Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 Lost.
new

Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Heather was not feeling well. Her hair sticking uncomfortablly to her forehead and her covers felt as if they were glued to her sides. Her neck burned and her hands felt clammy. Heather could not remember how she had gotten there. She only remembered her name and one word... Piccolo. 

She sat up in her bed. Her dull brown hair puffed up behind her. "Piccolo", she whispered to herself. She swung her legs over the side. "Piccolo. Piccolo. Piccolo. Piccolo." She repeated it to herself and it turned into a sort of chant. She had the odd feeling of nostolgia, as if this had happened many times before. 

Her vivid lilac nightgown clung to her knees, and she ran to the window, hoping to spot something that would stir up her memory. "Awake again." said a voice behind her. Heather screamed. A bearded man with a fedora and a brown coat sat in the corner of the dusty, humid room. Heather clutched her chest and was comforted by the steady beat of her heart. Heather tried to tell the man she had frightened her but could only manage out... "P-p-pico-piccolo." The man nodded as if he understood her. "Yes, Heather, my name is Piccolo. You remember this. Intresting."

"Heather my dear-" he continued. "I have had this conversation with you many times, although you probably don't remember." Heather shook her head furiously. "Riddled with narcolepsey and memory loss, tsk, tsk tsk. You have been quite the project." Mr. Piccolo paced up and down the room. "Heather, come here darling, I want you to lie down on the bed." Mr. Piccolo said. Heather did as she was told, she did not like being told what to do, but she did not think Mr. Piccolo was the sort of person who people disobeyed." 

Heather did not realize how much time had passed, but after hours and hours of waiting performed by Mr. Piccolo, sitting in his firm archair, Heather awoke again. She did not have any idea of who she was but got out of bed, murmuring Piccolo to herself. Mr. Piccolo sighed, he did not know what he was to do to restore Heather back to her true state, but he was willing to do it in a heartbeat. 

Re: Lost.
new

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:58 pm

This is so awesome! I loved it! Please keep writing! Can't wait to see a book called Lost! You have great vocab and it is very suspenceful. Keep writing!smiley

new

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Thank you so much! You're the first one to comment on my work! It means so much to me! 

new

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:25 pm

I agree with pandafairy. This is awsome! You totally need to write the rest and get it published! By the way, how did you post this? I'm trying to figure out how to post my story. It's frustrating.

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team