need to know. Like it looks like right now when you are reading it.

new

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm
It's cool. i like it

new

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 am
If you don't mind, I am going to make this look like an actual script.
EMILY
(Tending to the small fire she's built)
I've been workin' on the railroad, all the hmmhmm daaay...
Brush crackles in the distance and EMILY stands up sharply and looks out of her window, alarmed.
EMILY
(Calls)
Who's there?
No answer.
EMILY
(Louder)
If you don't come out right now i'll shoot you square in the forehead, do you hear me?
There's a knock at the door. EMILY Slips over to the door silently and peeks through the small crack between the logs.
OLD MAN
Now now, no need to peek out at me; just let me in already! It's freezing out here.
EMILY jumps back in alarm.
EMILY
(Speaks bravely.)
Over my dead body.
OLD MAN
That can be arranged if you don't open the door right now.
EMILY
And how should i know if i can trust you?
OLD MAN
I have proper food.
EMILY let's the man in. So I did not pay too much attention to spelling and capitalization. You can do that. I did make it look like an actual script, though, without the correct font. I am writing a script that I hope to shop to Hollywood soon. (that means sell) and I hope mostly that it will become a movie. That is very unlikely. You should be glad I took my time to edit this. THIS WAS EDITED BY AggressiveCake7

new

Fri May 24, 2013 12:14 am
um well, it was ok i just want more of an explanation of why he was there

new

Sun May 11, 2014 3:38 am
you should add wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more scecnes and details

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team